PDA

View Full Version : Do you miss having to hold O?

the_atm
01-24-2013, 04:29 AM
I was just playing AC1 again and some AC2 and I noticed that I miss having to press O to move people out of my way. Now some people will think I'm an idiot or some other harsh words but if you ask me, having to press O to nudge them out of the way made the crowds feel so alive! It made them feel like they had a mind of their own, they weren't going to move for you just because so you nudged them out of the way.

Now I'm not talking the bashing while sprinting, i'm just talking when your walking normally and you have to hold O and Ezio and Altair just gently nudged them out of the way.

am I the only one who misses this?

Assassin_M
01-24-2013, 04:34 AM
Yeah I miss holding O

Now I have to hold X -_-

It`s still there....using X not O

And I`m sure the 360 users don't miss it

the_atm
01-24-2013, 04:38 AM
really? well now I just feel stupid... lol... what if you don't want to fast walk and just slowly walk? what then? lol yup... this thread is a fail, sorry guys

Assassin_M
01-24-2013, 04:39 AM
really? well now I just feel stupid... lol... what if you don't want to fast walk and just slowly walk? what then? lol yup... this thread is a fail, sorry guys
Well....It can technically be legit if you complain that you don't want to fast walk doing it...so

Also....Thank you for taking the joke and not getting offended and calling me a moron:p

SixKeys
01-24-2013, 04:58 AM
For me it's Shift key since I'm on PC, but yes, I do miss it. Having Connor automatically shove people out of the way removes the necessity to be aware of your surroundings. The crowd was meant to be a help or a hindrance depending on your actions. If you weren't cautious, civilians could slow you down and make you stumble. In AC3 that mechanic is gone. At least it still exists in multiplayer.

Sushiglutton
01-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Not for a second. I think the new crowd shoving system was a welcome improvement. Having to hold down a button when running through a crowd is not an interesting form of gameplay imo.

TheHumanTowel
01-24-2013, 07:17 PM
R.I.P Gentle Push 2007-2012

Sleep well Sweet Prince ;_;

kuled2012
01-24-2013, 07:26 PM
I miss having the crowd being ally/enemy..now it's just..there (I know you can still blend but I was put off from the mechanic in AC3)