PDA

View Full Version : [POLL] How many stars would you give Assassin's Creed III

ProGamerX56
01-20-2013, 09:58 AM
Another poll , this time I want to hear what you liked about AC3 and what you wanted to go different, just vote and then post your opinions below.

Stiggerachi
01-20-2013, 10:10 AM
3 stars. it's a 5 star game with 5 star bugs.

Assassin_M
01-20-2013, 10:12 AM
story:
whatever the combinations that may have brought you here, a part of it will always be the story. Assassins creed iii kicks it off quick and dismisses the somewhat slow pace some past games have given. The start of the story is like something out of "project legacy" if any of you remember that. It has the same context and feeling. The part that defines the protagonist is actually the one that is vague. The protagonist`s part and standing in society is the one that`s prevalent and that`s certainly new to the series and something that i found quite interesting.

The story manages to suck you in quick with a bit of history at the start, a looming conflict and a compelling character. What you`re seeing is not what you`re used to in every ac game, so during every moment you`re thinking what that might mean or imply while you watch the interactions in the tiny world you`re currently given.

The game does a good job of establishing the protagonist like every past ac game. You`re having a minor conflict that is given an enough amount of screen time and exposure, but then the story moves on and on as you go..

The twist that occurs is something you`ll never see coming simply because of a fact established by the ezio trilogy. You suddenly begin to realize how everything that occurred before seemed so wrong after a certain discovery.

The characters are introduced slowly and some of them did not have a proper amount of screen time, but most of those who did have grown on me without me realizing it. I found my self liking achilles based on some of his interactions with everyone around him which is strange, because he is a jerky grump to everyone he meets including connor.

The amount of emotion stirred in me from some events is unprecedented. I found my self acting like a 5 year old child, later like a mature man, later like the greatest detective in the world. The game`s amount of varied events makes good on its promise in the premise that "i will make you cry" or "i will make you laugh" because indeed, every time the game tried, it succeeded.

Connor was a child. He lived his life as he should. Playing, learning and growing. You feel the innocence which is something that was absent from ezio, because you`re quickly thrown in with the line "your sister seemed quite satisfied with the handling i gave her earlier". I never expected another ezio and i`m glad that i was not disappointed. Connor`s innocence is quickly stolen by the ensuing events. He grows into a humble, powerful young man that seemingly has no weaknesses but his naivete.

In a way, connor is still a child. His reactions to some of the actions of others` make any one laugh, but he simply finds it disgusting. His solutions to very complicated matters is pure. "i`ll tell them i`m innocent" - connor

in the end, in terms of connor, you find yourself killing in the same site you played in and it proves for nothing. The ending of desmond is the only one that made sense to me. It was not mind-blowing and it was not the best out there, but it finally gave closure to desmond and that is all i was promised.

gameplay:
if you`re a new comer, you`ll have less of a hard time than if you were a veteran of the series. You`re already accommodated to a scheme established 5 years ago, but served its purpose. The new scheme is not really tedious. It simply provides more freedom in some areas, but greatly frustrates in others. So you`ll love the new controls at times and completely loathe it at others.

Navigation is basically the same. The only returning type of navigation is the horse and again, with the same turn offs of the past, but the addition of galloping was decent and was what poked me to use the horse more.

You`ll climb cliffs, buildings and trees all in the same precision and speed. Not one is better or more useful than the other. They`re all equally fun and compelling.

The new additions to some of the returning features were fun. Such as lock picking and tunnel networks. Lock picking was simple enough, like any other lock picking game (except sherlock holmes -_-) the exploration to unlock fast travel was a bit tiresome, but the sound effects and at times quicker pace, is what brought back to it again and again.

Mini-games are new to the series and were definitely, and finally, welcome. They provided nice distractions during my adventure. The x man morris games were my favorite as they were new to me and so required some more thinking. The variety was great. I was afraid that these games may feel broken or boring, but i`m glad i was proved wrong. I found my self pouring hours and hours into each game without tire.

Collectibles return, but with the same, and new, flaws. Most of them are more of what was before, but again, with some added quirks here and there. Sadly, the given quests are stagnant. Givers will be standing in that place for years. Making a rather lively world, have a dead corner. There is no dialogue before every quest, no variety and no dynamics to the system.

Some other side missions were a great addition. Such as the liberation missions. Random and scattered across the city. It gives you a sense of accomplishment after you`re done. Great context and compelling backstories. Another great side mission was the treasure hunt. The missions were shorter, but the mad dcotor`s castle was my favorite platforming level of all. The mystery in the whole thing, the clues. It was awesome.

