PDA

View Full Version : My anger management has blown!

pugnale-assass
02-02-2013, 05:53 PM
I love the games story but nots it development. They have made the game as if the controllers are refined. It like working with a boxing glove sometimes. The people that develop these games are no doubt clever, but obviously can only consider themselves and their abilities. I am disabled and have a lot of pain. Working a controller is is fine to a point but it can get very painful. I am trying to run after Lee and it must be the at least now fifty times) my patience is has gone. I threw a vase at the TV out of sheer frustration of not being able to have the control I want or any idea where to go. Connor stops and doesn't respond as the creators have decided he should. When I get to a particular point and lost my target I have to restart again and again and again and again and again. WHY!!!??? Why can't I restart in the burning ship? Do they really want to provoke anger and not want the people to enjoy the game. You have to react very fast, too fast for the controller and too fast for me. Conner jumps where he wants as you have to keep pressure onto the buttons and triggers etc. He jumps down instead of up and how come Lee can move faster than Conner? I can't assess any videos for a few days as to what to do as I have no further bandwidth left this month. The developers need to rethink how their games react on those who want to play but have difficulties. This particular part is extremely hard if you have disabilities that slow you down. Not asking to make it easy we disabled love to play, but don't make it that difficult. Allow it to be broken down into stages so that when we get to a point we don't have to restart and get angry and frustrated to the point of damaging. I think I am going to send the game back to Amazon as I find my anger is too high with this game. I use gaming as a way to stop my pain to to increase it through anger and frustration. I don't have issues with an other game I have and have played only this one

FrankieSatt
02-02-2013, 05:59 PM
Yeah, the Lee chase at the end is pretty F'd up. In my opinion it shows a lack of quality control because I can't see ANYONE trying that on the dev team and succeeding the first 10 times they do it. Someone there should have said, "This is way too difficult for a normal person and needs to be fixed.

Sushiglutton
02-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Have you downloaded any patches for the game? I think it was the first patch that changed the difficulty for this level, so make sure you have done that! When you get to the burning ship and have climbed the wall, you are supposed to run through the white circle in the pic below (some have had trouble to find this route). After that it should be fairly straightforward. You are very close to the end, so a shame to give up now :). Good Luck!

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/187xu47e4x8bsjpg/original.jpg

Kirokill
02-02-2013, 06:31 PM
I finished the mission before the thanksgiving patch patch from the first time with full sync. I had no trouble in it. Sorry if anyone had but I like this game because you have to react fast...

Gi1t
02-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Have you downloaded any patches for the game? I think it was the first patch that changed the difficulty for this level, so make sure you have done that! When you get to the burning ship and have climbed the wall, you are supposed to run through the white circle in the pic below (some have had trouble to find this route). After that it should be fairly straightforward. You are very close to the end, so a shame to give up now :). Good Luck!http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/187xu47e4x8bsjpg/original.jpgOkay, yeah, I'm seeing a problem right here. If I were in a hurry, I probably would NOT go that way. XD

pacmanate
02-02-2013, 09:56 PM
That mission sucked for me! Kept going down the ladder and jumping through fire. THAT SUCKED>

Sushiglutton
02-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Okay, yeah, I'm seeing a problem right here. If I were in a hurry, I probably would NOT go that way. XD

Lol the pic is not mine, I think it's from that raging Kotaku guy ;). I found it on google. But yeah it's kind of confusing for the player, especially since Lee is left of us at this moment and it looks like a wide enough gap to jump through on hte left.

pugnale-assass
02-03-2013, 09:25 AM
I have an Xbox. I thought the patches were automatic? If not where do I download and how do I do it on Xbox. This is most probably why I am getting all my problems as I haven't done the patches. I get Connor to do the sliding by pressing B then when he has to go round the posts he climbs the dam things. So thanks for the info. I looking forward to how to get the patches

Black_Widow9
02-03-2013, 09:36 AM
I have an Xbox. I thought the patches were automatic? If not where do I download and how do I do it on Xbox. This is most probably why I am getting all my problems as I haven't done the patches. I get Connor to do the sliding by pressing B then when he has to go round the posts he climbs the dam things. So thanks for the info. I looking forward to how to get the patches
If you are connected to Xbox Live and go to the play the game it should tell you it needs to Update. If not, you have already installed them. I believe this last chase was difficult for the vast majority including myself so please feel free to ask us any questions. ;) After beating it I haven't attempted 100% Synch because I didn't want to play it again for a while but I'm sure others have who could help you in detail.

Assassin_M
02-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Yeah, the Lee chase at the end is pretty F'd up. In my opinion it shows a lack of quality control because I can't see ANYONE trying that on the dev team and succeeding the first 10 times they do it. Someone there should have said, "This is way too difficult for a normal person and needs to be fixed.
You guys always make me feel special...

I did it 100% Sync the first time......Yay....I`m a bloody genius

Maybe I`ll make a pic by pic diagram to try and help you, OP

DTfunjumper
02-03-2013, 02:37 PM

Agreed! Finished the story content with 100% synch before the first patch came out :D

FrankieSatt
02-04-2013, 02:59 PM

Not everyone has "leet" controller skills. :rolleyes:

I did it without the patch as well, but I shouldn't have to take 30 minutes to do it. My problem was chasing Lee through the docks. Once I got in the ship I was so **** frustrated with the whole thing I just looked for a walk through on youtube and went through the ship using the walk through.

AjinkyaParuleka
02-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Nice thing I have a keyboard and a mouse *insert trollface*

ZerOtodona
02-05-2013, 09:45 PM
I hate to say it, but this is the first game were I threaten to slap a character out of frustration. Yes I know that is impossible, but threatening Connor maybe me feel slightly better. I have no idea why, but Connor just won't jump on that stupid redcoat no matter where I position him. (sequence 10 i think) He just freaking paws the air like a kitty cat. In my opinion the AI learns to piss off the user.

Lupercus50
02-06-2013, 04:21 PM
After failing so many times to catch lee because my character kept falling through the scaffold I aborted the memory and went to check out the ship, the part where I kept falling had spars sticking out and I did not fall a single time while practicing the run, so decided to give it another go, started the chase, fell again same spot! wtf, one of the spars was missing, in the end the only reason I caught up with Lee was a glitch, where the spar was missing I clumsely stumbled and glitched on the boards to climb up, and all that to find the fastest man on tne planet made it to the bar for a drink after being shot, that sequence will forever be the worst part of this game in my opinion, but then the developer is quite clear he likes to make life difficult when he said in an interview he would never include a difficulty setting, reckons it would spoil the game, but he seems to ignore people like the gentleman who started this thread, that's what makes difficulty settings important, it allows individuals with dissabilities a chance to enjoy these great games.

Cherubic_Legion
02-25-2013, 04:31 AM
Assassin_M i have seen your posts on other threads as well, please stfu you are embarrassing yourself.

Mr_Shade
02-25-2013, 02:29 PM
Assassin_M i have seen your posts on other threads as well, please stfu you are embarrassing yourself.lets drop the abuse please...

Not a very good start to your forum activities..

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 09:42 PM
Assassin_M i have seen your posts on other threads as well, please stfu you are embarrassing yourself.

Just logging in to speak to me ? Love You too

Bashilir
02-27-2013, 12:24 AM
http://www.helpguide.org/mental/anger_management_control_tips_techniques.htm

This should help you. I got on my 3rd try after I found out the guards DENY you and it's impossible to get him by running through. Use the boat and jump off the mast and you should be able to get to him.