PDA

View Full Version : What Do YOU Want From The Next Assassins Creed?

STDlyMcStudpants
01-23-2013, 08:18 AM
Just curious. What have you seen in past games you don't EVER want to come back or new things from Assassins Creed 3 that you want to see more of?
What kind of setting do you want?

Me personally, I want more than anything for the next Assassins Creed to be an origins story aka: Assassins Creed Genesis
I want to know the story of Adam and Eve..To know "The Truth". Even if it is just a small bit like they did with Altair in Revelations and we live as Connor, expanding and exploring the US...or perhaps he travels to Africa to learn the origins of Adam and Eve.. Revealed that we have been someone else living as Desmond through the animus the whole time . :O

What I don't want to see coming back:
- Armor you have to have repaired every 5 minutes
- "Races"
- Medicine
- Pick Locks

What I want to see more of:
- Epic kills from AC Revelations and AC 3
- Self reviving health. (was awesome to get that back finally)
- Tree Climbing
- Forests
- Hunting

I wouldn't mind debunking tall tails such as Big Foot or the Headless Horseman from AC3, thought that was neat.

What about you? :)

Gi1t
01-23-2013, 09:11 AM
Enemies that fight well enough to be worth fighting...or better yet, to second guess fighting. Most fun I ever had fighting in AC was fighting the Templar Knights in the first game during the first couple of sequences where you don't have a mountain of health. I miss those guys.

Assassin_M
01-23-2013, 09:17 AM
Actually fulfilling promises, because the next time I see the words "Random" and "quests" tied together with some fancy sentence that implies innovation, I`ll LOL and wont believe it...

let the "some features are dropped during development" excuse roll on -__-

Legendz54
01-23-2013, 10:32 AM
I just think they should improve on the modern day story and on things like you said "the truth" Adam and Eve etc.
they should also improve on weather, new animations and just keep innovating and keeping fresh on all the elements of AC.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
01-23-2013, 11:05 AM
Just curious. What have you seen in past games you don't EVER want to come back or new things from Assassins Creed 3 that you want to see more of?
What kind of setting do you want?

Me personally, I want more than anything for the next Assassins Creed to be an origins story aka: Assassins Creed Genesis
I want to know the story of Adam and Eve..To know "The Truth". Even if it is just a small bit like they did with Altair in Revelations and we live as Connor, expanding and exploring the US...or perhaps he travels to Africa to learn the origins of Adam and Eve.. Revealed that we have been someone else living as Desmond through the animus the whole time . :O

What I don't want to see coming back:
- Armor you have to have repaired every 5 minutes
- "Races"
- Medicine
- Pick Locks

What I want to see more of:
- Epic kills from AC Revelations and AC 3
- Self reviving health. (was awesome to get that back finally)
- Tree Climbing
- Forests
- Hunting

I wouldn't mind debunking tall tails such as Big Foot or the Headless Horseman from AC3, thought that was neat.

What about you? :)

SAME HERRE, what i also never ever want to see again: you have to repair some buildings like smiths, bankers etc. ********!!!

BUT waht i want to SEE in the FUTURE

Combination of stealth and action. I like the direction the devs went with AC3 and hope they contnue. The graphics were excellent and fantastic. I enjoyed the street life with walking humans and animals. The same with wolfs, bears and lions etc. very cool, gives it all a bist more realistic feeling.

LS786
01-23-2013, 11:15 AM
Awesome looking assassin outfits ( hooded )

predatorpulse7
01-23-2013, 11:29 AM
Just a couple of things:

-make fights tougher and challenging, what's the point of being a unkillable tank?

-actually implement better stealth mechanics and make them fun to use. A better cover system, crouch feature, enemy line of sight etc.

-take the game back to its roots and make AC about ASSASSINATIONS - let us know more about our targets, personalize them a la AC1/2, give us more high profile targets. Which leads me to:

-stop the unecessary cluttering of a once great game series. Look, I liked chasing flags, feathers and whatever at first. It was a decent idea and since no game before it managed to recreate medieval cities I didn't mind running around the beautifully rendered vistas regardless of my (personal) objectives where. But ever since you got to earn money in Montereggioni by building up your villa, all kinds of unnecessary features have been tagged on. There seems to be this chase for money but what the hell do you do with all that money? Buying better weapons doesn't really have an impact in combat and combat is already sooo easy. Seriously, you can finish every AC game, no problemo, with the weapons you started with. Even buying better armor doesn't exactly do much since you don't exactly need the extra health squares because, again, combat is so frustratingly easy.with enemies lining up so you can counter them.

What is the point of trading in AC3(or any other AC money-making mechanic tbh)? To get money, right? But what the hell do you do with that money? Sure, you can use it to buy a different costume for Connor or buy/craft "better" weapons. But since you don't have a substantial,tangible gameplay difference between the original weapons and the "improved" one, what's your incentive to buy/craft better weapons? I never once thought in the tens of hours that I played AC3 "hmm, this tomahawk is starting to show its age, why don't I buy a better one?". Why? Because I slaughtered redcoats just fine with what I had on my back/belt at the time.

-if we have sidequests, make them fun and at least somehow connected to the overarching story, just running around as a errand boy gets boring after a while.

-and here we come to my last request, which will be toughest to do - INNOVATE and actually change the mission structure. After five games I have to say that the AC formula for missions is stale as hell. You feel like are being walked from checkpoint to checkpoint, being told to do x/y and you usually have no control on how the mission will unfold, you are told when to stealth and when to fight. They could do what a lot of games are doing these days, have the end result of the mission be pretty much the same(so it won't conflict with the main story, no one is asking lots of C&C here, this isn't an RPG) but to let you take the path you want - you could either bust the front door open and plainly kill mofos or they could give you a couple of entryways and exits in that particular mission map for the more stealth oriented players.

SuperLoboMau 25
01-23-2013, 11:36 AM
-make fights tougher and challenging, what's the point of being a unkillable tank?

-actually implement better stealth mechanics and make them fun to use. A better cover system, crouch feature, enemy line of sight etc.

-take the game back to its roots and make AC about ASSASSINATIONS - let us know more about our targets, personalize them a la AC1/2, give us more high profile targets. Which leads me to:

-stop the unecessary cluttering of a once great game series. Look, I liked chasing flags, feathers and whatever at first. It was a decent idea and since no game before it managed to recreate medieval cities I didn't mind running around the beautifully rendered vistas regardless of my (personal) objectives where. But ever since you got to earn money in Montereggioni by building up your villa, all kinds of unnecessary features have been tagged on. There seems to be this chase for money but what the hell do you do with all that money? Buying better weapons doesn't really have an impact in combat and combat is already sooo easy. Seriously, you can finish every AC game, no problemo, with the weapons you started with. Even buying better armor doesn't exactly do much since you don't exactly need the extra health squares because, again, combat is so frustratingly easy.with enemies lining up so you can counter them.

What is the point of trading in AC3(or any other AC money-making mechanic tbh)? To get money, right? But what the hell do you do with that money? Sure, you can use it to buy a different costume for Connor or buy/craft "better" weapons. But since you don't have a substantial,tangible gameplay difference between the original weapons and the "improved" one, what's your incentive to buy/craft better weapons? I never once thought in the tens of hours that I played AC3 "hmm, this tomahawk is starting to show its age, why don't I buy a better one?". Why? Because I slaughtered redcoats just fine with what I had on my back/belt at the time.

-if we have sidequests, make them fun and at least somehow connected to the overarching story, just running around as a errand boy gets boring after a while.

-and here we come to my last request, which will be toughest to do - INNOVATE and actually change the mission structure. After five games I have to say that the AC formula for missions is stale as hell. You feel like are being walked from checkpoint to checkpoint, being told to do x/y and you usually have no control on how the mission will unfold, you are told when to stealth and when to fight. They could do what a lot of games are doing these days, have the end result of the mission be pretty much the same(so it won't conflict with the main story, no one is asking lots of C&C here, this isn't an RPG) but to let you take the path you want - you could either bust the front door open and plainly kill mofos or they could give you a couple of entryways and exits in that particular mission map for the more stealth oriented players.

This

UBOSOFT-Gamer
01-23-2013, 11:43 AM
i like the naval battles and the mission where you orderd the soldiers to shoot and the mission wereh you had to fire with the cannon agsinst oncomming redcoats :D i would have liked to see some more battles i have to say. like i said a mix of stealth and action. i was abit dissapointed. i remember a picture of connor standing on a hill and looking down to british infantry and american infatry hwooting each other, i missed something like this in AC3. yes they shoot each otehr in AC3, but i would like to have seen marching soldiers, like in movies, you know. anyway, nevertheless, very cool game indeed. the chaning weahter was also very cool!

