PDA

View Full Version : Will the Jacob Zenger bug ever be fixed?

Jaxelrod
02-04-2013, 10:13 PM
So all of my recruits are lv11 Assassins. Yet, for one of my liberation missions "Make Jacob Zenger an assassin", it is stuck at 90%. This is the only bug left in the game for me that is preventing me from getting my platinum. Had it for MONTHS. Patch after patch, it hasn't been fixed.

Jaxelrod
03-13-2013, 07:25 PM
Bump.

Mr_Shade
03-13-2013, 07:28 PM
Hi There,

have you reported the issue you're having to support?

www.support.ubi.com

Arkeon1985
03-13-2013, 07:35 PM
Hi There,

www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

Was that supposed to be a funny joke?

martdude16
03-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Hi There,

www.support.ubi.com

Only about 5 times over the last few months... getting the same useless response everytime: "we have passed the message along". Obviously being ignored by Ubi who can't be bothered to fix it.

See... http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/755383-Game-still-broken-at-99-is-it-that-hard-to-give-us-a-feedback
& http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/756587-Jacob-Zenger-stuck-at-81
& http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/746221-Stuck-at-99-Total-Sync
& http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/733384-Stuck-at-99
& http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/739449-Jamie-Colley-Bug

All those threads are from the first page of the community section. Do something.

montagemik
03-13-2013, 07:52 PM
Only about 5 times over the last few months... getting the same useless response everytime: "we have passed the message along". Obviously being ignored by Ubi who can't be bothered to fix it.

See... http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/755383-Game-still-broken-at-99-is-it-that-hard-to-give-us-a-feedback
& http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/756587-Jacob-Zenger-stuck-at-81
& http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/746221-Stuck-at-99-Total-Sync
& http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/733384-Stuck-at-99
& http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/739449-Jamie-Colley-Bug

Do something.

Be quicker to delete your GAME SAVE & Replay the whole game again after reinstalling the disc ................... Quicker than expecting this one thing to be fixed. Same with the UFO mission somebody had glitched .

Bastiaen
03-13-2013, 07:52 PM
I hate to say it... Replay the game and hope for no glitch. Get your money's worth out of the game by replaying it. It happens to be an incredibly fun game.

martdude16
03-13-2013, 07:57 PM
Be quicker to delete your GAME SAVE & Replay the whole game again after reinstalling the disc ................... Quicker than expecting this one thing to be fixed. Same with the UFO mission somebody had glitched .

I shouldn't have to and I don't want to play it again; getting 100% sync in some things was an annoyance. If I enjoyed doing it all again, believe me I would, but I don't.

So I may aswell try and bring this to their attention. They must be aware with the amount of people complaining. Yet they don't even acknowledge the problem.

montagemik
03-14-2013, 01:39 AM
I shouldn't have to and I don't want to play it again; getting 100% sync in some things was an annoyance. If I enjoyed doing it all again, believe me I would, but I don't.

So I may aswell try and bring this to their attention. They must be aware with the amount of people complaining. Yet they don't even acknowledge the problem.

LOL - Well as it didn't sink in ............. I'll say it simply - In the grand scheme of the title AC3 - This GLITCH that YOU have come across , preventing your 100% sync - ISN'T such a widespread problem or occurance as You seem to think it is .....from the MILLIONS of copies sold . So they probably never WILL fix this specific glitch . (
Hint hint - they're already focusing on DLC & AC4 .......not AC3 bug fixes so much )

I Didn't say you 'should' have to replay the whole game - I said it would 'Be Quicker' than expecting a fix. :nonchalance:

Jaxelrod
03-14-2013, 05:21 PM
I hate to say it... Replay the game and hope for no glitch. Get your money's worth out of the game by replaying it. It happens to be an incredibly fun game.

