PDA

View Full Version : [Presentation] Aza404 Cup - January 2013

Aza404
01-23-2013, 11:48 AM
Dear Champions,

Over the next few weeks, we will be hosting a brand new tournament on the forums and Duel of Champions game! This will give the best of you a chance to shine and win some great prizes.

For this first edition of the Aza404 Cup, the prizes are the following:

1st : 6 Void Rising premium packs + 1 premium heroic pack + 1 premium base set reinforcement pack
2nd : 4 Void Rising premium packs + 2 premium base set reinforcement pack
3rd: 3 Void Rising packs + 2 premium base set reinforcement packs

4th / 5th : 1 Void Rising pack + 1 base set reinforcement pack + 7000 gold
6th until 8th : 1 base set reinforcement pack + 5000 gold

Once all the cups are over, the winner of each cup will then compete together to see who the Big International Winner is.
International Winner prize: 1 Void Rising box + 100 000 gold

You have until Monday 4th of February (10am) to enter the tournament on this forum thread: >>Enter<< (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/749665)

Make sure you have learnt the rules >>here<< (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/749664).
Don't forget to use the chat on mmdoc.net (http://www.mmdoc.net/chat/) and the forum personal messaging system to communicate with other players throughout this whole event!

Good luck!
Aza404

Ipwnfour
01-23-2013, 11:49 AM
deffinatly in!

Fugientes
01-23-2013, 02:56 PM
cool

C4r-n4ge
01-24-2013, 02:31 PM
Why the prices today are edited and are smaller than yesterday?
I saw the first place was supposed to be 500K yesterday - now it;'s only 250 K...
What is going on...?

Aza404
01-24-2013, 02:47 PM
We're planning separate tournaments for each version (FR, PL, DE and UK). More info will be released about this soon.
Therefor, the rewards needed to be adjusted.

Harmbringer
01-24-2013, 03:15 PM
not sure if DE provides enough players. Just know 4 or 5 other germans here...

Ipwnfour
01-24-2013, 04:34 PM
We're planning separate tournaments for each version (FR, PL, DE and UK). More info will be released about this soon.

Some 'versions' have it easier/harder than others, simply because of the number of participants (majority will be EN/UK)

Anything specific I need to do to participate as german?

Aza404
01-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Anything specific I need to do to participate as german?

As soon as these tournaments are launched, I'll link them here for you guys to enter :)

Shinrin_Hitori
01-24-2013, 06:11 PM
I would love to participate (@Harmbringer: one german more :) ), but I fear I will not be able because of my working schedule... I would only have some few hours at the evening, between 19:00 and 21:00... would that be enough time?

Aza404
01-24-2013, 06:13 PM
@HitoriOyuinu: I'm sure that would fine as long as you manage to coordinate with your opponents to get a time that suits you all (but generally it's easier for most people in the evening).

C4r-n4ge
01-24-2013, 09:19 PM

Why seperate Tournaments? I think it would be more fun to compete also with internationall adversaries...

If you plan to separate tournaments for 4 versions then I have some questions:

1. Can one person participate in all 4 versions of Tournaments? (if no - then why not?)

If one person can participate only in one version then can we choose other version than is our citizenship? For example: I'm from Poland and I would like to participate in German or French version - can I do it?

2. Some people are from other countries than 4 mentioned - which country version should they choose?

3. Like Harmbringer and Ipfwnfour mentioned - there are some great disproportions in numbers of players between those 4 versions.
As Harmbringer said - there are not many players from Germany - so for example this tournament group will be easier to win than 3 others ( as a opposed to Polish version in which we have very large group of players and many of them are top ladder players - so our group Tourney will be extremely hard).
If people who are from the other countries than those 4 will have a choice - they will choose the easiest group of course.
Therefore I think it's not a good idea to do 4 seperate Tournaments - it would be much better and much more fairly to have one big internationall event.

Harmbringer
01-25-2013, 09:00 AM
I don´t think that the German tournament would be easier, as all of the Germans I know are playing at High ELO...
But I like the Competition.

Paal-
01-25-2013, 10:13 AM
Mmmm, since I'm half German and half Italian could I partecipate to 2 tourneys? :D
Btw, is an Italian tourney not considered? O know quite italian's that play Doc, :)

Aza404
01-25-2013, 11:02 AM
To answer C4r-n4ge's questions:

Why seperate Tournaments?
Simply because we want to give more visibility to the other forums and avoid everyone coming to the International forum when they have their own community just one or two clicks away. Also, doing this allows us to spread the load and allow more player to take part.

1. Can one person participate in all 4 versions of Tournaments?
NO, this would defeat the purpose and give top players above average chances of winning lots of rewards. This would simply be very unfair.