What i dislike was that the redcoats get your attention if you just climb onto houses. that was too heavy!! even during nights...i like the glyphes, bring them back. i like you can play games and earn money. cool idead indeed :D

*edit* And never ever bring bacl a mission where you have to ride a horsebuggy and damage antoher horsebuggy :S *gosh* !!

and dont do feeled 50 small missions besides the main mission like in brotherood or revelations. i mean its ok to do a race or knock out somebody to get recurits, but i felt it was overdone in brotherhood and rome. it felt like" um okay, we do this litte quests to make the gameplay longer over and over again"

i have no problem with "kill xyz" hey you are an assain! not a maildelivery!

Sushiglutton
01-23-2013, 12:19 PM
I thought you would never ask ;)!

Combat:

More moves with different tactical uses (aka not just different animations).
Move to reposition yourself vs your opponent.
More archetypes, armed with different weapons requiring different strategies.
More defensive moves.
More depth in the sense that move A can be followed up with move B that can be folowed up with C.
Being able to quickfire all gadgets (in and out of combat).
If the requests above means less types of weapons (since every added move needs to be multiplied by the number of weapons, the number of animation explodes) that is a tradeoff I happily make. Preferably external weapons could have the same number of moves as in AC3.

Stealth:

Crouch button + sticky cover
Whistle is player controleed and can be performed from anywhere
Polish the AI. There are sooo many wtf situations. AI must be more consistent in what it sees and hears and react more sensibly about it.
Throw a stone to lure enemies away.

Freerunning:

Too automated to be really fun. Give the player more control of some moves (like slide and the vault). The Prine of Persia games had awesome freerunning because they allowed the player some control. It was still forigiving, but it felt much better. More control also means more precision, which would be welcome!

Tools/gadgets:

Make the bow free aimed and possible to shoot when and wherever I want (I paid sixty bucks for this bow, it's MINE now :( ). Bow need several fixes which I have allready posted in the SP feedback thread.
Give the ropedart more uses. A rope is a fun thing in a videogame. There are ton of possibilities!
Bombs should be possible to attach to any surface, animal, or human. The timer is not a good way to prevent overuse of bombs. A better one would be to put enemies in a permanent alert phase once a bomb has gone off.
Gadget with no strategic use (such as poison dart) should be replaced with tools that have. I prefer to have fewer tools, but with more uses.
Make the world more interactive. Include destructibility (bridges, balconies, trees etc) and movable objects like boulders, crates etc. This would allow the player to use the enviroment to kill. It would also create a much more fun playground and make the world feel more alive.

Mission Design:

Open missions that allow for maximum player freedom, where we can take advantage of all Connor's skills.
Focus on assassinations. Let there be more buildup towards them with some investigation missions.
Reduce the number of "minigames" in the campaign. It's ok to play hide and seek, or fly a bit as an eagle, but to do stuff like this in every single mission gets tedious. It makes the entire campaign feel like a tutorial. The vast majority of missions should be designed around, the hopefully improved, core mechanics.
Less cutscenes, especially in the middle of missions, it breaks the flow (think for example of the William Johnson mission). I prefer doing things myself, even if they look a bit uncool, over watching an ever so cool cutscene. When boarding another ship I want to make the leap. When Haytham chases the Bulldog and the tree falls down, don't start a cutscene. Shoot my horse "in game" and then let me play my way out of it.

Things I don't want to see ever again:

Renovating shops/buying landmarks.
Bomb benches cluttering the city.
Different fractions cluttering the city.
Medicines (new health system is PERFECT!)
Armor
Recruits
Delivery missions.
QTE (kept to a minimum at least)
Puh that's it for now :D!

STDlyMcStudpants
01-23-2013, 05:22 PM
Just a couple of things:

You make some GREAT points, I personally don't mind investments to make money over time for ship parts or weapons/maps, etc. BUT you're right that weapons hardly feel different. The only game I felt a difference in was Assassins Creed Revelations....I LOVED the guard's heavy axe, My favorite weapon in the game and I loved that in that game you could take their weapons and KEEP them, not lose them when you try to climb or start a mission or died..you could keep them forever. I want to feel a difference in weapons again!
I also don't mind running around for treasure and feathers..but I want more than a trophy for doing it. It's like.. cool, I did all of that and I get?? A trophy..no bonus video or health upgrade...anything?
One thing I disagree with is making it harder to kill people, personally what I love the most about Assassins Creed is that it's so insanely fun to kill guards, and it's frustration free.
Some climbing bits run through the glowing hoops in x amount of time are frustrating enough, I don't need my assassinations or guard fights to taunt me as well lol.

lothario-da-be
01-23-2013, 06:28 PM
I want the next ac to be ac3 but WAY more polished. Most of the side content is underdevelopped, a lot people had tons of bugs, the game was a bit short for a numberd title and mision design was sometimes poorly done.

crash3
01-23-2013, 06:56 PM
What I would like to see:

1. More challenging opponents who are smarter, more aggressive, tougher, have more skills and are less predictable.
2. An assassins that follows the creed more strictly
3. Larger emphasis on stealth without having to use 100% sync as an excuse to be stealthy
4. Larger number of missions giving us the opportunity to use every item/weapon at our disposal (I usually only need to use the hidden blade and the sword)
5. More amazing music to create a better atmosphere
6. Multiple cities/ Larger world to explore
7. Less collectibles and more missions
8. Less time constraints on missions so we are able to take our time more and fully appreciate our surroundings
9. Longer more in depth/complex storyline with more mystery involved
10. more modern day missions
11. health should regenerate much slower to encourage you to be stealthy and no go around slaughtering guards
12. less ammunition so we pick our targets more carefully
13. more realistic costumes so we don't look as conspicuous in crowds
14. more serious consequences for high profile actions to encourage stealth
15. Arrows or bullets should take only one or two shots to kill you
16. manual aiming/ no lock on system

lothario-da-be
01-23-2013, 07:03 PM

1. More challenging opponents who are smarter, more aggressive, tougher, have more skills and are less predictable.
3. Larger emphasis on stealth without having to use 100% sync as an excuse to be stealthy
4. Larger number of missions giving us the opportunity to use every item/weapon at our disposal (I usually only need to use the hidden blade and the sword)
8. Less time constraints on missions so we are able to take our time more and fully appreciate our surroundings
11. health should regenerate much slower to encourage you to be stealthy and no go around slaughtering guards
I agree with most of your points but a larger world will only have a bad effect on the game i think.And more amazing music is already there.But for the rest all valid points.

STDlyMcStudpants
01-23-2013, 11:27 PM

#7 Collectibles give us that chance to explore and appreciate the beauty of the game, but would love to see less side missions and an extended story.
#8 LOVE, I can't stand beat the clock in any game.
#16 We are well trained assassins, that lock system is our manual aiming! haha

STDlyMcStudpants
01-23-2013, 11:36 PM
I agree with most of your points but a larger world will only have a bad effect on the game i think.And more amazing music is already there.But for the rest all valid points.

Great point. I will be completely fine if they never get any bigger than AC 3. That game was HUGE and held amazing graphics and detail! Sure some bugs, but nothing to break the game.
I had the most fun running through the AC 3 forest than I have playing any game in my entire library, would be great to see a forest based AC in the future with no cities at all and more varied distinct locations, I enjoyed finding caves and getting lost in the the deep forest to find a pond populated with beavers everywhere you looked, or climbing a cliff face to see a cougar soaking up the sun on a rock.
I don't expect the next game to be as big, but I think they got the world size PERFECT and wilderness variation ALMOST perfect in ac 3.

BATISTABUS
01-24-2013, 12:03 AM
This is a good outline (Sushiglutton's), so I'm gonna steal it =P

First off, I WANT ANOTHER CONNOR GAME. Also, the lock-picking mechanic is fantastic. I cannot understand for the life of me why so many people hate it. It's the best lock-picking mini-game in any video game ever.

Combat:

I think the combat was pretty solid in AC3. The AI is what needs the most improvements. I'd like to see more archetypes that need to be killed in different ways, and generally more aggressive enemies. Also, take enemies off the roofs. They have no business being there, and it takes away from the the unique feeling of free-running (maybe have one class of enemies, probably natives, that are able to climb, but they should not be in cities).

Stealth:

I want to see more options that help with general stealth-based game-play. I know that the team prefers Social Stealth, but I think that can only go so far. If possible, I'd like to see more options for that as well, but not in the form of factions (like riots or courtesans). I'd also like a comprehensive sound engine, where enemies respond appropriately to noises the assassin makes.

Freerunning:

I think the free-running in AC3 was pretty **** solid. I can't think of any specific suggestions, besides to fix general engine bugs. Also, fix the horse.