Replay the game for another 45 hours to get the platinum I should have in the first place? Not to mention AC3 is quite possibly the WORST game in the series? No thanks.

martdude16
03-14-2013, 05:53 PM
LOL - Well as it didn't sink in ............. I'll say it simply - In the grand scheme of the title AC3 - This GLITCH that YOU have come across , preventing your 100% sync - ISN'T such a widespread problem or occurance as You seem to think it is .....from the MILLIONS of copies sold . So they probably never WILL fix this specific glitch . (
Hint hint - they're already focusing on DLC & AC4 .......not AC3 bug fixes so much )

I Didn't say you 'should' have to replay the whole game - I said it would 'Be Quicker' than expecting a fix. :nonchalance:

Those threads I linked were from the first page of the community forum alone. So yes it IS a widespread problem. I am sure that of the millions who bought the game, only a small percentage would attempt 100%, and of that small percentage alot of people have the problem. It may have happened to other people's game, yet they are unaware or they just don't care about it enough to bring it to Ubi's attention like the rest of us.

So my point still applies and as it didn't sink in, I'll say it simply... "I shouldn't have to and I don't want to play it again; getting 100% sync in some things was an annoyance. If I enjoyed doing it all again, believe me I would, but I don't. SO I MAY ASWELL TRY AND BRING THIS TO THEIR ATTENTION. They must be aware with the amount of people complaining. Yet they don't even acknowledge the problem."

And if I did it again, the glitch could happen AGAIN.

montagemik
03-14-2013, 06:30 PM
So - Don't want to try replaying it then ?

Weeks of complaining to 'UBI' support for a FIX 4-5 months after release :rolleyes: vs Actually replaying the game for 30+ hours ............... OK, So go ahead & carry on with ' bringing it to their attention - let me know how your method works out for you.

If you've no interest in replaying the game - seems little point in owning it this long after release.

martdude16
03-14-2013, 07:51 PM

Weeks of complaining to 'UBI' support for a FIX 4-5 months after release :rolleyes: vs Actually replaying the game for 30+ hours ............... OK, So go ahead & carry on with ' bringing it to their attention - let me know how your method works out for you.

If you've no interest in replaying the game - seems little point in owning it this long after release.

By ignoring my point that it is a widespread problem. I'm going to assume you now think it is.

I have a brother who wants to play it. I have no interest in doing so unless it's fixed. :rolleyes:

So yeah, I WILL carry on trying to bring it to their attention, instead of playing the game; a game I won't enjoy playing and a game that might glitch up again.

lordico1969
03-27-2013, 11:54 PM
By ignoring my point that it is a widespread problem. I'm going to assume you now think it is.

I have a brother who wants to play it. I have no interest in doing so unless it's fixed. :rolleyes:

So yeah, I WILL carry on trying to bring it to their attention, instead of playing the game; a game I won't enjoy playing and a game that might glitch up again.

You are very right, I HAVE brought it to their attention too and hopefully there will be an answer eventually. And is not only about playing the game again, is about playing it with 100% sync, which is much longer than 30 hrs, but more like 60.

lordico1969
06-14-2013, 09:33 AM
Well guys, something changed... My ticket's got On Hold status for the first time. I hope I am not raising my hopes to high, but I understand that means someone ACTUALLY is investigating this... I will keep you posted.

lordico1969
06-14-2013, 09:34 AM

This is quite a stupid solution, don't you think? As long as the glitch is not fixed, what stops it (the same or the other ones) to keep reappearing in a replay of the game?!

lordico1969
06-14-2013, 09:37 AM

Please guys, as long as your answer is not in itself an actual fix, stop blabbering about replaying the SAME glitched game, is like you would advice someone to keep banging his head against the same brick wall that injured him in the first place, hoping this time the result will be different...

Assassin_M
06-14-2013, 09:51 AM
I don`t think you`re getting your glitch fixed, sorry...That`s just business..its been what?? 8 months since release?? They released DLCs, numerous patches and are now focusing wholly on AC IV, montagemik MAY be a bit condescending with his responses, but he`s realistic..

