PDA

View Full Version : The Kick.

crash3
01-25-2013, 09:14 PM
I know this thread probably belongs in the general feedback thread however I felt that it was important enough to single out as an individual topic.

The kick move in AC3 is one of the worst moves I have seen in the series. It is incredibly over-powered, I don't understand how the guards can be killed by being kicked once. The move is very unrealistic, you can send a man flying by kicking him as if he were a rag-doll. It is an annoying move as it can be used on any enemy archetype regardless of their skills and toughness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quYnxv0oJ50

This gameplay video shows several examples of what I am talking about.

I think the kick move needs toning down quite a lot, it should just be used for knocking an opponent off guard, not unrealistically sending him flying like he's made out of paper.

What do you think?

Assassin_M
01-25-2013, 09:17 PM
The kick is just a reaction to the position of the AI. If he`s next to an Object he`ll be kicked/kneed and die....just like the normal kill in a streak...

crash3
01-26-2013, 11:17 AM
I realise that, I just feel its really overpowered, fair enough kick someone off a rooftop but on the ground it looks unrealistic and the graphics don't seem to handle it that well, the guards can sometimes look as if they're being twisted in a knot or something when they get kicked.

Assassin_M
01-26-2013, 11:27 AM
I realise that, I just feel its really overpowered, fair enough kick someone off a rooftop but on the ground it looks unrealistic and the graphics don't seem to handle it that well, the guards can sometimes look as if they're being twisted in a knot or something when they get kicked.
It`s the Animation and Physics, but....I don't know what to tell you really, I was never bothered by it. The Physics were always that way, I saw it everywhere, so I didn't really mind some ridiculous knot...It`s hilarity than anything for me honestly....Nothing against what you say, though...I totally respect your views

crash3
01-26-2013, 11:31 AM
Cheers :P