PDA

View Full Version : This is OUTRAGEOUS [spoilers]

RubikBarar
02-06-2013, 07:17 AM
How the hell Haythum Kenway being a templar own and use the Assasin's Hidden blades..? :mad:

Assassin_M
02-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Wow, Bro......This has got to be the most over reacting, pointless post ever...

Chill......Outrageous....just lol xD

YazX_
02-06-2013, 10:35 AM
O.o

spectatorx
02-06-2013, 10:59 AM
Same goes for eagle vision.

ProletariatPleb
02-06-2013, 11:43 AM
How does being a human let you use both a glass and a cup! Travesty!

Anykeyer
02-06-2013, 12:40 PM
LOL at this thread. Haytham was born into the Brotherhood.

AjinkyaParuleka
02-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Haytham was born into brotherhood and joined the Templar when he was 8...there's no way Assassins gave kids hidden blades.From the book,it was stolen from the Assassin Miko(The first target we kill in this game).

Anykeyer
02-06-2013, 01:00 PM
:)
If you know this then you should also had known that he started his training as an assassin at a much earlier age. Being born into the Brotherhood explains his eagle vision (and Connor's in turn, for some reason no one here even asked why Connor has it)

andreja110s
02-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Woha xD Outrageous is a... strong word for such a topic xD

Haythum Kenway? Never heard of him, but I heard of Haytham Kenway....

Anyway, you should really read Assassin┤s Creed Forsaken. It┤s a great book and I think by reading it some of your questions might be answered :)

GalakFyarr
02-06-2013, 03:06 PM
Haytham Kenway was born to an Assassin father, however, he was turned to the Templar Order. The hidden blades he uses are probably his father's or simply stolen from an assassin. (I don't know)

Shaun himself says (if you speak with him) it surprises him Templars didn't use hidden blades more. So even if there was no explanation at all for where he got the hidden blades from, it wouldn't be hard to imagine he made his own, because he knew about the ones Assassin's used.

As for why Haytham has eagle vision, I was under the impression that eagle vision was something that ONLY Alta´r and his descendants have, that it was a "special power" specific to Alta´r and his offspring. You seem to forget that everyone we play as (Ezio, Haytham, Connor) are ALL ancestors of Desmond, therefore, they are linked to Alta´r, so it's not too much of a stretch to imagine they all inherited eagle vision from Alta´r.

MT4K
02-06-2013, 03:10 PM
Haytham Kenway was born to an Assassin father, however, he was turned to the Templar Order. The hidden blades he uses are probably his father's or simply stolen from an assassin. (I don't know)

Shaun himself says (if you speak with him) it surprises him Templars didn't use hidden blades more. So even if there was no explanation at all for where he got the hidden blades from, it wouldn't be hard to imagine he made his own, because he knew about the ones Assassin's used.

As for why Haytham has eagle vision, I was under the impression that eagle vision was something that ONLY Alta´r and his descendants have, that it was a "special power" specific to Alta´r and his offspring. You seem to forget that everyone we play as (Ezio, Haytham, Connor) are ALL ancestors of Desmond, therefore, they are linked to Alta´r, so it's not too much of a stretch to imagine they all inherited eagle vision from Alta´r.

Altair, Ezio and Haytham/Connor are not related.

Tanyn
02-06-2013, 06:26 PM

It's actually not Altair-specific ... the gift of eagle vision is granted to anyone who can trace their bloodline back to members of the First Civilization. Humans did not start having said gift, until one of us mixed with one of them. The Assassins (that we play as) are all descendants of the "precursors", as the Templars now call them.

To clarify, not all Assassins possess Eagle Vision, as is made obvious throughout several points of the franchise. However; Altair, Ezio, Haytham, Connor, and Desmond are all descendants of members of the First Civilization, so THEY do possess Eagle Vision.

guardian_titan
02-06-2013, 07:18 PM
I just got into the series this past December due to the Steam holiday sale, and even I know how Haytham became a Templar and why he had hidden blades. It's really not hard to find, especially if you really are a fan of the series. Have to wonder if people are grasping at straws to find things to complain about. What's next? Someone complains about there only being 4 horse colors in the game when the other games had additional colors that could've made it into AC3?

Simple answer: Read Assassin's Creed Forsaken. It explains exactly how Haytham became a Templar and how he got his hidden blades ... or at least one of them.

Alternate short answer: Read the Assassin's Creed wiki page on Haytham. That also explains how Haytham became a Templar and how he got at least one of his hidden blades.

Longer answer: Haytham's father Edward was an Assassin. He spent Haytham's early years training his son to be an Assassin. On the morning of Haytham's 10th birthday, thugs hired by the Templars raided the Kenway home and murdered Edward. Haytham then ended up in the claws of the Templars. Shaun does state within the game that the Templars likely got Haytham when he was young. Shaun wasn't sure how Haytham got his hidden blades, though.

As for Haytham's hidden blade, he ran into an assassin named Miko while he was in his 20s, and while the two were fighting, Haytham managed to take off with Miko's blade. Reading the book suggests he only took one of Miko's blade (if Miko even dual wielded them which wasn't mentioned) so Haytham either used his father's hidden blade as the second one (doubtful since it was likely damaged in the fire the night his father died or buried with his father) or had a second one made. Hidden blades aren't hard to make once you have the plans, and Haytham already had one blade so making a second would've been fairly simple.

I certainly won't give away the entire story. Read the book. You might also be surprised to see how similar Haytham and Connor really are. Like father, like son.

As a FYI, Haytham wasn't the only Templar to use hidden blades. The Assassin Creed wiki page has a list of other Templars who also used them. They're rather convienent little weapons so why wouldn't the Templars use them? Makes you wonder why the Templars don't use them more often.

GalakFyarr
02-06-2013, 11:14 PM
Altair, Ezio and Haytham/Connor are not related.

They are all Desmond's ancestors... Sure, they don't have to be connected in a straight line though, I guess.

MT4K
02-06-2013, 11:43 PM
They are all Desmond's ancestors... Sure, they don't have to be connected in a straight line though, I guess.

That's what i meant. You made it sound like they was related to each other directly. But Ezio for instance is confirmed to NOT be directly related to Altair.. The converging point for them all was Desmond.

GalakFyarr
02-07-2013, 11:09 AM
That's what i meant. You made it sound like they was related to each other directly. But Ezio for instance is confirmed to NOT be directly related to Altair.. The converging point for them all was Desmond.

well to be completely honest, I did think they were connected in a straight line (there's enough time between them for it to be possible, IMHO), or at least that the Auditore and Kenway families are simply two different branches from a same ancestor (who in turn was a descendant of Alta´r).

But then the only lore I base myself upon is what I've learned through the games and occasional Wiki visits, so I'm not an expert :)

EDIT:
now that I think of it, it's kinda hard to imagine when Ezio would've had time to have kids... :p Unless something happened after Revelations that we don't know about. Tsk tsk tsk Ezio, you old bugger.

andreja110s
02-07-2013, 11:22 AM
EDIT:
now that I think of it, it's kinda hard to imagine when Ezio would've had time to have kids... :p Unless something happened after Revelations that we don't know about. Tsk tsk tsk Ezio, you old bugger.

Watch Assassin┤s Creed Embers ;)