You`re better off just replaying the game...trust me, it bears more results than bringing it to Ubi`s attention. If it wasn't fixed in the last few months, it most likely wont be fixed now...you wanna flail angrily, boycott Ubisoft..do as you wish, i`m just saying it how it is and i`m sorry you received a buggy game..

Assassin_M
06-14-2013, 09:52 AM
is like you would advice someone to keep banging his head against the same brick wall that injured him in the first place, hoping this time the result will be different...
That`s not replaying the game, that`s trying to bring it to Ubi`s attention...

Wolfmeister1010
06-14-2013, 01:15 PM
I have to say, the entire assassins guild system in AC3 was a buggy mess, and still kinda Is. Outside of these buggy missions mentioned in this thread, there are many more bugs, like how the lure option for assassins doesn't work (they just run up to a guard and stand still), they freeze frame in the middle of combat, they stand completely still in combat, the sound effects of their weapons and pistols sometimes completely disappear, sometimes when I choose the bullet storm option they instead just jump in an attempt to stab everyone.

It is way too late to adress any of these issues I'm afraid. Ubisoft is focusing most on AC4, and honestly, I don't think they should be wasting time on anything in ac3 anymore. They should be focusing all their efforts on not making the same mistakes in AC4.

montagemik
06-14-2013, 01:31 PM
This is quite a stupid solution, don't you think? As long as the glitch is not fixed, what stops it (the same or the other ones) to keep reappearing in a replay of the game?!

It's a smarter solution than waiting 1-2-3-4-5 months or more for a patch on an intermittent glitch that rarely occurs out of the 12 million plus copies sold.

Waste 30 hours or waste Months :confused: But by all means - keep counting the days for the FIX you're hoping for .

(maybe post in hints & tips if you'd like solutions rather than suggestions)

lordico1969
06-14-2013, 02:54 PM
It's a smarter solution than waiting 1-2-3-4-5 months or more for a patch on an intermittent glitch that rarely occurs out of the 12 million plus copies sold.

Waste 30 hours or waste Months :confused: But by all means - keep counting the days for the FIX you're hoping for .

(maybe post in hints & tips if you'd like solutions rather than suggestions)

I stand with my opinion, playing a game that you KNOW that IS glitched and hoping somehow you will be luckier this time doesn't make sense for me. As for wasting moths to wait for an Ubi reaction, do you really think I am sitting in front of my computer 24/7 waiting for it? There are many games to play, life to be lived...

lordico1969
06-14-2013, 02:58 PM
I don`t think you`re getting your glitch fixed, sorry...That`s just business..its been what?? 8 months since release?? They released DLCs, numerous patches and are now focusing wholly on AC IV, montagemik MAY be a bit condescending with his responses, but he`s realistic..

You`re better off just replaying the game...trust me, it bears more results than bringing it to Ubi`s attention. If it wasn't fixed in the last few months, it most likely wont be fixed now...you wanna flail angrily, boycott Ubisoft..do as you wish, i`m just saying it how it is and i`m sorry you received a buggy game..

Well, that certainly is not a way to react that I expect from a gamer... Next time could be you making the noise, and I am pretty sure you don't want to hear someone trying to tell you to just let it go. Not to mention that I believe the meaning of Customer Support and the existence of these forums hosted by Ubi are justifying me to keep bringing this issue to their attention.

Assassin_M
06-14-2013, 03:02 PM
Well, that certainly is not a way to react that I expect from a gamer... Next time could be you making the noise, and I am pretty sure you don't want to hear someone trying to tell you to just let it go. Not to mention that I believe the meaning of Customer Support and the existence of these forums hosted by Ubi are justifying me to keep bringing this issue to their attention.
I`m telling you this, because I HAVE made noise and I`v seen so many others make noise...we`v made so much noise, i`m deaf now...I`m just sharing my experience with this place and with Ubisoft, once they`v moved on...they`v moved on...I`m terribly sorry that you encountered such bugs, but i`m being realistic with you, i`m not trying to get you down, there`s nothing in it for me...i`m simpy telling you that replaying the game HOLDS FAR MORE results than making a complaint here...

in the end, do as you wish

montagemik
06-14-2013, 03:55 PM
I stand with my opinion, playing a game that you KNOW that IS glitched and hoping somehow you will be luckier this time doesn't make sense for me. As for wasting moths to wait for an Ubi reaction, do you really think I am sitting in front of my computer 24/7 waiting for it? There are many games to play, life to be lived...

