PDA

View Full Version : Been a long time since here, have a problem

dashman
01-18-2013, 01:52 AM
original post title: Been a long time since here, have a problem (Edit note: I saw a post that asked the same type issue and thus the edit) It's probably been 2 years or more since I've posted anything but I've continued to play off and on. So now I've been able to play more lately (yay!) but have been running into an issue I hope someone can help me with. I've got FB, v4.11m, which I've had for ever since it came out and have not had this problem until the last two months or so.I'll be playing along and about 15 or 20 minutes or so into a campaign mission the screen will freeze, I'll hear a "brrrrr" sound and the game quits and takes me to the desktop. I did some googling and saw where it might be the power supply (which I had other reasons to think might have a problem) so I replaced it. I launched the mission I had been stuck on and it did it again. Then I thought it might be a glitch in that campaign and I started another one. Everything was fine for 4 or 5 missions then it locked up, went Brrrrr, and went back to the desktop.I've got an older PC (Media Center), but, as I said, I've not had this problem using this PC until now.Any ideas?Thanks!

Don_X
01-19-2013, 06:25 PM
This could simply be overheating, check cpu and other temps with something like speedfan. 1st question is the obvious... When did you last clean the cpu heatsink and dust out the case? http://pcmadeez.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/dustycomputer.jpg Best to remove fan and heatsink for cleaning and re-assemble with new thermal paste