PDA

View Full Version : Which story did you like more? Brotherhood or revelations?

ajl992008
01-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Ok this has been something that has bugged me a lot when revelations came out and people bashed it a lot, in terms of game changes people say that revelations didnt offer much in comparison to brotherhood, I disagree but that is subjective and I wouldn't argue, however when people kept saying that ACB has a BETTER STORY then that got me annoyed, so I created this poll to know ask do people like acb's story more when IMO acr had a much better story, I want to know your reasoning because to me personally I HATED BROTHERHOOD, it was a huge let down to me which I didn't experience in acr because that's my favourite game in the series, I'm not saying anyone's opinion is wrong but I strongly disagree and I want to know the reasons for this. IMO acbs story was simplistic, and boring and didnt really have much impact on me at all, there were no moments where i was blown away or sad, nothing that I thought was memorable. Anyway write it below after answering the poll :)

ajl992008
01-18-2013, 05:24 PM
Guys if your going to vote....write why you votes that choice because that's also quite important in this thread.......

Megas_Doux
01-18-2013, 05:29 PM
Revelations!!!!! Hands down.......

Brotherhood┤s story, at least Ezio┤s part, was uber linear and without any major twist. Besides, Cesare was turned into an spoiled little brat alone, his military genious was completely abandoned.

He could have been a GREAT templar.....

ajl992008
01-18-2013, 05:36 PM
The hardest I find is that people say that revelations story was too simple when ACB has such a simple story, "kill cesare, take back Rome" there I have summarised the plot, acr is complex and exciting with the STRONGEST cast of characters in the series IMO, no other game has anything on, yusuf, piri reis, Sofia, sulamon. Even the targets were very interesting. I felt so sorry for tahrik when I killed him and found out he wasn't a traitor, the multiplayer recruits were also very interesting, I mean I felt that vali could have been done better because I felt he was someone ezio could relate to in the mind set of revenge and what ezio could have become if he let revenge completely consume him.

SleezeRocker
01-18-2013, 05:42 PM
I picked ACB. I just found it a lil more enjoyable, regardless that Cesare was more of a bully than a traditional Templar. The side missions were also really fun and I found it somewhat more intersting.
ACR for me, the story got good somewhat good towards then end. Killin Tarik by mistake, Ahmet being a more..'realistic' view of being a Templar. Oh also I enyoed Sofia and Yusuf ;)

ajl992008
01-18-2013, 05:45 PM
You have given a fair answer so I respect that but some of the answers I have heard make it seem like acb's story completely demolishes revelations's story

PandaPuff86
01-18-2013, 06:04 PM
I personally love ACB a whole lot more than ACR. In ACB, the story stayed consisted with AC2 in the case of Rodrigo and also helped Ezio grow more into his mentor phase of his life. It also had a lot more story which is really interesting including the plot twist between Cesare and Lucrezia. Ezio deals with his emotions on being an assassin, his family, his personal life and the greater good even though he still doesn't understand what it all means. It also has more development with Desmond about his situation with the assassins going-ons to the eventual climax with his encounter with Juno and Lucy. The game also introduced MP for the first time which to this day is still considered the best MP ever.

ACR on the other hand, the story felt out of place. Out of no where, Ezio finds a letter about Altair and makes the journey to Constantinople. From Masyaf, he finds the local brotherhood meets Yusef, go on a long tutorial, get into more crap with that defense protecting your guild, meet Suleiman who has a very little role in this except bark orders, meet Sofia and again a small role as well, and lastly see the people behind the happenings randomly from Ahmet and Manuel. Really it was random, lacked any suspense or drama and way too short. I have no problem with the ending between Altair and Ezio but the scene after it was just a rehash of what we already heard in AC2. Very anti-climatic and meh. The MP this time round was just unspeakable, don't get me started.

My two cents.

ajl992008
01-18-2013, 06:15 PM
I must have forgotten but what plot twist between Lucrezia and cesare? And I wouldn't say acr is less consistent, I mean in ac1 we find out about Al Mualim being the villian in the end, which is kinds similiar, I thought it was cool how they introduced them as the villians, I wouldn't say the end scene was anti climactic, we learnt about there being a central vault, we learnt about the disaster before, ac3's ending was anti climactic I didn't feel the same with acr, I think acb's ending was good but after hating the main story so much I didn't really feel anything by the end, I didn't really care about Lucy's death because I was burnt by the main campaign, but that is my opinion.

pirate1802
01-18-2013, 06:39 PM
ACR by far. I felt ACB was just an expansion of AC2. The settings, the character, even the story, seemed to be just an extension of AC2's endgame. As someone above posted, he liked it, but I didn't. When I want a sequel, I want a sequel, I want one that actually feels like a sequel, not a DLC. There didn't seem to be enough material to create a full-blown sequel. The story could have been easily wrapped up in 3-4 sequences, but the stretched it out. The story itself was pretty ordinary, everything was predictable, the villains were your generic mustache-twirling bad guys. Nothing that made me go wow! Ezio was basically the same as he was when AC2 ended. To sum it up, ACB was a glorified (and shorter) AC2.

ACR on the other hand, there was actual time gap between ACB and it. Sure, the start seemed somewhat artificial, with Ezio receiving a letter out of nowhere, but it was a minor blemish. Ezio was a lot different than what we saw in ACB, there was an actual evolution of his character. The other characters too, were more interesting. I loved his relationship with Yusuf and not to forget, Sofia. The Altair flashbacks, though brief, were great. Tarik's mistake-assassination was a good twist. Showed even high and mighty assassins are not above mistakes. The villains were far above ACB's, especially Ahmet; he is among my favourite AC villains. (and was THE favourite before the great Haytham arrived.) They were ..so to say, humane, and not just evil-for-the-sake-of-being-evil types, like Cesare was. ACr dis a good job of reinventing the oral grayness in AC that I so sorely missed after AC1, a trend that AC3 continued. So, all in all, ACR had a far better story than ACB,

My opinion ofcourse :P

PandaPuff86
01-18-2013, 06:53 PM
I must have forgotten but what plot twist between Lucrezia and cesare? And I wouldn't say acr is less consistent, I mean in ac1 we find out about Al Mualim being the villian in the end, which is kinds similiar, I thought it was cool how they introduced them as the villians, I wouldn't say the end scene was anti climactic, we learnt about there being a central vault, we learnt about the disaster before, ac3's ending was anti climactic I didn't feel the same with acr, I think acb's ending was good but after hating the main story so much I didn't really feel anything by the end, I didn't really care about Lucy's death because I was burnt by the main campaign, but that is my opinion.

Between Cesare and Lucrezia, it was incest.

