PDA

View Full Version : ubisoft in Israel

leodavinci_e34
01-18-2013, 02:02 PM
i just want to ask if ubisoft is planning to open a branch in Israel and if so when is it going to open there

SuperLoboMau 25
01-18-2013, 02:23 PM
It depends if the country is a good market for games.

montagemik
01-18-2013, 04:05 PM
No offence - But not the best place for a western videogame company to set up shop . I'd say it's unlikely .

Assassin_M
01-18-2013, 08:26 PM
No offence - But not the best place for a western videogame company to set up shop . I'd say it's unlikely .
They have one in Abu Dhabi...

leodavinci_e34
01-21-2013, 03:43 PM
i was just asking

Abeonis
01-21-2013, 09:05 PM
They have one in Abu Dhabi...Yes, but Abu Dhabi is relatively, erm, stable... Israel, not so much. You also have to consider the fact that Abu Dhabi has been open to Western influences (if not culture) for decades; Israel is, by nature, quite an isolated state.

dAnNyKiLlZ
01-22-2013, 06:16 AM
Yes, but Abu Dhabi is relatively, erm, stable... Israel, not so much. You also have to consider the fact that Abu Dhabi has been open to Western influences (if not culture) for decades; Israel is, by nature, quite an isolated state.
No offense lol but where in the world did you get this info?
Israel is very much open to Western influences and culture lol, plus they are stable enough, there are plenty other corporations that do just fine. l.
There is no Ubisoft branch there because it probably isn't as popular, but they can easily get access to the games if they wish.

P.S. Abu Dhabi is frkn beautiful lol

catkiller97
01-22-2013, 07:37 AM
As far as i am aware there is no uni branch in Israel..

DiamondBlade_R
01-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Yes, but Abu Dhabi is relatively, erm, stable... Israel, not so much. You also have to consider the fact that Abu Dhabi has been open to Western influences (if not culture) for decades; Israel is, by nature, quite an isolated state.
As an Israeli, I couldn't help but laugh when I read this statement. You're seriously misinformed... Don't trust everything you hear in the media. Then again, what country's media gave you that idea anyway?

Aphex_Tim
01-22-2013, 12:08 PM
Then again, what country's media gave you that idea anyway?

I believe media in most countries in Europe and America gives us distorted ideas about Israel and surroundings.
It's kinda sad, really.

psf22
01-22-2013, 02:54 PM
I believe media in most countries in Europe and America gives us distorted ideas about Israel and surroundings.
It's kinda sad, really.

NATO is Pro-Israel. The multiple countries being bombed, overthrown and re-govermentalized is a different story. The western (corporate) media incl most of dutch is distorted in that fact allright, but it's also heavily biased towards one side.

itsamea-mario
01-22-2013, 05:50 PM
Does anyone really want to economically support Israel? what with all the bombing and such. oh of course they do....

psf22
01-22-2013, 06:07 PM
Does anyone really want to economically support Israel? what with all the bombing and such. oh of course they do....

Yeah, sadly 'our countries' support them.

itsamea-mario
01-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Yeah, sadly 'our countries' support them.

Not that they're that much better than the other side.

DiamondBlade_R
01-22-2013, 10:37 PM
It's much, much too complicated to be described over the Internet. What is depicted as "Israeli bombing" in the international media is, in truth, "Israeli reaction to continues bombing by Muslim terrorist organizations surrounding Israel which openly seek to wipe it off the face of the Earth." We've been getting bombed continually for over 13 years by a terrorist organization called Hizballah. Dozens of Israelis, if not hundreds, have died over the years as a result of said bombings. We have only engaged in proper "reaction operations" to those bombings twice over the course of 13 years - once in 2008 and again in 2012. During both those operations, the only reason for civilian casualties on the Arab side was that targeted terrorists were using civilians as human shields No joke. And even then, the IDF was doing everything within its power, and I mean everything, to avoid the deaths of the innocent. It's just that said terrorist organizations know exactly what kind of footage to release to the international press - only that which depicts the Israeli forces as demons who bomb them for no reason. and while there's no denying the tragedy that lies in having innocent casualties, the way the Israeli forces are depicted in the media does not reflect the actual situation in any way.

montagemik
01-22-2013, 11:04 PM
Why is this stuff even being discussed on an AC Forum ?? ...............There's more chance of Ubisoft setting up a business in my back garden . :o

albertwesker22
01-23-2013, 12:30 AM
It's much, much too complicated to be described over the Internet. What is depicted as "Israeli bombing" in the international media is, in truth, "Israeli reaction to continues bombing by Muslim terrorist organizations surrounding Israel which openly seek to wipe it off the face of the Earth." We've been getting bombed continually for over 13 years by a terrorist organization called Hizballah. Dozens of Israelis, if not hundreds, have died over the years as a result of said bombings. We have only engaged in proper "reaction operations" to those bombings twice over the course of 13 years - once in 2008 and again in 2012. During both those operations, the only reason for civilian casualties on the Arab side was that targeted terrorists were using civilians as human shields No joke. And even then, the IDF was doing everything within its power, and I mean everything, to avoid the deaths of the innocent. It's just that said terrorist organizations know exactly what kind of footage to release to the international press - only that which depicts the Israeli forces as demons who bomb them for no reason. and while there's no denying the tragedy that lies in having innocent casualties, the way the Israeli forces are depicted in the media does not reflect the actual situation in any way.

Please leave the propaganda at home. This is no place to discuss who is right and who's wrong in this conflict. Frankly it's a little sickening.

dAnNyKiLlZ
01-23-2013, 02:33 AM
Israelies have low casualties because they have the best missile defense system and know how to deal with bombings thoroughly.
They are the only country that has a missile defense system because any other country would not need to defend itself, they would annihilate their opponent in an instant.
If bombs were being thrown at my country i wouldn't hesitate to blow up the other..
but as you guys said, this isn't the place, right?

Assassin_M
01-23-2013, 02:52 AM
the international press - only that which depicts the Israeli forces as demons who bomb them for no reason. the way the Israeli forces are depicted in the media does not reflect the actual situation in any way.
Lol. you may make it sound like you`re the victim of the international press

Come on, international press depicting Israelis as demons ?? suuuuuuuuuure

Black_Widow9
01-23-2013, 03:57 AM
I'm going to close this because it is way to close to becoming offensive/political.

You can always keep an eye on the news section for any Ubisoft News.
https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/en-US/index.aspx