Naval battles were perhaps the greatest innovation in this game. I`m one of the few people who loved tower defense from acr and the naval combat looked just as promising. The ship controls fluidly, throwing away any sense of frustration. The combat itself is very accessible and does not need a long time to master. The seas, winds and physics all provide a compelling experience.

technicalities:
the graphics are amazing and that is just how i`ll put it. The environments look fantastic, be it in the cities or in the wilderness. It always looks great and breath taking to look at it from every angle (except ones that are from far away) the new engine pushes the console to the very limit, and sometimes, farther. I, thankfully, have not experienced any game breaking bugs or glitches during my 8 days playthrough. All of the bugs i experienced were already there in many different games, or were simply too trivial for me to actually care.

The horses` muscles move like they should and if such a graphical innovation was praised in rdr, then i do not see any reason why it should not be praised here.

Surprisingly, the spots that feel liveliest are in the cities. I always thought that such detail will be put in the camps and settlements in the frontier, because "duh" they`re smaller in size and thus easier to manage, but i was wrong. I found many, many actions performed in the cities that were not in concord or lexington. Interactions that were missed from certain camp sites, and sadly every time i walk through that camp from e3 i find my self thinking " give me that e3 demo"

perhaps the most mind blowing achievement found was the homestead. The amount of detail and variety is absolutely that; mind blowing. The variety, the detail in every action. They clearly spared no expense on bringing this place to life, but again.. It makes me cringe that such detail is not available in, at least, the frontier settlements. Standing near some fire in the e3 camp, i find many opportunities for life that are sorely missed and painful to look at as "empty"

while the game did its best to bring the homestead to life, it forgot and left behind everything else in a world devoid of melody.

conclusion:
new york is no venice and boston is no damascus, but i appreciated the history. The sounds of the people, the town criers and annoying soldier drumming made me love the new setting.

Assassins creed iii is by no means assassins creed ii in its grace and beauty, but it represented a struggling point of history. No art, no paintings. Just war..

4/5

lothario-da-be
01-20-2013, 10:21 AM
4,5 stars for me.

SixKeys
01-20-2013, 11:43 AM
3 stars. It's an okay game but could have been so much better.

andreja110s
01-20-2013, 11:55 AM
4/5. I love the story and the gameplay, but the bugs are just awful( especially the FPS drop).

Sushiglutton
01-20-2013, 01:00 PM
Presentation (story, music, gfx, anmiations, gameworld etc): 4.5 stars. Gameplay (mechanics+mission design): 2 stars. Overall score: 3 stars. A game that is much better to look at than what it is to play. Gameplay is too shallow, restricted, unpolished, automated and at the end of the day just isn't that fun. Ubi can do so much better (Farcry 3, Splinter Cell, etc prove this). It's a big shame, the game could have been a classic :(.

Megas_Doux
01-20-2013, 07:56 PM
4.5/5

n97e
01-21-2013, 12:25 AM
4/5. My main complaint is that I didn't enjoy the cities that much. And I haven't really encountered many bugs, so I guess I'm lucky.

Escappa
01-21-2013, 12:35 AM
5/5 for me, it's shares the number 1 position with AC2 IMO, and the frontier....oh how I'm going to miss the frontier. After this I hope they don't return to cities only, because then my heart would broke...

Turul.
01-21-2013, 01:58 AM
4/5

pros:
Story
combat
connor
weapons systems
the frontier/hunting
environment and time period
desmond sequences
best mulitplayer yet

cons:
storytelling
glitches
lack of polish
mission design
UI design
tutorials
%100 sync system (too many requirements)
length of haythem sequences

montagemik
01-21-2013, 02:28 AM
For the time taken & end result as it is = 3 Stars .

If actually tested properly & released with a few less Obvious glitches / bugs & a little more effort into multiplayer side = I'd give it a 4 .

(Though the story seems a little short on Connor time - in it's defence , i'm still convinced AC-3 has been handled the same way AC-2 was = More to follow with a Brotherhood type addition later this year a certainty)

ToughGuy31
01-21-2013, 03:35 AM
4, it could have been the best game ever but bugs and a terrible end ruined it.

I-Like-Pie45
01-21-2013, 06:44 AM
4/5. Not perfect (just today, the game crashed on me forcing me to restart my PS3 the split second I air assassinated a guy) and some parts of the story and mission design could've used an extra month, but hey, I enjoy the game for what it is.