No - I Don't think you're just sitting in front of your computer 24-7 waiting for a fix - I think you're attempting nothing but waiting & waiting & waiting & waiting ....
Let me know when your method works .

3-6 months after launch very few things if any are patched in AC games. If i was really bothered after 6-7 months & having already deleted & re-installed all 'Game Data' & DLC, Then tried new gamesaves - i'd buy another copy (new or pre-owned) for about 15-20 . (Or play something else & live your life)

I bought 3 copies of AC-3 , 1 for me , 2 for relatives = Zero permanent gamebreaking glitches in Any copy.

Wolfmeister1010
06-14-2013, 04:43 PM

Wow. Just stop complaining and just replay it. You are not the only one on the planet who has had to deal with annoying bugs such as this. In Assassins creed brotherhood, one of the Leonardo machine missions was bugged so that I couldn't complete it, and I really wanted that 100% sync, so I just replayed the game. It was annoying at first but I was able to do it even better since I had more experience in the game.

You are not so special that ubisoft will fix a bug exlusive to YOUR game. Don't say that it is a "widespread problem" when virtually no one else has ever even brought it up.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-15-2013, 12:17 PM
OK guys, please be civil.

The best way of bringing it to the attention of Technical Support is to open a ticket with them, the link is in my signature.

lordico1969
06-15-2013, 02:07 PM
OK guys, please be civil.

The best way of bringing it to the attention of Technical Support is to open a ticket with them, the link is in my signature.

Did this 3 months ago, and got nothing but the usual (and useless) replies that everyone gets.

lordico1969
06-15-2013, 02:11 PM
Wow. Just stop complaining and just replay it. You are not the only one on the planet who has had to deal with annoying bugs such as this. In Assassins creed brotherhood, one of the Leonardo machine missions was bugged so that I couldn't complete it, and I really wanted that 100% sync, so I just replayed the game. It was annoying at first but I was able to do it even better since I had more experience in the game.

You are not so special that ubisoft will fix a bug exlusive to YOUR game. Don't say that it is a "widespread problem" when virtually no one else has ever even brought it up.
Next time when you discover you know how to write, before you do it senselessly and not using your brain to much, READ as well ! IT HELPS! There are at least 5 similar threads only on Ubisoft forums and many people complaining about this or similar kind of glitches that prevents you from getting the Completionist trophy. I don't even know why I am talking to you, but I would really LOVE that "superior" minds like you would just shut up if nothing they say helps with the issue and just go read some comics or something... Jeez....

Wolfmeister1010
06-15-2013, 06:20 PM
Next time when you discover you know how to write, before you do it senselessly and not using your brain to much, READ as well ! IT HELPS! There are at least 5 similar threads only on Ubisoft forums and many people complaining about this or similar kind of glitches that prevents you from getting the Completionist trophy. I don't even know why I am talking to you, but I would really LOVE that "superior" minds like you would just shut up if nothing they say helps with the issue and just go read some comics or something... Jeez....

