PDA

View Full Version : Which game had the best Templars?

ajl992008
01-18-2013, 10:23 PM
Answer the poll and say why below :)

SixKeys
01-18-2013, 10:31 PM
AC1, easily. They were the "grayest" in the entire series. Only Abu'l Nuquod and Majd Addin helped the Templars because of selfish reasons (Abu'l because he was sick of being ridiculed, Majd Addin because he loved power). The rest were doing things they thought would bring peace or prosperity to the people in the long run.

Assassin_M
01-18-2013, 10:35 PM
AC III by far.only 2 of them were not technically Templars. Hickey and Church. the rest were just awesome. Made me ask the question "What if they`re right ?" throughout the entire game.Charles was a bit wacky, though xD

ajl992008
01-18-2013, 10:37 PM
I would say acr for the grey area again but I just found them more interesting, especially the multiplayer Templars,I found their death speeches on assassination very interesting.

ajl992008
01-18-2013, 10:39 PM
AC III by far.only 2 of them were not technically Templars. Hickey and Church. the rest were just awesome. Made me ask the question "What if they`re right ?" throughout the entire game.Charles was a bit wacky, though xDI thought Charles was a bit wacky too until his death, that silence between him and Connor was quite powerful along with his facial expression, he wasn't crying like a baby like cesare, he seemed very enthusiastic about the Templars as shown when we play as haytham so I could relate to the Templars in ac3 but I still like the acr Templars more due to me finding them more interesting.

Assassin_M
01-18-2013, 10:44 PM
I thought Charles was a bit wacky too until his death, that silence between him and Connor was quite powerful along with his facial expression, he wasn't crying like a baby like cesare, he seemed very enthusiastic about the Templars as shown when we play as haytham so I could relate to the Templars in ac3 but I still like the acr Templars more due to me finding them more interesting.I liked the Templars in ACR too. It`s just the experience of recruiting them and actually getting to know them in AC III that got to me. It was a great move definitely...

ajl992008
01-18-2013, 10:52 PM
I liked the Templars in ACR too. It`s just the experience of recruiting them and actually getting to know them in AC III that got to me. It was a great move definitely...Yep it was very clever of ubisoft to have us play as a Templar, it really helped me connect with them, that needs to carry on in some form, giving the Templars a good back story instead of just killing them because they are on a list like ac2.

Assassin_M
01-18-2013, 10:53 PM
Yep it was very clever of ubisoft to have us play as a Templar, it really helped me connect with them, that needs to carry on in some form, giving the Templars a good back story instead of just killing them because they are on a list like ac2.Indeed..Maybe a full blown Templar game....Have us question Templar beliefs maybe. Build a better connection like AC III...That`d be awesome

ajl992008
01-18-2013, 11:08 PM
Indeed..Maybe a full blown Templar game....Have us question Templar beliefs maybe. Build a better connection like AC III...That`d be awesomeI would play that, would be a nice spin off, or here's an idea, they could do a haytham dlc pack showing his journey as a Templar, make that a full blown expansion for ac3, people seem to like haytham so I can see that doing well.

Assassin_M
01-18-2013, 11:10 PM
I would play that, would be a nice spin off, or here's an idea, they could do a haytham dlc pack showing his journey as a Templar, make that a full blown expansion for ac3, people seem to like haytham so I can see that doing well.I`d love a game with Haytham. Just going around London would be Awesome. It can work as a Brotherhood Type for AC III and I believe people will love it too, like you said....

FirestarLuva
01-18-2013, 11:23 PM
I`d love a game with Haytham. Just going around London would be Awesome. It can work as a Brotherhood Type for AC III and I believe people will love it too, like you said....

Or maybe have Connor become a Templar, that'd be interesting. Maybe he becomes one even without him knowing. We kill certain targets only to find out in the end they were not Templars, but assassins!

Assassin_M
01-18-2013, 11:27 PM
Or maybe have Connor become a Templar, that'd be interesting. Maybe he becomes one even without him knowing. We kill certain targets only to find out in the end they were not Templars, but assassins!I believe that`d be bad. People already hate Connor for naivete leaning on stupidity. How do you think that`d work ?? xDAgain Connor ?? You`re on the wrong side AGAIN ???