ProGamerX56
01-21-2013, 07:14 PM
I think it takes too long to start, the game doesn't throw u into an assassiny role until Sequence 6, which sucks.

Soulid_Snake
01-21-2013, 09:00 PM
Where's the option for 0 stars? I'm very P****d at AC3, it could have been, so much more!

lothario-da-be
01-22-2013, 08:06 PM
Where's the option for 0 stars? I'm very P****d at AC3, it could have been, so much more!
It could have been so much more isn't realy a good reason to give it 0 stars. imo

ProGamerX56
01-25-2013, 05:25 PM

If you think it should deserve 0 stars, vote 1 star, really, it's impossible for something to be 0 stars (well, not really), but it must be good for something.

silvermercy
01-25-2013, 06:00 PM
I voted 5 (even though it feels more like 4) in the hope we will have Connor's story completed in an extra game in the future. Right now it seems unfinished.

pacmanate
01-25-2013, 06:20 PM
Screw out of 5, the scale is too small. I give it a 7. CBA to explain why, but it could have been better. I do think that it gets better with every playthrough though.

Sushiglutton
01-25-2013, 06:31 PM
Screw out of 5, the scale is too small. I give it a 7. CBA to explain why, but it could have been better. I do think that it gets better with every playthrough though.

So you mean like a 7 out of a hundred?

Dead1y-Derri
01-25-2013, 08:22 PM
I gave it 4 stars. Would have been 5 but some minor things really got to me.

STDlyMcStudpants
01-25-2013, 09:38 PM
4.5 out of 5..rounded to a 5.
It isn't a perfect game..glitches..connors voice..a lot of blank spots missing in the plot..lack of animal variety (wanted way more than we got..some snakes wouldve been cool..you received snake skin and poison..heck yes!)
The glitches weren't THAT bad but connor sounded 12 the entire time.
But lets get to the story..this is what REALLY pulls it away from perfection..
Ezio was 3 games deep..of course we felt more attached to him...but in AC 2, *spoiler* we saw his family HUNG in front of us..something like that provoked huge emotion from me,,,AC 3 *Spoiler* his mother is burned alive..and we see this..BUT a HUGE part i believe we are missing is seeing the relationship they shared, we got to know Ezio's brothers and father..which made us care..but we didnt get to feel the love an affection from connors mother AND as a child i wanted to get to know my brother, to know that he protected me, i protected him, to know that we learned from eachother, that we bonded, to feel a heart to heart connection..it would've been so much harder for me to stick a blade into him...in fact that scene probably would have made me cry...
Those tears would be enough to give this game a perfect score even with the glitches.

Assassin_M
01-25-2013, 09:49 PM
It isn't a perfect game..glitches..connors voice..a lot of blank spots missing in the plot..lack of animal variety (wanted way more than we got..some snakes wouldve been cool..you received snake skin and poison..heck yes!)
Ezio was 3 games deep..of course we felt more attached to him...but in AC 2, *spoiler* we saw his family HUNG in front of us..something like that provoked huge emotion from me,,,AC 3 *Spoiler* his mother is burned alive..and we see this..BUT a HUGE part i believe we are missing is seeing the relationship they shared, we got to know Ezio's brothers and father..which made us care..but we didnt get to feel the love an affection from connors mother AND as a child i wanted to get to know my brother, to know that he protected me, i protected him, to know that we learned from eachother, that we bonded, to feel a heart to heart connection..it would've been so much harder for me to stick a blade into him...in fact that scene probably would have made me cry...
Those tears would be enough to give this game a perfect score even with the glitches.
Kanentokon was not his Brother...

And I do not think a Mother-Son relationship needs to be explored...EVERYONE can relate to a mother`s death without it being thoroughly explored

FirestarLuva
01-25-2013, 09:56 PM

I disagree about the story being the one pulling it away. Almost every review has praised the story, even IGN who called AC3 a disappointment. The real reason is the terrible mission design for the most part and full-synch. Bugs, didn't encounter many. I'm fine with them as long as they aren't game-breaking bugs. About blank spots in the plot, the writer Corey May said the book AC : Forsaken was adapted the same time as the game and many of the blank spots, Haytham knowing about his son, etc. are there. It was too much story to fit in one game. :|

Megas_Doux
01-25-2013, 10:11 PM
I The real reason is the terrible mission design for the most part and full-synch.