Tools/gadgets:

I want weapon choice to actually have significant game-play consequences. This was pulled off most effectively in AC1, but has gone completely out the window since. I'd rather have 4, 3, or even 2 weapons that make a difference than 20 that don't. Get rid of useless gear (bombs) and objects that make things too easy (smoke bomb). Give free-aim to ranged weapons. I wouldn't mind if there was an auto-snap feature that lets you adjust the target like in Rockstar games. Also, I'd like to see a more traditional use of the rope dart. ( http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/725078-Rope-Dart-used-more-traditionally-(Sheng-Biao) )

Mission Design:

Don't give us missions that contradict the established game-play mechanics. Allow freedom, but add some non-optional limits for challenge (time limits, certain missions where you shouldn't kill anyone, certain missions where you have to kill someone a certain way, don't be detected, etc.). Chases are bad, escapes are good.

More infiltration missions, assassinations, and TOMBS!!!

Expand the crap out of naval missions! Those were awesome, and I'd like to see an exploration element added to it (along with a stronger narrative).

This is somewhat related, but make hunting more challenging with better incentives. ( http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/749602-Hunting-Difficulty )

Things I don't want to see ever again:

-QTE
-Recruits (they just make the game easier)
-Medicine
-Delivery Missions
-Armor
-Missions that take you out of the established game-play
-renovating
-non-Assassin factions
-long tutorials
-useless/redundant weapons and gear
-bomb crafting
-"toy"modes (crafting, merchanting)
-as many bugs as there were in AC3
-auto-aim for ranged weapons
-a lack of ambient music

Soulid_Snake
01-24-2013, 01:15 AM
Setting:

I'm hoping during the French Revolution, specifically Paris, it would look, so beautiful, with the different landmarks, such as:

- Grand Châtelet.
- Conciergerie
- Bastille.

I think Paris on the whole has the potential to be like Venice/Florence of AC2, if done right.

If not, India would be a fine alternative.

Technical:

- Sought out that horrific frame rate.
- Bugs are a no go.

Audio:

- Lorne Balfe has grown on me, but he is no Jesper Kyd, bring him back!
- Ambient music.

Gameplay:

- Building traversing.
- Bring back ziplines.
- Cutscene interactions.
- Combat of previous games!
- Aiming ability to cripple and head shots.
- Glyphes with Puzzles.
- Parachuting.
- Moral choices, AC3 ending could have done with this.

Well basically go back to its roots!

abig84
01-24-2013, 02:36 AM
no more desmond missions! .... but that shouldnt be a problem :)

DavisP92
01-24-2013, 03:15 AM
1. CO-OP, AND I DON'T MEAN WOLF PACK CO-OP. This would drastically improve the replay value and enjoyment out of AC games, to be able to play with a friend and tackle all the assassinations, side missions and challenges would make the game far more enjoyable. I am not saying remove the SP story, there should be an individual SP story. What I'm saying is have in the menu a co-op section which you could tackle three different ways; (1) you could forget about the animus and just have an open world where 2-3 people can play a co-op story together where it's in a different era/location then the SP story. This means that if AC4 is in India then the co-op experience could be in Japan or Egypt. (2) You could do the same thing as 1 but instead keep the animus and have 2 or 3 present day assassins in their own animi re-living their ancestors who were all part of a team. (3) Instead of having a long individual story only located in one location (this is the most interesting and challenging concept of the three) you could have the co-op experience based off of the recruit contracts that we have been doing in ACB, ACR, and AC3. For ACB we sent our recruits to Egypt, France, Italy, etc. doing missions. The co-op experience could be we play as recruits going on these missions. This would provide new locations and dlc opportunities for the players.

2. Customization, Customization, CUSTOMIZATION. I cannot say that enough, what we have in the game so far is horrible, and should not be looked at as "this what the players want". You can never have too much customization! I am going to explain relating to the co-op experience. Let's say that I'm playing with two of my other friends, and we are using the 3rd idea i mentioned in the co-op section. The assassin we pick should be the assassin we stay with. We shouldn't be limited to only have 3 characters to pick, but rather a section of different characters that have different ethnic backgrounds (African-American, Caucasian, Native-American, etc.) and gender as well. This would allow the player to be more immersed because they can pick their own gender and ethnic background. Moving on to the APPEARANCE of the assassin, there should be a few selections that we could pick, NOT just color. Maybe I want something similar to Altair’s outfit, while my two other friends want Ezio’s and Connor's. This doesn't mean just put the same outfits from the past game but rather have different style shirts, pants, hoods, and shoes. Maybe I want to be an assassin that wears Connor type shoes/boots and pants but instead have a sleeveless shirt with a hood. Give that option to the gamers. Moving on toWEAPON, it's cool that in the SP we play as an assassin that can use every single weapon like he has trained with it his entire life. But the co-op should NOT be like that, otherwise how would we be different from our friends that are playing or have a different experience when we play it again. There should be a class base selection when picking your assassin. Examples are an Archery, Poison, and bombs. If you pick archery then you get to use a bow but you can't use poison or any type of bomb, this includes smoke bombs and vice-versa for the other classes. This would provide a different experience depending on what class you pick and how many players are playing (2 or 3). I know class based system are very RPG-y but if done correctly then it would be an amazing addition to the co-op experience. Sorry but I’m going to add another RPG-ish element, which is skills. Again I know that AC isn't a RPG but that doesn't mean that it can't take things from different genres and add them into its features list to make the game more amazing. When I say skills I'm referring to something similar to the idea of the classes I mentioned. Our assassins, when playing co-op should not master everything. But instead should be okay with certain weapons but truly excel with others. Let's say that I pick the Archer which means one of my skills should be Archery of course, but what if I play the game mainly using only hand to hand and my hidden blades? Then wouldn't that mean that is what I prefer to use, so why not say that that is what my other skills would be as I continue the game. Of course in the co-op experience we would be starting as recruits and moving up to master assassin so why not at every level allow us to pick a skill that we would want to use that we are allowed to (meaning archer assassin can't pick a poison skill). So for hand to hand combat you could start off as a brawler and then improve your skills so that you can disarm, then to you can redirect attacks (like Ezio did in the ACR CGI trailer). Skill like that is what I'm referring to, which would then allow players that perhaps like using the dagger to have their own skills, strengths and weaknesses, that are different from those that they are playing with. Another Part of the customization would be where the weapons are located on our assassins, if I'm the Archery Assassin and only use my hands then I should have any weapons besides a bow and a quiver of arrows on my back. But if my friend is the bomb assassin it would be nice to see a belt of bombs that he can wear and if there is a belt maybe he wants the belt across his chest or on the waist. If he also uses a dagger, maybe he wants the dagger on his waist, leg, back (like Altair) or on his lower back like a ninja. There should be options to where we can put our weapons on our assassin as well.

3. WEIGHT, HEALTH, STEALTH, AND ANIMATIONS. Staring with weight if my assassin is only has a bow and no armor then shouldn't he be faster than my friends that have swords, daggers, and different pieces of armor on them? The amount of weapons you have on you should affect your speed when running, climbing, and fighting. Now if you have bombs on your chest, a sword on your back and a dagger on your leg don't you think the guards should be paying more attention to the person with all those weapons on their assassin more than a person that may only have a bow? I do. The amount of weapons and EVEN ARMOR should effect how guards interact with you; no normal person has a full set of armor and an arsenal of weapons on them. Guards should really constantly be watching a person that does. So notoriety should be affected with how many weapons you carry and your armor that you have on. I hit two birds with one stone there, knocked out both weight and stealth http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/smile.png. Now for animations and health, if I don't have any armor on then that would mean that if I’m hit by a sword, dagger or arrow I should take more damage than a friend that has more armor, right? Of course, so our health should also be affected by the amount of armor we have, which then would make the game more challenging for those that don't have any protection. But if you don't have armor then you move faster, so have animations that actually are different for those that don't have armor. Maybe a person with no armor or very little can do flips when vaulting over objects or even flip over guards like Ezio. While a person with a lot of armor could have animations that show it, for example if a person is playing with a lot of armor and gets into a fight a counter could show that he stops a sword with his arm gauntlet rather than dodging it.

4. SYNCHRONIZATION SYSTEM AND FREEDOM. I'm sorry but I think that the sync. system should be removed, why should a player have to do a certain mission the way you want them to? AC used to be about complete freedom when playing the game but now you want us to play the game a certain way. I know that you don't have to do the objectives for the sync. system and that's why it's called "optional objectives" but you have gamers that play AC and want to get everything in the game. Why should they have to change their play style, why not just let them play the way they want and just have some other way for us to obtain whatever it was you were going to give us for the completing the sync. system? I get you implemented it in order to make the game more challenging but that wasn't the way to go. Instead you made it more annoying at times rather than challenging. Why should I have to ram my boat into other boats? I don't want to purposely cause damage to my boat when I could just shoot the other boats. Why should I have to shoot the powder kegs I could take the enemies out even faster if I just use fire cannonballs and blow up the ship before it even gives me the option to shoot the powder kegs? These tasks limit the freedom we have and so does killing the target in a certain way. Maybe I don't want to kill a Templar by doing an air assassination, maybe I want to do a running assassination and then pull him down off his horse (metaphor: pull him down off his high horse) and stab him. It's kind of ironic that the game is about playing as assassins that fight for freedom and peace, key word is freedom. Yet you strip some of our freedom while playing the game.