ACfan443
01-18-2013, 11:30 PM
Indeed..Maybe a full blown Templar game....Have us question Templar beliefs maybe. Build a better connection like AC III...That`d be awesome

I always think about something like this, not necessarily a full Templar game, but using AC's multiplayer section and creating a big "Templar's Creed" story co-op mode, which can also be used as a public free roam when not doing story missions. After all, the multiplayer section is Templar based anyway

Assassin_M
01-18-2013, 11:32 PM
I always think about something like this, not necessarily a full Templar game, but using AC's multiplayer section and creating a big "Templar's Creed" story co-op mode, which can also be used as a public free roam when not doing story missions. After all, the multiplayer section is Templar based anywayHow about a Templar Modern Protagonist reliving an Assassin ?? That`d work too....Maybe

ACfan443
01-18-2013, 11:35 PM
How about a Templar Modern Protagonist reliving an Assassin ?? That`d work too....Maybe

That'd be cool too, it could be the case if Otso's the new protagonist..

Assassin_M
01-18-2013, 11:35 PM
That'd be cool too, it could be the case if Otso's the new protagonist..I have a feeling he is...That little pic of him with his daughter got me thinking...

ajl992008
01-18-2013, 11:44 PM
I always wanted a small dlc game with the prowler for ACB, that guy looks so cool!

ajl992008
01-18-2013, 11:44 PM
I find it quite funny that no one has chosen ac2 or ACB, message to ubisoft that people like the grey morality

Assassin_M
01-18-2013, 11:47 PM
I find it quite funny that no one has chosen ac2 or ACB, message to ubisoft that people like the grey moralityYou`ll find people who choos AC 2 or ACB...Give it some time xD

ajl992008
01-18-2013, 11:53 PM
You`ll find people who choos AC 2 or ACB...Give it some time xDHaha true

I-Like-Pie45
01-19-2013, 12:07 AM
I liked the gray zones that AC1 and AC3 presented with their Templars, especially on characters like Haytham...

AC2 may be my favorite game in the series, but compared to the Templars in the other two main games, the Templars in that game were basically the Bond villains of the series...

UrDeviant1
01-19-2013, 12:11 AM
How about a Templar Modern Protagonist reliving an Assassin ?? That`d work too....MaybeI like this Idea. It has the potential to work very well. And Otso, as mentioned above, would be the perfect candidate. And It's possible he's the subject we are using to play as Connor end game. He's the Templar who showed the most promise throughout ACR, so I see no reason why Abstergo would stop using him for high priority missions. I'm still wondering If/when Templar focus will be shifted from finding POE's to defending against you know who.

cmrggamer
01-19-2013, 12:51 AM
It's definitely between AC1 and AC3. I know that when I played AC1, one component of the story that drew me into the franchise was this questioning of ideology. And interestingly, never seeing Altair's expressions and having the Templars address the player was an interesting and I think even effective move. One of my favorite confessions is with the big guy (sorry I can't remember his name) and how he looks straight into the camera and he comments on Altair's doubt.
But, I think my vote has to go with AC3. I thought it was a great decision to have us play on the Templar's side for the first portion of the game, show their humanity and make them relatable. I really liked the Templar characters of AC3 and how they were each so unique. Haytham and Connor's arguments really made me question a lot of things, and I think that that's something very special about this series.

Th3Aw3som3On31
01-19-2013, 05:09 AM
AC3 because it made you see their point of view and how they thought they were doing good.

Hidden Legaciez
01-19-2013, 10:40 AM
3 haythem was a tough cookie and it took me ages to do 100% sync

wackywaffles2
01-19-2013, 01:31 PM
AC3, i felt like every time i entered the white area(when you kill a important character) it seems like the templars always had something to say that made me feel guilty after killing them. Especially that redcoat in the battle of bunker hill mission, but he wasn't a templar was he?

Kaschra
01-19-2013, 05:32 PM
AC3. Mostly because we were playing as a Templar for a few hours. To see everything from their point of view was a nice change, and I started to question the Assassin's way of thinking.
And I always felt bad when I had to kill one of the Templars in AC3.

