PDA

View Full Version : Giving Up

McJobless
02-07-2013, 10:37 PM
So, somebody let the cat out of the bag and announced there will be an AC4. Yeah, no. If you can't even fix your old game before announcing a new one or even finish releasing DLC, which should be free after all the ******** we've gone through, I don't think you deserve a sale. Not even an illegal download. I cannot be bothered with the franchise anymore.

Brotherhood was great, and I had a lot of fun with it. But Revelations came along and it felt tacky and a tad boring. The ending was okay, but I thought we deserved better. So, AC3 was Ubisoft's chance to prove otherwise. Welp, you ****ed that up. I can only see a complete repeat of the same issues and delays we're having now happen with the PC version, if they even bother with it. I keep looking at companies like CDPR and Irrational, and they respect and treat the PC gamers right. They have great support lines and love feedback and they keep telling us, nay, giving us, what we want. Ubisoft just ****s around and presents a shoddy product, they then limit the reviews to a console version and pay them off to give a good review and then ignore anybody who has a problem.

So, bah humbug. No AC4. No Watch Dogs. No Tom Clancy games. I'm bugging out. Do yourself a favour Ubi, and just stop producing games.

rmartinezdl
02-08-2013, 06:19 AM
I feel you bro, I am sorry but due to HORRIBLE support for this game, I FRACKING PREORDERED UBISOFT.

Guess I wont be buying or preordering ac4, cant wait to play it though :cool::eek:

Assassin_M
02-08-2013, 06:55 AM
I feel you bro, I am sorry but due to HORRIBLE support for this game, I FRACKING PREORDERED UBISOFT.

Guess I wont be buying or preordering ac4, cant wait to play it though :cool::eek:
Yeah say it proudly....I`m stealing a game....Yeah....I`m so awesome....I wont buy the game, because they screw me over, but I`m stealing...Yeah....and I`m so proud of myself....yeah.....You make me sick.....Work goes into these games......They screwed you, they have ****ty support, you have every right to stop buying, but you have NO RIGHT at all to steal it....You`re no better than them...In fact you`re even worse....

Trenixdecease
02-08-2013, 07:44 AM
Yeah say it proudly....I`m stealing a game....Yeah....I`m so awesome....I wont buy the game, because they screw me over, but I`m stealing...Yeah....and I`m so proud of myself....yeah.....You make me sick.....Work goes into these games......They screwed you, they have ****ty support, you have every right to stop buying, but you have NO RIGHT at all to steal it....You`re no better than them...In fact you`re even worse....

Worse? No I think he's actually smarter than them. You treat your community with respect, because they're your fans, they're what made this game. If it wasn't for the customers, this game wouldn't even exist. We're technically their "boss" and we have expectations because it's our money that they're taking. Developers these days think they can do what they want like they own the games they create, that type of mind state is what makes games fail. I know many underground games that have small communities and last a lot longer than some of these stuck-up mainstream games. Cracking is a form of protesting in my opinion. People saying not to do that because then they won't make assassin's creed for the PC anymore? Who cares, they barely put any effort on it anyway when compared to the consoles.

Assassin_M
02-08-2013, 07:51 AM
Worse? No I think he's actually smarter than them. You treat your community with respect, because they're your fans, they're what made this game. If it wasn't for the customers, this game wouldn't even exist. We're technically their "boss" and we have expectations because it's our money that they're taking. Developers these days think they can do what they want like they own the games they create, that type of mind state is what makes games fail. I know many underground games that have small communities and last a lot longer than some of these stuck-up mainstream games. Cracking is a form of protesting in my opinion. People saying not to do that because then they won't make assassin's creed for the PC anymore? Who cares, they barely put any effort on it anyway when compared to the consoles.
Then don't buy it.....Stealing is smart now ?? No wonder businessmen are so prosperous.....You do not justify stealing, it`s hard work....DO NOT BUY IT...You`re not giving them your Money anymore when you do not buy it..

Trenixdecease
02-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Then don't buy it.....Stealing is smart now ?? No wonder businessmen are so prosperous.....You do not justify stealing, it`s hard work....DO NOT BUY IT...You`re not giving them your Money anymore when you do not buy it..

Don't make it seem like I'm stealing, I've bought all the Assassin's Creeds. I'm not saying stealing is smart, but Ubisoft trying to hustle their customers is even more stupid. If people feel that Assassin's Creed isn't worth $60 anymore because of Ubisoft's lack of effort, then they'll crack it. Besides, I don't find it "stealing". Someone had to first buy the game and then crack it. Who gives anyone the right to tell them what they can or cannot do with their product once they've purchased it? If Ubisoft is good with their community, then what should they be afraid of?

