PDA

View Full Version : Snowmen

Saqaliba
01-20-2013, 06:32 AM
Apparently there are snowmen in the game. But I have not seen any. Can anyone confirm this. There is a youtube video showing it, but it is hard to make out.

Assassin_M
01-20-2013, 06:36 AM
Kids at the Homestead will build Snow men....

Saqaliba
01-20-2013, 06:44 AM
Awesome. wHich kids, the lumberjack's kids. Is there a certain location. Can you kick the snowmen over? Do they have carrot noses? Do you actually see them building the snowmen. So excited!

Assassin_M
01-20-2013, 06:53 AM
Awesome. wHich kids, the lumberjack's kids. Is there a certain location. Can you kick the snowmen over? Do they have carrot noses? Do you actually see them building the snowmen. So excited!
Yes the Lumber Jacks` kids. They`re mainly found around the mill, Doctor Lyle`s clinic and their houses. No you cannot kick them over, I do not remember if they have carrot noses xD and Yes you see them build the snowman (They even have snow ball fights)

Saqaliba
01-20-2013, 06:58 AM
Oh. Dang. Awesome. I love watching all the homestead stuff. Just being pay more attention recently. So much work went into the NPC stuff there. It would have been nice to have that much stuff in the cities. I have only really seen theives randomly steal stuff in the cities.

Assassin_M
01-20-2013, 07:00 AM
Oh. Dang. Awesome. I love watching all the homestead stuff. Just being pay more attention recently. So much work went into the NPC stuff there. It would have been nice to have that much stuff in the cities. I have only really seen theives randomly steal stuff in the cities.
It`d be extremely hard to implement the homestead AI into the cities. Settlements in the Frontier perhaps, but definitely not the cities..

Saqaliba
01-20-2013, 07:13 AM
I swear there is a mission you play as Haythem where he hides in an interactive crowd and he blends by moving his arms as though he is in conversation. That was awesome, but I could never find those types of crowds other than that mission.

I like how you can blend with fishermen and sit down with those dudes on the streets. If they had more of those sort of interactive hiding spots, that could have made the cities more dynamic. Like helping load merchandise into carts or pretend to be a town paperboy etc. Street sweeper or even moving bails of hay. They could have acted as hiding spots, but would have made the activities feel as though you were immersing alot more.

Assassin_M
01-20-2013, 07:24 AM
I swear there is a mission you play as Haythem where he hides in an interactive crowd and he blends by moving his arms as though he is in conversation. That was awesome, but I could never find those types of crowds other than that mission.

I like how you can blend with fishermen and sit down with those dudes on the streets. If they had more of those sort of interactive hiding spots, that could have made the cities more dynamic. Like helping load merchandise into carts or pretend to be a town paperboy etc. Street sweeper or even moving bails of hay. They could have acted as hiding spots, but would have made the activities feel as though you were immersing alot more.
I`m not sure paper boy works as a blend spot xD They usually shout, You know:p

Anyways, I agree. Some mission specific Blending animations were sorely missed from regular free roam. There`s Market stalls, Tool stands, fences and beggars. They said that there`d be painting houses too, but that feature had a canoeing experience -__-