PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 4: My Idea...SPOILERS!!!

Wolfmeister1010
01-18-2013, 02:33 AM
Hi everyone!! Wolfmeister here, and I'm gonna share with you my ideas about what would make AC4 great. Please give me your opinions through commenting or participating in the poll above. Thanks!

NOTE i Made a poll typo, it should be "this is amazing...wolfmeister...you are awesome and you seem like a cool dude"

Marketing idea: dont call it "AC revolution or anything like that, call it AC4 to symbolize that it is continuing Connor's story, but it is big enough of a game to stand as its own in the series.

Connor story:

The year is 1784. It is a year since Connor finished off Lee and Connor's people have been forced to move. Although being reassured by Juno that he followed the correct path, Connor is still depressed and unsure what to do with his life, despite Juno telling him that he is now free to do whatever he wishes, as his roll as the "guardian" has been complete. Should he continue his life as an assassin, since he is now the grand master of the colonial assassins after achilles' death, and since there is still unjustice in the world, or should he just hang up his blades? After finding out that his people were forced out of their home, he gets depressed, and spends months living by himself in the wilderness of his camp, living of the wild and disregarding his homestead. His family is gone, his mother his gone, his people are gone, he killed his own father, and achilles is gone. The story opens up with a view of a bonfire with a dark sillouette (Connor) sitting beside it, while the voice of Connor explains everything that was said in the past paragraph. Note that you can see the sillouette, but not clearly, as he looks like a black figure. The story story fast forwards a few days, and it shows lafeyette walking into the dark, abandoned camp. He calls out to connor, and now, we see the camera shift to connor, starting at his feet and moving gradually to his face as he turns around to see the guest. Connor is dressed in his assassin robes, but they are ragged, dirty, torn, and faded from living in the wilderness for so long. His face is the same however, and it is extremely important that he does NOT HAVE a BEARD. He is only like 20 something and he is still young. The following conversation is about how lafeyette was looking for him. He went to the homestead and asked for connor, but the people said they hadn't seen him in months and he was somewhere in the frontier. Naturally, lafeyette assumed it was his old village. He says that people there are missing him and that he shouldnt live in the wild anymore, torturing himself. Lafeyette convinces him to return from his homestead and meet him there, as he has something important to discuss. Finally, the control is given to the player, and theris a tutorial of running, treerunning, and climbing as he makes for his homestead,and hunting, as connor wants to bring a gift of game to his homestead as an apology for leaving them. Also, a bandit attacks him, and a combat tutorial ensues. He still has all of his weapons, except for his hidden blades, because he left them at the homestead because they reminded him of his lost master. He finally reaches the homestead, and greets his people. The tailor (I think her name is ellie) sees his clothes and insists pn taking them and repairng them. A shop menu comes up, and connor buys a free pair of clothes, being a tutorial for shopping. NOTE a new feature in the game is a larger amount of outfits, even normal clothes. He also gives the game to myriam, who teases him on his mediocre kill, claiming that even though he spent months in the wild, she could still out hunt him. He makes his way to the manor, which has been kept in order by the people of the homestead, greeting people like godfrey and terry along the way. He reaches the homestead and finds lafeyette and stephane cheappue in the house. The conversation that ensues is about how somehow, templar activities were sprouting in the region, and that lafeyette took notice and took it to stepahne first, the second in command of the assassins. They ask connor to help them find the templar that lafeyette has identified. Connor refuses at first, claiming that his life as an assassin is over. But, they convince him to help them, because it is for the good of the nation. Connor gets his hidden blades, and the trip set back into the frontier to find and kill the man. Connor finds the templar and assasinates him, but he dies before revealing the reason of the templar's presence. Connor finds a note that reads that the colonies are not i portant to them for now, and that they should focus on retaking europe, and with trouble brewing in france, it is the perfect time for the templars to take over in the chaos. They hope that if they can take europe back from the assassins, then they can eventually take control of trade routes and block them from the U.S. effectively destroying the country. The templar courier was meant to send word to the remaining templars in the colonies. Lafeyette says that connor needs to go to france and help stop the templars from taking his home. "remember how i said france was pretty on the outside but dark on the inside? This is what i was talking about!" connor at first doesnt want to do it, because he still thinks that his life as an assassin is over. Lafeyette still tells him to meet him at the boston harbor should he change his mind. Connor and stephane return to the homestead. There, connor goes to the grave of achilles, asks him what he should do. Connor then imagines what achilles would want himto do, and he realizes that achilles would want him to take on the templars in france. He tells stephane that he is leaving, and leaves him in charge of the colonial brotherhood while he is away. He says goodbye to his homesteaders, and recieves his new and improved assassin robes from the taiilor. After exchanging goodbyes, connor has one last heartfelt talk with achilles' grave, and syas he will make him proud. He then sets off for boston. The game then transfers to the boston harbor, (no exploring of full frontier and boston, because the cities of AC4 will be in france.) he reaches lafeyette at the ship and is surpired to see the aquila is the ship that is being taken, complete with a full crew, supplies, and of course robert faulkner, whi talks with connor after he talks with lafeyette, who says that he knew connor would change his mind. He also sees george washington, who lafeyette was talking to earlier explaining his departure, and connor exchanges emotionless goodbyes. Washington gives connor a final sincer good luck, and then lafeyette tells connor that it is time to leave. Connor boards the ship and after talking with lafeyette and faulkner about what they have been up to, connor stands at the back of the boat as it departs as boston becomes smallermand smaller, connor watches his home disapear and he turns around reluctantly. The screen zooms out of the boat to show the horizon on the atlanic ocean in the direction of europe as the theme plays and the title "Assassin's Creed IV" shows up. Mark end of sequence 1.

