PDA

View Full Version : “I’ve lost my way”

FirestarLuva
01-18-2013, 09:34 PM
Before the epilogue of AC3, underneath Haytham's portrait in the basement is the word “Sakataterihwáhten” written which means “I forgave myself” or “I made a mistake”, “I’ve lost my way”, “fallen mind”. When they asked a mohawk person who knew the father-son relationship in AC3, he said it meant that Connor regrets killing his father. I guess that ties with what Connor wrote in the Forsaken novel. Poor Connor. :'(
And poor Haytham as well. Especially after reading this; “I hope that Connor, my own son, will read this journal, and perhaps, when he knows a little about my own journey through life, understand me, maybe even forgive me. My own path was paved with lies, my mistrust forged from treachery. But my own father never lied to me, and, with this journal, I preserve that custom.”
God knows how Connor felt after all the events that happened to him. He for sure was a scarred individual by the end.
I'm amazed how in-depth the characters in AC3 are. Espceially Connor, Haytham, Ziio and Achilles. Hope Ubisoft brings them back in some way if there's another Connor game. Maybe like the Christina memories in ACB? Child Connor with Ziio, teenage Connor with Achilles and adult Connor with Haytham.
The more I read about them the more I love them. No wonder Corey said that a novel was adapted the same time as the game. It wasn't possible all this to fit in the game anyway. :/ Shame. I know some people who say AC3's story would've been better as a novel series or a stand alone game. But hey, who says all needs to be explained in the game anyway? :D

Assassin_M
01-18-2013, 09:40 PM
When I read the title I was like "You have ?" But then I read the thread xDI think someone made a thread asking about this. Jenyto I think was the one who asked. Nice find.Agreed on Connor`s character. Maybe they have a plan as to not exhaust him. Have a game this year without him and the next year starring him.....That can work for people to somehow miss Connor...

FirestarLuva
01-18-2013, 11:07 PM
When I read the title I was like "You have ?" But then I read the thread xDI think someone made a thread asking about this. Jenyto I think was the one who asked. Nice find.Agreed on Connor`s character. Maybe they have a plan as to not exhaust him. Have a game this year without him and the next year starring him.....That can work for people to somehow miss Connor...

I hope. On their official facebook when a fan asked them for another game with Connor, they said they still don't have any plans for the next game and that we'll have to wait and see. I think they're lying just a little bit. Alex did say they know where to take Connor next and Matt said he'd personally love to see Connor go other places. I think French Revolution seems most likely. And 2 years would be just enough time to create the city. It'd be cool if they add London as well, since that would be more personal for Connor. Check out this fanfic when you have the time, it's amazing! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8837942/1/Assassin-s-Creed-III-Revolution
Even if the rumors with Brazil are true, I doubt they'll have enough time to create a city and a whole new frontier as well.
So, yeah, Connor sequel for 2014 will be great. We have the Tyranny coming out soon and a little movie/mini tv series related to AC3 would be nice if they sqeeze it sometime this year just to keep the memory of Connor fresh. :3 If Alex and Corey are going to work on it then 2014 does seem a possibility. If there's no news of a new AC until the end of march, I'll be happy! :D

Assassin_M
01-18-2013, 11:19 PM
I hope. On their official facebook when a fan asked them for another game with Connor, they said they still don't have any plans for the next game and that we'll have to wait and see. I think they're lying just a little bit. Alex did say they know where to take Connor next and Matt said he'd personally love to see Connor go other places. I think French Revolution seems most likely. And 2 years would be just enough time to create the city. It'd be cool if they add London as well, since that would be more personal for Connor. Check out this fanfic when you have the time, it's amazing! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8837942/1/Assassin-s-Creed-III-RevolutionEven if the rumors with Brazil are true, I doubt they'll have enough time to create a city and a whole new frontier as well. So, yeah, Connor sequel for 2014 will be great. We have the Tyranny coming out soon and a little movie/mini tv series related to AC3 would be nice if they sqeeze it sometime this year just to keep the memory of Connor fresh. :3 If Alex and Corey are going to work on it then 2014 does seem a possibility. If there's no news of a new AC until the end of march, I'll be happy! :DThat was actually very good. Great Dialogue too..I hope they don't screw up Connor....:\They have a tendency to screw things up

cmrggamer
01-19-2013, 01:07 AM
Thanks for the post, I may have seen it before but never looked more into it. I felt from how Connor acted about and with Haytham throughout the whole game it would make sense for him to regret it. Every chance he had he was reluctant. I think the fact that Haytham was his last biological family really tug at him.
I'm thinking I'm going to have to go ahead and buy Forsaken, because I just love so many of the characters from AC3.
I really hope there's another game and some of those memories with Ziio, Haytham, and Achilles as you suggested. I wish AC3 could have been a much longer game, that way we could have had more time with all of those characters.
I really like the idea of the French Revolution, and it would definitely be interesting to see Connor in England. I think another game with him early 2014 would be perfect :)

FirestarLuva
01-19-2013, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the post, I may have seen it before but never looked more into it. I felt from how Connor acted about and with Haytham throughout the whole game it would make sense for him to regret it. Every chance he had he was reluctant. I think the fact that Haytham was his last biological family really tug at him.
I'm thinking I'm going to have to go ahead and buy Forsaken, because I just love so many of the characters from AC3.
I really hope there's another game and some of those memories with Ziio, Haytham, and Achilles as you suggested. I wish AC3 could have been a much longer game, that way we could have had more time with all of those characters.
I really like the idea of the French Revolution, and it would definitely be interesting to see Connor in England. I think another game with him early 2014 would be perfect :)

Yeah, more time to develop it and polish it. Instead of adding new they can tweak and improve the present features (hunting, naval missions, etc). Less focus on adding something new and awesome and more time on the cities, the story and Connor's character development. Alex did say they'll thread carefully with Connor and won't drag him long enough, since I doubt they would want to screw up a character they spent 3 years developing. I don't think Alex would let the ACB/R team continue Connor seeing how he is satisfied with his work and Connor's character and said a few times how they all love Connor...if the same team goes with Connor, I doubt there would be an AC in 2013, and what's bad if they don't release an AC this year? They can focus on Watch Dogs for now.
French Revolution seems most likely, I wouldn't miss it if I were the devs, considering Ben Franklin, Lafayette were in France during that time. They could also use the recruits from AC3 and add more depth to them, seeing most of them were from France/England and how Connor said he'd love to visit their homeland one day. They can also add Aveline in it too.

jenyto
01-19-2013, 01:40 AM
Yayyyy finally the answer :o

How did you find the answer anyway?

FirestarLuva
01-19-2013, 02:01 AM
Yayyyy finally the answer :o

How did you find the answer anyway?

Tumblr. :3