PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Card Debate - 29/01/2012 - Crystal of Power

Aza404
01-29-2013, 05:02 PM
Dear Champions,

In this week's Tuesday Card Debate we wanted to gather your feedback on an interesting Neutral fortune card: the Crystal of Power fortune card!

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/fr/games/mmdoc/CrystalEN.png

As always, tell us if you use it, how and when? Did this card ever save you from certain defeat? Did you suffer from your opponent using this at the right time?
Tell us what you think of it and what you would change !

Enjoy,
Aza and the DoC Team

zenithale
01-29-2013, 05:09 PM
I don't like that because you must play Magic+Fortune, and it cost a lot of Ressources (1 Spell or more + 3 (Crystal)). This card is too expensive and thus unplayable except in boring stall/OTK Decks.

Suggestion : Cost 2 instead of 3, and need Might 1 + Magic 2 + Destiny 2 instead of Destiny 3.

Pjovejas
01-29-2013, 05:22 PM
I think it is tyical combo card. Of course, there are not many combo using it now, but who knows in the future if there appears more direct damage cards...

efikus
01-29-2013, 09:54 PM
Give me spell for example:

Fire Magic:
2 Magic explosion
2 magic
Deal 2 damage to enemy player.

And with this imaginary card, Power Crystal becomes very strong. :). Looking for new expansion.

WalkingHawking
01-29-2013, 10:50 PM
It requires too much destiny to be played, but hey, seeker heroes must have some pros and not only cons.

Give me spell for example:

Fire Magic:
2 Magic explosion
2 magic
Deal 2 damage to enemy player.

And with this imaginary card, Power Crystal becomes very strong. :). Looking for new expansion.

Or this one:
Kill everything.
So you can kill everything, twice!

psychobabble.
01-30-2013, 01:00 AM
I think it's a fine board control spell for control decks. it gives Kat a way of actually clearing the board without being able to cast armageddon and has some utility for other spell control/combo heroes. If this game ever gets some burn that goes to the face, this will quickly become amazing.

Uraxor
01-30-2013, 01:50 AM
I think it's a fine board control spell for control decks. it gives Kat a way of actually clearing the board without being able to cast armageddon and has some utility for other spell control/combo heroes. If this game ever gets some burn that goes to the face, this will quickly become amazing.

This.

It could be worth considering, if you want to increase a number of cross-stat requirement cards, this could be something like 4 Magic, 2 Fortune. It would also prevent the burn-to-face cards in hypothetical expansion (presumably fast inferno ones) to get out of hand. :)

Harmbringer
01-30-2013, 10:05 AM

This wonŽt work out, youŽll end up with either a spell or the crystal and in some happy time both. And for this cases you will consider it as good. But you wonŽt be in the situation the clear the board if you wouldnŽt even play it.

This card is bad for all but heavy spell OTK decks. And even than there are better cards to use.

Also i donŽt like double effects too much, a better card would give +1 to all magic damage (also creatures) for 2 Fortune at cost of two.
This way it would turn a geysir into a fireball (And 4 damage is the magic number you know) for 2 cards and 5 costs, but also would increase the damage of your magic creatures for this turn.

Zyxess
01-30-2013, 11:09 AM
You'd much rather just have a second copy of whatever spell you want to cast most of the time. That spell is probably Insect Swarm.

I'm not even convinced it'd be good at 2/2 just off the top of my head.

MoritzBradtke
01-30-2013, 03:35 PM
I think it could need a buff. Already tried it in cassandra deck but usually it wasnt very helpfull due to its high cost.
Like above poster already mentioned make it 2-2 at last, dont forget its a rare card, it should be more powerful in my opinion.

Thanisse
01-31-2013, 08:46 AM
I like the card . I used to use it before I had ariaa and played serya , going to town with this and gayser or other water spells .
but it really shines with earthquake and insect swarm , making a miniarmagedon out of them .

what I would like to see done with this card is either make it ongoing (and cost 3 magic /3 fortune ) or make it cost 2 magic /2 fortune .
it would go a long long way to making it playable by spell heroes , since you're usually going to 1 fortune for some utility fortunes .

zenithale
02-02-2013, 08:05 PM
Got in my face Crystal + Word of light twice during the same battle...
Noooooooooooo where is my field advantage? :eek:
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/zenithale/Duel of Champions/Crystal_WordOfLight_zps2800ec0a.png
But I won anyway ;).

WalkingHawking
02-02-2013, 08:31 PM
I like the card . I used to use it before I had ariaa and played serya , going to town with this and gayser or other water spells .
but it really shines with earthquake and insect swarm , making a miniarmagedon out of them .

what I would like to see done with this card is either make it ongoing (and cost 3 magic /3 fortune ) or make it cost 2 magic /2 fortune .
it would go a long long way to making it playable by spell heroes , since you're usually going to 1 fortune for some utility fortunes .

Ongoing? Are you kidding me? Don't you want an "I win" button exclusively for you bro? :P