Please note that i am not covering the modern side of the story, even though connors story should have something to do with the modern plotline and Juno's rise.

Rest of the story: the game should be at least 12-13 sequences long, and focus much more on assassinations like in Ac2. Connor becomes tasked with aiding the rebels in the french revolution in an effort to assassinate the main templar antogonist............... Napolean!!! I will leave the rest of the story to ubisofts imagination, but i really think that the detailed sequence one i created should be used. If you agree, please rate this thread well, and do whatever you can to get ubisoft to see this. Also, it is important that connor does not become the "master of the french brotherhood". Ezio was like a god to the turkish assassins because he was the master. Connor should be welcomed into the ranks as a master assassin of the french brotherhood, but still be under command of a leader, who should be a funny, lovable character. Connor should also get into rivalries with other assassins, like harry and draco in harry potter. I will say this about the modern storyline: bill, rachel and shaun must find a way to destroy abstergo for good by killing its leader: alan rikkin, and find a way to stop juno, who begins terrorizing the world. They must rebuild the modern brotherhood and take out the templars withvthe help of the mysterious erudito.

Cities: paris of course and another city, maybe versailles. Boston and newyork looked exactly the same which was dull. The cities should have different setups and color schemes.

"frontier": the french country side should take the place of the frontier, but with more towns and a more "filled" feeling.

New features:
the addition of bandits like in Skyrim
The addition of randomly occuring side missions like in red dead redemption.
New weapons and an improved outfit system
Ziplines return into the cities.
Stalkers return.
A assassin's guild that connor can visit.
More indoor locations to freeroam.
Better horses
Economy returns in the form of fenovating a small town in the country side into a bustling manor town, much like the villa in AC2 ( i know this might be too much like previous games, but it IS a good system)
Platforming missions return in the form of deciphering lost scrolls to find a set of assasin robes belonged to a master french assassin.
"the truth" like side missions return, given by shaun.
Dueling becomes a fun minigame option.
Side missions Ike the frontier quests are more important, and have actual rewards.
Assassination contracts are more important and actually have significant game and story value.
Improved assassins guild.
Improved guns, like the addition of equipable and sheathable msukets. Also add for smoke effects and vibrations to make guns feel more powerful.
Naval missions return with the aquila being a warship in the french rebellion. A mini storyline regarding the naval war is included.
More forts and camps in the countryside.
Add camps for both sides of the war into countryside.
Random
Ly occuring epic firing line battles between the two sides, that connor can participate in.
More minigames in taverns and the option to start a bar fight.
Connor finds love.
Conoeing and carrapiage riding added.
More story related side quests like the stapranger quests in red dead redemption.

