PDA

View Full Version : Confused...

iceygricey87
02-06-2013, 11:09 PM
When the information about the game first came out, I thought you would only use one payment of $50 ($60 for console) to own. But since I have been doing some research (all online, may not be true) there was some conflicting information floating around, saying they may be using the Free-to-Play (F2P) method. So is this game going to be like STOR, WOW, or any game, where you pay for subscriptions, but it is free up to a certain point? Or is it like most games, where you have to only pay once, and you have the entire game at your disposal (SW:KOTOR, Age of Empires, COD, Halo, etc.)?

(Sorry if it sounds confusing)

Tully__
02-07-2013, 04:02 AM
Free to Play means that you can play for free but some premium in games have to be bought with real money. Check out the Steam store F2P list for lots of examples. An Ubisoft example is Ghost Recon Online (http://ghost-recon.ubi.com/ghost-recon-online/en-US/home/index.aspx) (not Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, that's a pay for game).

WoW is NOT free to play last time I played it, you had to subscribe.

iceygricey87
02-08-2013, 12:02 AM
I know that Team Fortress 2 is a F2P game, and have played it before. Just like I have played LoL. So it would be kind of like those games in a sense?

Tully__
02-08-2013, 01:06 PM
I honestly can't comment any further, I haven't been following the news on Watch Dogs at all :(
I've asked one of the paid staff to see if we can't dig up some clarification for you.

iceygricey87
02-08-2013, 08:00 PM
I apologize, I do not mean to hound you with all of these questions. :-/ I am just a little confused with the information that has been released so far. If there is a way they could help clarify a little bit, I'd appreciate it. If not, I completely understand. Thanks again for helping me! :-) I am sorry that my questions were confusing.