2. Some people are from other countries than 4 mentioned - which country version should they choose?
If they do not have a tournament in their language / community, they are invited to take part in the International tournament.

3. Like Harmbringer and Ipfwnfour mentioned - there are some great disproportions in numbers of players between those 4 versions.
Obviously yes, the tournaments will be different as we won't all have the same number of players. Nevertheless, the way the tournament works makes it quite fair and getting to the top in the bigger tournaments will not be harder for a good player, just longer as there are more duels to fight.

Ipwnfour
01-25-2013, 11:33 AM
To answer C4r-n4ge's questions:
Obviously yes, the tournaments will be different as we won't all have the same number of players. Nevertheless, the way the tournament works makes it quite fair and getting to the top in the bigger tournaments will not be harder for a good player, just longer as there are more duels to fight.

I think (part of) C4r-n4ge's point was that players will sign up in the region that has fewest contestans, so they would have less/easier opponents. How will you deal with this?

Aza404
01-25-2013, 11:45 AM
I think (part of) C4r-n4ge's point was that players will sign up in the region that has fewest contestans, so they would have less/easier opponents. How will you deal with this?

The German, French and Polish communities have some of the best players I know. If people really think entering smaller tournaments will help I think they are taking a big risk...
If a community has few players taking part in the tournament, that does not mean that there are few players in the community. All it means is that there is a higher chance that only the regular participants / strongest players are taking part.
I'm not sure we really need to do anything on our side really... Think about it this way: in a bigger tournament you have a higher chance that strong players will be elliminated before you get to play against them.

In conclusion I would say that speculation is futile right now as we do not know how things are going to turn out. You could be absolutely right in saying that small tournaments are more advantageous, but you could also be absolutely wrong. I strongly advise players to take part in their respective tournaments as it will help develop and strengthen that community as well as give you a chance to chat in your own language and make new friends.

Harmbringer
01-25-2013, 11:57 AM
Well guy, we should wait to see the entries and discuss afterwards if that´s fine or not.
Anyway, everybody will get the chance to enter and have a few funny hours than.
I´d also like to meet more germans ingame, and that can def. help me here.

WalkingHawking
01-25-2013, 04:45 PM
If they do not have a tournament in their language / community, they are invited to take part in the International tournament.

How will the international tournament be? Exactly as the other 4 but just for the players that don't belong to any of the other ones?
No offense, but all this splitting doesn't make any sense to me, specially when you have no way to keep it "legal".

Aza404
02-05-2013, 03:53 PM
Prizes have been changed in order to have the same rewards in all cups!

1st : 6 Void Rising premium packs + 1 premium heroic pack + 1 premium base set reinforcement pack
2nd : 4 Void Rising premium packs + 2 premium base set reinforcement pack
3rd: 3 Void Rising packs + 2 premium base set reinforcement packs
4th / 5th : 1 Void Rising pack + 1 base set reinforcement pack + 7000 gold
6th until 8th : 1 base set reinforcement pack + 5000 gold

Once all the cups are over, the winner of each cup will then compete together to see who the Big International Winner is.

Enjoy,
Aza

ulpsz
02-09-2013, 01:51 AM
I did not manage to enter this cup

will there bee another like this...soon...if so, when?

Ipwnfour
03-29-2013, 02:20 PM

Sorry for gravedigging this thread, but when is it going to recommence?

goilo
04-04-2013, 02:55 AM
sie planen gerade das turnier. wir müssen nicht mehr so lange warten.

Nillicomes
04-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Yearh Ipwnfour!! Let's beat those polish, german and french players!!!

Ipwnfour
04-23-2013, 10:48 AM
Ok... I'm just wondering when the finals are going to take place. Please don't tell me we have to wait another 2 months so the Spanish community can finish their Cup. :eek:

Hantziie
04-23-2013, 10:54 AM
Ok... I'm just wondering when the finals are going to take place. Please don't tell me we have to wait another 2 months so the Spanish community can finish their Cup. :eek:

Maybe he's waiting for the spectator mode to stream the final :D

C4r-n4ge
04-23-2013, 12:21 PM
I guess we'll have to wait another year for Spanish, Italian, Chineese and US community to finish their future Cups.... :p

WalkingHawking
04-23-2013, 02:15 PM

I don't think so, since i have already played the international cup and now i'm(hopefully) going to play the spanish tournament, so i'd have 2 opportunities to qualify and that would be totally unfair.

Ipwnfour
05-06-2013, 11:58 AM

Bumping this once again. Just give us a scedule+format and the players will make sure that the games will be played.

Also, the prizes have in the meantime became useless with the expansion coming in 3 weeks. You might want to change that to "Herald Box"...

... and add alternate art card of Belias. ;)