PDA

View Full Version : AC 3 PC MP lobby availability

TurtleOne_
01-20-2013, 11:48 PM
I consider buying AC 3 for PC. I got i7 so I don't worry about fps probs. Anyway, how is searching for games @ AC 3 ? Is assassination, domination, wanted, deathmatch and manhunt all populated ? Or wait time is above 2-3 minutes for any of these gamemodes ? I'm a Brotherhood player so I'm not worried about waiting TOO long for a lobby lol.

Anykeyer
01-21-2013, 08:04 AM
It depends on time. Maximum I saw is 50 sessions for FFA and 40 for team modes and 1 for DLC maps (LOL). Minimum is around 20/10/0. But even with 50 sessions it sometimes takes up to 3 minutes to actually connect to a session, especially if you just press "play now" (I dont know why but searching for specific mode is faster in AC3). I have green/open NAT and good connection with no packet loss btw.

TurtleOne_
01-21-2013, 03:45 PM
"play now" function always did not work properly, so I'm not surprised. So I see there is no problems with availability, I may buy a game soon then.

YazX_
01-21-2013, 05:10 PM
Dont buy it for MP, its full of bugs and glitches especially in sessions searching, the game literally gets ****** when searching for sessions when you are in group and always throw you to different modes you didnt select (This is the brilliant implementation of Ubisoft so you dont wait longer and also this is bugged as hell).and because you are ACB player, you will be very very very mad about the behavior of MP, it has been changed since ACR and kept as is and noone likes it, and ofcourse ubisoft is doing nothing to change it. so my advise to you, dont, stay on ACB if you can find players there.

TurtleOne_
01-21-2013, 05:54 PM
well, I actually have problems finding a game, only wanted is available most of time, you can sometimes get to assassination after 10 minutes... SOMETIMES...

YazX_
01-22-2013, 09:19 AM
if you are a Manhunt guy like me, you will be very disappointed in AC3, Ubi ruined this mode completely with ridiculous overpowered abilities like Shield and massive cooldown times for other abilities, mute is gone, loss streak will not trigger if u had one stun,........ , i no longer play it and switched to domination which is good, but i still miss Manhunt.

Anykeyer
01-22-2013, 10:55 AM
Excuse me, but I have to disagree with you. AC3 MH is the best MH reiteration so far. Its even better than ACB MH. And your points are exactly why its so good.
The best thing to happen is changed loss streak mechanic. You lose whatever loss streak you have after stun, not only kills as it was in previous games. No more stupid boost cooldowns abuse which only encourages running after your pursuers all the time. Also this means other loss streaks became usefull, for example I tested x2 and with some luck I managed to get more than 2k for 1 stun+escape.
2nd best thing - smoke bomb got a huge increase in cooldown, so its even harder to rely on old stupid approach - run and smoke.
The fact you complain about shield just shows how much you rely on that clutch bomb. For example shield does not help vs disguise or clever use of decoy at all. It only works vs those who obviosly try to smoke and stun without even trying to use social stealth aspect of the game.
And 3rd best thing - mute and charge removal. Both abilities were the best second choice for SB and old MH (especially ACR) playstyle, Because they allowed to stun pursuer on the run. Mute were especially too good in combination with SB because in ACR you could compensate SB's low range by getting your first stun with mute, then drop SB before mute ends.

Im not even talking about more "game-wide" changes like merged kill+stun button. I got a lot of hidden+focus+incognito kills by using disguise, much more fun than using OSB. And it works even vs prestiged players now if you know how to properly approach targets when disguised.

ACB MH metagame - hide untill pursuers get to you then stun them, usually by stunlocking poor noobs in circles. Pursuers usually need at least one detection ability to not wander around morphed targets like fools.
ACR MH metagame - run to pursuers as soon as game starts, get loss streak, stunlock by using rapidly recharging abilities. Pursuers dont need detection abilities whatsoever, instead they need abilities to combat agressive targets.
AC3 MH metagame - almost like ACB with the only exception that almost every target uses different set (and not mute+SB+reset)
You can still score big in AC3 MH defensive round (my best is 9k in team of randoms, often I get at least 6k), so scores are not a problem at all if thats why you dont like it.

TurtleOne_
01-22-2013, 03:54 PM
I'm mainly Wanted player, and was starting to play Assassination more, but I found 2 lobbies in past 2 weeks... That's why I want to buy AC 3. And I just played with player having sb + mute. He used SB first, when he did not hit me with it, he used mute and stunned me... This is kinda lame... I saw some videos of AC 3, and I like changes they made. I was just wondering if it's not full of glitches on PC and whether I would find a lobby in Deathmatch/Wanted/Assassination and sometimes Domination for fun. I see answer is positive, so imma consider buying AC 3 soon. Thanks for answers. And btw, loss streak after a stun is actually a good choice. I joined a game of Brotherhood with like 4 minutes left, scored 1 kill, 2 stuns and trigerred my x2 loss streak bonus. I got 1600 points for a kill and ended at 2nd position. Seems balanced.