I have also dealt with bugs such as this. Everyone has. And you know what they do? They either just suck it up and not get that trophy, or they replay it. Lol I love how you said "similar kinds of glitches". Like i dont know that there are other glitches in the game. Everyone has had issues like this. You are one of the only people who complain about this SPECIFIC issue with your recruit. Maybe you could use your brain as well. I'm not saying that these glitches don't exist, I am saying that since you are one of the ONLY people who complain about this specific issue, and since ac4 is already having ubisofts full attention, it is extremely unlikely that it will be attended to. I have also sent many bug complaints to ubi that have not been attended to. So, I understand that I am not freaking Jesus and require it constant attention, and I suck it up. I never said I am "superior" to you. Quite wrong. I believe we are well equals on this forum. I believe you are acting childish on this issue and the fact that you are using petty insults helps to back my belief.

montagemik
06-15-2013, 06:34 PM
I have also dealt with bugs such as this. Everyone has. And you know what they do? They either just suck it up and not get that trophy, or they replay it. Lol I love how you said "similar kinds of glitches". Like i dont know that there are other glitches in the game. Everyone has had issues like this. You are one of the only people who complain about this SPECIFIC issue with your recruit. Maybe you could use your brain as well. I'm not saying that these glitches don't exist, I am saying that since you are one of the ONLY people who complain about this specific issue, and since ac4 is already having ubisofts full attention, it is extremely unlikely that it will be attended to. I have also sent many bug complaints to ubi that have not been attended to. So, I understand that I am not freaking Jesus and require it constant attention, and I suck it up. I never said I am "superior" to you. Quite wrong. I believe we are well equals on this forum. I believe you are acting childish on this issue and the fact that you are using petty insults helps to back my belief.

You're wasting your text wolfie , He just wants to complain rather than go for a solution himself .

As i suggested , After a month or two of being bothered by crap like this - I would've ditched the game , Or traded it in for another copy .
(2 copies with exactly the same glitch for the same guy is highly unlikely)
But he prefers to repeat his complaint & request/demand for a specific patch to an intermittent / rarely occuring / difficult to reproduce GLITCH .

Another option might be to contact Ubisoft within the game's warranty & ask for a replacement copy .

But endless months of repeating same complaint might seem more productive to him . So let him carry on.

lordico1969
06-15-2013, 07:16 PM
No - I Don't think you're just sitting in front of your computer 24-7 waiting for a fix - I think you're attempting nothing but waiting & waiting & waiting & waiting ....
Let me know when your method works .

3-6 months after launch very few things if any are patched in AC games. If i was really bothered after 6-7 months & having already deleted & re-installed all 'Game Data' & DLC, Then tried new gamesaves - i'd buy another copy (new or pre-owned) for about 15-20 . (Or play something else & live your life)

I bought 3 copies of AC-3 , 1 for me , 2 for relatives = Zero permanent gamebreaking glitches in Any copy.

I will say one last thing: i wish that when your car will malfunction one day, some wise guy will come up with your kind of advice, just buy another car and live your life, because the manufacturer is focusing already on the new models... Phewww.... And you wonder why corporations treat you this way...

lordico1969
06-15-2013, 07:20 PM
One last thing to say to you montagemik as well: are you even aware why these forums even exist?! I believe is for gamers to try help each other with knowledge, and when that is not the case, for the forum moderators to try to help you with a solution or maybe forward the problem to whoever can help. So I ask you and the other wise guys with the same attitude: how about you disregard what I have to say and troll someone else instead?

montagemik
06-15-2013, 07:24 PM
I will say one last thing: i wish that when your car will malfunction one day, some wise guy will come up with your kind of advice, just buy another car and live your life, because the manufacturer is focusing already on the new models... Phewww.... And you wonder why corporations treat you this way...

Mmmm Read post #31 - let me know if you've tried ALL suggestions mentioned yet . :rolleyes: (sending 'faulty glitched' game disc back for replacement especially in last 6 months)
Or keep whining for the next 6 months - your choice .

Corporations DON'T treat me that way - I pull my finger out & actively DO something other than complain on a forum.
Let me know next year how your method worked out .

& I Know why forums exist .
This BOARD is for Discussion , There's a Board for 'Hints & tips / solutions' & another for technical help.
Which BOARD are you posting in right now ??

(that's twice you mentioned 1 last thing :rolleyes: )