PDA

View Full Version : DLC hint for 2/5

LvlNinety9
01-31-2013, 07:52 PM
Ready for your first 2/5 DLC hint? This band named themselves after a nuclear superhero's sidekick from an animated series.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/7053/dlchint.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/dlchint.jpg/)

Fallout Boy - Dance Dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6MOKXm8x50

Glasspax4
01-31-2013, 07:56 PM
Fallout boy, lol.

LvlNinety9
01-31-2013, 08:02 PM
They have some fun things to play. But they aren't exactly a big name.

rcole_sooner
01-31-2013, 08:06 PM
Never heard of...

Of course, I could say that about a lot of bands the RS introduced me too, that I really like now.

Sam_Teh_Great
01-31-2013, 08:07 PM
And thus the streak of good dlc is over.

LvlNinety9
01-31-2013, 08:10 PM
It had to end some time.

rcole_sooner
01-31-2013, 08:11 PM
Someone is going to like it.

We'll have to give extra points for anyone who does the dance moves in their video. :p

ghmorello
01-31-2013, 08:12 PM
Ok, why do people hate Fall Out Boy?

LvlNinety9
01-31-2013, 08:14 PM

I dont think its that people dont like them I think its more that people probably never heard of them. I know i never knew about them until Rockband.

Brick235
01-31-2013, 08:16 PM
Lol, I don't hate them. Not my fave song by them though. "Suger, We're Going Down" would be better. My guess is we're gonna see an Incubus song in this pack. :rolleyes:

ghmorello
01-31-2013, 08:22 PM
Wait, so it's three different artists?

rcole_sooner
01-31-2013, 08:23 PM

Don't hate 'em. Never heard of 'em. That is all.

Sounds like something out the Fall Out 3 game.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110712154422/fallout/images/7/76/Pip-Boy_3000.jpg

pidnpodn
01-31-2013, 08:23 PM
Just a guess here, but they're probably not hitting the sweet spot of their target market with this one. I wonder...are there some bands that come to RS, unsolicited? I hope this is the case with Fall Out Boy. I read they're looking to make a comeback, so it makes sense. I will definitely pass. I predict Ashley Simpson DLC for tomorrow.

bubka122
01-31-2013, 08:24 PM
Unfortunately I think it's going to be a 3-pack with them.
Well what do I know, might be fun

shihdo
01-31-2013, 08:28 PM
if its a pack I think I would only want one track of theirs, but I aint gonna make a scene ;)

toymachinesh
01-31-2013, 08:48 PM
Looking forward to playing their songs on bass :)

Also they aren't a band anymore.

CrazedRacer
01-31-2013, 08:50 PM
Lol, I don't hate them. Not my fave song by them though. "Suger, We're Going Down" would be better. My guess is we're gonna see an Incubus song in this pack. :rolleyes:

Hmmm... This.

I always liked Fall Out Boy. Cool guitar stuff and GREAT bass lines for their songs, because Pete is pretty darn good on the bass. Honestly, I'd take a 3 pack with this, "Sugar, We're Going Down" and "This Ain't A Scene (It's A Godda*n Arms Race)"

xXNoScOp3zXx
01-31-2013, 08:51 PM
would love to see anouther 12 0r 15 song pack makes it feel abit more worth it!!! hope after the end of feb they have some sort of plan to bring more than 3 songs out a week would be awesome! i wont rocksmith to skint me of ms points everyweek!

cws78
01-31-2013, 09:00 PM
Don't hate 'em. Never heard of 'em. That is all.

Sounds like something out the Fall Out 3 game.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110712154422/fallout/images/7/76/Pip-Boy_3000.jpg

AHHH The PipBoy 3000. Makes me want to play this game again!:cool:

guitarman529
01-31-2013, 09:03 PM
The only song I would get from them is Thnks fr th Mmrs other than that I will wait till the next DLC. I like some of there songs but not enough to learn them on guitar. To me I think playing drums for their songs is alot more fun. Bass could be fun for them. I know in RB3 the bass was alot of fun. Guitar seems kind of boring from them.

Ezios_Axe
01-31-2013, 09:09 PM
Why do we hate Fall Out Boy? http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-celebrities-who-get-way-more-hate-than-they-deserve/ NSFW but funny. Cracked goes after FOB on a regular basis.

toymachinesh
01-31-2013, 09:39 PM
The only song I would get from them is Thnks for the Memories other than I will wait till the next DLC. I like some of there songs but not enough to learn them on guitar. To me I think playing drums for their songs is alot more fun. Bass could be fun for them. I know in RB3 the bass was alot of fun. Guitar seems kind of boring from them.

Don't you mean...