With the ACR ending, there was nothing new to me but just a repeated warning from Minerva but this time it was from Jupiter. All I get to see is a more visual viewing about what's going to happen. I know about the PoE's and the numerous vaults. I even know about the main vault from Minerva and Leonardo. It really was nothing new at all that I already know.

Assassin_M
01-18-2013, 08:14 PM
I felt like ACB was the sort of that story for kids. "Insieme per la Vittoria" "Vittoria agli assassini" I hated the story. Only thing that was mature was the incest and it felt forced for some reason.

Loved ACR`s story.

pacmanate
01-18-2013, 08:18 PM
AC:B I thought it was good but was just too short.

infamous_ezio
01-18-2013, 08:24 PM
I thought ACB was better. Too short though.. Desmond portion was much better in ACB as well

straty88
01-18-2013, 08:57 PM
Cesare wasn't fleshed out as much as I wanted, he was just a stereotypical villain with no depth. Plus the story was just too predictable & as someone above said it could of been done in 4 sequences. Only a few new characters & all the new characters just never really clicked for me so I never really cared for them. It just felt like something that could of been part of some DLC or something. The ending was the only part of the story that surprised me.

Although ACR didn't offer all that I wanted in terms of actual revelations, especially concerning the modern day stuff. However I much prefer the older Ezio from Revelations (and later Embers), when compared to Brotherhoods Ezio. I really liked most of the characters you meet in the game. Ahmet brought back some of that moral grey area from AC1, which was a big problem for me with ACB and AC2. It also had some of the best moments (Yusuf in the book shop and Ezio in Altairs library) in the series, which made me genuinely sad after playing them.

Kaschra
01-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Revelations by far.

I enjoyed the modern day part in Brotherhood more than the history part, to be honest. I don't know, the story lacked something. It was rather predictable IMO and doesn't have much memorable scenes. Unlike Revelations, there are so many scenes I simply love (like the ending in Altair's library).
Cesare was a pretty cliche villain. Revelations has better villains. At least Ahmet believed in what he said, and was not just the typical powerhungry villain like Cesare. Heck, for a long time I didn't even know who the main antagonist was. And yeah, they fooled me with Tarik. Totally fell for that and thought he was a villain. I really felt bad when I found out he was innocent :/
I also prefer Revelations-Ezio over Brotherhood-Ezio.

POP1Fan
01-18-2013, 09:37 PM
Revelations by far. I enjoyed the modern day part in Brotherhood more than the history part, to be honest. I don't know, the story lacked something. It was rather predictable IMO and doesn't have much memorable scenes. Unlike Revelations, there are so many scenes I simply love (like the ending in Altair's library). Cesare was a pretty cliche villain. Revelations has better villains. At least Ahmet believed in what he said, and was not just the typical powerhungry villain like Cesare. Heck, for a long time I didn't even know who the main antagonist was. And yeah, they fooled me with Tarik. Totally fell for that and thought he was a villain. I really felt bad when I found out he was innocent :/ I also prefer Revelations-Ezio over Brotherhood-Ezio. I really think that the reason so many believed Tarik was a villian was specificaly because of the villians in Brotherhood who were presented like "this guy bad, kill"... Revelations took advantage of that and made a little twist :D

ajl992008
01-18-2013, 09:59 PM
Between Cesare and Lucrezia, it was incest.With the ACR ending, there was nothing new to me but just a repeated warning from Minerva but this time it was from Jupiter. All I get to see is a more visual viewing about what's going to happen. I know about the PoE's and the numerous vaults. I even know about the main vault from Minerva and Leonardo. It really was nothing new at all that I already know.Mate Minerva said "templeS" and Jupiter talked about a GRAND TEMPLE meaning one..... We got to see the end if the previous civ, that's enough for the present day plot, for me that game was ALL about ezio and Altair and seeing their conclusion, that was my revelation in the game,seeing their ending and seeing it done so well is worth more, people keep saying that AC is about its historical setting and ancestors but if people complain when a game was supposed to mainly end the stories of the series 2 main characters that's not fair, they even said the main revelations will be about ezio and Altair so people only assumed, Darby said in a couple of interviews and there will be some elaboration on ac2 which was given. That's one thing I don't like, everyone is focusing on acr's negatives when the positives far outweigh them.Plus cesare and Lucrezia was not really a plot twist what does that do for the main story, that was not relevant at all, if people say that that is a bigger plot twist then seeing Ahmet as the Templar leader or tahrik being innocent or there being a separate apple in masyaf then I give up.

ajl992008
01-18-2013, 10:00 PM
I felt like ACB was the sort of that story for kids. "Insieme per la Vittoria" "Vittoria agli assassini" I hated the story. Only thing that was mature was the incest and it felt forced for some reason. Loved ACR`s story.This 100 times over!!!

andreG1ant
01-18-2013, 10:13 PM
ACR on the other hand, the story felt out of place. Out of no where, Ezio finds a letter about Altair and makes the journey to Constantinople.

I believe he got those letters in ACII (?), you know, the ones we couldn't read/open because the game said it wasn't ''right'' to open them. Anyway, AC:R's story is by far the best of the two IMO.

ajl992008
01-18-2013, 10:15 PM
I believe he got those letters in ACII (?), you know, the ones we couldn't read/open because the game said it wasn't ''right'' to open them. Anyway, AC:R's story is by far the best of the two IMO.Yeah ezio found it in the villa it was addressed to his father , it would have been good if they included that in the game to set it up better or a cgi opening on it but oh well it is explained I guess.

SixKeys
01-18-2013, 10:22 PM
Brotherhood. It may have been as simple as "liberate Rome from the Borgias" but the new characters were more memorable and existing ones were fleshed out more. ACR's plot was literally about Ezio looking for his keys. :rolleyes: The modern day story was also much more intriguing. Being able to explore modern day Monteriggioni, looking for more clues from Subject 16, and of course the cliffhanger at the end. In ACR Desmond was stuck in a platforming puzzle the whole game and 16 was suddenly a completely different character, one far less mysterious and interesting than previous games had hinted at. ACR had huge potential but unfortunately it blew it. It could have been a great fish-out-of-water story and Ezio coming to terms with being an old man, pondering the parallels between himself and Alta´r, and finding love where he least expected it. But being in a strange country was absolutely no hindrance at all, he was still as strong and agile as ever, Sofia was the least interesting female the series has ever produced and the Alta´r segments felt disjointed from Ezio's story.

