PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 4 vs. WatchDogs

WarrriorPoet
02-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Does the news about an impending Assassin's Creed game, most likely releasing between October and November of 2013, mean Watchdogs will be released sometime in 2014 or later?

I was working under a theory that Watchdogs would be a Launch title for the Playstaion 4 and X-box 720. I also believe that the next generation consoles will be released at the end of 2013 around the holidays. Assassin's Creed Console Titles dating all the way back to the first game have been released in Fall, around November.

Except the most recent, being Assassins Creed III having been released in October. It is unlikely that Ubisoft will break from this Fall tradition. Especially seeing as it could be the first such tradition of a new console generation.

So where do you think that leaves Watchdogs? It is unlikely that Ubisoft will release Watchdogs and what I am guessing is Assassin's Creed 4 both at launch. Seeing how they would be in direct competition with of each other.

And it will pit an Promising new IP against a well established franchise. Now me personally I will buy both if this unlikely scenario occurs. But what about you?

Now that an official statement has been made about the next Assassin's Creed Game, when do you think Watchdogs will be released? Will it be pushed back to 2014? Will they be released side by side at the next gen launch?

Will Ubisoft break from their tradition and release thenext Assassin's Creed title early in 2014? Let me know what you think.

YuurHeen
02-07-2013, 11:43 PM
more like far cry 3 I guess. in end november/december.
It was leaked that the ps4 is coming in asia and usa at the holidays and europa in 2014. So watch dogs will probably come for this gen consoles and whether for the next as well is still a question.

anyway if ubisoft is smart it will launch ac4 late in the year as well. around mid november and then watchdogs in december because september/october will be ruled by gtaV.

RatonhnhakeFan
02-07-2013, 11:43 PM
I really doubt Ubisoft would put Watch Dogs in the same release window as nthe next AC so yeah, sometime-2013 release for Watch Dogs seems more likely to me

dxsxhxcx
02-08-2013, 12:34 AM
IMO if they release Watch Dogs at the same time as the new AC they'll feel how the yearly releases are hurting the franchise, I bet many people who is getting tired of AC and want it to take a break and don't have enough money to buy both games would probably choose (to buy first) Watch Dogs instead of the new AC, I know I would/will...

IWGCJoeCool
02-08-2013, 01:43 PM
did i not read in Game Informer, last month, that the Watch Dogs title was lost in the twilight? that it was either not going to happen, or it wouldnt be for present gen consoles. however, the gist was that it was derailed completely. that was in the same article that speculated what Disney would or wouldnt do with Lucas in general and Star Wars, etc.

that would be a bummer cuz the more i look for new games or franchises to immerse myself, the more i figured out i want more AC. i D/L'd AC1 off of XBL back in September, just to "get a taste" of it" before AC3. since, i played AC2, AC3 awaiting King George, and squeezed in Brotherhood and Revelations now. i dont boot the game anymore, i just melt the discs down and shoot them straight into a vein!!! lol

anyway, the teaser of Watch Dogs at E3 last June knocked my sox off, and i hope it happens, this year, and for my 360. worst case scenario is that an AC4(or something B-ish or R-ish) in late Fall would be followed by a Watch Dogs the very next month.

JC

WarrriorPoet
02-08-2013, 05:01 PM
I go to 6 different gaming websites on a daily bases. And i have not heard anything other then speculation as to whether or not Watch Dogs was a Current Gen game or a Next Gen game. After the stunning reception the E3 Demo received there's no way that games not coming out.

They would be fools not to. I like you want more Assassin's Creed. There is not one thing about that franchise that Discourages me.

If i may make a suggestion to you. It would be to play the games and experiences the other entries of the series in chronological order. Let me know and i'll upload complete chronology for you. It's really the proper way to experience the series in my opinion.

And if they decided to release Assassin's Creed 4 in November and Watch Dogs in December, I would be more than happy to buy both. Not that i won't anyways.

WarrriorPoet
02-08-2013, 05:03 PM
did i not read in Game Informer, last month, that the Watch Dogs title was lost in the twilight? that it was either not going to happen, or it wouldnt be for present gen consoles. however, the gist was that it was derailed completely. that was in the same article that speculated what Disney would or wouldnt do with Lucas in general and Star Wars, etc.

that would be a bummer cuz the more i look for new games or franchises to immerse myself, the more i figured out i want more AC. i D/L'd AC1 off of XBL back in September, just to "get a taste" of it" before AC3. since, i played AC2, AC3 awaiting King George, and squeezed in Brotherhood and Revelations now. i dont boot the game anymore, i just melt the discs down and shoot them straight into a vein!!! lol

anyway, the teaser of Watch Dogs at E3 last June knocked my sox off, and i hope it happens, this year, and for my 360. worst case scenario is that an AC4(or something B-ish or R-ish) in late Fall would be followed by a Watch Dogs the very next month.

JC

I go to 6 differentgaming websites on a daily bases. And i have not heard anything other thenspeculation as to whether or not Watch Dogs was a Current Gen game or a NextGen game. After the stunning reception the E3 Demo received there's no way thatgames not coming out.

They would be foolsnot to. I like you want more Assassin's Creed. There is not one thing aboutthat franchise that Discourages me.

If i may make asuggestion to you. It would be to play the games and experiences the otherentries of the series in chronological order. Let me know and i'll uploadcomplete chronology for you. It's really the proper way to experience theseries in my opinion.

And if they decidedto release Assassin's Creed 4 in November and Watch Dogs in December, I wouldbe more than happy to buy both. Not that i won't anyways.