Assassin_M
02-08-2013, 08:08 AM
Don't make it seem like I'm stealing, I've bought all the Assassin's Creeds. I'm not saying stealing is smart, but Ubisoft trying to hustle their customers is even more stupid. If people feel that Assassin's Creed isn't worth $60 anymore because of Ubisoft's lack of effort, then they'll crack it. Besides, I don't find it "stealing". Someone had to first buy the game and then crack it. Who gives anyone the right to tell them what they can or cannot do with their product once they've purchased it? If Ubisoft is good with their community, then what should they be afraid of?
That is stealing, friend....but you know, whatever helps at night after a good day`s theft.....I cannot believe what this world is coming to...Just wow...You make my guts wrench...

Just remember, each one who`s downloading a cracked game, is using someone`s hard work......Karma sucks, bro

Trenixdecease
02-08-2013, 08:23 AM
That is stealing, friend....but you know, whatever helps at night after a good day`s theft.....I cannot believe what this world is coming to...Just wow...You make my guts wrench...

Just remember, each one who`s downloading a cracked game, is using someone`s hard work......Karma sucks, bro

Can any Ubisoft Staff please tell this fella that I actually bought my AC games? :D

What the world is coming to is having ignorant and stubborn people like you attacking the wrong people.

Assassin_M
02-08-2013, 08:27 AM
Can any Ubisoft Staff please tell this fella that I actually bought my AC games? :D

What the world is coming to is having ignorant and stubborn people like you attacking the wrong people.
I never said you stole anything...You`re the one who jumped in something that Obviously did not concern you, since you do not steal games...

Thank you for calling me Ignorant, though...appreciated...

Trenixdecease
02-08-2013, 08:37 AM
I never said you stole anything...You`re the one who jumped in something that Obviously did not concern you, since you do not steal games...

Thank you for calling me Ignorant, though...appreciated...

Well lets see...

Awful lot of you's to make it seem like it's being directed toward me and then you tell me how karma sucks like I have something to do with it.

Assassin_M
02-08-2013, 08:42 AM
Well lets see...

Awful lot of you's to make it seem like it's being directed toward me.
Doesn't refer to you, "But you know" is a casual term, it`s exempt from the following "whatever helps at night" If I said you stole it would "whatever helps YOU at night"

You make my guts wrench because you`re justifying and making it sound like something it`s not...Honest.

If I wanted to call you a thief, I would right in your face.....I wont deter back on a statement, but If I discover that I was wrong I apologize....that simple

jhewt.sp
02-08-2013, 09:11 AM
It's really funny to read the entire discussion, everyone seems to forget that there's actually people working behind this AAA games and as far I know Assassin's Creed is the top of Ubisoft's franchises along with FarCry and some others. Having a bad and really slow support doesn't mean that you're screwed by Ubisoft and it doesn't justify any kind of piracy, because the game is really great and like everything, it has its bugs (to be honest, there's A LOT compared to other releases) but again, took a long time and a lot of people to get it published and working... sometimes not as supposed to, but isn't meant to be like that.
I don't say I'm an angel and I didn't illegitimately download a game once... I did and a couple of time because of the lack of payment methods offered for other countries like mine.
And seeing the effort put into it, it's worth the price, and even with it's giant bugs I enjoy it anyway but like everyone else I'd love to play it smoothly and with less bugs.

Assassin_M
02-08-2013, 09:15 AM
It's really funny to read the entire discussion, everyone seems to forget that there's actually people working behind this AAA games and as far I know Assassin's Creed is the top of Ubisoft's franchises along with FarCry and some others. Having a bad and really slow support doesn't mean that you're screwed by Ubisoft and it doesn't justify any kind of piracy, because the game is really great and like everything, it has its bugs (to be honest, there's A LOT compared to other releases) but again, took a long time and a lot of people to get it published and working... sometimes not as supposed to, but isn't meant to be like that.
I don't say I'm an angel and I didn't illegitimately download a game once... I did and a couple of time because of the lack of payment methods ofered for other countries like mine.
And seeing the effort put into it, it's worth the price and even with it's giant bugs I enjoy it anyway but like everyone else I'd love to play it smoothly and with less bugs.
Thank You very much, sir...

This sense of entitlement is just baffling...