ajl992008
01-18-2013, 10:35 PM
Brotherhood. It may have been as simple as "liberate Rome from the Borgias" but the new characters were more memorable and existing ones were fleshed out more. ACR's plot was literally about Ezio looking for his keys. :rolleyes: The modern day story was also much more intriguing. Being able to explore modern day Monteriggioni, looking for more clues from Subject 16, and of course the cliffhanger at the end. In ACR Desmond was stuck in a platforming puzzle the whole game and 16 was suddenly a completely different character, one far less mysterious and interesting than previous games had hinted at. ACR had huge potential but unfortunately it blew it. It could have been a great fish-out-of-water story and Ezio coming to terms with being an old man, pondering the parallels between himself and Alta´r, and finding love where he least expected it. But being in a strange country was absolutely no hindrance at all, he was still as strong and agile as ever, Sofia was the least interesting female the series has ever produced and the Alta´r segments felt disjointed from Ezio's story.There are lots of references of ezio coming to terms to being an old man, Sofia is not the most boring female lead, she's clever funny and has curiosity, don't tell me you preferred caterina....... In acr Desmond was in a coma what were you expecting him to do? And the puzzle had an interesting art style but I guess it can be argued they may have been better 3rd person but the story in Desmond's sections were great, listen to what he is saying, you get an idea of what his life has been like. Subject 16 was a mysterious character because you never met him mere you expecting him to wear cloak and mask in the game? Ezio did ponder the parallels between him and Altair, at the end of each Altair memory ezio would comment in the connections, what new characters in ACB? I can't even remember any of them, Except cesare because he was SO ANNOYING. You say the plot was just ezio looking for the keys but you just went against yourself, are you implying its simplistic as a negative when you just admitted that ACB had a simple story? And there's more to it, he is looking for wisdom and that brings him into contact with the issues in Constantinople and he finds a love interest adding another layer to the story, plus there is altars moments having another effect on the overall story. I'm confused, in what way were the Altair segments disjointed please explain?

SixKeys
01-18-2013, 11:12 PM
There are lots of references of ezio coming to terms to being an old man, Sofia is not the most boring female lead, she's clever funny and has curiosity, don't tell me you preferred caterina....... Caterina wasn't my favorite either (my fave is actually Rosa from AC2), but at least she had passion and determination. It was always clear she was ambitious and headstrong. When her children were kidnapped by the Orsi brothers, her response wasn't to cry and beg, she told them she could always make more. She only had sex with Ezio because she believed he would be a powerful ally. Her goals were that important to her. Funny? Clever? Were we watching the same character? When did Sofia ever crack a joke in the entire game? Ezio claimed she was passionate but all she ever did was claim "Incredibile!" at everything. When she discovers a secret underground lair inside her bookshop, she is barely phased, just wonders "My goodness, I wonder who put that there".
In acr Desmond was in a coma what were you expecting him to do? And the puzzle had an interesting art style but I guess it can be argued they may have been better 3rd person but the story in Desmond's sections were great, listen to what he is saying, you get an idea of what his life has been like. I do agree about the art style. I actually don't mind the Desmond sections. I still don't think they were as interesting as the modern day stuff in ACB though.
Subject 16 was a mysterious character because you never met him mere you expecting him to wear cloak and mask in the game? No, I expected him to explain what the heck he meant with all the crap about Eve and Eden and all the other stuff he teased us with in ACB. Instead he's all "sup, Desmond? I know I acted like a crazy rambling person before, but I got better all of a sudden and now I'm just your average guy".
Ezio did ponder the parallels between him and Altair, at the end of each Altair memory ezio would comment in the connections Yes, but I expected him to actually learn something from them, instead of just one simple sentence at the end of each memory. I wished there would have been more of an ongoing reflection about how easy Ezio has had it his whole life compared to Alta´r. When they showed Alta´r as a young man devoted to the assassins, Ezio should have reflected on his own teenage years as the son of a rich noble without a care in the world. When Alta´r lost his father figure (Al Mualim), Ezio could have thought about his own father and how different their relationship was. When they showed Alta´r losing his wife, Ezio should have pondered about his carefree playboy days, or maybe thinking back to the time he lost Cristina. All the Alta´r segments were disjointed and had no parallels with Ezio's journey.
what new characters in ACB? I can't even remember any of them, Except cesare because he was SO ANNOYING. Cesare, Lucrezia and Pantasilea.
You say the plot was just ezio looking for the keys but you just went against yourself, are you implying its simplistic as a negative when you just admitted that ACB had a simple story? I'm saying they're both simple. It doesn't mean I think simplistic has to be negative. I just don't think ACR has this great, complex story everybody claims it does. ACB had a simple story which was elevated by its characters IMO.
And there's more to it, he is looking for wisdom and that brings him into contact with the issues in Constantinople and he finds a love interest adding another layer to the story, plus there is altars moments having another effect on the overall story. I'm confused, in what way were the Altair segments disjointed please explain? See my point above about the Alta´r segments. Ezio's quest for wisdom was never explored further either. We only know he's after the keys because he doesn't want them to fall into Templar hands. Nothing about searching for wisdom, even though that's what the marketing claimed this game was about. The things he learns from Alta´r are summarized with one sentence at the end of each segment and the speech he delivers to Sofia at Masyaf. Ezio finds a love interest, but as a character she's as flat as a cardboard. We never see WHY he falls in love with her, we only get him EXPLAINING to us (via the letters to Claudia) that he loves her. Like the saying goes: "show, don't tell". He TELLS us she is inspiring and passionate, but the only evidence we ever see of this is her exclaiming "Incredibile!" at everything. I wish there would have been more moments like the scene where they're havnig a picnic together. Simple, quiet moments where the characters have time to talk about their lives and to give us more of an idea of what Ezio sees in her. But they never even get started in having a real conversation. As soon as they're sat down, she brings up the Masyaf keys again. It's almost like the devs were afraid to develop their relationship on-screen because they feared people would get bored for 5 mins without action. Again, I think ACR had great potential if they had only spent more time getting all these elements right. It's just obvious they had to rush things to get the game out within one year and that's tragic.

ajl992008
01-18-2013, 11:12 PM
I think this scene alone makes acr's story better:http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tloqMNSay0E

SixKeys
01-18-2013, 11:15 PM
It would have been good if only I had cared at all about Yusuf before he died.