5. SINGLE PLAYER SPECIFIC IMPROVEMENT. What I don't get is after 4 years of gamers asking for the ability to remove weapons there still isn't an option to remove weapons more easily. I disarmed a guard and took his sword thinking I could drop it after I kill him but instead Connor took it and put it on his waist, I think it's an ugly look. ESPECIALLY since there aren't any SHEATHS (put sheaths in the next game). I had to go buy a heavy weapon and then smash it into a guards head just so I could go back to only having the hidden blade and tomahawk.

6. STORY AND BROTHERHOOD. The one thing that I felt that was missed out in AC3 was the feeling of being part of a brotherhood. I understand that in the story it was mentioned that the assassins were almost wiped out but what actually happened? Connor and Achilles can't be the only assassins out there, why was it never mentioned? The thing I don't like is that even when we found the recruits they never felt like actual assassins. They never wore hoods, they didn't have assassin outfits, they weren't even inducted into the brotherhood really. They just said, "Hey i'll help". Then why in the beginning of the game does Charles Lee, and the other recruits of Haytham have hidden blades? they aren't Assassins so they shouldn't have it? Unless they took it from Assassins or were trained with them, you made them look like they were Master Assassins but they died like normal guards.

Tss_Zoro
01-24-2013, 06:02 AM
I love all of the Assassin's Creed games thus far, my favorite being the latest (creed III) but my main disappointment in all of the Assassin's Creed games is that the only multiplayer gameplay is an online, free-for-all/team death match style. I've had many occasions where I'll being playing and i reach a spot in the game where it would be extremely helpful even to have just another pair of eyes, let alone another blade to aid you in combat and assassinations. So far, on a single-player standpoint, Assassin's Creed in general has blown my expectations out of the water and I want to thank all of those who put all the time and effort into making a game with so many choices and possibilities. On the other hand, Assassin's Creed on a multiplayer standpoint seems to be lacking something and I strongly believe that with a co-operative (main) story-line it would be complete and would be appreciated by a wider variety of gamer's who only play games for the social interaction aspect of the gaming universe not just the competition between players or the satisfaction of completing a story-line. The second fault in the Assassin's Creed games is the level of customization of your character. It would be much more appealing if you were able to customize the outfit of your character at the start of the game, even if that means only being able to re-customize for a cost or at the end of the main story-line. It would also be very nice to be able to select a starting arsenal, among a limited selection due to the fact that if every weapon in the game was available at the very beginning, it wouldn't make for very fun combat seeing as you would be able to eliminate any enemy that stands in your way in a matter of seconds. So, to compromise my suggestion is to allow a selection of 2 or 3 weapons for each section of your arsenal (bombs, firearms, small/large weapons, projectiles/consumables) giving the game an interesting twist from the very start. This would also make each players experience throughout the story-line unique (to a certain point). Also, if you feel like playing through the story-line a second time, which is often as invigorating as the first time through, you would be able to select a different outfit along with a different arsenal to see which you prefer.

Sincerely----
Smith

dxsxhxcx
01-24-2013, 01:50 PM
01. more FREEDOM: remove the 100% sync requirements or make it (much) less intrusive to allow the player to play the way he/she wants, if possible add little events in the missions that when triggered will lead us to different ways/paths to approach our target;

02. more CHALLENGE: if you want to make the game easy to grab more players I'm fine with it, but at least add a difficulty system for those who enjoy to have a bit more challenge, you won't lose anything by giving the players the option to choose the difficulty they want to play, and this will certainly add more replay value to the game (if done right), bring back the ability the guards had to break our defense, don't make them always keep a safe distance and make them attack as often as the enemies in Arkham Asylum/City do;

03. make the ancestor be PART of the Order and not THE Order: this basicaly means no more one man army (Ezio and to an extent Connor), when I play AC1 I feel that Altair is part of something bigger, the Assassins looked strong and so did the Templars, since AC2 I feel that in every game the Order is falling into pieces and then the protagonist appears and "saves the day", maybe this is due to the fact that Altair answered to someone and the Order had a military feeling while in the other games the Order seems to be scattered in the whole city and didn't have a strong Mentor behind it, another thing that contribute to this is the recruit system, IMO if you decide to make a new game with an Order similar to AC1, the recruits should only be available in certain missions (and we shouldn't recruit more people, they should already be part of the Order);

04. economic system: make it simple like it was in AC2, IMO there's no reason to put more focus on it;

05. no more crafting: this or make it simple, and NEVER again put the same focus on it like you did in ACR;

06. less chases: THIS [1000x];

07. make the assassination contracts like they were in the previous games: IMO whoever decided that dumb down that feature was a good idea should be fired;

08. remove POINTLESS missions: AKA courier missions that have nothing to do with the main plot or at least put more work into them and give us a good reason (story) to make them;

09. interesting side missions: like the peg leg missions, but with a much better mission design, give us the same freedom we have in the cities instead of make them linear;

RinoTheBouncer
01-24-2013, 02:47 PM
To scrap the idea of co-op and multiplayer and replace it with real gameplay and storytelling that has a very long lasting appeal.

STDlyMcStudpants
01-25-2013, 07:55 AM
1. CO-OP, AND I DON'T MEAN WOLF PACK CO-OP. This would drastically improve the replay value and enjoyment out of AC games, to be able to play with a friend and tackle all the assassinations, side missions and challenges would make the game far more enjoyable. I am not saying remove the SP story, there should be an individual SP story. What I'm saying is have in the menu a co-op section which you could tackle three different ways; (1) you could forget about the animus and just have an open world where 2-3 people can play a co-op story together where it's in a different era/location then the SP story. This means that if AC4 is in India then the co-op experience could be in Japan or Egypt. (2) You could do the same thing as 1 but instead keep the animus and have 2 or 3 present day assassins in their own animi re-living their ancestors who were all part of a team. (3) Instead of having a long individual story only located in one location (this is the most interesting and challenging concept of the three) you could have the co-op experience based off of the recruit contracts that we have been doing in ACB, ACR, and AC3. For ACB we sent our recruits to Egypt, France, Italy, etc. doing missions. The co-op experience could be we play as recruits going on these missions. This would provide new locations and dlc opportunities for the players.

2. Customization, Customization, CUSTOMIZATION. I cannot say that enough, what we have in the game so far is horrible, and should not be looked at as "this what the players want". You can never have too much customization! I am going to explain relating to the co-op experience. Let's say that I'm playing with two of my other friends, and we are using the 3rd idea i mentioned in the co-op section. The assassin we pick should be the assassin we stay with. We shouldn't be limited to only have 3 characters to pick, but rather a section of different characters that have different ethnic backgrounds (African-American, Caucasian, Native-American, etc.) and gender as well. This would allow the player to be more immersed because they can pick their own gender and ethnic background. Moving on to the APPEARANCE of the assassin, there should be a few selections that we could pick, NOT just color. Maybe I want something similar to Altair’s outfit, while my two other friends want Ezio’s and Connor's. This doesn't mean just put the same outfits from the past game but rather have different style shirts, pants, hoods, and shoes. Maybe I want to be an assassin that wears Connor type shoes/boots and pants but instead have a sleeveless shirt with a hood. Give that option to the gamers. Moving on toWEAPON, it's cool that in the SP we play as an assassin that can use every single weapon like he has trained with it his entire life. But the co-op should NOT be like that, otherwise how would we be different from our friends that are playing or have a different experience when we play it again. There should be a class base selection when picking your assassin. Examples are an Archery, Poison, and bombs. If you pick archery then you get to use a bow but you can't use poison or any type of bomb, this includes smoke bombs and vice-versa for the other classes. This would provide a different experience depending on what class you pick and how many players are playing (2 or 3). I know class based system are very RPG-y but if done correctly then it would be an amazing addition to the co-op experience. Sorry but I’m going to add another RPG-ish element, which is skills. Again I know that AC isn't a RPG but that doesn't mean that it can't take things from different genres and add them into its features list to make the game more amazing. When I say skills I'm referring to something similar to the idea of the classes I mentioned. Our assassins, when playing co-op should not master everything. But instead should be okay with certain weapons but truly excel with others. Let's say that I pick the Archer which means one of my skills should be Archery of course, but what if I play the game mainly using only hand to hand and my hidden blades? Then wouldn't that mean that is what I prefer to use, so why not say that that is what my other skills would be as I continue the game. Of course in the co-op experience we would be starting as recruits and moving up to master assassin so why not at every level allow us to pick a skill that we would want to use that we are allowed to (meaning archer assassin can't pick a poison skill). So for hand to hand combat you could start off as a brawler and then improve your skills so that you can disarm, then to you can redirect attacks (like Ezio did in the ACR CGI trailer). Skill like that is what I'm referring to, which would then allow players that perhaps like using the dagger to have their own skills, strengths and weaknesses, that are different from those that they are playing with. Another Part of the customization would be where the weapons are located on our assassins, if I'm the Archery Assassin and only use my hands then I should have any weapons besides a bow and a quiver of arrows on my back. But if my friend is the bomb assassin it would be nice to see a belt of bombs that he can wear and if there is a belt maybe he wants the belt across his chest or on the waist. If he also uses a dagger, maybe he wants the dagger on his waist, leg, back (like Altair) or on his lower back like a ninja. There should be options to where we can put our weapons on our assassin as well.

