PDA

View Full Version : Why the Brotherhood outfit?

the_atm
01-24-2013, 09:38 PM
Just wondering, why in ACIII do we get the brotherhood outfit? I liked all the outfits but I felt that the AC2 outfit was better for the simple fact that it was the outfit that Ezio became who he was in, usually when I think of Ezio I think of the AC2 outfit.

The only reason I could think of for he Brotherhood outfit would be because it was already... rendered? for a bow/crossbow while the AC2 outfit wasn't

thoughts?

Assassin_M
01-24-2013, 09:41 PM
Well....The outfits are not just made for you, now right ?;)

I`m sure there are others who prefer the ACB outfit just as much you prefer the AC II outfit...

As for the reaons, no on is probably going to know, your assumption is incorrect too, because the AC outfit is not "rendered" with a bow/crossbow....they can just as easily make the AC II with a bow/crossbow.

Altair`s outfit had no crossbow but it was present in ACB with and without a crossbow

the_atm
01-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Well....The outfits are not just made for you, now right ?;)

I`m sure there are others who prefer the ACB outfit just as much you prefer the AC II outfit...

As for the reaons, no on is probably going to know, your assumption is incorrect too, because the AC outfit is not "rendered" with a bow/crossbow....they can just as easily make the AC II with a bow/crossbow.

Altair`s outfit had no crossbow but it was present in ACB with and without a crossbow
Yeah I know what you mean lol, but Altair did have a crossbow until playtesters said it was OP so they removed it, that's why it' still there in the opning video. or so I heard at least.

one could yell discrimination lol and say they have to add every outfit ever into every game so no one is left out but that's unlikely...

SixKeys
01-24-2013, 10:10 PM
The devs supposedly used Ezio's Brotherhood outfit as a placeholder for testing the game before Connor's final look was designed. Perhaps the ACB outfit was suitable for their purposes since it has more flaps and other parts that can move in the wind, to use as a guideline for which parts of Connor's outfit should be animated.

Also, the crossbow in AC1 wasn't removed because it was overpowered, they just couldn't figure out how to make the mechanics work at the time so they removed it before release.

TheHumanTowel
01-24-2013, 10:11 PM
I was disappointed we got the Brotherhood outfit as well. AC2 Ezio robes are the best outfit in the series imo. It seems Ubi has decided ACB Ezio is the definitve Ezio though for some reason so we probably won't get an AC2 skin ever.

Assassin_M
01-24-2013, 10:12 PM
The devs supposedly used Ezio's Brotherhood outfit as a placeholder for testing the game before Connor's final look was designed. Perhaps the ACB outfit was suitable for their purposes since it has more flaps and other parts that can move in the wind, to use as a guideline for which parts of Connor's outfit should be animated.

Also, the crossbow in AC1 wasn't removed because it was overpowered, they just couldn't figure out how to make the mechanics work at the time so they removed it before release.
And the Physics and nimation for THAT outfit suck....

Also, that`s not why removed the crossbow. they did that because it was historically inaccurate

SixKeys
01-24-2013, 10:32 PM

Also, that`s not why removed the crossbow. they did that because it was historically inaccurate

If you mean the AC3 version of the Ezio outfit, I agree. Still not as bad as Alta´r's outfit for 100% completion, though.

They had crossbows back in the Third Crusade already. The Hashashin probably never actually used them, but then, they probably didn't perform daring jumps into haystacks either.

Assassin_M
01-24-2013, 10:34 PM
If you mean the AC3 version of the Ezio outfit, I agree. Still not as bad as Alta´r's outfit for 100% completion, though.

They had crossbows back in the Third Crusade already. The Hashashin probably never actually used them, but then, they probably didn't perform daring jumps into haystacks either.

That`s what I meat by historically inaccurate....Of course the cross bow was there, but the Hashashin never used them...as for the laep of faith....they actually did it.....once :|

montagemik
01-24-2013, 10:43 PM
Yeah I know what you mean lol, but Altair did have a crossbow until playtesters said it was OP so they removed it, that's why it' still there in the opning video. or so I heard at least.

one could yell discrimination lol and say they have to add every outfit ever into every game so no one is left out but that's unlikely...

I Assumed we get the AC-B outfit because AC-B Ezio was the Head of the new Assassin order he created - Just as Connor becomes .

AC-2 Ezio was basically an Assassin trainee in daddy's Clothes with no recruits of his own .

Maybe i assumed wrong .

pacmanate
01-24-2013, 11:44 PM
That`s what I meat by historically inaccurate....Of course the cross bow was there, but the Hashashin never used them...as for the laep of faith....they actually did it.....once :|

I did a leap of faith from my sofa to the floor.

BATISTABUS
01-25-2013, 12:00 AM
The ACB outfit is generally considered the most popular by Ubisoft and the rest of the gaming community. It won a VGA for "Best Dressed Assassin" in 2010 (lol), and was the version of Ezio used in Soul Calibur 5. That outfit was also used by Ubisoft during the recap at the beginning of AC3, most likely because Ezio wore it during his prime.

VGA
http://youtu.be/acFt1lQ7Kqs

SCV
http://youtu.be/dBVdXToUvII

montagemik
01-25-2013, 01:00 AM
The ACB outfit is generally considered the most popular by Ubisoft and the rest of the gaming community. It won a VGA for "Best Dressed Assassin" in 2010 (lol), and was the version of Ezio used in Soul Calibur 5. That outfit was also used by Ubisoft during the recap at the beginning of AC3, most likely because Ezio wore it during his prime.

VGA
http://youtu.be/acFt1lQ7Kqs

SCV
http://youtu.be/dBVdXToUvII

Wonder when AC-3 will actually get that version then .

The one used in the opening cinematic , With the Silver shoulder armour ................& the Twin Gauntlets ! :nonchalance:

The AC-B outfit we get is the one worn by Ezio's Recruits when at Assassin rank in AC-B, Leather shoulder pad - Single gauntlet. .

Aphex_Tim
01-25-2013, 08:21 AM

Yes, after that statement i found it very weird that in AC:R during the first Altair mission the Templars were suddenly using crossbows.

Assassin_M
01-25-2013, 08:34 AM
Yes, after that statement i found it very weird that in AC:R during the first Altair mission the Templars were suddenly using crossbows.
Crusaders did use Crossbows.

It was historically inaccurate as in The Hashashin never used them.

xboxauditore
01-25-2013, 09:18 AM
I would've loved the Revelations robe.

Th3Aw3som3On31
01-25-2013, 09:18 AM
Because when they went to add Ezio in the other devs were making ACB. So they simply copyed and pasted it into AC3.