Assassin_M
01-18-2013, 11:17 PM
Opinions, Guys...

ajl992008
01-18-2013, 11:25 PM
Caterina wasn't my favorite either (my fave is actually Rosa from AC2), but at least she had passion and determination. It was always clear she was ambitious and headstrong. When her children were kidnapped by the Orsi brothers, her response wasn't to cry and beg, she told them she could always make more. She only had sex with Ezio because she believed he would be a powerful ally. Her goals were that important to her. Funny? Clever? Were we watching the same character? When did Sofia ever crack a joke in the entire game? Ezio claimed she was passionate but all she ever did was claim "Incredibile!" at everything. When she discovers a secret underground lair inside her bookshop, she is barely phased, just wonders "My goodness, I wonder who put that there". I do agree about the art style. I actually don't mind the Desmond sections. I still don't think they were as interesting as the modern day stuff in ACB though. No, I expected him to explain what the heck he meant with all the crap about Eve and Eden and all the other stuff he teased us with in ACB. Instead he's all "sup, Desmond? I know I acted like a crazy rambling person before, but I got better all of a sudden and now I'm just your average guy". Yes, but I expected him to actually learn something from them, instead of just one simple sentence at the end of each memory. I wished there would have been more of an ongoing reflection about how easy Ezio has had it his whole life compared to Alta´r. When they showed Alta´r as a young man devoted to the assassins, Ezio should have reflected on his own teenage years as the son of a rich noble without a care in the world. When Alta´r lost his father figure (Al Mualim), Ezio could have thought about his own father and how different their relationship was. When they showed Alta´r losing his wife, Ezio should have pondered about his carefree playboy days, or maybe thinking back to the time he lost Cristina. All the Alta´r segments were disjointed and had no parallels with Ezio's journey. Cesare, Lucrezia and Pantasilea. I'm saying they're both simple. It doesn't mean I think simplistic has to be negative. I just don't think ACR has this great, complex story everybody claims it does. ACB had a simple story which was elevated by its characters IMO. See my point above about the Alta´r segments. Ezio's quest for wisdom was never explored further either. We only know he's after the keys because he doesn't want them to fall into Templar hands. Nothing about searching for wisdom, even though that's what the marketing claimed this game was about. The things he learns from Alta´r are summarized with one sentence at the end of each segment and the speech he delivers to Sofia at Masyaf. Ezio finds a love interest, but as a character she's as flat as a cardboard. We never see WHY he falls in love with her, we only get him EXPLAINING to us (via the letters to Claudia) that he loves her. Like the saying goes: "show, don't tell". He TELLS us she is inspiring and passionate, but the only evidence we ever see of this is her exclaiming "Incredibile!" at everything. I wish there would have been more moments like the scene where they're havnig a picnic together. Simple, quiet moments where the characters have time to talk about their lives and to give us more of an idea of what Ezio sees in her. But they never even get started in having a real conversation. As soon as they're sat down, she brings up the Masyaf keys again. It's almost like the devs were afraid to develop their relationship on-screen because they feared people would get bored for 5 mins without action. Again, I think ACR had great potential if they had only spent more time getting all these elements right. It's just obvious they had to rush things to get the game out within one year and that's tragic.You offer some good arguments so hats off to you. I agree with rosa she was an amazing character. Sofia had a charm to her IMO, I didn't mean funny as in her joke I meant in her interaction with ezio, not funny enough to laugh at but smile at, fair enough about Desmond sections but we can agree that that's subjective on what's better, Darby explained why none of the s16 stuff was explained, 16% of people that bought the game saw that so the team didnt think it was worth showing just yet, some is covered inac3, plus some of it is for future games as said by the writers. I guess more elaboration could have been done on ezio learning from Altair but I think it was enough but ill admit that it is subjective. Sorry I can't agree with you on characters, acr IMO has much better characters than ACB, such as yusuf, this scene was more powerful than any scene with the characters you listed:http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tloqMNSay0EI will have to respectfully disagree and say that acr's story is definitely more complex than ACB. Ezio was looking for secrets on the order which were in the library, he was not going to learn anything beforehand so he cant display his wisdom except in being knowledgeable in the ways of the assassins hence training assassins etc. you make some good point but for the most part I disagree.

Th3Aw3som3On31
01-19-2013, 05:14 AM
I picked ACB. While Revelations is great it isn't my favorite game of the series. Revelations shows Ezio as he matures, which was awesome, but it didn't feel like an AC game to me. It felt out of place, eventhough it was good.

Turul.
01-19-2013, 06:41 AM
Brotherhood, the revelations story of ezio finding purpose is great and the altair flashbacks are awesome, but i really loved getting revenge on the borgias and the end of ACB was the most WTF thing ive seen in awhile.

also dont put major plot points in DLC Ubisoft. That was a horrible mistake.

Assassin_M
01-19-2013, 06:46 AM
I am completely astonished, Imagine that. People have different opinions than you....That`s astonishing http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/rolleyes.pngOne more thing....I believe he said story. I`m astonished by how you think ACB is a superior game......See ??

Turul.
01-19-2013, 06:47 AM
Imagine that. People have different opinions than you....That`s astonishing http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/rolleyes.pngOne more thing....I believe he said story.

lol i realized that. the story in revelations was okay, but the ending was really underwhelming, and the whole plot felt kinda rushed along.

crash3
01-19-2013, 08:57 AM
ACB had a longer story which was slightly more in depth than ACR. ACR was simply good vs evil, there was no complexity to the storyline apart from the ending which, as good as it was, still didn't leave us with he usual cliff-hanger that previous games had done. ACR gameplay was better in terms of free-roaming and combat but the storyline was really short and simple.AC2 best storyline by far in the series

Assassin_M
01-19-2013, 09:16 AM
ACB was simply good vs evilFixed

roostersrule2
01-19-2013, 09:26 AM
lol i realized that. the story in revelations was okay, but the ending was really underwhelming, and the whole plot felt kinda rushed along.What? The ending was the best in the series.

ajl992008
01-19-2013, 11:37 AM
ACB had a longer story which was slightly more in depth than ACR. ACR was simply good vs evil, there was no complexity to the storyline apart from the ending which, as good as it was, still didn't leave us with he usual cliff-hanger that previous games had done. ACR gameplay was better in terms of free-roaming and combat but the storyline was really short and simple.AC2 best storyline by far in the seriesOh dear.... I Know It's your opinion but what's happening with AC fans ? Revelations was good versus evil? Where the hell was this "grey morality" in ACB? It had the most cliche characters, dumbest phrases, most idiotic plot points I thought I was playing a children's story, the only parts that were good were Desmond's sections and the Christina missions in terms of story otherwise it's pants. Acr had a grey morality with many layers of story occurs, ACB has 1: kill the Borgia and take back Rome.......

Kaschra
01-19-2013, 05:49 PM
ACB had a longer story which was slightly more in depth than ACR. ACR was simply good vs evil,

What.
ACB's antagonist was the cliche powerhungry, greedy villain who wants to rule. While Ahmet from ACR said things like this:

"I will open that library, and I will find the Grand Temple. And with the power that is hidden there, I will destroy the superstitions that keep men divided."
Ahmet: "Because I am tired of all these pointless blood feuds that pit father against son, brother against brother. To achieve true peace, mankind must think and move as one body, with one master mind."
He believed in what he said.