3. WEIGHT, HEALTH, STEALTH, AND ANIMATIONS. Staring with weight if my assassin is only has a bow and no armor then shouldn't he be faster than my friends that have swords, daggers, and different pieces of armor on them? The amount of weapons you have on you should affect your speed when running, climbing, and fighting. Now if you have bombs on your chest, a sword on your back and a dagger on your leg don't you think the guards should be paying more attention to the person with all those weapons on their assassin more than a person that may only have a bow? I do. The amount of weapons and EVEN ARMOR should effect how guards interact with you; no normal person has a full set of armor and an arsenal of weapons on them. Guards should really constantly be watching a person that does. So notoriety should be affected with how many weapons you carry and your armor that you have on. I hit two birds with one stone there, knocked out both weight and stealth http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/smile.png. Now for animations and health, if I don't have any armor on then that would mean that if I’m hit by a sword, dagger or arrow I should take more damage than a friend that has more armor, right? Of course, so our health should also be affected by the amount of armor we have, which then would make the game more challenging for those that don't have any protection. But if you don't have armor then you move faster, so have animations that actually are different for those that don't have armor. Maybe a person with no armor or very little can do flips when vaulting over objects or even flip over guards like Ezio. While a person with a lot of armor could have animations that show it, for example if a person is playing with a lot of armor and gets into a fight a counter could show that he stops a sword with his arm gauntlet rather than dodging it.

4. SYNCHRONIZATION SYSTEM AND FREEDOM. I'm sorry but I think that the sync. system should be removed, why should a player have to do a certain mission the way you want them to? AC used to be about complete freedom when playing the game but now you want us to play the game a certain way. I know that you don't have to do the objectives for the sync. system and that's why it's called "optional objectives" but you have gamers that play AC and want to get everything in the game. Why should they have to change their play style, why not just let them play the way they want and just have some other way for us to obtain whatever it was you were going to give us for the completing the sync. system? I get you implemented it in order to make the game more challenging but that wasn't the way to go. Instead you made it more annoying at times rather than challenging. Why should I have to ram my boat into other boats? I don't want to purposely cause damage to my boat when I could just shoot the other boats. Why should I have to shoot the powder kegs I could take the enemies out even faster if I just use fire cannonballs and blow up the ship before it even gives me the option to shoot the powder kegs? These tasks limit the freedom we have and so does killing the target in a certain way. Maybe I don't want to kill a Templar by doing an air assassination, maybe I want to do a running assassination and then pull him down off his horse (metaphor: pull him down off his high horse) and stab him. It's kind of ironic that the game is about playing as assassins that fight for freedom and peace, key word is freedom. Yet you strip some of our freedom while playing the game.

5. SINGLE PLAYER SPECIFIC IMPROVEMENT. What I don't get is after 4 years of gamers asking for the ability to remove weapons there still isn't an option to remove weapons more easily. I disarmed a guard and took his sword thinking I could drop it after I kill him but instead Connor took it and put it on his waist, I think it's an ugly look. ESPECIALLY since there aren't any SHEATHS (put sheaths in the next game). I had to go buy a heavy weapon and then smash it into a guards head just so I could go back to only having the hidden blade and tomahawk.

6. STORY AND BROTHERHOOD. The one thing that I felt that was missed out in AC3 was the feeling of being part of a brotherhood. I understand that in the story it was mentioned that the assassins were almost wiped out but what actually happened? Connor and Achilles can't be the only assassins out there, why was it never mentioned? The thing I don't like is that even when we found the recruits they never felt like actual assassins. They never wore hoods, they didn't have assassin outfits, they weren't even inducted into the brotherhood really. They just said, "Hey i'll help". Then why in the beginning of the game does Charles Lee, and the other recruits of Haytham have hidden blades? they aren't Assassins so they shouldn't have it? Unless they took it from Assassins or were trained with them, you made them look like they were Master Assassins but they died like normal guards.

The problem with wanting customization is that this isn't a game about doing and being whatever we want..we are trying to sync memories. It wouldn't make since for us to make our character look any way we wanted. Know what I mean?
Unless you mean in just multiplayer. :D

STDlyMcStudpants
01-25-2013, 08:01 AM
To scrap the idea of co-op and multiplayer and replace it with real gameplay and storytelling that has a very long lasting appeal.

BOOM! I wouldn't mind getting rid of it either. No multi player and make them game 40 or 50 hrs instead of 30...cause lets be honest..multiplayer is fun for a day or 2..but it hardly feels like youre playing with real people.

DavisP92
01-25-2013, 08:06 PM
The problem with wanting customization is that this isn't a game about doing and being whatever we want..we are trying to sync memories. It wouldn't make since for us to make our character look any way we wanted. Know what I mean?
Unless you mean in just multiplayer. :D

I'm really referring to the possible co-op experience. The thing is in AC1 it was about tackling the situation the way we want and the reason we had a hood was not only for the game's story but it allowed us to picture ourselves as the character because we normally didn't see their face (outside of cut-scenes). They should stick to that, rather than changing the game so it's played as their character, we should play their story with our character.

Also who wants to play a GREAT co-op experience when both characters are exactly the same? I would like my assassin to look different and even fight differently than yours.

BOOM! I wouldn't mind getting rid of it either. No multi player and make them game 40 or 50 hrs instead of 30...cause lets be honest..multiplayer is fun for a day or 2..but it hardly feels like youre playing with real people.

Personally I don't care for the multiplayer, although they want to add sword and hand-to-hand combat so that'll be interesting. But I'd be happy if they gave up on the multiplayer and did co-op story instead. But that won't happen, we'll get all three hah.

Imagine AC4 SP in France or London, Co-op in Japan or Egypt, MP in both (co-op and SP locations).

STDlyMcStudpants
01-25-2013, 08:51 PM
To add on customization I honestly wouldn't even mind if they scrapped dying your clothes...I hate to not match the cut scenes and find it pretty pointless to do.
Cut the clutter (Lock pic system, dying clothes, bomb crafting, furniture making) and focus on the game play.
There's a reason I'm playing AC and not an Elder Scrolls type game..I DONT LIKE MIXING CRAP AND CRAFTING. If you want me to have certain bombs, just give em to me in a shop...ill go pick pocket and buy stop making me make things puhlease Ubi, please :'(

crash3
01-25-2013, 08:51 PM
Places and time periods I would like to see are:

Ancient Rome
Ancient Greece
Ancient Egypt
England during the Anglo-Saxon/Viking period
French Revolution
Feudal Japan
100 years war (England/france)

STDlyMcStudpants
01-25-2013, 08:57 PM
I'm really referring to the possible co-op experience. The thing is in AC1 it was about tackling the situation the way we want and the reason we had a hood was not only for the game's story but it allowed us to picture ourselves as the character because we normally didn't see their face (outside of cut-scenes). They should stick to that, rather than changing the game so it's played as their character, we should play their story with our character.

Also who wants to play a GREAT co-op experience when both characters are exactly the same? I would like my assassin to look different and even fight differently than yours.

Personally I don't care for the multiplayer, although they want to add sword and hand-to-hand combat so that'll be interesting. But I'd be happy if they gave up on the multiplayer and did co-op story instead. But that won't happen, we'll get all three hah.

Imagine AC4 SP in France or London, Co-op in Japan or Egypt, MP in both (co-op and SP locations).