THIS! And the lack of background music during freeroam.

Still AC3 and Connor remain my favorites though.....

STDlyMcStudpants
01-25-2013, 10:19 PM
I disagree about the story being the one pulling it away. Almost every review has praised the story, even IGN who called AC3 a disappointment. The real reason is the terrible mission design for the most part and full-synch. Bugs, didn't encounter many. I'm fine with them as long as they aren't game-breaking bugs. About blank spots in the plot, the writer Corey May said the book AC : Forsaken was adapted the same time as the game and many of the blank spots, Haytham knowing about his son, etc. are there. It was too much story to fit in one game. :|

That's understandable I just wanted so much more from the story, i hardly minded the bugs though ..except when targets got stuck in cabins lol

STDlyMcStudpants
01-25-2013, 10:21 PM
Kanentokon was not his Brother...

And I do not think a Mother-Son relationship needs to be explored...EVERYONE can relate to a mother`s death without it being thoroughly explored

Brother...friend..I still would've liked that connection..and I cant relate to the mothers death, i never had much of a connection with my mom, guess thats why i wanted one in the game so bad.

Assassin_M
01-25-2013, 10:24 PM
Brother...friend..I still would've liked that connection..and I cant relate to the mothers death, i never had much of a connection with my mom, guess thats why i wanted one in the game so bad.
Maybe....

I honestly was not moved AT ALL by Ezio`s father and brothers` deaths....I was teary eyed watching Ziio die.....and I actually wanted to be sad for Ezio....You know ?? Just couldn't ..and Ezio himself was not helping either.....5 minutes after the hanging and he`s already smiling and flirting with Paula

FirestarLuva
01-25-2013, 10:28 PM

I'm sorry to hear about you and your mom. :(
I don't know, for me, and for many other people who've played the game say there's nothing worse than seeing your mom burnt alive when you're 4 years old and unable to save her. At least we got to know Ziio a little while playing as Haytham.
Also, I read you didn't like Connor's voice. I'd suggest watching this podcast with the voice actor when you have time, it might clear some things up for you. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU1KeUWEVa4
Also, seeing as you're new, welcome to the forums. :D

STDlyMcStudpants
01-25-2013, 10:50 PM
I'm sorry to hear about you and your mom. :(
I don't know, for me, and for many other people who've played the game say there's nothing worse than seeing your mom burnt alive when you're 4 years old and unable to save her. At least we got to know Ziio a little while playing as Haytham.
Also, I read you didn't like Connor's voice. I'd suggest watching this podcast with the voice actor when you have time, it might clear some things up for you. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU1KeUWEVa4
Also, seeing as you're new, welcome to the forums. :D
Thank you! will check it out asap.

STDlyMcStudpants
01-25-2013, 10:51 PM
Maybe....

I honestly was not moved AT ALL by Ezio`s father and brothers` deaths....I was teary eyed watching Ziio die.....and I actually wanted to be sad for Ezio....You know ?? Just couldn't ..and Ezio himself was not helping either.....5 minutes after the hanging and he`s already smiling and flirting with Paula

good point, its crazy how fans pay mrore attention to detail and story than the actual developers. Maybe they should have a select number of fans join in on development, not to say do this or do that, but to point out things that take away from an event or the story

Assassin_M
01-25-2013, 10:54 PM
good point, its crazy how fans pay mrore attention to detail and story than the actual developers. Maybe they should have a select number of fans join in on development, not to say do this or do that, but to point out things that take away from an event or the story
Well, Player empathy SHOULD be number one in designer`s heads. They should create the game as a payer. Anticipate what the player might think and push the right buttons so that it may click efficiently in the experience and bring out the desired reaction at the right time from the fans

catkiller97
01-26-2013, 09:54 AM
4 star :)

IWGCJoeCool
01-26-2013, 01:38 PM
i give it 4 stars...

i would give AC1 4 stars for starting something, being great, and having potential.

i would give ACII, Brotherhood, and Revelations (considering the Ezio trilogy together) 5 stars. it seems like the best of AC1 was taken, then additional stuff added gently. thats why it was the best.

ACIII, despite the tons and tons of new thinking and execution, departed too much from the ACIII formula. the Stockpile/Crafting/Convoy part is like watching paint grow and grass drying. i'm not even sure that anyone even said the words "Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" ONCE in the whole game (yet, pre-DLC).