And also, Abbas. Abbas Sofian, the assassin, who caused so much pain and injustice. An "evil" assassin, so to say.

SuperLoboMau 25
01-19-2013, 09:56 PM
In subject of story I prefer Revelations, except for the villain. But in gameplay Brotherhood is better.

Assassin_M
01-19-2013, 10:01 PM
But in gameplay Brotherhood is better.
You mean the gameplay that was basically copy paste since AC II ?? Alright:rolleyes:

UrDeviant1
01-19-2013, 10:04 PM
I think people underestimate the complexity of ACR's plot.

Assassin_M
01-19-2013, 10:08 PM
I think people underestimate the complexity of ACR's plot.
I find it hard to comprehend how people would choose ACB`s story over ACR`s...

And hell, ACR good vs evil ?? Lol.....Lol and another Lol (Not you. another poster who said this)

BaronVonES
01-19-2013, 10:09 PM
While I enjoyed the experience of playing Brotherhood more than Revelations (the title which bored me most in the main AC series), I concede that Revelations' story is better written. Although there is less of a sense of urgency and Ezio's relation to the most important events seem a little tangential, the moral ambiguity that the Templars (well, really Ahmet) had blew the cartoonishly villainous mooks of II and Brotherhood out of the water. It was a bit disappointing though that Ahmet became so unambiguously cockish by the end with how he double-crossed Ezio with Sofia (I thought that instance of cowardice really undermined the 'well, he might actually be an anti-hero/anti-villain' potential he had). Still, better than Rodrigo and Cesare, who from the start seemed to go out of their way to be the biggest bastards they could possibly be, irrespective of the overall Templar goal (till they were put in their respective places, that is).

MasterAssasin84
01-19-2013, 10:41 PM
Revelations !! there is no contest, i found brotherhood's story very shallow and lacked depth.

revelations was very good story telling, Ezio had beaten his enemies fought and won his battles and was searching for the truth about his life long quest preserving mankind and freedom
and constantinople was a fantastic location.

ajl992008
01-19-2013, 10:47 PM
In subject of story I prefer Revelations, except for the villain. But in gameplay Brotherhood is better.but.....acr had all the gameplay elements of acb.... that makes no sense, all the new gameplay additions can be avoided, you don't need to use bombs, the hookblade to some extent is optional and likewise with eagle sense, i know its your opinion so i will respect it but it makes no sense.

ajl992008
01-19-2013, 10:51 PM
While I enjoyed the experience of playing Brotherhood more than Revelations (the title which bored me most in the main AC series), I concede that Revelations' story is better written. Although there is less of a sense of urgency and Ezio's relation to the most important events seem a little tangential, the moral ambiguity that the Templars (well, really Ahmet) had blew the cartoonishly villainous mooks of II and Brotherhood out of the water. It was a bit disappointing though that Ahmet became so unambiguously cockish by the end with how he double-crossed Ezio with Sofia (I thought that instance of cowardice really undermined the 'well, he might actually be an anti-hero/anti-villain' potential he had). Still, better than Rodrigo and Cesare, who from the start seemed to go out of their way to be the biggest bastards they could possibly be, irrespective of the overall Templar goal (till they were put in their respective places, that is).no the grey morality was with all templars not just ahmet, to an extent that masked guy in cappadocia is an exception but he also had his reasons for hating the ottomons ( i cant spell his name). all of the multiplayer characters had some level of grey morality to them, some more than others. there was more of an urgency than brotherhood, ezio had to find the keys but in brotherhood he had time to do jobs for the various guilts, something i didnt see him do in acr. i can agree with the way ahmet double crossed ezio though but even that was done well in a way, it wasnt like ahmet had sofia by the throat, made a silly remakr with sofia screaming "help help" and ezio saying " i will save you!" it was done in a less cliche way.

dxsxhxcx
01-19-2013, 10:54 PM
IMO Ezio' story was way better in ACR (specialy the ending), Altair had some good moments in ACR but I think little effort was made to make his sequences as enjoyable as they could've been, I can't help but think that Altair was in the game just for the sake of being there (a excuse to create a new game), read the Secret Crusade was more enjoyable than play his memories in ACR, the only moment of ACB that IMO is worth mentioning is the attack to the Villa, but the modern day was better in ACB (S16 message and the ending), S16 was reduced to nothing in ACR and the mission design of Desmond/S16 journey was lame as hell, if only we were able to relive the memories from where all the information of those sequences were taken like we do with the ancestors but in 1st person IMO they would've been a lot better.

BaronVonES
01-19-2013, 10:55 PM
but.....acr had all the gameplay elements of acb.... that makes no sense, all the new gameplay additions can be avoided, you don't need to use bombs, the hookblade to some extent is optional and likewise with eagle sense, i know its your opinion so i will respect it but it makes no sense.
That might just be the thing though: if someone considers all of the new gameplay additions to be meaningless, then Revelations would just be 'Brotherhood + needless fluff'. Would you prefer a combat system that had everything you liked and nothing that you didn't like, or everything you liked and a few things you just didn't care for (and potentially disliked)? I don't necessarily agree with SuperLoboMau, but I can see reasons for his view (i.e. for him Brotherhood might be a more tightened gameplay experience).

no the grey morality was with all templars not just ahmet, to an extent that masked guy in cappadocia is an exception but he also had his reasons for hating the ottomons ( i cant spell his name). all of the multiplayer characters had some level of grey morality to them, some more than others. there was more of an urgency than brotherhood, ezio had to find the keys but in brotherhood he had time to do jobs for the various guilts, something i didnt see him do in acr. i can agree with the way ahmet double crossed ezio though but even that was done well in a way, it wasnt like ahmet had sofia by the throat, made a silly remakr with sofia screaming "help help" and ezio saying " i will save you!" it was done in a less cliche way.
Fair enough if the other Templars were also morally grey (I never access the multiplayer component of the games). As for the lack of urgency, Yahtzee Croshaw (https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDcQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.escapistmagazine.com%2Fvideos %2Fview%2Fzero-punctuation%2F5114-Assassins-Creed-Revelations&ei=8xb7ULL5DqLC0QWsvYDwDA&usg=AFQjCNHTDkbjcVM9qHApfD0Giar6nhwKQw&bvm=bv.41248874,d.d2k) explains better what I meant - it's not that events aren't occurring at all, but that there isn't really an overarching main plot element that binds the events together as urgently as the other games (I found AC1, AC3 and Brotherhood did this better). Lastly, I agree that Ahmet's actions weren't cliche (I was taken by surprise when they happened) - they just could have been done without, since they were purely done to spite Ezio (like Rodrigo getting Ezio's father and brother executed just to prove a point, and Cesare blowing the Monteriggioni villa to kingdom come for the same reason).