I wouldnt mind AC 4 in Egypt but ubi said they wont do egypt or japan...As for france and london..I'm not ready to go back to cities yet..we had em for 4 games in a row, I wanna stick to the wilderness for just a game or 2 more :D

heyscottyjesus
01-25-2013, 09:00 PM
i want like a really cool amount of outfits and fast climbing and more outfits with mask

heyscottyjesus
01-25-2013, 09:04 PM
i dont want fights to hard though then you dont feel like the master assassin

Assassin_M
01-25-2013, 09:06 PM
i dont want fights to hard though then you dont feel like the master assassin
You know ?? The only problem with this franchise is people calling the fighting hard.....I`ll tell you something....My 10 year old brother finished the game and called it easy....what does that make you ?

heyscottyjesus
01-25-2013, 09:08 PM
i want it to have armor just not have it break and i want mask on some of the armors i thought that was cool

STDlyMcStudpants
01-25-2013, 09:18 PM
You know ?? The only problem with this franchise is people calling the fighting hard.....I`ll tell you something....My 10 year old brother finished the game and called it easy....what does that make you ?

Lol you have to admit though, at times fighting may get frustrating..I'm not going to say I'm the greatest AC player ever..I'm fairly skilled but in some of the forts in AC 3 i found myself climbing up building walls to assassinate because I was so over whelmed with the amount of people. I had too fight off. AC always has a variety of difficulty level in their guards, they improve every year. I'm seeing less and less of the annoying blocking guards and seeing the improvement with faster guards that have insanely deadly weapons. Like the guy with a kilt. :D he's a B word lol
I think They are going in the right direction, I like feeling like a monster..I don't want to be like the dude in condemned that is equally matched to everyone..that's when a game gets frustrating and you start thinking UGH i wish this game was over already.
In every assassins creed (except for the first one ;D ) I never wanted it to end! And I think the ease of a hot sword slicing through buttery guards is what makes the game so enjoyable, I personally don't look for challenge in Assassins Creed, but for fun and adventure.

Assassin_M
01-25-2013, 09:24 PM
Lol you have to admit though, at times fighting may get frustrating..I'm not going to say I'm the greatest AC player ever..I'm fairly skilled but in some of the forts in AC 3 i found myself climbing up building walls to assassinate because I was so over whelmed with the amount of people. I had too fight off. AC always has a variety of difficulty level in their guards, they improve every year. I'm seeing less and less of the annoying blocking guards and seeing the improvement with faster guards that have insanely deadly weapons. Like the guy with a kilt. :D he's a B word lol
I think They are going in the right direction, I like feeling like a monster..I don't want to be like the dude in condemned that is equally matched to everyone..that's when a game gets frustrating and you start thinking UGH i wish this game was over already.
In every assassins creed (except for the first one ;D ) I never wanted it to end! And I think the ease of a hot sword slicing through buttery guards is what makes the game so enjoyable, I personally don't look for challenge in Assassins Creed, but for fun and adventure.
No I wont admit. I never felt ANY challenge fighting, let alone difficulty.....it is EXTREMELY easy. Challenge IS fun. What do us people, who actually had challenge in AC I, do ?? I mean......it had a fair amount of challenge, at least more than now, it was not always crap easy.... D:

DavisP92
01-25-2013, 09:39 PM
I wouldnt mind AC 4 in Egypt but ubi said they wont do egypt or japan...As for france and london..I'm not ready to go back to cities yet..we had em for 4 games in a row, I wanna stick to the wilderness for just a game or 2 more :D

I remember Alex saying that, and technically he doesn't really have the final say. The ceo could just say do what i want, which is what he has been doing with AC. And if he doesn't want to be on board, then let him do something else and get Patrice or Jade Raymond to do it.

I do think that staying with the wilderness is a great thing, but it shouldn't just be wilderness. A good combination of city/wilderness is required. People weren't happy with the cities in AC3

Lol you have to admit though, at times fighting may get frustrating..I'm not going to say I'm the greatest AC player ever..I'm fairly skilled but in some of the forts in AC 3 i found myself climbing up building walls to assassinate because I was so over whelmed with the amount of people.

No I wont admit. I never felt ANY challenge fighting, let alone difficulty.....it is EXTREMELY easy. Challenge IS fun. What do us people, who actually had challenge in AC I, do ?? I mean......it had a fair amount of challenge, at least more than now, it was not always crap easy.... D:

Agreeing with M here, AC has always been TOO easy. It could have been a better game if they stuck with the original idea (physics wise, escape gameplay, and difficulty) but rather than dying in one hit, make it two or three.

STDlyMcStudpants
01-25-2013, 10:02 PM

Honestly I thought AC 1 was the easiest, you could block or reverse anything with ease and every opponent was equal in strength..sure some targets were harder to get to (you had to climb to get to them..which of course it being your first ac game would seem hard)..but just as easy to kill as any other guard and you could skip information missions that you didnt want to do
I however did find the ending fight with the apple to be difficulltish.
In my honest opinion I believe the games got harder and harder every year overall with mission completion AC 3 might have been a tad bit easier than brotherhood :P but a lot harder than ac 1 or 2, ..chases for example got pretty frustrating! :D

Assassin_M
01-25-2013, 10:07 PM
Honestly I thought AC 1 was the easiest, you could block or reverse anything with ease and every opponent was equal in strength..sure some targets were harder to get to (you had to climb to get to them..which of course it being your first ac game would seem hard)..but just as easy to kill as any other guard and you could skip information missions that you didnt want to do
I however did find the ending fight with the apple to be difficulltish.
In my honest opinion I believe the games got harder and harder every year overall with mission completion AC 3 might have been a tad bit easier than brotherhood :P but a lot harder than ac 1 or 2, ..chases for example got pretty frustrating! :D
All guards had the same strength ? Are you sure you`re talking about AC I ??

STDlyMcStudpants
01-25-2013, 10:13 PM
All guards had the same strength ? Are you sure you`re talking about AC I ??

Yes, minus of course the templar knights. they took a little maneuverability to defeat.

Assassin_M
01-25-2013, 10:15 PM
Yes, minus of course the templar knights. they took a little maneuverability to defeat.
Well Yes the Knights needed a bit of skill, but....AC I had ranks of guards actually and each rank had an ability, increased strength and more efficient and varied sword swings...

STDlyMcStudpants
01-25-2013, 10:25 PM
Well Yes the Knights needed a bit of skill, but....AC I had ranks of guards actually and each rank had an ability, increased strength and more efficient and varied sword swings...

Really?? I didn't even notice that lol. I played the downloadable version that came with Revelations..was it different in any way?
Then again swords also have different stats :D..and we both know how much an improvement you feel from one sword to the next lol

Assassin_M
01-25-2013, 10:28 PM
Really?? I didn't even notice that lol. I played the downloadable version that came with Revelations..was it different in any way?
Then again swords also have different stats :D..and we both know how much an improvement you feel from one sword to the next lol
I played both actually. The Disc and add on. Both were quite the same, how did you miss it ?? xD

Sickull
01-26-2013, 01:56 AM
I want assassination contracts to have a back story like they had in the Ezio games.

Berillions
01-28-2013, 10:57 PM
For AC4, I want euh... a native version for Linux... :o

RinoTheBouncer
01-29-2013, 12:03 AM
Story-wise, I want a story that takes place in prehistoric times or even the First Civilization times "Turning the dial back to the beginning".

Gameplay-wise, I wanna be able to visit multiple continents and have more gameplay in the modern world with less linearity and it's good to have a long introductory phase of the game like ACIII but I love it if the rest of the game will be stronger, something like ACII and AC:R. I loved how ACIII had a very promising intro but then the real thing came and the game maintained the same slow/cold pace that I just desperately wait for the next Desmond level to begin.

Sturnz0r
01-29-2013, 10:29 PM

it doesn't really matter how many guards there are.. it is far too easy.. i have only gotten hit by a brute axe once.. to see how much damage it would do... connor is wayyyy OverPowered.

max four rounds per reload, smoke, poison darts, bow, snares, bombs with snares, bow, bombs being able to counter kill anyone is far
However.. people shouldn't complain about inventory as it is their choice to use it or not...

the people that want to disarm him make me lol... who cares if he doesn't look aesthetically pleasing as an assassin.. it's a game, and he is a native, so he stands out anyway

regarding co-op... I'd want to see the co op happen in the same story as single player (optional, obv)... as well as maybe in a far away land with a different plot. a la splinter cell conviction co-op

easternunit100
01-29-2013, 11:27 PM
I like the Assassins creed series

infamous_ezio
01-30-2013, 10:41 AM
A well thought out, consistent story.

wackywaffles2
01-30-2013, 11:29 AM
Triple hidden blades....

ZeSpecter
01-30-2013, 12:43 PM
I want so see Ezio again, but that's not going to happen xD
I agree with most of your points except I would like them to keep the lockpicking.

crash3
01-30-2013, 02:05 PM
I know this is very picky but I would like to see a limit on the amount of supplies and weapons you can carry at any one time so that you have to prepare for your missions more throroughly and pick your targets more carefully.

e.g.
Bullets: 15 max
Arrows: 5 max
Throwing knives: 5 max
Poison darts: 10 max
Smoke Bombs: 3 max

I felt in AC3 that Connor looked like a living Arsenal dealing out death. No matter what time period you live in, you're definitely going to look suspicious carrying that many weapons around, I mean come on, Connor had a sword, a tomahawk, a dagger, a bow and arrows, two pistols and bullets and rope darts and smoke bombs all at the same time!!