YazX_
01-23-2013, 12:23 AM
Excuse me, but I have to disagree with you. AC3 MH is the best MH reiteration so far. Its even better than ACB MH. And your points are exactly why its so good.The best thing to happen is changed loss streak mechanic. You lose whatever loss streak you have after stun, not only kills as it was in previous games. No more stupid boost cooldowns abuse which only encourages running after your pursuers all the time. Also this means other loss streaks became usefull, for example I tested x2 and with some luck I managed to get more than 2k for 1 stun+escape. 2nd best thing - smoke bomb got a huge increase in cooldown, so its even harder to rely on old stupid approach - run and smoke.The fact you complain about shield just shows how much you rely on that clutch bomb. For example shield does not help vs disguise or clever use of decoy at all. It only works vs those who obviosly try to smoke and stun without even trying to use social stealth aspect of the game.And 3rd best thing - mute and charge removal. Both abilities were the best second choice for SB and old MH (especially ACR) playstyle, Because they allowed to stun pursuer on the run. Mute were especially too good in combination with SB because in ACR you could compensate SB's low range by getting your first stun with mute, then drop SB before mute ends.Im not even talking about more "game-wide" changes like merged kill+stun button. I got a lot of hidden+focus+incognito kills by using disguise, much more fun than using OSB. And it works even vs prestiged players now if you know how to properly approach targets when disguised.ACB MH metagame - hide untill pursuers get to you then stun them, usually by stunlocking poor noobs in circles. Pursuers usually need at least one detection ability to not wander around morphed targets like fools.ACR MH metagame - run to pursuers as soon as game starts, get loss streak, stunlock by using rapidly recharging abilities. Pursuers dont need detection abilities whatsoever, instead they need abilities to combat agressive targets.AC3 MH metagame - almost like ACB with the only exception that almost every target uses different set (and not mute+SB+reset)You can still score big in AC3 MH defensive round (my best is 9k in team of randoms, often I get at least 6k), so scores are not a problem at all if thats why you dont like it.First i dont like MH in AC3 not because of score, my best was 13.5K after playing 5-8 matches. my biggest problem is Shield, when 4 of them running to you with shield and wipe/OSB, its the same as ACR crap when all targets running to pursers with Mute + SB. Shield cannot be countered and it is too much overpowered, if they didnt put shield in AC3, maybe it would be the best MP to-date.ACB is more competitive than any of other MPs especially in MH mode, the only annoyance was in ACB is some1 using a gun, almost noone used osb, and even if few did some, then its not a problem as its not overpowered like ACR and AC3. Reset Cooldowns not triggering after a stun is very bad for team modes, in ACB noone ever complained about it and yet you could get high scores and not seeing targets running after their pursers, and dont forget that there was mute as well and also didnt see O-Mute except very very few matches.As everyone said, ACB was the perfect balance of abilities, most used common sets as standards because they were the best combinations. in AC3 no balance at all between abilities. Where is the fun when running like an a$$hole with shield and osb?? noone can counter this, and you will get killed eventually, best bet to get 1 stun, and with reset cooldowns changed, you will get killed 3 times in a row with that to get 3-4 stuns max in defense round. is that your vision of better ?!?most of ACB MH addicts like me quit playing it because of these changes, maybe you like it, but noone from old school ones do. so you will find them either in AA, assassination, DeathMatch or Domination. So lets agree to disagree.

Anykeyer
01-23-2013, 07:11 AM
I never saw 4 players is same team using shield. OSB is almost underpowered in AC3. Reduced frontal range due to a center of explosion moved back and reduced range craft gains make it so. Some players use OSB in MH only because they played ACR before. I saw a growth of OSB use in ACB as well after ACR's release.

Sure a lot of pursuers are runners. But there is a lot of counters to shield, you just dont have to rely on smoke. Again - shield does not work vs disguise, decoy or bodyguard (works awesome in MH, when it stuns one player others dont see it was a bodyguard and kill it giving you lure + free stun + ability to stun again and without abilities that grounded player)

Reset cooldowns were not a problem in ACB because with easy stunlock it was almost unnecessary. Stunlock does not exist in ACR in its classic form and is much harder in AC3. So its completelly different matter there.

Just llisten to youself. You talk about perfectly balanced abilities of ACB but you say "standards" and "best combinations" in the very same sentence. LOL. There can be no "best combinations" in a game with balanced abiities.

I dont use shield or OSB in AC3 MH. Yet I always get very good scores on offense. So dont tell me this abilities are so unbalanced. In fact they are almost useless for scoring.

And yes, you will be killed eventually in any game. So I dont get your point at all. 3-4 stuns is also an exaggaration even for worst cases.

I dont care about "old school" players you talk about. Clearly its a new game, only an idiot would expect it to work in exactly same way. MH has always beed the most dumb and simple mode with least diversity in used sets. Well, not anymore. Most of those players moved to assassinate, the second dumbest and least diverse mode ever. Gives a lot. Then they complain that when I play it I dont use "poison, sb, knifes" like them. So funny.

