PDA

View Full Version : Good bye GRFS!

rm1322
01-26-2013, 12:15 AM
So I played for maybe 1 month and could not get past level 35(glitch).
Tried months later and it was fixed,but could not find any siege/takeover rooms.
Still I played......then I just stopped.

I enjoy playing with my friends(MW3)
We would play split screen online MP.

If GRFS had Split screen MP,I would play more.I know that for this game 2 players(on same console) would kill the tactical part of it ;)
Plus all the countless people bashing me because I don't want to buy a MIC.
Some even said they would not add/play me because I have no MIC.

Bought BLOPS 2 and waiting for it to arrive.

NOTE:If I delete the game data of GRFS,will it delete the DLC?
I see no option on PS3 to delete the DLC?
Any Ideas?

theonlytime
01-26-2013, 06:25 AM
Yes when you delete both GRFS game data files; one being the disk data file, and the other profile data, all DLCs installed should be no more in the PS3's HDD. But since you purchased the DLC (whichever) for GRFS, you can download whenever you want but it's useless when you're moving on to another game.

GR90
01-26-2013, 10:11 AM
If GRFS had Split screen MP,I would play more.I know that for this game 2 players(on same console) would kill the tactical part of it ;)
Plus all the countless people bashing me because I don't want to buy a MIC.
Some even said they would not add/play me because I have no MIC.

That's madness GRFS is the one shooter you can play with No Mic and still be as effective as a team with them.

SUGATA_RUS
01-27-2013, 10:52 AM
Good buy rm1322, GRFS is nothing similar CoD clones - and this make it AWESOME game!

meathead_79
01-28-2013, 04:41 PM
That's madness GRFS is the one shooter you can play with No Mic and still be as effective as a team with them.

I will NEVER add a person without a mic as a friend. I have roughly 30 fiends that have mics and play GRFS so I never have a shortage of people to play with. It's not always about communicating the best route to an objective, its about watching your back. If a person without a mic is watching my back, and he gets killed, or moves, and leaves me exposed to a hack, then I can get pissed. I feel that micless players are selfish, and therefore I have no use for them. Enjoy playing with randoms.

TreFacTor
01-28-2013, 04:46 PM
I will NEVER add a person without a mic as a friend. I have roughly 30 fiends that have mics and play GRFS so I never have a shortage of people to play with. It's not always about communicating the best route to an objective, its about watching your back. If a person without a mic is watching my back, and he gets killed, or moves, and leaves me exposed to a hack, then I can get pissed. I feel that micless players are selfish, and therefore I have no use for them. Enjoy playing with randoms.
I've got a mic and still can't communicate with people. You see, the only time I can seem to find players on the 360 is around 10pm est...those people are usually in a different country. Problem is, since I can only find a game this late, the wife is usually sleep by this time, and my gaming rig is in my bedroom so can't wake the wife....so no talking. I understand you may dislike people that don't have mics, but to call them useless is harsh, some of us jut play the game whenever we can by any means we can. The community is so depleted now anyways you'd figure people would take the players anyway they could get em micd or not. To each his own.

JustHatched
01-28-2013, 06:17 PM
I have seen some without mics that are very good players, I myself don't party up with micless playes unless they are a friend already and their mic is on the charger. I myself occasionally play micless if I have alot of noise going on in the house at the time as to not distract anyone playing with me.

@Tre.....ever consider moving ur console?

PublicVermin
01-28-2013, 06:24 PM
Having a mic adds to improved team work and communication. Spend 20 to 40 bucks on an USB Headset

or $10 to $15 on a cheapo blue tooth like i did.

TreFacTor
01-28-2013, 06:37 PM
I have seen some without mics that are very good players, I myself don't party up with micless playes unless they are a friend already and their mic is on the charger. I myself occasionally play micless if I have alot of noise going on in the house at the time as to not distract anyone playing with me.

@Tre.....ever consider moving ur console?
The wife and I game together...why would I move my console? She has here tv and console and I have mine. I'm not the problem.... The problem lies in the amount of people playing the game at particular hours. I can play (other games) with a headset for hours not bothering my wife while she watches or plays whatever she likes, the issue is I can never find a match or GRFS during the hours that she's awake. It's pretty much always been that way for me with Ghost Recon in general. Even when I was in clans with the legacy games, we gamed at weird times due to differences in time zones. I just wanted to point out that people are saying good bye, complaining about lack of players and such, you'd think that with the exile from this game that people would welcome any type of player micd or not.

lll zeke lll
01-28-2013, 07:35 PM
... GRFS is the one shooter you can play with No Mic and still be as effective as a team with them.

I can agree with this to a certain extent. Effective - yes, I can make a dream team of the top 6 players on my friends list and tell them to play without mics and I'm certain they can still stomp a party full of randoms & noobs. But assuming that both teams are equally skilled and knows how to play then I will always bet on the team that communicate effectively over the ones that don't. I feel they have will the edge in situational awareness and coordination.

Being able to communicate relevant info to your teammates is like any other skill, though. Some have a natural talent for it while others have an acute case of verbarrahea where they are constantly spewing doo-doo out their mouths.

PublicVermin
01-29-2013, 02:20 AM
Being able to communicate relevant info to your teammates is like any other skill, though. Some have a natural talent for it while others have an acute case of verbarrahea where they are constantly spewing doo-doo out their mouths.

..... How the hell can he hear me all the way over on 360? lol

lll zeke lll
01-29-2013, 08:38 PM
HA!

There have been a few times when I thought I would just stop playing. At first I thought I would be playing FS for a few months until Resident Evil 6 came out but I had to return it and use the $ to get a new phone. The less than stellar reviews have turned me off to buying and its been downgraded to a rental. Then of course I was expecting Rainbow 6 Patriots to come out...

Anyway, there have been many times where I have been really frustrated by random glitches & connection issues. I end up taking a few days off of MP and replay the campaign or just spend countless hours in the firing range. I always find my way back to multiplayer where I have plenty of friends that still play. I may be one of the rare few that actually like the game as it is, or rather I can cope with it's issues, and don't feel I've wasted money on it or any of the DLC.

It sucks that more people haven't had a more enjoyable experience with this game.