There should be more customization before each mission, you get the mission description, then you choose your weapons and supplies according to that.

What are your thoughts? :)

DavisP92
01-30-2013, 02:20 PM
I know this is very picky but I would like to see a limit on the amount of supplies and weapons you can carry at any one time so that you have to prepare for your missions more throroughly and pick your targets more carefully.

e.g.

I felt in AC3 that Connor looked like a living Arsenal dealing out death. No matter what time period you live in, you're definitely going to look suspicious carrying that many weapons around, I mean come on, Connor had a sword, a tomahawk, a dagger, a bow and arrows, two pistols and bullets and rope darts and smoke bombs all at the same time!!

There should be more customization before each mission, you get the mission description, then you choose your weapons and supplies according to that.

I agree, that's one of the reason why I want customization/weight system. If we get to pick what weapons we carry, it would be great if we get to pick where the weapons are located on our character too. Rather than having every weapon on the waist, (keeping co-op in mind) one friend has a sword,the rope dart, and a gun. The sword is on his back, rope dart on his waist and gun in his coat. The 2nd friend has a dagger and throwing knives the dagger is on his back like Altair had his and the throwing knives could be on his arms/legs/waist/shoulders etc. And the third friend my just want to have the bow so he or she runs around with only that (of course everyone has hidden blades).

In that situation that's where I think weight should play a role, if the first friend should be the slowest because he is carrying more than the other two, and etc.

OmegaRomik
01-31-2013, 08:45 PM
The only company that includes mexicans is RS, i want mexicans. and not the mexicans what the most US media portrays either.

lothario-da-be
01-31-2013, 08:48 PM

e.g.

LOL Connor a living arsenal?Compare him to Ezio in revelations

moppie123
02-01-2013, 02:37 AM
I want to see harder to fight enemies so it's worth the fight and more drama like buildings collapsing way more battles.

ToughGuy31
02-01-2013, 03:26 AM
I want investigations and freedom back, but more varied. I don't want 80% of the story to be cut scenes.

Mr.Nightmares
02-02-2013, 04:33 AM
Timemachine is good .

Assassin_M
02-02-2013, 04:35 AM
Timemachine is good .
Nooo...time machine bad....very bad....bad bad........bbbbb............bbbbb.............b... .bad.......It`s time to DUE-

OK wrong show :|

AdamPearce
02-02-2013, 05:28 AM
Are the developpers actually gonna read this ?

Combat:
-More combos with from different types, not just block, attack.
-Return of the dodges, they where present in AC2, if you could put them back and upgrade them it would be nice.
-More blood, broken bones, etc.
-More animations types, I mean, not just hit the face or the chest, put all the body.
-Make each part of the PNJ individual. For exemple, if I shot a PNJ in the left leg, he can't move with. They are actually no game with this system and it would be a great advantage for you.
-Free scope with gun and bow.
-Possibility to roll to dodge, make it manual, not automatic.
-Possibility of using the weapons an other PNJ to kill one.
-Put QTE in the double blocks animation.

Gameplay:
-More epic assassination, just like said before, I want to know about my target her moves, when she sleeps, when she goes out, when she ****ed. I thougth you could make some target moves from a cty to another, and than we would have to track it by making survey like in AC1.
-A better infiltration mode, ask Jade Raymond, I'm sure she'll accept to help you.
-Game design open to the steahlthy and brutal way, lest us have the choice.
-Manual crounch and covert.
-More developt free run, more than just one button. That would permit to have a more complex running system.
-More interactive environment, I want do something with everything I see. From the tomato to the mousquet.
-Obstacles run, like some parkour spot where we could go to do epic tricks.
-Fix the Horse, please, it's a lack since the first game, please fix it.
-Fix the bug with the aerian assassination. Connor automaticly uses the HB and kill both guards from a certain high even if you lock the target and selectionnate your weapons.
-Shot in the bow when we are in the air, like a bullet time with the Eagle Vision, it would be just epic!
-Possibility to kill the general on their horse like in the trailer with the tomahawk.
-More air assassination animation.
-Make the air assassination more strong, I don't feel like Connor fall one everyone.
-More tree synchronisation points, but different types.

Assassination:
-More develops targets.
-Much much more planification. I want to planify my attack all by my self, just like in the first AC1 (I find that AC1 was had the bests assassination missions)
-Lots of possibility to kill the target, poison, rope, block on the head, acid baril, etc.
-Open mission, just like I said before, go ask Jade Raymond, she exactly knows what I mean.
-Sentiment of tracking someone, chasing him.

Hunting:
-Take off the QTE.
-Make combos againts the animals, just like we haves against the guards.
-Makes different way to kill an animal.
-Possibility to mask our smell.
-Use the QTE ONLY to dodge an attack (like in the trailer).

Mission design:
-More Hollywood scene with explosion and all.
-Less useless cutscnes.
-Different types of missions.
-Open missions, which would permit use to play stealhty or brutal.
-Let the action for the game and the blabla for the cutscenes, not the reverse.
-Make us move, like we begging the mission in the south of the City and we finish it on a mountain of the Frontier.

Story:
-More explication on wtf his happening.
-Make every character very important, in AC3 it seems they are all secondary. They definitely needs more working.
-Use everything you have, in AC3, you skipped so many things, the Sons of Liberty, the Francs-Maçons, Washington an the Apple, Daniel Cross, Vidic, Desmond, Subject 16! All those elements of the univers that gives you sooooooooooooo much opportunities that you just throw in the garbage!
-Use your Anvil Next to remake the events. I checked and they were 60 Sons of Liberty during the BTP, we are only three person in the game. They're was a big crownd in the Boston Massacre, why don't you show it ? Or the epic battle taht you just skip. I was dreaming about running in the battlefield trought enemy lines with the explosion everywhere.

Graphics:
-Fix the shadows, they're are really horrible (I'm talking abour the border of them).
-Don't ever put white screen for Loading, it destroy you after one hour,seriously.

That'sit, fix this and AC4 will be the best game ever made. ;)

AdamPearce
02-02-2013, 05:32 AM
Oh and I forgot, more weapons skins and much much much much more outfits will be appreciate.

Also, take off the economy system and replace by troc, it's more simple. And I also like the idea of custumisation/weigth, that would be real nice and more advanced. But still, don't make of AC an Splinter Cell of Time.

lothario-da-be
02-02-2013, 01:23 PM

Combat:
-Return of the dodges, they where present in AC2, if you could put them back and upgrade them it would be nice.
-More animations types, I mean, not just hit the face or the chest, put all the body.
-Make each part of the PNJ individual. For exemple, if I shot a PNJ in the left leg, he can't move with. They are actually no game with this system and it would be a great advantage for you.

Gameplay:
-More epic assassination, just like said before, I want to know about my target her moves, when she sleeps, when she goes out, when she ****ed. I thougth you could make some target moves from a cty to another, and than we would have to track it by making survey like in AC1.
-A better infiltration mode, ask Jade Raymond, I'm sure she'll accept to help you.
-More developt free run, more than just one button. That would permit to have a more complex running system.
-More interactive environment, I want do something with everything I see. From the tomato to the mousquet.
-Fix the bug with the aerian assassination. Connor automaticly uses the HB and kill both guards from a certain high even if you lock the target and selectionnate your weapons.
-Shot in the bow when we are in the air, like a bullet time with the Eagle Vision, it would be just epic!
-Possibility to kill the general on their horse like in the trailer with the tomahawk.
-Make the air assassination more strong, I don't feel like Connor fall one everyone.

Assassination:
-More develops targets.
-Much much more planification. I want to planify my attack all by my self, just like in the first AC1 (I find that AC1 was had the bests assassination missions)
-Lots of possibility to kill the target, poison, rope, block on the head, acid baril, etc.
-Open mission, just like I said before, go ask Jade Raymond, she exactly knows what I mean.

Hunting:
-Take off the QTE.

Mission design:
-Less useless cutscnes.
-Make us move, like we begging the mission in the south of the City and we finish it on a mountain of the Frontier.

Story:
-Make every character very important, in AC3 it seems they are all secondary. They definitely needs more working.
-Use everything you have, in AC3, you skipped so many things, the Sons of Liberty, the Francs-Maçons, Washington an the Apple, Daniel Cross, Vidic, Desmond, Subject 16! All those elements of the univers that gives you sooooooooooooo much opportunities that you just throw in the garbage!
-Use your Anvil Next to remake the events. I checked and they were 60 Sons of Liberty during the BTP, we are only three person in the game. They're was a big crownd in the Boston Massacre, why don't you show it ? Or the epic battle taht you just skip. I was dreaming about running in the battlefield trought enemy lines with the explosion everywhere.