Assassin_M
01-19-2013, 10:58 PM
for him Brotherhood might be a more tightened gameplay experience).
Which makes absolutely no sense...

BaronVonES
01-19-2013, 11:09 PM
Which makes absolutely no sense...
Tightened because it lacks the bells and whistles that one might find unnecessary. It only has what the person enjoys: nothing more, nothing less. It's a means of juxtaposing 'unfocused' (where a game's mechanics seem to incorporate a lot of good elements and not-so-good elements, rather than having just the good). That is all that I mean. Again, I find Revelations' combat and gameplay more refined (and better) than Brotherhood's, but I can see why others might see certain refinements as just bells and whistles.

ajl992008
01-19-2013, 11:13 PM
That might just be the thing though: if someone considers all of the new gameplay additions to be meaningless, then Revelations would just be 'Brotherhood + needless fluff'. Would you prefer a combat system that had everything you liked and nothing that you didn't like, or everything you liked and a few things you just didn't care for (and potentially disliked)? I don't necessarily agree with SuperLoboMau, but I can see reasons for his view (i.e. for him Brotherhood might be a more tightened gameplay experience).

Fair enough if the other Templars were also morally grey (I never access the multiplayer component of the games). As for the lack of urgency, Yahtzee Croshaw (https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDcQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.escapistmagazine.com%2Fvideos %2Fview%2Fzero-punctuation%2F5114-Assassins-Creed-Revelations&ei=8xb7ULL5DqLC0QWsvYDwDA&usg=AFQjCNHTDkbjcVM9qHApfD0Giar6nhwKQw&bvm=bv.41248874,d.d2k) explains better what I meant - it's not that events aren't occurring at all, but that there isn't really an overarching main plot element that binds the events together as urgently as the other games (I found AC1, AC3 and Brotherhood did this better). Lastly, I agree that Ahmet's actions weren't cliche (I was taken by surprise when they happened) - they just could have been done without, since they were purely done to spite Ezio (like Rodrigo getting Ezio's father and brother executed just to prove a point, and Cesare blowing the Monteriggioni villa to kingdom come for the same reason).

but there was an overarching plot, to enter altairs library using the keys, that added a layer of intrigue and mystery because we didnt actually know what was inside the library. when i said multiplayer characters i meant when you assassinate them in the single player in the side missions, as you upgrade recruits you go on side missions with them to assassinate templar agents (the multiplayer characters) they were all relatable as they had their reasons for doing what they did but also its not like acb where it was the same cutscenes in the white room, this time they actually got full speeches which were very good. and on the topic of gameplay, i can agree that it is subjective but IMO all the additions were useful, the hookblade was a more fun to use in travelling than the horses. the bombs allowed people to play missions how they liked, there were so many that you simply had to have liked some of the combinations. i liked den defence but i can understand if people didnt like it, those who hated the desmond sections missed the point of them, i saw them as an interactive story than a core gameplay mechanic. even previous aspects from brotherhood were improved and many of brotherhoods additions were passable, the only one i used was the new fight system but even that wasn't amazing. this is getting off topic now because the thread is based on the story so i apologise lol.

UrDeviant1
01-19-2013, 11:32 PM
I think there's one thing everyone Is overlooking about ACR...why did Juno put Desmond In to a coma? that to me is very interesting. People don't spend enough time discussing the modern day story in any depth.

ajl992008
01-19-2013, 11:52 PM
I think there's one thing everyone Is overlooking about ACR...why did Juno put Desmond In to a coma? that to me is very interesting. People don't spend enough time discussing the modern day story in any depth.

i think it was to allow desmond to meet clay because in the lost archive clay speaks with juno but im actually not sure, thats a good question.

and the reason people don't discuss it it because they spend too much time complaining about desmonds missions being in 1st person....

ajl992008
01-19-2013, 11:55 PM
I can't believe how many people have chosen acb's story over acr. it is a matter of opinion but i am very surprised.

Th3Aw3som3On31
01-20-2013, 12:23 AM
I can't believe how many people have chosen acb's story over acr. it is a matter of opinion but i am very surprised, these are probably the same people who didn't like connor.....

No, I voted for ACB, and I liked Connor.

TheHumanTowel
01-20-2013, 12:41 AM
No, I voted for ACB, and I liked Connor.
He's just annoyed that ACR isn't winning in a landslide because he wants this poll to validate his opinion. That's why he said something negative about the people who disagree with him, that they probably don't like Connor (which is a ridiculous assumption), to discredit them and make him feel better about his opinion.

straty88
01-20-2013, 01:00 AM
I think there's one thing everyone Is overlooking about ACR...why did Juno put Desmond In to a coma? that to me is very interesting. People don't spend enough time discussing the modern day story in any depth.I thought the reason Desmond went into the coma was because he couldn't handle Junos control along with the other 'things' that happened etc? Or if that isn't the case perhaps she was just trying to delay him as long as possible, so Desmond was forced into making a decision at the end of AC3?

Assassin_M
01-20-2013, 01:06 AM
I thought the reason Desmond went into the coma was because he couldn't handle Junos control along with the other 'things' that happened etc? Or if that isn't the case perhaps she was just trying to delay him as long as possible, so Desmond was forced into making a decision at the end of AC3?
The first is not what he means by "reason". He`s referring to the Coma`s significance in the scheme of things.

The second may be, but I highly think not, because I`m sure Juno was probably finished with her plan as of Desmond`s time. She had over 10,000 years after all...

ajl992008
01-20-2013, 01:16 AM
He's just annoyed that ACR isn't winning in a landslide because he wants this poll to validate his opinion. That's why he said something negative about the people who disagree with him, that they probably don't like Connor (which is a ridiculous assumption), to discredit them and make him feel better about his opinion.

ok ok i am sorry didn't mean to offend anyone, I am just very surprised thats all, you are free to like whatever one you like, i have to admit its been very interesting to read everyone answers. i don't need to solidify my opinion because its just that, an opinion but i will argue for it.

straty88
01-20-2013, 01:23 AM
The first is not what he means by "reason". He`s referring to the Coma`s significance in the scheme of things.Ah yeah, I misinterpreted that slightly.
The second may be, but I highly think not, because I`m sure Juno was probably finished with her plan as of Desmond`s time. She had over 10,000 years after all...Yeah true. :)

ajl992008
01-20-2013, 02:17 AM
i really would like to know about the development of acr, it seems like some cool aspects were left out, e.g. if we look at the desmonds journey trailer it looks a lot different then the final game, another example is the gamescom trailer which shows some other altair memories that never made the game or the e3 demo which showed some cool hookblade kill animations that werent in the game. it would be great if esco or someone did a podcast/ interview with the acr devs on the development.