Thnks fr th Mmrs

guitarman529
01-31-2013, 09:51 PM
Don't you mean...

Thnks fr th Mmrs

yes thanks I will correct it.

Dualbird123
01-31-2013, 10:11 PM
I personally like this band.
If this is a pack I'll be getting it if I like the other songs.

rcole_sooner
01-31-2013, 10:14 PM
If this is a pack I'll be getting it if I like the other songs.

That is always my motto. ;)

LvlNinety9
01-31-2013, 10:27 PM
As much as I would like to say that I've been selective about which DLC I have purchased. I have gotten them all. So regardless I will be picking up all the songs for next week also. Ubi has taken a lot of my money lately.

bubka122
01-31-2013, 10:29 PM
Anyone know if it is a bandpack or not, are there really three good enough songs by Fall Out Boy to make a whole pack?

LvlNinety9
01-31-2013, 10:33 PM
I think there is enough to make a pack of FOB, but I don't think anyone knows if it's going to be a pack or not. Will know more tomorrow when the next hint is released.

Phalaris99504
02-01-2013, 12:27 AM
Ready for your first 2/5 DLC hint? This band named themselves after a nuclear superhero's sidekick from an animated series.

The Animated Series mentioned = The Simpsons. (Bart, Lisa, Homer, Merge, etc...)

According to the Simpsons Wiki = Rod was an average bookworm, until one day he met billionaire playboy Claude Kane (Radioactive Man) at a radioactivity convention. A tall piece of machinery fell towards them. Claude grabbed Rod and jumped over the rail, Claude holding onto the machine. The machine came to life, and as the ray passed through Claude, it hit Rod. Rod received a pint-sized version of Radioactive Man's powers, and became Fallout Boy.

Phalaris.

cws78
02-01-2013, 12:37 AM
As much as I would like to say that I've been selective about which DLC I have purchased. I have gotten them all. So regardless I will be picking up all the songs for next week also. Ubi has taken a lot of my money lately.

LOL Same Here:cool: Its always good to learn to play all types of music IMO, you never know what you will pick up

Nyarlah
02-01-2013, 12:54 AM
I didn't know this song but it's got energy and the riffs seem to have some variety. That should be fun and entertaining ! As far as I'm concerned, it should even be more entertaining to play than the Foo's pack.

Landozelig
02-01-2013, 01:31 AM

I've done the same thing. Sometimes I'll wait a week on certain DLC that I'm not crazy for, but then I end up getting it anyway and am glad I did. There's not a single song I've regretted getting. I pick up a little something from every song.

Gold_Jim
02-01-2013, 02:45 AM
Love their rendition of Michael Jackson's "Beat It"

TaaDow187
02-01-2013, 03:08 AM
Dance, Dance isn't my favourite song. I'd rather jam to Sugar, We're Going Down.

Oh well, one less song to get. There is going to be more!

Dualbird123
02-01-2013, 04:21 AM
Dance, Dance isn't my favourite song. I'd rather jam to Sugar, We're Going Down.

I would be really surprised if Sugar, We're Going Down doesn't make it into this pack (if it is a pack that is) since it's one of their biggest hits.
We'll just have to wait and see.

the_big_wig97
02-01-2013, 04:57 AM
Hey my guitar is there :D lol Epiphone G-400 Custom. I remember this song on GH WoR. I don't mind it so I might get it.

SeattleSauve
02-01-2013, 04:59 AM
I think I'd rather play this song on drums... Will wait to see the chart.

tagsemb
02-01-2013, 09:52 AM
I'm picking up all DLC's no matter what, but some of them haven't really gotten much play. The Nickleback pack being one, not because I hate them (which I don't, even though everyone else seems to for some reason), but because the arrangements were kind of monotonous and boring.

Being "forced" to play songs I've never heard, and wouldn't have bothered with otherwise, is actually one of the main reasons I've really loved my Rocksmith journey so far. I think my skill level has been raised more by learning new types of techniques, progressions and runs that I normally wouldn't have bothered with :)

Neregus
02-01-2013, 10:03 AM
if its a pack I think I would only want one track of theirs, but I aint gonna make a scene ;)

I'd definently sing along until my lungs give out, thats for sure
and editing - depending on the other songs this could be an awesome pack

Shinnentai
02-01-2013, 11:06 AM
I'm liking it. If people haven't heard of Fallout Boy I think that says more about the kind of music they listen to since they were a pretty big band in the 2000s and their singles received some pretty heavy radio play. No they're not classic rock, but so far I think that RS is keeping a pretty good balance between this and newer bands like Fallout Boy.