JC

roostersrule2
01-26-2013, 02:14 PM
i give it 4 stars...

i would give AC1 4 stars for starting something, being great, and having potential.

i would give ACII, Brotherhood, and Revelations (considering the Ezio trilogy together) 5 stars. it seems like the best of AC1 was taken, then additional stuff added gently. thats why it was the best.

ACIII, despite the tons and tons of new thinking and execution, departed too much from the ACIII formula. the Stockpile/Crafting/Convoy part is like watching paint grow and grass drying. i'm not even sure that anyone even said the words "Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" ONCE in the whole game (yet, pre-DLC).

JCIn the DLC Connor never becomes an assassin so I don't think we'll hear him say it unless there's another Connor game.

Gil_217
01-26-2013, 05:00 PM
Even though the game as a whole was a disappointment in some ways, especially due to the hype that was created around it, and we, the fans, are to blame for this too, because, like always, we imagined this game to be the greatest ever, I still can't give it a 3/5, so for me, it's a 4/5. I would give it a 3 if I took the hype and publicity into consideration.

Liked the historic part a lot and the main characters along with it, especially Haytham, Connor, Lee and Achiles too. Haytham is the most entertaining character in the whole game, Connor is a beautiful character that should receive much more praise, and Lee served his purpose in a good way, since I appreciated his crazy persona very much, even though Cesare was better, but he was still good. Loved all the side missions in the game too, and I was quite surprised by the number of them, never thought they would put much emphasis on the Homestead specifically, always thought they would care more about Connor's tribe/village, which deserved better. A shame they wasted this opportunity, but they still can do something about it, but I don't really expect it. Liked the Homestead and its residents though.

Can't really comment on the bugs and glitches of the game because I didn't experienced any, so yeah, lucky me.

My major complaint about the game is regarding the way Ubisoft handled the whole modern day plot, and this is coming from someone who bought this games in the first place for the historic part, and it still is the main attraction for me, but c'mon, the modern story deserves so much better. They had built it in a perfect way, they created anticipation, suspense and interest on it in the past games and they should have treated it and their characters with more consideration. The funny thing is, I still enjoyed playing it, very much, but I can still see that it should have been so much more. The way they treated Abstergo, especially Vidic and Cross, was absolutely terrible, easily the worst part in the whole game. Such formidable characters that were treated like minor minor minor characters.

Wished to do a better review of the whole game, but whatever, this was what stood out the most for me.

Still a great game.

poptartz20
01-26-2013, 11:38 PM
This game for me easily gets a 4.5/5. The only reason it doesn't get the full 5 is because it was so **** buggy. Other than that I feel that the story and it's characters were deep and the story was so immersive that they couldn't even fit it into their own game. lol.

str8shootter
01-27-2013, 06:59 AM
2 (Or 3) out of 5 in my opinion. Due to it being the most bugged/glitched piece of garbage I have ever played. Also due to Connor being annoying... He has barely any personality at all. He's always stern, angry, and naggy. Also, the story for AC3 was by far the most boring (IMO) out of the entire series. And I couldn't even SLIGHTLY enjoy most of the DECENT parts in the game due to randomly falling through the ground and my PS3 freezing. Or from randomly getting sucked into a wall. This game is literally the most bugged, glitched out game I have ever played. I was literally in love with the AC franchise until this garbage came out. I payed $60.00 USD for a game that shouldn't be more than $20.00 USD.

Okay so now on to the multiplayer: I HATE the MP due to it being ACR with a new paint job, minor fixes, and dozens of new problems/bugs/lag/glitches. I also hate it due to it having the SAME music as ACR, same kill/stun animations, and same lag/glitches/stupid match-making as ACR. We all payed our hard earned money for a FRESH and NEW MP... But basically all we got was ACR with new characters and maps.

Single Player: 2/(or 3)5.

Multiplayer: 1/5.

Overal: This game is ACR with a few fixes to MP, but with more problems than fixes. And of course, all of this is my opinion, but some of it, regardless of how much you wana defend this game, is fact. I pray that the next Connor Spin-Off next November is better than this.

Assassin_M
01-27-2013, 07:04 AM
but some of it, is fact.
Nope.

Every post in this thread is an Opinion.

str8shootter
01-27-2013, 07:59 AM
Nope.

Every post in this thread is an Opinion.