NO MUlTiPLAYER so ubisot can focus all their efforts on the single player.

So...... What do you guys think about.....everything??!

Wolfmeister1010
01-18-2013, 02:40 AM
Sorry it should say wolfmeister you are awesome

hoodrat94
01-18-2013, 02:45 AM
If another game features Connor, that would be the first game in my GAMING history to be torrented! I would TORRENT the F*** out of it! CONNOR SUCKS you hear me!
But your idea is kinda cool! Remove Connor, the unworthy piece of SH*T!

Assassin_M
01-18-2013, 02:50 AM
If another game features Connor, that would be the first game in my GAMING history to be torrented! I would TORRENT the F*** out of it! CONNOR SUCKS you hear me!
You`re going to steal something if you don't like it ??

What an Idiotic mindset...

Oh and btw, maybe you do not know this, "Connor sucks you hear me ??" is not a fact.;) It`s just your pretty little opinion..

Wolfmeister1010
01-18-2013, 02:53 AM

Um, wow your kinda insane. I respectifully disagree with your opinion.

Rogue Agent 035
01-18-2013, 03:13 AM

Here we go again...., while you are entitled to yer opinion..., why is there so much hate fer Connor, is it because he's not as arogant an flamboyant as Ezio..., which lets not get it twisted I found both Ezio an Altiar good characters in their own right, but I found Connor to be the best of 3, mainly because he is quiet, an a bit reserved in his anger at times, an does what he feels is right, not just for him an his people, but fer the colonies at the time an didn't have a bit of the cocky smart mouth as Ezio did what seemed to me one too many times during his life, granted he backed it up..., but still. As Connor did what Altair seemed to do..., let his blades an Tomahawk do the talking rather than run his mouth. This is just my opinion an outlook on Connor. Now as you were originally posting about AC4..., I agree with about 98% a that, the only thing I feel doesn't fit is the random events system in the AC series, Rockstar did fine with it in RDR, but again Rockstar is a giant in the open world an Ranndom events category. An the guns..., I found them to be just suitable for the time period an just as stout as they should be for the time, the last thing I feel AC needs is to turn into a futuristic catastrophy (i.e. the HALO franchise..., again, just my opinion).

Wolfmeister1010
01-18-2013, 03:48 AM
Here we go again...., while you are entitled to yer opinion..., why is there so much hate fer Connor, is it because he's not as arogant an flamboyant as Ezio..., which lets not get it twisted I found both Ezio an Altiar good characters in their own right, but I found Connor to be the best of 3, mainly because he is quiet, an a bit reserved in his anger at times, an does what he feels is right, not just for him an his people, but fer the colonies at the time an didn't have a bit of the cocky smart mouth as Ezio did what seemed to me one too many times during his life, granted he backed it up..., but still. As Connor did what Altair seemed to do..., let his blades an Tomahawk do the talking rather than run his mouth. This is just my opinion an outlook on Connor. Now as you were originally posting about AC4..., I agree with about 98% a that, the only thing I feel doesn't fit is the random events system in the AC series, Rockstar did fine with it in RDR, but again Rockstar is a giant in the open world an Ranndom events category. An the guns..., I found them to be just suitable for the time period an just as stout as they should be for the time, the last thing I feel AC needs is to turn into a futuristic catastrophy (i.e. the HALO franchise..., again, just my opinion).

Would you be creeped out if i told you i love you?

Rogue Agent 035
01-18-2013, 03:59 AM
Would you be creeped out if i told you i love you?

lol...., uhhhh lil bit..., yupper :D

LoyalACFan
01-18-2013, 04:12 AM
That's an incredibly specific beginning you've made there... I agree with a lot of it, but here are some of the things I don't...