Wyldfyst
02-01-2013, 12:05 PM
I do like Sugar better than Dance, Dance - but I am going to get this song, and the others - if it is a band pack. I am just starting out, never played a guitar in my life before RS, and am really enjoying my time so far. At least I am getting something out of it, unlike playing WoW or any of the other games I've wasted countless hours on. My 2 year old son likes to dance while I am playing, and he strums the strings for me at the start of each song for guitar tuning - who could ask for more?

shihdo
02-01-2013, 12:43 PM
I do like Sugar better than Dance, Dance - but I am going to get this song, and the others - if it is a band pack. I am just starting out, never played a guitar in my life before RS, and am really enjoying my time so far. At least I am getting something out of it, unlike playing WoW or any of the other games I've wasted countless hours on. My 2 year old son likes to dance while I am playing, and he strums the strings for me at the start of each song for guitar tuning - who could ask for more?

carefull you let him strum today next thing you come in from a day out and he's levelled all your songs and brought in a groupie, kids learn way to quick bud! lol
Welcome to rocksmith and the forums mate

Brick235
02-01-2013, 02:08 PM
IBeing "forced" to play songs I've never heard, and wouldn't have bothered with otherwise, is actually one of the main reasons I've really loved my Rocksmith journey so far. I think my skill level has been raised more by learning new types of techniques, progressions and runs that I normally wouldn't have bothered with :)

I agree. I'd rather be well rounded than close minded. To me, RS is not about listening to the music, it's about learning different things on guitar. So far we have blues, metal, grunge, indie, etc. It's all good stuff to test out.

toymachinesh
02-01-2013, 03:28 PM
are there really three good enough songs by Fall Out Boy to make a whole pack?

Yes

http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/best-fall-out-boy-songs.asp

#9 is one of my favourites

dallasdave22
02-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Sorry, but nickelback, foo fighters, FOB.....I group them all together. What's next, REM? lol.

I'm glad I picked up all 3 classic songs for this week.

RS really needs to get some 80's hair bands in the game...one Twisted Sister song ain't enough for me.

QuantumNiTE
02-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Would probably quite enjoy trying some REM actually (even though metal is more my thing for listening to). I think I have a tab of one of their songs in a guitar magazine in the loft somewhere actually...

Ryder35
02-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Sorry, but nickelback, foo fighters, FOB.....I group them all together. What's next, REM? lol.

RS really needs to get some 80's hair bands in the game...one Twisted Sister song ain't enough for me.

In other words: Stop releasing the songs I personally don't like (but plenty of other people do) lol

Glad I bought some songs I like

RS really needs to just look at my itunes account and license it all now!

And for the record I love REM and Foo Fighters, and classic rock so I am happy. Might even get some FOB next week

cws78
02-01-2013, 05:20 PM

I remember when my 9 year old son was 2 and would do the same with my guitar!! HE would beat the cR@p out of the strings lol!! And now that Rocksmith is out no interest in it what so ever:confused: Instead he gets online and kicks my butt and all my friend's butts at COD BOP's II. Oh well at least he wanted nothing but ac/dc and some other classic rock to jam out to while kickin said butt :cool:
I LOVE MY LITTLE GUY!!:)

cws78
02-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Yes

http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/best-fall-out-boy-songs.asp

#9 is one of my favourites

I can Agree 100% on that one Toy. Funny Video too..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVbPvf2aYH4

dallasdave22
02-01-2013, 05:50 PM
In other words: Stop releasing the songs I personally don't like (but plenty of other people do) lol

Glad I bought some songs I like

RS really needs to just look at my itunes account and license it all now!

And for the record I love REM and Foo Fighters, and classic rock so I am happy. Might even get some FOB next week

No, I am saying, continue to put out different styles of music. I think that's great. But I'm also saying there's a huge genre they are missing - 80's metal.

Wyldfyst
02-01-2013, 07:04 PM
carefull you let him strum today next thing you come in from a day out and he's levelled all your songs and brought in a groupie, kids learn way to quick bud! lol
Welcome to rocksmith and the forums mate

I am hoping one day he will teach me how to actually play! :) Thanks for the welcome, too.

Wyldfyst
02-01-2013, 07:08 PM
I remember when my 9 year old son was 2 and would do the same with my guitar!! HE would beat the cR@p out of the strings lol!! And now that Rocksmith is out no interest in it what so ever:confused: Instead he gets online and kicks my butt and all my friend's butts at COD BOP's II. Oh well at least he wanted nothing but ac/dc and some other classic rock to jam out to while kickin said butt :cool:
I LOVE MY LITTLE GUY!!:)

I never really thought I was "dad" material, but it turns out, it was the best thing I ever did. My little guy is getting a lot better, he doesn't wrap his finger around the strings and pull them as far as possilbe to strum them anymore (or, I should say, he doesn't do that each and everytime anymore...)

