PDA

View Full Version : Next Girl by The Black Keys

MarkGuitarist
02-07-2013, 07:51 PM
Hey, just a quick and possibly stupid question! :3

I love the fact that buying Rocksmith has got me into The Black keys, after starting the game this is the first song I mastered and it's really easy. I want to know what the other instrument is in the background to this song, is it a keyboard? I 'm going to start jamming with 2 other guys soon with 2 guitars and drums and we are all new to playing instruments and want to play Next girl thats why I'm asking.

Thanks in advance for the replies,

Mark

rcole_sooner
02-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Moving to the Rock On forum.

I think there are more guitar parts than are charted in RS.

MarkGuitarist
02-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Oh thats a shame :( I figured it would have all the guitar parts in every song on Rocksmith, is this the only song they have done it with or are there more?

HadOne2Many
02-07-2013, 08:18 PM
I've wondered this myself. In this live version you can see there's a guy playing the keyboard with them, but I'm not sure about the original version. I always thought there was multiple guitar tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFGLaNN1Okc

exolstice
02-08-2013, 03:28 PM
What I assumed was another guitar looks like the keyboard from that clip.

Brick235
02-08-2013, 03:40 PM
I read an interview with Auerbach and their last album was recorded with only guitar, drums, bass and I believe some different keyboard sounds added in. They recorded the album with just 2 guys and a producer.

HadOne2Many
02-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Yeah I was under the same impression, that it was just Dan and Patrick on the album.

Doos
02-09-2013, 01:53 AM
Yeah, in the video posted it's definitely, 100% the keyboard making those background notes.

You could easily replicate with a guitar, I think. Play with your amps and pedals, get a squeally thing going on.

Most importantly, have fun. That's a great jamming song for a new band. Easy to pick up.. fun to play.