PDA

View Full Version : Why ain't DLC FREE Despite Having Season Pass?

ClownPrinceUK
01-29-2013, 08:06 PM
Why do I have to pay for Benedict Arnold Pack on PS3 when I have the season pass?

im3jia
01-29-2013, 08:07 PM
Benedict Arnold Pack is not included in the Season Pass.

pacmanate
01-29-2013, 08:23 PM
Lool

sticks165
01-29-2013, 08:43 PM
that DLC is supposed to be free

pacmanate
01-29-2013, 08:45 PM
^That is true. Benedict Arnold was exclusive to PS3, ALL editions. It came with a leaflet inside with a code.

ZerOtodona
01-29-2013, 09:16 PM
Pfff, the only thing free was the thing for multi player and you still have to pay for the champion's pack with them.

ClownPrinceUK
01-29-2013, 10:42 PM
Hmm, I never received a code for that. The only code I got was to allow me to play online.

MarleyMon81
01-30-2013, 12:29 AM
Hmm, I never received a code for that. The only code I got was to allow me to play online.

The Arnold DLC was PS3 only. Those of us playing ACIII on XB do not get it. Would have been cool to run through, but I heard it's nothing special from other PS3ers.

pacmanate
01-30-2013, 09:30 AM
The Arnold DLC was PS3 only. Those of us playing ACIII on XB do not get it. Would have been cool to run through, but I heard it's nothing special from other PS3ers.

Its crap.

Aphex_Tim
01-30-2013, 09:49 AM
The assassination missions at the beginning are kinda fun but that's about it. You can finish it in about 20 to 30 minutes. Definitely not the 60 minutes it was advertised with.

[Minor spoilers ahead)

Also, i think it's really weird that you can already start this mission before the battle of Monmouth.
I made the mistake in my first playthrough to start the mission before playing that part and Connor was suddenly all angry at Washington saying things like: "How dare you call on me after Monmouth?" and "...but never call on me again."
I was really confused then to why we were suddenly so pissed off at Washington.

ClownPrinceUK
01-30-2013, 12:26 PM

I have the game on PS3.

montagemik
01-30-2013, 12:33 PM

If you purchased a Brand new copy of AC-3 for PS3 - Then it should have the code for Benedict Aarnold in the box . If not - return it to the store for an exchange without arguement or excuse from the store.

It's Free with every new copy - But can be purchased separately for people who buy pre-owned copies .

It isn't included in the Season pass.

MarleyMon81
01-30-2013, 01:51 PM
I have the game on PS3.

Just assumed you were talking XB since you had the XB logo next to your name.

sticks165
01-30-2013, 10:00 PM
If you purchased a Brand new copy of AC-3 for PS3 - Then it should have the code for Benedict Aarnold in the box . If not - return it to the store for an exchange without arguement or excuse from the store.

It's Free with every new copy - But can be purchased separately for people who buy pre-owned copies .

It isn't included in the Season pass.

it should still be free in the playstation store.

ToughGuy31
01-31-2013, 03:03 AM

The very first mission is literally a cutscene. I didn't even go through the entire thing because I was like "forget this, I spent 8 hours playing as Haythem, then getting the Assassin outfit, why should I spend 3 minutes watching a cutscene." After that, I skipped every cutscene that didn't interest me. (40 % of the game)

montagemik
01-31-2013, 08:51 AM
it should still be free in the playstation store.

REALLY ?? LOL You seem a little confused as to how & why it's included free in the first place ?? :rolleyes: WHY would it be FREE for Everyone in the PS Store ??

If you activate it with a Genuine code from a brand new Copy - It displays in PS Store as Purchased = So you can download it as many times as you like for Free .

Otherwise it's 3.99 for players who don't have the DLC code .

You don't get the Benedict Arnold missions For Free just because you have a PS3 edition - It's included FREE with Brand new copies only NOT FOR 2nd hand pre-owned copies.
It prevents people renting it or borrowing it for a week & getting 100% completion. (Obvious reason i would've thought)

montagemik
01-31-2013, 08:53 AM
The very first mission is literally a cutscene. I didn't even go through the entire thing because I was like "forget this, I spent 8 hours playing as Haythem, then getting the Assassin outfit, why should I spend 3 minutes watching a cutscene." After that, I skipped every cutscene that didn't interest me. (40 % of the game)

& the hard parts ?? 100% sync ?

ToughGuy31
02-01-2013, 04:32 AM
& the hard parts ?? 100% sync ?

Still trying to get that, but I've been seduced by the Ico collection. :D

Mr_Shade
02-01-2013, 03:07 PM
You don't get the Benedict Arnold missions For Free just because you have a PS3 edition - It's included FREE with Brand new copies only NOT FOR 2nd hand pre-owned copies.
It prevents people renting it or borrowing it for a week & getting 100% completion. (Obvious reason i would've thought)

And just to add...

It's only free in specially marked packs - was a limited run - so not all new copies may come with it - look for the sticker on the cover ;)

itsamea-mario
02-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Because ubisoft hate you and think you're not worthy of your money.

Also you're really not missing much by not having the Benedict Arnold pack.

ClownPrinceUK
02-06-2013, 09:54 AM
Just assumed you were talking XB since you had the XB logo next to your name.

I have both consoles but this game is on PS3. I did try to change the forum id to show the PSN logo but the site said no.

Also I didn't purchase the game it was sent to be via Ubisoft UK PR, but as the DLC isn't really helpful to the game it doesn't matter now.