PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft, Y U NO MAKE PROPER GAME DOWNLOADERS

TurtleOne_
02-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Ok, I just got mad now. I downloaded AC III like 4 hours ago. I tried to install it, but at the end, there was a "critical error" and instalation stopped. Then, I verified files, and it happened again. Ok, so I verified files again. It redownloaded like 2 gigs of installer, then I thought everything will be ok. But NO ! Another file was corrupted, and I have to verify all the installer files twice again. Now I'm installing a game, and I hope it will be the now. Anyway, your download speeds are miserable, Ubisoft. I downloaded the game at 600KB/s, while I got 1,2MB/s maximum download transfer... Same was with "verifying" files... I have never tried to install a game for literally 4 hours... Ubisoft, You have just beaten a record. Good Job.

nferno_6
02-21-2015, 10:36 AM
I have the VERY SAME problem currently I am unable to get into my game...I do not even GET the verify option in my launcher.

Please help me..

Lignjoslav
02-21-2015, 10:47 AM
Mate, the only thing you can do is look for a installation backup if you made one or someone to borrow you the discs. People have noticed that Ubi have messed up the installation files for older AC games around the time Unity came out and they still haven't gotten round to reuploading correct files. I was lucky I saved the installation on an external drive.

MonkeySeeker
02-21-2015, 01:47 PM
Mate, the only thing you can do is look for a installation backup if you made one or someone to borrow you the discs. People have noticed that Ubi have messed up the installation files for older AC games around the time Unity came out and they still haven't gotten round to reuploading correct files. I was lucky I saved the installation on an external drive.

I think Uplay just has strange problems in general when downloading games (not for everybody of course).

Before I got ACIII on Steam I bought it from Get Games Go which was a Uplay copy (obviously). Every time I tried to download AC III from Uplay I got the same error, I also had the same problem with Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands which I bought from Gamersgate.

Luckily both of those stores also provide the files for download themselves as Uplay support were of no help whatsoever (shocker!)