PDA

View Full Version : Nergal Deck Discard

InkwizytorWosho
02-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Hello
I just wanted to share my yesterday idea.
Its a fun deck so dont be too harsh ;)
I am wondering why there are no "discard x cards" cards from oponnent deck atm.
So we will use cosmic realignment.
I wont post full deck, couse first i dont remember every cards i used and secondly its all about the idea.
We need:
4x celebrations to make oponnent draw cards
4x week of austerity to slow rush decks and make him take few dmg

4x Insect swarm
4x earthqake
4x stone shield
Xx earth grasp - switch off pao
Xx rock wall - optional defense
4x slow - cheap defense
4x town portal - removal

4x asha uses all - more cosmic for us :)
4x shantiri ruins - more stone shields,swarms etc
4x altar of shadows - defense
4x broken bridge - removal
4x crystal of power - clear boards with insect and earthqake
I have lvl 100 and still no throne :( , i think would be really good here.

And you have space for some more cards. I used more then 60sty cards to no get discarded faster then oponnent.
Idea is to use first few turns to clear board with insect and crystal and then use stone shield and cosmic.
Repeat as many times as you can, trying to keep your health as high as possible.
When you get oponnect deck to few remaining cards in deck try to remove any creature you cant kill to his hand and use cosmic to left him with no cards.
After he has no cards left use stone shield and cosmic to take his health below yours.
I have played only a couple of games and it was pretty fun as my oponnent didnt know what i was doing to the point when it was too late.
Hardest matchup probably will be any inferno rush with dispells, but it kills any combo and should kill kontrol decks.
Deck would be really good if like in any card games i know you will loose when you have no cards left but here its a bit harder.
What you think about it :) ?
First ever Duels of Champions decks discard idea ;)

WalkingHawking
02-08-2013, 12:21 PM
So... what will you do if you discard all your cosmics and asha uses all before your opponent runs out of cards?
Dunno what's your idea of "fun", but for me it's just dumb :P

InkwizytorWosho
02-08-2013, 12:24 PM
The same as when you are playing tower combo and someone uses garrant purge, sometimes **** happens ;)

Shambell
02-09-2013, 02:40 AM
I am wondering why there are no "discard x cards" cards from oponnent deck atm.

There is discard cards, it's even one of the main mechanism of Inferno.

psychobabble.
02-11-2013, 01:37 AM
He means cards that mill from the library, not discard from hand. It's a valid question, mill is certainly a win-con that could be explored in future expansions (though questionable whether they want to encourage it given that the game doesn't auto-finish once you're milled, so it's even more boring than usual :)).

Shambell
02-11-2013, 08:46 AM
Well, wasn't some dev using some Sanctuary milling deck in the past ?
Something with throne and cosmic...