I-Like-Pie45
01-19-2013, 06:28 PM
AC3. Mostly because we were playing as a Templar for a few hours. To see everything from their point of view was a nice change, and I started to question the Assassin's way of thinking.
And I always felt bad when I had to kill one of the Templars in AC3.

Even Hickey?

Assassin_M
01-19-2013, 06:30 PM
Even Hickey?Wot ?

I-Like-Pie45
01-19-2013, 06:53 PM
Wot ?

He brought up some good points in his death conversation but I didn't really feel as bad killing him as I did with the other Templars in AC3...

UrDeviant1
01-19-2013, 07:13 PM
He brought up some good points in his death conversation but I didn't really feel as bad killing him as I did with the other Templars in AC3...I liked Hickey personally. He was probably the most down to earth, straight-up guy In the group.

Kaschra
01-19-2013, 07:32 PM
Even Hickey?

Yes, even Hickey. Actually, I even like him.

misterB2001
01-19-2013, 07:55 PM
Ac3 had the best overall set of templars. AC1 coming a close 2nd. In terms of antagonist my favourite was Rodrigo Borgia from AC2 though.

POP1Fan
01-19-2013, 10:07 PM
Assassin's Creed 1. While Revelations had the best Templar in the series, Ahmet, (tied with Haytham) and 3 returned very well to the gray area of Templar mentality, I felt the ones in AC1 were more memorable.

Assassin_M
01-19-2013, 10:10 PM
See ? We got 2 for AC II Templars and 1 for ACB Templars...

I`m very confused by this thing you people call.....what was it ?? Opinions I think ?

Escappa
01-19-2013, 10:33 PM
ACIII because it made me feel for the templars. I think that they should do the ultimate twist. They (ubisoft) has already said that they're planning to do 10 games in total, and there's 5 to date so we're halfway there.
We have come to cheer for the assassins and hate the templars, but after ACIII I wonder if they're really that bad after all. So why not change the main charachter to a female (eve's ancestor) who is a templar who also is using the animus in order to figure out how to stop Juno. Now we're templars killing assassins instead, and the templars are pictured as the good guys. So in the end, we're liking the assassins and templars equal. And ater game 10 we should be leaved with a question; Which side was the good one after all? Was there even a better or worse?
Ubisoft should also not comment on these questions, making us (the fans) taking sides in the debate and make us, therefore, live the francise.

Aphex_Tim
01-19-2013, 10:45 PM
I'm sorry... who the hell is Otso?

BaronVonES
01-19-2013, 10:46 PM
AC1, here. I questioned whether Altair was doing the right thing after every victim's monologue. Though I sided with the Assassin's, the Templars had pretty compelling reasons each time when the chips were down. II and Brotherhood's Order were caricatures. Revelations slightly brought back the ambiguity, but fudged things up towards the end to create drama. With AC3 I still didn't find the Templars as compelling as AC1 though. I suppose a bad taste was left in my mouth with how drastically they changed between the Haytham and Connor sections (particularly Lee). Also, regarding Hickey: though he was honest with his bad intentions, his speech didn't resonate with me. He essentially said to Connor 'I get *****es and you don't', when Connor never showed signs of ever wanting such things, so his words fell on deaf ears. His motivation was ultimately the weakest of the AC3 Templar Order, so (for me anyways) he evoked the least sympathy.

Rank: AC1, AC3, ACR, ACII/Brotherhood. I would swap 3 and 1 if the AC3 Templars maintained their characterization from the Haytham memory sequences.

Assassin_M
01-19-2013, 10:50 PM
I'm sorry... who the hell is Otso?
The Multipayer Protagonist..

ajl992008
01-19-2013, 11:19 PM
ubisoft need to make sure they keep this grey morality for future games, it really makes the games better!

straty88
01-20-2013, 01:47 AM
ubisoft need to make sure they keep this grey morality for future games, it really makes the games better!It's something Ubisoft highlighted very early on after AC3 was announced, so hopefully they'll stick with it.

Assassin_M
01-20-2013, 01:53 AM
Looks like some people are voting by the amount of Templars in the game -_-

3 votes for AC II ? Hmmmmmm

EzioPravar
01-20-2013, 01:13 PM
AC3/AC1- Al Mualim, Haytham, Lee
ACB- Cesare
ACR and AC2 didn't have any that stood out for me.