Assassin_M
01-20-2013, 02:19 AM
i really would like to know about the development of acr, it seems like some cool aspects were left out, e.g. if we look at the desmonds journey trailer it looks a lot different then the final game, another example is the gamescom trailer which shows some other altair memories that never made the game or the e3 demo which showed some cool hookblade kill animations that werent in the game. it would be great if esco or someone did a podcast/ interview with the acr devs on the development.
ACR was supposed to have more random events.
ACR was supposed to have much more Altair time. 2 of the known removed ones were Altair going to Constantinople to spread the word and another where he escapes the city through the sewers.
There was also free roam in Masyaf.
The Intro CGI was actually gameplay

No source of any of the things I mentioned

ProGamerX56
01-20-2013, 09:52 AM
A draw for me, but I think AC Brotherhood was better in other aspects.

straty88
01-20-2013, 01:20 PM

Loomer and Esco did a podcast with Jeffrey Yohalem & he gave a little bit of insight of some of the things that were cut from the game. Mainly to do with Desmonds journey and TLA.

ajl992008
01-20-2013, 03:15 PM
Loomer and Esco did a podcast with Jeffrey Yohalem & he gave a little bit of insight of some of the things that were cut from the game. Mainly to do with Desmonds journey and TLA.
i saw it but wasn't that more so based towards the lost archive? it would be great to have a podcast with darby and that poiker guy and maybe the art director etc they can give a far better insight into acr's development, jeffrey was the acb writer and he did cover what was left out of that game which was apparantly nothing, he said it was a "dream project" if i remember correctly.

straty88
01-20-2013, 04:19 PM
i saw it but wasn't that more so based towards the lost archive? it would be great to have a podcast with darby and that poiker guy and maybe the art director etc they can give a far better insight into acr's development, jeffrey was the acb writer and he did cover what was left out of that game which was apparantly nothing, he said it was a "dream project" if i remember correctly.

Yeah for sure it was mainly based around TLA but he did mention some of the Desmond stuff that was cut from the main game iirc. As for the rest of the game, yeah I'd love to see a interview with Darby and the creative director (I forgot his name). However I think it's a bit late to see that now, plus I'd rather see a podcast with Corey etc regarding AC3. :)

lothario-da-be
01-20-2013, 04:26 PM
Acb's story is just too simplistic. The only special thing were La volpe's doubts about Machiavelli

ajl992008
01-20-2013, 05:09 PM
Yeah for sure it was mainly based around TLA but he did mention some of the Desmond stuff that was cut from the main game iirc. As for the rest of the game, yeah I'd love to see a interview with Darby and the creative director (I forgot his name). However I think it's a bit late to see that now, plus I'd rather see a podcast with Corey etc regarding AC3. :)

the creative director was alex amancio but i doubt he would ever be able to do it because he has left ubisoft for some creative marketing firm, it happened about a month or so after acr.

EscoBlades
01-20-2013, 08:07 PM
it would be great to have a podcast with darby.....they can give a far better insight into acr's developmentHere you go - Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLc_HUzhHaQand Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtIfxMj4BE0

ajl992008
01-20-2013, 10:05 PM
Here you go - Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLc_HUzhHaQand Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtIfxMj4BE0

woah thanks a lot esco!

ToughGuy31
01-21-2013, 03:49 AM
Well, in my opinion gameplay comes first, so brotherhood is a better GAME. But for the most part, Revelations had a better story.

FR0ZENZiNE
01-21-2013, 06:19 AM
ACR was better than ACB I think. The end was such a mindf*ck and the story is directed more

Mardarkin
01-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Although I preferred the story of AC:R as a story, I didn't enjoy it so much as the background for a videogame. The ultimate red herring and reveal of the Templars at the end was done well, but the trade-off was a serious lack of Templars as a serious threat throughout game. Once you had removed all towers, the only guards left were Ottomans, and the Templar Awareness mechanic seemed a bit arbitrary by that point. The only Templars you'd run into were on missions. On the other hand, your mission in Brotherhood was clear, and the uniting of factions to take on a determinable goal gave the plot drive and focus. Your enemy was everywhere and the feeling of rebuilding not only the City but your own Order's power was well achieved. Simply for that reason I preferred Brotherhood as a game. If I were to read a novelization of the stories, though, Revelations all the way.

ajl992008
01-21-2013, 02:04 PM
Although I preferred the story of AC:R as a story, I didn't enjoy it so much as the background for a videogame. The ultimate red herring and reveal of the Templars at the end was done well, but the trade-off was a serious lack of Templars as a serious threat throughout game. Once you had removed all towers, the only guards left were Ottomans, and the Templar Awareness mechanic seemed a bit arbitrary by that point. The only Templars you'd run into were on missions. On the other hand, your mission in Brotherhood was clear, and the uniting of factions to take on a determinable goal gave the plot drive and focus. Your enemy was everywhere and the feeling of rebuilding not only the City but your own Order's power was well achieved. Simply for that reason I preferred Brotherhood as a game. If I were to read a novelization of the stories, though, Revelations all the way.

i can agree with this, although i didn't like acb's story it was clear in what it set out to do, tbh i didn't like the mission design of the main path of acb but the side missions were done very well such as the war machine missions or the faction missions or templar agents.

Felix-Vivo
01-21-2013, 02:33 PM
Revelations... the story comes full circle, I love the city and the hookblade and Yusuf and Clay. And Sofia and the Desmond levels (don't shoot me) and the DLC and everything and going back to Masyaf and I just the last 15 minutes are pure epic.

ajl992008
01-21-2013, 03:21 PM
Revelations... the story comes full circle, I love the city and the hookblade and Yusuf and Clay. And Sofia and the Desmond levels (don't shoot me) and the DLC and everything and going back to Masyaf and I just the last 15 minutes are pure epic.

no i agree, the desmond sections were amazing, i think i would have been burnt out if they were in 3rd person because the entire game would have felt too similar.

Sn1p3r-28
01-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Brotherhood for sure. While I liked Revelations as It was the conclusion to Ezio and Altair's story, I feel overall It was a weaker game as a whole.