I appreciate your honesty...unlike others who`ll defend and justify THEFT of hard work..

Trenixdecease
02-08-2013, 09:40 AM
Thank You very much, sir...

This sense of entitlement is just baffling...

I appreciate your honesty...unlike others who`ll defend and justify THEFT of hard work..

Really? Because It kind of looks like he was also trying to justify his so called "theft". Yeah Ubisoft must of put in so much effort in their game. I don't know about you, but the singleplayer and multiplayer has been mostly the same with just minor changes. Just take a look at how fast they've came up with so many new DLCs just for some quick cash. These AC games were nothing more than expansions, but they were charged as a full game. This is hustling, deception, the actual theft. I'm surprised why you're so aggravated about piracy anyway. Do you known a game that has been pirated? Are you part of the ubisoft staff? What's your story? Sounds like you're mad because people can get the game for free and you can't. How do you fight back a company that's money hungry? With piracy of course! It shows that people still like the game, they're just not willing to spend money on it yet because it doesn't meet their expectations. Not buying the game just shows that no one likes the game anymore, but that's giving off the wrong impression.

Edit: But then again I don't even care what happens. I'm probably just going to abandon this game until something changes.

Assassin_M
02-08-2013, 09:43 AM
Really? Because It kind of looks like he was also trying to justify his so called "theft". Yeah Ubisoft must of put in so much effort in their game. I don't know about you, but the singleplayer and multiplayer has been mostly the same with just minor changes. Just take a look at how fast they've came up with so many new DLCs just for some quick cash. These AC games were nothing more than expansions, but they were charged as a full game. This is hustling, deception, the actual theft. I'm surprised why you're so aggravated about piracy anyway. Do you known a game that has been pirated? Are you part of the ubisoft staff? What's your story? Sounds like you're mad because people can get the game for free and you can't. How do you fight back a company that's money hungry? With piracy of course! It shows that people still like the game, they're just not willing to spend money on it yet because it doesn't meet their expectations. Not buying the game just shows that no one likes the game anymore, but that's giving off the wrong impression.
Time to stop posting now, darling....Alright ??

Or better, I`ll leave you to sprout your own bull ****

I do not wish you a good day....You`re so Ignorant, you don't even know what kind of work goes into these games, but obviously, you`re enjoying your bliss, so i`ll leave it here...

I`ll enjoy your ridiculous reply to this post, though......I`m certain it`ll be hilarious..

jhewt.sp
02-08-2013, 09:49 AM
Really? Because It kind of looks like he was also trying to justify his so called "theft". Yeah Ubisoft must of put in so much effort in their game. I don't know about you, but the singleplayer and multiplayer has been mostly the same with just minor changes. Just take a look at how fast they've came up with so many new DLCs just for some quick cash. These AC games were nothing more than expansions, but they were charged as a full game. This is hustling, deception, the actual theft. I'm surprised why you're so aggravated about piracy anyway. Do you known a game that has been pirated? Are you part of the ubisoft staff? What's your story? Sounds like you're mad because people can get the game for free and you can't. How do you fight back a company that's money hungry? With piracy of course! It shows that people still like the game, they're just not willing to spend money on it yet because it doesn't meet their expectations. Not buying the game just shows that no one likes the game anymore, but that's giving off the wrong impression.Let me tell you something, those games I downloaded illegitimately were from 2007~2009 because I was underage and I don't ask money from "dad". And the few ones I did illegitimately downloaded are now llegitimally in my Steam account since I did realised the very hard work put into them and also I've experienced what is being pirated, and let me tell you... it doesn't feel good.
If you knew how hard was for me to get this games paying in US dollars, as you know in Argentina there's very strict rules to not let citizens do international transactions and similar stuff... I had to tell my customers to pay me to a PayPal account just for buy games, and guess what... I'm still telling them to send a small part of the payment to my PayPal account to buy the games I like most.

BTW the one I pirated and I've now legitimately is AC1 (the retail version).

bolz87
02-08-2013, 10:48 AM
The really sad thing is that we can't do nothing to change the situation. This is one of my best series EVER, oh I say is? Now it's more WAS.. if i will not see a proper support i will not buy any AC future games, and also i will not crack them, why would I take time to download a cracked game that doesn't work properly? nono, no buy, no crack, no youtube, no more AC

Mr_Shade
02-08-2013, 12:48 PM
please continue discussion in the pinned thread.

reminder to all - talking about piracy is against the forum rules.