It having the same music, kill animations, stun animations, lag, match making, bugs, glitches, problems as ACR, is an opinion? Really now? Well....I'm a headless rooster that has super speed and heat vision. But on another note, your logic of what is an opinion, is astounding. Ten points for you sir. I know very well that some of the things I said were opinion based. But what I said just now about the animations, music, and bugs... is a fact. How can you say that's not a fact?... Are you being sarcastic or are you just that simple of a person? I'm honestly confused.

Assassin_M
01-27-2013, 08:06 AM
It having the same music, kill animations, stun animations, lag, match making, bugs, glitches, problems as ACR, is an opinion? Really now? Well....I'm a headless rooster that has super speed and heat vision. But on another note, your logic of what is an opinion, is astounding. Ten points for you sir. I know very well that some of the things I said were opinion based. But what I said just now about the animations, music, and bugs... is a fact. How can you say that's not a fact?... Are you being sarcastic or are you just that simple of a person? I'm honestly confused.
To make this clear, not everyone experienced the same bugs as everyone. I did not experience any significant bugs, others had extremely game breaking bugs. So Yes, first, the bugs are not shared by everybody, but are a part of your own experience and are thus, more or less, an opinion. You have my sympathies for the bugs your game suffered from.

As for everything else, You did not state which in your post was fact, you simply said "some" and "no matter how much you defend it", which I assumed was a falsely labelled opinion, because no fact can be challenged simply because someone wants to defend something, so I did not point to specifics in your post, BUT....saying that the MP is ACR 2.0 just because it had the same music, kill and stun animations is an Opinion not a fact. others do not shape their experience by the difference in stun/kill animations and/or music. It can be a totally revamped experience for them regardless of what was reused...

str8shootter
01-27-2013, 08:13 AM
To make this clear, not everyone experienced the same bugs as everyone. I did not experience any significant bugs, others had extremely game breaking bugs. So Yes, first, the bugs are not shared by everybody, but are a part of your own experience and are thus, more or less, an opinion. You have my sympathies for the bugs your game suffered from.

As for everything else, You did not state which in your post was fact, you simply said "some" and "no matter how much you defend it", which I assumed was a falsely labelled opinion, because no fact can be challenged simply because someone wants to defend something, so I did not point to specifics in your post, BUT....saying that the MP is ACR 2.0 just because it had the same music, kill and stun animations is an Opinion not a fact. others do not shape their experience by the difference in stun/kill animations and/or music. It can be a totally revamped experience for them regardless of what was reused...

I know that me saying the MP being ACR 2.0 is an opinion... All I am saying is that the music, animations, and a few other things are copied and pasted from ACR... *Sigh*

Assassin_M
01-27-2013, 08:15 AM
i know that me saying the mp being acr 2.0 is an opinion... All i am saying is that the music, animations, and a few other things are copied and pasted from acr... *sigh*

Here

you did not state which in your post was fact, you simply said "some" and "no matter how much you defend it", which i assumed was a falsely labelled opinion, because no fact can be challenged simply because someone wants to defend something, so i did not point to specifics in your post

str8shootter
01-27-2013, 09:18 AM
Oh and one other thing, you had said something about my rant about the glitches being an opinion due to the fact that not everyone has experienced them. Well, here's what I'd like to know: How can you say the bugs aren't there just because not all have experienced it? That's like saying the sun doesn't exist because not all have seen it. And saying it exists is an opinion, due to not all seeing it. I'm not trying to be a jerk.. But uhh.. Please explain that to me...

Assassin_M
01-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Oh and one other thing, you had said something about my rant about the glitches being an opinion due to the fact that not everyone has experienced them. Well, here's what I'd like to know: How can you say the bugs aren't there just because not all have experienced it? That's like saying the sun doesn't exist because not all have seen it. And saying it exists is an opinion, due to not all seeing it. I'm not trying to be a jerk.. But uhh.. Please explain that to me...
Your comparison is weak. You`re comparing a widely known fact that`s well recorded and documented to the quality of a certain product. It does not work.

and I did not say that bugs aren't there. I simply said that the amount of bugs is not the same for everyone. I acknowledge the bugs and you have my sympathies, but not everyone experienced them. it`s why there`re so many different views on the game. Some people gave it a 4 or 5 for not experiencing any bugs, others gave it a 2 or 3 because they had bugs.

When something is not experienced by everyone using a certain product, it`s factual status is automatically negated and it ultimately becomes part of the user`s experience alone..

str8shootter
01-27-2013, 09:29 AM
Your comparison is weak. You`re comparing a widely known fact that`s well recorded and documented to the quality of a certain product. It does not work.