-Connor should wait until he gets to France to get his new outfit (assuming he does get one) so it reflects the new setting a little better.

-Multiplayer is coming back, there's no denying that.

-No muskets for Connor to carry. They'd just be too big and awkward-looking, just like Ezio's crossbow was IMO.

-"Epic firing line battles" are out of the question for the French Revolution, as it wasn't that type of war. There were no real "battles" as big as Bunker Hill to speak of. However, the Quasi-War would provide a perfect excuse for some naval content.

-Just nitpicking with this one really, but I don't think Connor should be welcomed as an equal by the French Brotherhood. You could hardly call him a Master Assassin... He's had barely six years' experience, and he botched half of his assassination attempts. If anything, I think the French Assassins should greet him with contempt at first, and he gradually evolves as an Assassin and gains their respect.

-Most importantly, the scene with Washington needs to be more important, and Connor's motivations for going to France need to be different. I don't think he'd travel halfway around the world to do a favor for some guy he barely knew, if he had already turned his back on the Brotherhood. We know Washington had a POE in 1781... If this game is beginning in 1784, that's enough time for him to have used it to end the war in the American's favor. Historically, we know Washington was leery of power; he turned down kingship of the United States when he was unanimously supported for the position. I think Washington should entrust the Apple to Connor, to take it back to the Old World and store it in a First Civ temple (assuming Washington was able to see this information through the Apple much as Ezio himself was). But something goes wrong during the journey, and Connor somehow gets wound up in the events of the French Revolution.

greenBV4
01-18-2013, 05:48 AM

i agree, connor sucked, he was to... un-assassin like, idk how to put it i just felt he was no where near as good as ezio. i like your idea of france just not connor, why start it in the US just start it in france?!. I always thought france would be a good setting, aswell as imperial london, russia, and maybe even if it was a next-gen console game a thing where u could travel between the capitals of the early brittish empire (like australia, canada, india, various islands and the uk)

Assassin_M
01-18-2013, 05:50 AM
i agree, connor sucked, he was to... un-assassin like, idk how to put it i just felt he was no where near as good as ezio. i like your idea of france just not connor, why start it in the US just start it in france?!. I always thought france would be a good setting, aswell as imperial london, russia, and maybe even if it was a next-gen console game a thing where u could travel between the capitals of the early brittish empire (like australia, canada, india, various islands and the uk)
Yeah...Connor Spontaneously just pops up in France....

Some people just have weird tastes for back-stories

greenBV4
01-18-2013, 05:53 AM

the fact that ezio was am arrogant loud-mouth is what made him fun to play as! along with his sense of humour. I personally felt that i didnt come to love connor as much as i did ezio, and i started playing AC at brotherhood, didnt evan play ACII. The reason im saying this is that i think doing another connor game would be a bad idea... just my opinion. ps i like the french idea just dont start it in America...

Assassin_M
01-18-2013, 05:59 AM
the fact that ezio was am arrogant loud-mouth is what made him fun to play as! along with his sense of humour.
Not for me. His personality never changed in AC II except during the final sequence. He was always joking, flirting and sleeping with every moving thing in Italy all the while being on a tale of vengeance...and I hated that. I thought Ezio was boring and uninspired until Revelations when He FINALLY changed.

Legendz54
01-18-2013, 02:04 PM
I really like this beginning, I hope I don't get underwhelmed with the next AC.

SuperLoboMau 25
01-18-2013, 02:29 PM
Rest of the story: the game should be at least 12-13 sequences long, and focus much more on assassinations like in Ac2
Right, your story is amazing, aproved.

UrDeviant1
01-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Where's the option for: "I hate your Idea almost as much as I hate you"?

Jk! ;) I could lay the foundations for a house out of that block of text though :P Otherwise, some Interesting Ideas.

Mr_Shade
01-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Thanks for sharing your ideas, however we do have an ongoing thread for this type of post.

Please repost it there and it may help to reformat and break up your post a little, to make it easier to read.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/662609