Megas_Doux
01-21-2013, 04:14 PM
I used to bash revelations, alot......But after having second thoughts, I now can say that Brotherhood is my least favorite!

ajl992008
01-21-2013, 10:45 PM
Brotherhood for sure. While I liked Revelations as It was the conclusion to Ezio and Altair's story, I feel overall It was a weaker game as a whole.

we are talking about story though, ignore gameplay completely in your decision lol

ajl992008
01-21-2013, 10:47 PM
I used to bash revelations, alot......But after having second thoughts, I now can say that Brotherhood is my least favorite!

opinions always change with another play through, with all the ac's i appreciated them more and more with every playthrough, except acb to an extent, i will always have a bad taste in my mouth from that game but i can't deny that the side missions were great in that game but the story wasn't great IMO.

MasterAssasin84
01-22-2013, 12:23 AM
ok ok i am sorry didn't mean to offend anyone, I am just very surprised thats all, you are free to like whatever one you like, i have to admit its been very interesting to read everyone answers. i don't need to solidify my opinion because its just that, an opinion but i will argue for it.

As i said i much prefer revelations story to brotherhood, but yes there are people out there who much prefer ACB but for me as much as it was a great game i just found the whole concept quite shallow, i felt revelations had more relevance to Ezio's battle against the templars, i love the fact that Ezio realising that winning one's battles does necessarily
secure the foundations for peace and stability but looking further a field in finding the truth and seeking the answers that could potentially end this ancient war.

Sickull
01-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Revelations story was just boring to me I actually ended up enjoying Desmond's back story in that game more than what was happening to Ezio. The bombs didn't take away or add to the game play they were just there and the ending was just ok to me, not to say that revelations is an overall bad game it just isn't better than brotherhood to me (except for multiplayer)

Brotherhood gameplay wise was the game AC2 should've been all the side content was great the story wasn't complicated but solid it had a great villain and the VR training was a welcomed addition that I wish they would bring back also Brotherhoods Ezio is Ezio's peak or as cool as he could possibly be to me atleast. As for the ending the game finished with a classic AC wtf just happened ending, great game as far as I'm concerned.

FrankieSatt
01-22-2013, 02:47 PM
Between those 2 games it would be Brotherhood. Mainly because of the Desmond story in that game compared to the Desmond story in Revelations.

itsamea-mario
01-22-2013, 07:00 PM
Brotherhood for me.
The story just seemed more important, it wasn't just ezio wanting to learn stuff, there was a genuine threat to the world from the crazy cesare. I suppose you could say that of revelations, but Ezio's actions just seem more vital in ACB.
From a character standpoint, the only thing that i think ACR improved on was the templars, they were proper Templars. at least Ahmet was. Sure they tried to make Ezio seem more real, but he risked far too much for the sake of Sofia, even giving Ahmet the keys to potentially incredible power.

And since you said story, i will include the Desmond bits, which were much better in ACB.
The only thing that might sway it is the inclusion of Altair in ACR, but then that is rivaled by the Christina sections in ACB.

lothario-da-be
01-22-2013, 08:00 PM
Brotherhood for me.
The story just seemed more important, it wasn't just ezio wanting to learn stuff, there was a genuine threat to the world from the crazy cesare. I suppose you could say that of revelations, but Ezio's actions just seem more vital in ACB.
From a character standpoint, the only thing that i think ACR improved on was the templars, they were proper Templars. at least Ahmet was. Sure they tried to make Ezio seem more real, but he risked far too much for the sake of Sofia, even giving Ahmet the keys to potentially incredible power.

And since you said story, i will include the Desmond bits, which were much better in ACB.
The only thing that might sway it is the inclusion of Altair in ACR, but then that is rivaled by the Christina sections in ACB.
The characters is way i loved acr more. They were more diverse. While in the Borgia family it was always "GUARDS!!!"

Felix-Vivo
01-22-2013, 08:06 PM
Oh yeah, that's another point - I didn't really like the Cristina missions either, or her as a character, but I loved Sofia, so I'm sure that helps/detracts from my enjoyment of their respective stories too.

ajl992008
01-24-2013, 09:11 PM
Oh yeah, that's another point - I didn't really like the Cristina missions either, or her as a character, but I loved Sofia, so I'm sure that helps/detracts from my enjoyment of their respective stories too.

I can agree with Sofia being better but why don't you like Christina? out of curiosity.

SixKeys
01-24-2013, 10:15 PM
I dislike the Cristina missions more and more every time I play them. The concept behind them was good, but they turned Ezio into a creeper. He beats up Vieri de Pazzi for harassing Cristina while creepily stalking her all the way home? It's disturbing how the game glorifies his actions (Cristina going "Oh, did I just see him? Oh, I wish!"). Real girls aren't flattered by guys they just turned down following them around. Then he sexually assaults her in Venice while pretending to be her husband. That is bordering on date rape.

ajl992008
01-24-2013, 11:40 PM
I dislike the Cristina missions more and more every time I play them. The concept behind them was good, but they turned Ezio into a creeper. He beats up Vieri de Pazzi for harassing Cristina while creepily stalking her all the way home? It's disturbing how the game glorifies his actions (Cristina going "Oh, did I just see him? Oh, I wish!"). Real girls aren't flattered by guys they just turned down following them around. Then he sexually assaults her in Venice while pretending to be her husband. That is bordering on date rape.

Hahaha I actually never thought of it that way but it makes sense, the inky good mission was basically her death then since the others sprint seem realistic / plausible

pacmanate
01-24-2013, 11:41 PM
I liked Cristina, I felt sorry for Ezio in many of the Cristina missions. When he left her, came back to find her marrying someone. Having to let her go because he knew he could never be there for her and also her death.

Carch
01-25-2013, 01:20 AM
I recently played both of these (After finishing AC3 I went back and re-played the rest of the series in order). I appreciated Revelations a lot more this time around. It didn't click with me the first time I played it, for some reason, but playing all the games back to back really drove home how much more complex and interesting the story was, and what a great cast of characters Revelations has. I never cared much for Desmond anyway, so it was kind of a relief to not have to deal with the modern day stuff in Revelations.

SixKeys
01-25-2013, 01:23 AM
Hahaha I actually never thought of it that way but it makes sense, the inky good mission was basically her death then since the others sprint seem realistic / plausible

My favorite is the one where Ezio has to carry his dead family members into the boat. To me that was more emotional since we knew more about them than about Cristina in AC2. I wish all the Cristina memories were more like that one.

Megas_Doux
01-25-2013, 03:50 AM
The characters is way i loved acr more. They were more diverse. While in the Borgia family it was always "GUARDS!!!"

Cesare Borgia could have been a GREAT templar!!!!!!!!

Instead, we have a conceited, spoiled and coward brat that only yealed "GUAAAAAAARDS!!!!! A total shame, considering Cesare┤s military genius and his proficient combat skills. That┤s why we, on other hand, had Haytham I guess.

pirate1802
01-25-2013, 06:17 AM
What? The ending was the best in the series.

True that.