It is a well known fact that AC3's MP has bugs... Either you've never played it to know that, or Ubisoft is paying you to defend it. Regardless of that, there are a few million people that know it has major glitches....My comparison isn't all that weak.....

Assassin_M
01-27-2013, 09:36 AM
It is a well known fact that AC3's MP has bugs... Either you've never played it to know that, or Ubisoft is paying you to defend it. Regardless of that, there are a few million people that know it has major glitches....My comparison isn't all that weak.....
Unless you have a survey that tells me EVERYONE experienced bugs, you`re in a pretty weak spot. Every game has bugs, whether or not everyone experienced them in the same severity is another matter, but the fact remains, not everyone shared the same experience as yourself. Numerous outlets have constantly praised the Multiplayer of AC III. You`re correct I did not play AC III`s multiplayer all that much, but during the few times I got deep, I`v experienced no bugs.

Your few million people do not do anything for you unless you show me evidence that indeed a few million people have experienced major glitches.

I`ll ignore your silly remark of Ubisoft paying me to defend them for now....

str8shootter
01-27-2013, 09:42 AM
Unless you have a survey that tells me EVERYONE experienced bugs, you`re in a pretty weak spot. Every game has bugs, whether or not everyone experienced them in the same severity is another matter, but the fact remains, not everyone shared the same experience as yourself. Numerous outlets have constantly praised the Multiplayer of AC III. You`re correct I did not play AC III`s multiplayer all that much, but during the few times I got deep, I`v experienced no bugs.

Your few million people do not do anything for you unless you show me evidence that indeed a few million people have experienced major glitches.

I`ll ignore your silly remark of Ubisoft paying me to defend them for now....

I don't have a handy dandy notebook containing proof that millions of people have had the same problems as me. If you want your proof, get on Youtube and look at the thousands of videos of glitches captured on film when people record their gameplay. Look at all the complaining on this forum about it. There is evidence to what I say, all around you. I am actually confused as to how and why you could say this is an opinion.. where have you been since october?.... Someone needs to update you on this game's MP...

Assassin_M
01-27-2013, 09:51 AM
I don't have a handy dandy notebook containing proof that millions of people have had the same problems as me. If you want your proof, get on Youtube and look at the thousands of videos of glitches captured on film when people record their gameplay. Look at all the complaining on this forum about it. There is evidence to what I say, all around you. I am actually confused as to how and why you could say this is an opinion.. where have you been since October?.... Someone needs to update you on this game's MP...
You`re repeating what you said above. What I said was perfectly clear and requires no further explanation. I`m not the one with the burden of proof, you are. if you`ll make a claim YOU`RE the one who`s supposed to back it up. If you cannot or unwilling then you were better off not making said claim in the first place. (In reference to the "handy dandy" notebook)

The experience of people on this forum does not represent the experience of millions...or even thousands. People come to the forums mostly to complain, not praise. someone who did not have bugs would not come here and say "Oh Ubisoft, my game had little to no bugs" so while your words do hold merit, they`re empty and are not representative of the full number of players nor the severity of the bugs shown by everyone who experienced them.

As a final advice, read my signature....

VitaminsXYZ
01-27-2013, 10:22 AM
I don't have a handy dandy notebook containing proof that millions of people have had the same problems as me. If you want your proof, get on Youtube and look at the thousands of videos of glitches captured on film when people record their gameplay. Look at all the complaining on this forum about it. There is evidence to what I say, all around you. I am actually confused as to how and why you could say this is an opinion.. where have you been since october?.... Someone needs to update you on this game's MP...

You are correct. It is a fact that there are bugs - maybe not in every single copy of AC3, but they definitely do exist.
But M is basically saying that not everyone was affected by them. The opinion here isn't whether or not there were bugs (and no one's denying that there weren't any). It's more about people forming an opinion of the game due to the amount of bugs that they experienced. Some people experienced a lot, and understandably didn't have as enjoyable of a playthrough. But there are others who didn't run into as many; I myself only experienced around 3-4 'major' bugs, so of course I'd have a more positive view of the game.

And in reply to this thread, my rating is about a 4 or 4.5.

YuurHeen
01-27-2013, 02:01 PM

Least ac in my point of view. To many things added without connection to the game, terrible mission design, lineair gameplay and story and I dont care much about natives.
It was stil better than many other games but it does make me more afraid for the future of this franchise.