PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Headset choice

gothkrieger
01-28-2013, 02:32 AM
My Steelseries gaming headset/mic is dying. No sound in the left side. Never buy one ofthese again, the little plug in for your connection to the computer is of poor quality. Had problems with it soon afterI got it, now this latest issue.
Shopping for a new one, so many bad reviews on so many products but I think I have settled on getting a Sennheiser PC 350.
Any recommendations on this one or some other. Don’ t want USB connection situations, I have only one left on my puter and want to keep that free for other occasional use. Earpieces must rest on the head not the ear. Does not have to be wireless, that is not an issue. Uni-directional Mic, I don’t want to hear what is going on across the room etc.

TgD Thunderbolt56
01-28-2013, 03:53 PM
I have 2 pair of the pc 350's and swear by them. I prefer the hardwired connection, but have used a pair of Astro Gaming wireless for other stuff including some gaming on the PS3. If you like the Sennheisser's get them.

Worf101
01-30-2013, 04:31 AM
Why not a powered USB hub? Plenty of room and it's own power source. I've a set of Plantronics that have lasted me almot 10 years.

Worf

gothkrieger
01-30-2013, 06:04 AM
Glad to hear that they are a good set and a good choice, I am trying to pick one up.
I may have to consider a USB hub I guess.
Thanks, Guys

Bearcat99
02-02-2013, 03:11 AM
Glad to hear that they are a good set and a good choice, I am trying to pick one up.
I may have to consider a USB hub I guess.
Thanks, Guys

Powered USB sound hub (http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=external+usb+sound+card&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=4296748439&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=19170205261058075898&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&ref=pd_sl_1iu7ljl5y7_e)

Especially if all you really want to use it for is comms. You cannot beat these. Windows sees it as a sound source and so does TS.. I use something sililar to this witha $20 pair of headphones I got from Microcenter. I run the sim sound through my speakers and comms through the headset.