Graphics:
-Fix the shadows, they're are really horrible (I'm talking abour the border of them).
-Don't ever put white screen for Loading, it destroy you after one hour,seriously.

That'sit, fix this and AC4 will be the best game ever made. ;)
If you want the devs to read this post it in the feedback thread.
While most of your points are valid i srtongly disagree with some.The more Hollywood thing with explosions? No not in ac, if it happens just a few times i'am ok with it because its special then. But too much of this and it will feel like Drake's creed.

dxsxhxcx
02-02-2013, 01:57 PM
more Hollywoodian scenarios IMO means more linearity because that's the way they found to take advantage of it

roostersrule2
02-02-2013, 02:02 PM
more Hollywoodian scenarios IMO means more linearity because that's the way they found to take advantage of itI think important missions should be Hollywood-esque and the others really open.

dxsxhxcx
02-02-2013, 02:49 PM
I think important missions should be Hollywood-esque and the others really open.

I disagree, IMO the exageration this Hollywood-esque missions brings to the game totally break the immersion for me, I can live with TWCB, POEs, Animus (as long they don't make the animus change the past and find a way to avoid its limitations) and all that because they're presented to the player in such detailed way that it makes these scenarios be believable enough to happen in the game universe, but when I see the character facing extreme situations and surpassing all of them as if they were a common thing to do before breakfast this ejects me from the immersive experience I was having until that moment and makes me see the character as the typical hero we see in movies...

that's the reason why IMO Altair is (and probably will always be) the best character this franchise already had, (as far as I can remember) he didn't cross the line of realism that would've turned him into a typical hero.

of course this is just a matter of opinion...

roostersrule2
02-02-2013, 02:55 PM
I disagree, IMO the exageration this Hollywood-esque missions brings to the game totally break the immersion for me, I can live with TWCB, POEs, Animus (as long they don't make the animus change the past and find a way to avoid its limitations) and all that because they're presented to the player in such detailed way that it makes these scenarios be believable enough to happen in the game universe, but when I see the character facing extreme situations and surpassing all of them as if they were a common thing to do before breakfast this ejects me from the immersive experience I was having until that moment and makes me see the character as the typical hero we see in movies...

that's the reason why IMO Altair is (and probably will always be) the best character this franchise already had, (as far as I can remember) he didn't cross the line of realism that would've turned him into a typical hero.

of course this is just a matter of opinion...But those moments of badassery can turn into one of those really memorable moments.

Sushiglutton
02-02-2013, 02:57 PM
@Adam Pearce: Awesome post :)! Many of the things are stuff I'm also lobbying for! Somewhat more complex freerunning, more interactive enviroments, more open missions, improved horses, free-aim and so on. Sweet!

Edit: About Hollywood stuff: I don't mind some explosions or big setpieces etc as long as the player is still in control. And I mean full control, no cutscenes and no QTE. I thought the town bombardment in the bunker hill segment was pretty cool and that peg-leg mission with a burning fort was also neat, even though they both were way too linear. But yeeah not in every mission.

roostersrule2
02-02-2013, 03:07 PM

Combat:

Gameplay:

Assassination:
-More develops targets.

Hunting:
-Take off the QTE.

Mission design:
-Less useless cutscnes.

Story:

Graphics:

That'sit, fix this and AC4 will be the best game ever made. ;)You do realise Fallout/RDR both have systems that actually recognise where enemies are shot and have realistic effects.

PedroAntonio2
02-02-2013, 05:02 PM
What I want to next AC Games ;

- Naval Missions. They are so awesome =D .
- Hunting back
- Tree and mountains climbing back
- Better crafting system. What is the point in having a lot of trouble in creating the best weapons in the game, if you are only going to use them after finishing the game ?
- More difficult animal fighting,like bears. The animals are too easy to kill ,it could be like Red Dead or Far Cry 3 that you fear the animals, you know if you don't use the right weapon a Tiger or a bear can kill you in second. And in AC3 is too easy to kill animals with QTE
- Please, don't do that boring prequels sequences anymore. I like playing with Haytham, but ONLY IN THE FIRST TIME I played the game, but playing the storyline for a second time and having to do all Prequel mission ? Please...no.
- Don't make 5 Sequences anymore just to show how the character became an Assassin, why couldn't you do just like with Ezio ? In one mission he got his outfit and weapons and became an Assassin after that. But no....in AC3 you did 5 sequences to show how play the submissions, like Naval,crafting itens, how to finish you Notoriety ( worst part in the game is going to Boston for the first time with Connor ) and how to play around in underground missions.
- Return with that aim in the bombs. In ACR we got that useless bomb-crafting, but at leat you done something that waited for year...aim with your bombs. But in AC3 you screwed with that and put that throw in the ground back.
- More Modern Days missions. And, please...don't make everyone get hyped by a character just to kill him in a horrible way without exploring him ( Daniel Cross, one of the msot disappointing things in the series ever)
- GLYPHS....MUST...RETURN!

AdamPearce
02-02-2013, 05:26 PM
Well, when I said that I would like more Hollywood mission, I was thinking like the Bunker Hill mission, with every thing blowing up or the final mission in AC Brotherhood. Open mission, with an Hollywood environment. But yeah the Captain Kidd mission where really epic, and I like the boat one, when every thing falls up and we have to save our ***. I wasn't mind of like jumping out a flying plane in the middle of the Rub' al-Kali desert and than walk for days and find a little village regorged of enemies and...you know, not a Uncharted Game, but more like the next Tomb Raider. Hard situation that fills you up with adrenaline and excitation and in the same time makes you blow you're mind with explosion and all of this.

AdamPearce
02-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Sory I didn't play Fallout games. And in RDR, actually when you shot the hand of an ennemy, he lost his gun, but he will used it again later. And if you shot him the leg, he will fall on the ground and gets up. Here I am speaking of complete selective damage concept. Like the one of Fallout, but more pushed and without a slow motion menu.

lothario-da-be
02-02-2013, 06:46 PM
RDR is the KING of this generation, one does not simply beat RDR, i still love ac more as a franchise.But RDR is a way better game.

Tss_Zoro
02-13-2013, 05:21 AM
I agree with the fact that there should be limits, but you should also have more choices then. The rope darts were a nice touch, they have some pretty cool counters and the air assassinations (predator moves) with them are pretty cool, but the dual wielding wasn't quite as impressive, especially since it limits you to only dual wielding when if you look on the description of the flint lock pistol, it says that most people would carry two or three due to the time it took to reload after each round fired. Plus in Creed 3 there seems to be a glitch that keeps reverting your right pistol (if dual wielding) back to the pitcairn pistol every time you fast travel.

Bullet limit of 15 seems fair enough, but keep the double barrel pistol for "sticky situations".
I like having a few extra arrows, especially when hunting fox and elk because they tend to sense you before you can get a lethal shot off on them, so i think 5 is a little light, especially since his quiver could hold 10 or so and he would appear to be just an average hunter. It would also be interesting if you could choose to wield a musket instead of your bow, and if you could 1st person aim would also be very nice. The only major downfall to having a musket would be that it would be straying off the regular path of creed and may invoke distaste for the game from those who enjoy the close quarters combat and the stealth of the bow and arrow.
Throwing knives should be more effective, but 5 is a good number. Not too many to the point that you look like a porcupine, but not too few that if you have 3 enemies at medium range you're SOL.
Poison darts can come in handy quite often and 10 seems fair enough. But they should be more of a stealth weapon. It seems like every time I use a poison dart, one of the guards, even if they aren't even looking in my direction, notice me and are immediately attacking me for throwing a nearly invisible dart at an unsuspecting enemy.
Smoke bombs can be very nice, but they should have a little wider range of effect. 3 may even be to many in this case, 2 would likely suffice unless they were made extremely powerful with a wide range of effect.
You bring up a great point about all the weapons being way too much! And very few of the weapons are even concealed (excluding: rope darts, smoke bombs, and poison darts) a tomahawk, bow and arrow, pistols, and rope darts would suffice just fine. And it would be nice if you could customize your outfit before each mission, not that it be mandatory, but just that it be optional e.g. (RB/R1= customize outfit)

Great ideas, I had never thought of limiting the supplies before, making it more challenging and more unique to each player.

Th3Aw3som3On31
02-13-2013, 07:18 AM
As I've said before. I want an awesome, fun, exciting, visually appealing, intriguing story, developed characters, interesting plot, and excellent quality in the next AC. Or perhaps near future games. I do not care which setting it is in, or country, etc. I just want an amazingly fun game.