PDA

View Full Version : another technical problem

Mr.Happ-E
11-22-2003, 07:49 AM
Well, at long last I've bought Uru! So when I came home I popped in the cd and began installation. The installation was a success and I decided to sign up for Uru Live directly. No problems there either. Then I wanted to play, here's the problem, in the screen where you can manage player profiles, my game crashes and i get a blue screen. Seems I have a driver error. So I tried updating. Did that, with no luck.

System specs: Pentium IV 1,5 GHz, 256 Mb ram, NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400, OS = Windows ME

I'll post the exact error later, just wanted to post this now.

Hope you guys can help me, I'm desperate.

Happ

Mr.Happ-E
11-22-2003, 07:49 AM
Well, at long last I've bought Uru! So when I came home I popped in the cd and began installation. The installation was a success and I decided to sign up for Uru Live directly. No problems there either. Then I wanted to play, here's the problem, in the screen where you can manage player profiles, my game crashes and i get a blue screen. Seems I have a driver error. So I tried updating. Did that, with no luck.

System specs: Pentium IV 1,5 GHz, 256 Mb ram, NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400, OS = Windows ME

I'll post the exact error later, just wanted to post this now.

Hope you guys can help me, I'm desperate.

Happ

Almlys
11-22-2003, 08:18 AM
I don't know if is the same/similar error but something similar happened to me.

I noted, that my game crashed, when i was in the screen where you can manage the player profiles.

The solution:
I unistalled the game and installed again. The game continued crashing. Then i unistalled, go to the folder where the game was installed, and saved a copy of the sav folder, then i deleted all data in the folder.
I installed again, and it worked again without any problems.
Then i restored the sav folder, and the game crashed again. The problem was that the sav data was corrupted.

The solution is to uninstall the game, and delete the files that the uninstaller don't delete.

(i actually installed/uninstalled the game in 3 different machines without any problem (one had win98 SE))

Almlys

Guild Of Greeters member.
Shift: Sunday 14:00-16:00 GMT
Languages: Spanish, English and Catalan