Just an example of prestiged fools with abilities you complain about playing against me. They shield, smoke, gun, but always some random NPC nearby. When they realise they loosing badly they simply rage quit in packs. 6 ragequiters in 1 game - I think its a win.
http://beta.xfire.com/screenshots/127009000

YazX_
01-23-2013, 10:33 AM
I never saw 4 players is same team using shield. OSB is almost underpowered in AC3. Reduced frontal range due to a center of explosion moved back and reduced range craft gains make it so. Some players use OSB in MH only because they played ACR before. I saw a growth of OSB use in ACB as well after ACR's release.Sure a lot of pursuers are runners. But there is a lot of counters to shield, you just dont have to rely on smoke. Again - shield does not work vs disguise, decoy or bodyguard (works awesome in MH, when it stuns one player others dont see it was a bodyguard and kill it giving you lure + free stun + ability to stun again and without abilities that grounded player)Reset cooldowns were not a problem in ACB because with easy stunlock it was almost unnecessary. Stunlock does not exist in ACR in its classic form and is much harder in AC3. So its completelly different matter there.Just llisten to youself. You talk about perfectly balanced abilities of ACB but you say "standards" and "best combinations" in the very same sentence. LOL. There can be no "best combinations" in a game with balanced abiities.I dont use shield or OSB in AC3 MH. Yet I always get very good scores on offense. So dont tell me this abilities are so unbalanced. In fact they are almost useless for scoring.And yes, you will be killed eventually in any game. So I dont get your point at all. 3-4 stuns is also an exaggaration even for worst cases.I dont care about "old school" players you talk about. Clearly its a new game, only an idiot would expect it to work in exactly same way. MH has always beed the most dumb and simple mode with least diversity in used sets. Well, not anymore. Most of those players moved to assassinate, the second dumbest and least diverse mode ever. Gives a lot. Then they complain that when I play it I dont use "poison, sb, knifes" like them. So funny.Just an example of prestiged fools with abilities you complain about playing against me. They shield, smoke, gun, but always some random NPC nearby. When they realise they loosing badly they simply rage quit in packs. 6 ragequiters in 1 game - I think its a win.http://beta.xfire.com/screenshots/127009000well, i tried to cut it down to "Lets agree to disagree" to avoid what i was about to say but you are insisting to get response. However, The funniest thing of all of your comments is i never saw you in ACB except few months before ACR launch if i remember correctly although im sure i've never saw you there, but saw you alot of times in ACR as a gun noob, after we get shot by you we used to get a gun and shoot you whenever you respawn which was the most awesome moments we had and you used to quit like a crying baby, so why you think you can come here and lecture me on how to play?!noone care about what you think or how you like to play, you always spam xfire and forums with your WISE comments that noone actually care about and doesnt make any sense, you always join noobs lobbies to get scores, when you join pro ones, you just quit or play a little bit then quit. you're known as a roofing gun noob and noone of the pros like you or like to play with you -either ways you quit when you join one of these lobbies-, so dont ever quote me to post your useless opinion on how to be a bigger noob than a gun one!! Still you will reply because you are like that, you can never shut up and have to keep talking and spamming everywhere. but the good thing is i will not read any of your comments because simply i've never noticed your existence in action except when i get shot by you.

Anykeyer
01-23-2013, 12:33 PM
LOL. Arent you a funny one? Im not suprised with such response. Rather I was waiting to get it when you will lose any valid arguments.

I played ACB since its release. Got more than 500h total. I was in top 10 combined templar score for most of its active life.
Im also much more skilled player than you are. Than 90% of your "pros" actually. And about "pros". There are no actual pros in this game. Only some fools who think they are.

Its funny how you mention shootin me when in fact I dont remember it. Maybe its simply because Im not a rager like most "pros"? And definitelly dont remember gettting shot on each respawn and leaving because of that. Unlike you I have complete tolerance to all abilities in this game including cases when they are used on me.
You got it wrong BTW. Yes, I shot some "pros" for fun. Because I know how much you dislike this and I never had any intention to make you like me. I actually always had completlly opposite intention. You can thank Pennsy for that. He was kind enough to open that door for me. You see, I didnt have gun in MH sets before prestige 20 or somewhere like this, Oh, I like that rage of his for shooting him when I was simply testing new possible tactics (and I must say most players underestimate guns pottential in ACR, it was simply pathetic ability in ACB). I find all your stupid clans very amusing. You always argue between youself, always fight for something. You think I ever wanted to be a part of it? LOL. I have enough RL friends to completelly disregard any game community. That being said I have good relationship with many good players who know who I really am in this game.

Thats funny how you mention joining noobs to get scores. Actually most of the time I try my best to not exploit noobs in a way that isnt fair to them. For example I simply refused to stunlock low-levels in ACB days. Sometimes I cant help myself and just get everything I can, but its a rare case,
I leave from "pros" lobbies? Maybe, if I got only noobs in my own team then I just dont see a point in staying.
Im known as a roofing gun noob? Thats good. This means my little trolling here and there went very successfull. Even better than I hoped, because I dont remember roofing.

TurtleOne_
01-23-2013, 04:44 PM
LOL, his raging answer gave me cancer. And statement that ACB got all its abilities balanced... That's why there are 6/8 smokebombers in lobby right ?