PDA

View Full Version : which numbered title's story did you enjoy the most?

ajl992008
01-21-2013, 02:07 PM
so I made one poll on which story people liked more, acb or acr so i thought it would be great to have on based on the numbered titles, each numbered title showed us the beginning of each assassin, ezio, altair and connor so i guess what this poll is asking is which game best began the story of their character? answer the poll and say why below :)

Felix-Vivo
01-21-2013, 02:30 PM
Connor just had overall a more engaging story for me. I loved his interactions with Haytham, too.

ajl992008
01-21-2013, 03:22 PM
Connor just had overall a more engaging story for me. I loved his interactions with Haytham, too.

i agree, in terms of the beginning of an assassins story connors was definitely the best. he was done so well, ezio was great in ac2 and altair was ok in ac1 but both of their stories were only properly fleshed out by revelations, thats why i think the next game if with connor will be amazing if done correctly

Sn1p3r-28
01-21-2013, 03:51 PM
AC2 by far.

Megas_Doux
01-21-2013, 03:56 PM
Haytham.........

Sn1p3r-28
01-21-2013, 04:02 PM
Haytham was an interesting character. I'd love to see a game based upon his early life and how he turned to be a templar. It would be a different perspective on the Assassin's Creed universe.

IronEagl3
01-21-2013, 04:24 PM
I was thinking of voting for AC1 over AC3. It kicks all the other AC games in the arse when it comes to atmosphere. The music of each city, Masyaf, and the Kingdom are great. The music that played when you got into a fight was intense, and the song that played after you assassinated a target was intense, epic, and made you actually feel like you were running for your life. It gave a feeling that no other AC game will probably ever provide.

AC3 on the other hand had outstanding gameplay, graphics, and the story was rather depressing, which of course makes it much more interesting. The atmosphere for the cities were very similar to each other and were quite boring. The frontier was excellent. The hunting was my favorite part of the entire game. Really though, in the end, the only reason AC3 comes head to head with AC1 is because its gameplay and side missions were amazing. The story of course was great. It was so sad in the end that I couldn't play AC3 for a few days due to my depression :P

AC2 was good, but meh. Bad graphics and atrocious fighting system. The music was no doubt the bests the other games by a long shot. The atmosphere once again didn't really touch my heart. Venice maybe a little bit, for a while, but just faded. I hated the vibe of Florence. The city had an orange-ish color and the architecture was boring and too similar to the other buildings around it. (A good thing btw what AC3 had was different looking houses and buildings). Forli's city was boring, but the swampy country side was nice, I liked it. Tuscany was only good for it's tall towers and grabbing archers from the ledge.

poptartz20
01-21-2013, 04:29 PM
AC3 for me, I feel that the characters are well thought out, and I'm a huge fan of the time period.

Toa TAK
01-21-2013, 07:00 PM
Definitely 3, than 1.

I-Like-Pie45
01-21-2013, 07:02 PM
Haytham was an interesting character. I'd love to see a game based upon his early life and how he turned to be a templar. It would be a different perspective on the Assassin's Creed universe.

They have a tie-in novel called AC: Forsaken for that.

Assassin_M
01-21-2013, 07:11 PM
AC II sucks

AC III and AC I are on the same level for me, but I voted for AC III because of the plot twist..

SixKeys
01-21-2013, 08:32 PM
Ac2.

Sushiglutton
01-21-2013, 08:46 PM
AC2 for me. I enjoyed following Ezio from literary a baby (best tutorial ever?) to a grown up Assassin. The Godfather like story of revenge was rich and dramatic and I enjoyed following it throughout. There were some fantastic moments like when you climb the church with your brother, when you climbed Palazzo Vecchio to find your father, and the sixteenth chapel ofc. The fact that the enemies were more cartoonishly evil didn't bother me at all. Personally I prefer a more straightforward story in that way. AC2 just clicked :D!

Soulid_Snake
01-21-2013, 09:14 PM
Both AC2 and 3!

POP1Fan
01-21-2013, 09:37 PM
AC1... just great. A story of redemption, maturity and very strong characterization.

ajl992008
01-21-2013, 10:43 PM
very interesting results so far, based on this we could argue that story telling is improving with each release, I cant wait the the eventual next chapter in connors story, but this time i want the entire game connor, haytham was great but took away from connor a little, the next one needs to be a good length to flesh connors character out further.