It is the greatest thing watching him dance when I play, though. I look forward to him kicking my can at games, sports, math...lol.

thoman23
02-01-2013, 07:37 PM

Please don't group REM with Nickelback...it feels wrong just typing those names together in this sentence.

ghmorello
02-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Suger We're Going Down is today's song hint. It will be a FOB pack. U Mad metalheads?

pidnpodn
02-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Not mad. Just disappointed. Oh, and I don't care for metal much, either.
I will have to catch up on some old DLC next week.

REM gets a bad rap for Everybody Hurts, but they have a ton of great guitar music. Peter Buck is wildly underrated.

Dualbird123
02-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Yeah Sugar We're Going Down is a good song.
I'm happy about it being in the game.
It's actually the first song I learned when I first started playing the guitar a couple years back.

Also Fall Out Boy has some really weird music videos.

toymachinesh
02-01-2013, 08:54 PM

That is the weirdest grouping I've ever seen

thoman23
02-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Not mad. Just disappointed. Oh, and I don't care for metal much, either.
I will have to catch up on some old DLC next week.

REM gets a bad rap for Everybody Hurts, but they have a ton of great guitar music. Peter Buck is wildly underrated.

What's wrong with Everybody Hurts? If you're going to give REM a bad rap for anything (which you shouldn't), wouldn't it be Stand and Shiny Happy People?

thoman23
02-01-2013, 09:14 PM
That is the weirdest grouping I've ever seen

Perfectly natural grouping. Those are all bands that have never been in Dallas Dave's kitchen.

FightingPhantom
02-02-2013, 11:20 AM

It's not that we hate Fallout Boy,

it's that there are SOOOO many better bands that should be in here.

Oh well, at least they will make good party songs.... Which brings up the point, can Rocksmith be a party game?

shihdo
02-02-2013, 11:57 AM
of course it can, its the perfect way to show all your friends how much more awesome and cooler you are than them for a couple of hours then you stick rockband on for half an hour and sit smugly telling them how your way over the plastic fantastic games now that your a real musician, then you can get some more cooler friends cos the old ones dont want to party anymore??

ghmorello
02-02-2013, 10:53 PM
It's not that we hate Fallout Boy,

it's that there are SOOOO many better bands that should be in here.

Oh well, at least they will make good party songs.... Which brings up the point, can Rocksmith be a party game?

I doubt Rocksmith can be a party game.

shihdo
02-04-2013, 04:27 PM
dlc interest seems pretty sparse for this one

Pinnerz
02-04-2013, 06:47 PM
"ALRIGHT LADIES!!! BREAK IT UP!!! WHAT YOU LOOKING AT POWDER PUFF!?" I Love that bit! hahahaha :D

toymachinesh
02-04-2013, 07:05 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/559998_10151240372250780_1709880251_n.jpg

thoman23
02-04-2013, 09:23 PM
http://static.ow.ly/photos/normal/1tcpF.jpg

Here's the 3rd song...can anyone identify it?

Alfred Prufrock
02-04-2013, 09:27 PM
The only thing I know about Fall Out Boy is that teenage girls really liked them about 8 years ago.

ghmorello
02-04-2013, 09:27 PM
I Don't Care?

thoman23
02-04-2013, 09:37 PM
I Don't Care?

Well you don't have to be rude about it. :p

No...seriously, I think you're right. Looks like I Don't Care.

toymachinesh
02-04-2013, 10:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAs0Q96OVu4

Dualbird123
02-04-2013, 10:14 PM
I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the last song.
Not a big fan of their newer stuff.

I'll probably still get the pack though.

ghmorello
02-05-2013, 02:10 AM
Five songs!!!!

armoury_R1
02-05-2013, 02:23 AM
dlc interest seems pretty sparse for this one

Some of us old fogeys have quite literally never heard of FOB before... and I'm not literally that old (40+). But seriously, until this DLC hint came up, I literally had never heard of FOB.

thoman23
02-05-2013, 02:43 AM
Five songs!!!!

Nice! Although still no "This Ain't A Scene" :(

From The Hero Feed:
Fall Out Boy “Dance, Dance” - Combo / Combo 2
Fall Out Boy “Sugar We’re Going Down” - Combo / Combo 2
Fall Out Boy “I Don’t Care” - Combo / Combo 2
Fall Out Boy “America’s Suitehearts” – Combo / Combo 2
Fall Out Boy “Thnks Fr Mmrs”- Combo / Combo 2

ghmorello
02-05-2013, 03:12 AM