PDA

View Full Version : Changes (problems) that latest patch brought to the game (PC)

parmindercena
01-17-2013, 02:04 PM
So besides the changes mentioned in the patch, it also caused a few other UNNECESSARY changes in the game:

1. Pursuers recover much quicker after being stunned. A little over a second to be precise. And if they're using the resistance perk then sometimes within a second they recover. Maybe they changed this because people were complaining about constantly being stunned but I don't feel it was necessary to change this.

2. The scoreboard after a session ends is displayed for a very short amount of time. Less than 2 seconds and it's on to the top accolades page.

3. Knives!!! - Knives are much worse now. Even if I TAP the ranged ability button the game so many times 'assumes' I am HOLDING the button, which is definitely not the case. It goes into aim mode and by the time the knives 'depart' from me my target will be miles away or behind an obstacle. It's not like the knives are gonna go through buildings and stuff if we hold it down.

4. The lag.... the very common lag.. is worse than ever. Everything has become worse in the game right after the patch. Literally. The only good thing I've seen after the patch in the game is the Champion pack option, which of course is greyed out.

Take it as a complain, rant, whining but my point is to none of those I am merely informing the devs (l know, I know) that the patch BROKE the game more instead of actually fixing it. Very little if any was at all 'fixed.'

Feel free to add anything else I might have missed.

Qi88
01-17-2013, 05:56 PM
I can add the fact that it's almost impossible to join one match session, friends' sessions and make a session because few players can join that too.
From January 18 there will be a new MP event; but how can we play it if the game is "broken"?
Now all we have to do is wait for a *new* patch that will solve *this* patch problems.

Demon.King.
01-17-2013, 06:07 PM
Ubisoft are infamous for making patches that break the game more than they fix it. Same thing since brotherhood, and they never even tried to change...

SixKeys
01-17-2013, 08:19 PM
The only one of these I can attest to myself is the knives. Whenever I try to throw them, for a split second the game seems to assume I have a gun and begins to aim.

One more other annoying change brought on by the patch is that choosing ability sets at the beginning of each session/respawn is now done with Q and E + Space to select, instead of the arrow buttons + Enter like it used to be. AFAIK no-one ever complained about this in the course of three games, so why change it now? It's not the end of the world, but it does take some getting used to. I just don't see the point in changing it.

Lokikron
01-17-2013, 08:34 PM
The only one of these I can attest to myself is the knives. Whenever I try to throw them, for a split second the game seems to assume I have a gun and begins to aim.

One more other annoying change brought on by the patch is that choosing ability sets at the beginning of each session/respawn is now done with Q and E + Space to select, instead of the arrow buttons + Enter like it used to be. AFAIK no-one ever complained about this in the course of three games, so why change it now? It's not the end of the world, but it does take some getting used to. I just don't see the point in changing it.

Yeah the Q/E threw me off the first time that happened.

Also I will agree with the lag. I was playing wolfpack on the new maps (Which by the way the text overlaps if using the bonus maps, and now the game list is WAAAAAAY to big now), and I was getting stunned by bodyguard AFTER killing the target. Happened several times actually, sometimes not by bodyguards but just getting stunned by the npcs when I shouldn't have.

Also in singleplayer there's no music, unless it's a fight or syncing view point. Saw someone's signature talking about it the other day where all you need to do is play the opera sequence to notice it (I was replaying the game to get the 100% achievement which I couldn't get due to bugs with the citizen missions).

SixKeys
01-17-2013, 09:03 PM
One thing I was EXPECTING the patch to fix and wasn't was the hidden gun not making a sound when someone is aiming at me. Sometimes I'll fall down dead seemingly out of nowhere, only to cut to a player who apparently shot me with no warning sound or even a bang. Why is this even a problem? How come knives make a warning sound but the gun doesn't? :mad:

parmindercena
01-17-2013, 11:31 PM
Not to mention (actually I'll mention this a hundred times if I must) the game keeps freezing or getting stuck when quitting a session or trying to search for team modes as a group.

Demon.King.
01-17-2013, 11:41 PM
Not to mention (actually I'll mention this a hundred times if I must) the game keeps freezing or getting stuck when quitting a session or trying to search for team modes as a group.

This. My friend, who introduced me to AC in the first place, has basically grown sick of the BS. He's barely playing, and this was one of the main reasons. Every fn time we group, the group ****s up in one way or another...not to mention the times I just alt+f4 the game when I try to group with others and it got stuck...i mostly don't come back online when that happens...I just go back to good old Skyrim...where if I find a bug, i fix it myself...

Ferrith
01-18-2013, 02:41 AM
I don't see why pursuers should recover much faster after being stunned than the targets do. I get stunned (with no perks) and am on the ground for don't know how long. Pursuers on the other hand recover pretty fast. I can't follow the logic behind it.

Agreed. I find it extremely annoying at the start of every single session. Who told them to change things no one ever complained about? What do they smoke?

Ferrith
01-18-2013, 02:48 AM
I forgot to mention that after the end of one session (Deathmatch or Wanted) and before the start of another there is a weird announcement about "the session ending due to insufficient number of players", while, in fact, the players we are all in there waiting to chose character. Has anyone else noticed this?

SixKeys
01-18-2013, 03:35 AM
I forgot to mention that after the end of one session (Deathmatch or Wanted) and before the start of another there is a weird announcement about "the session ending due to insufficient number of players", while, in fact, the players we are all in there waiting to chose character. Has anyone else noticed this?

I think this happens if you've voted on a different map from what the majority voted. Not sure what's causing it, but it happens quite a lot. I still always end up in the rematch lobby without being disconnected, so it's no biggie for me.

Ferrith
01-18-2013, 04:25 AM
There is no disconnection in my case either. Although the message appears, we proceed normally to choose our character. However, sometimes, once we start the session in the map most of us have voted for, the game freezes and I need to exit the application and restart.

parmindercena
01-18-2013, 08:23 AM
I don't see why pursuers should recover much faster after being stunned than the targets do. I get stunned (with no perks) and am on the ground for don't know how long. Pursuers on the other hand recover pretty fast. I can't follow the logic behind it.

I don't quite follow. What do you mean pursuers recovering faster than targets?

parmindercena
01-18-2013, 08:25 AM

Yup. Happens in almost every match I am in. Right before it is about to start it will display a warning of insufficient players to start it, while saying "Loading game session" and boom we are choosing characters. No biggie but kinda makes you wonder sometimes.

Ferrith
01-18-2013, 08:33 AM
I don't quite follow. What do you mean pursuers recovering faster than targets?

Oops. Sorry for the mess. I wrote it wrong that's why you can't follow.
What I mean is that when I stun a pursuer he seems to recover almost after two seconds, but when I am stunned by my target I need approx. five seconds to stand up.

Anykeyer
01-18-2013, 09:11 AM
Pursers standing up faster actually works in targets favor. This change incresed time window when another target can stun pursuer, but pursuer still cant kill. Easier stunlock.

Other than that I dont see any gameplay changes worthy of note. No new bugs introduced, no actual bugs were fixed. Almost useless patch.
They changed UI in some places, but they obviosly didnt bother to test those changes: Just a few of UI bugs:
Event menu: a portion of text now appears covered by picture
Score list in session: sometimes both team's scores are drawed in the same spot, overlapping each other, making numbers unreadable
Abstergo story files: a lot of "AAAAAAAAAAAA" in character files
New group creation invite menu: always resets to the beginning of the list making it hard to invite players (old way of inviting using friends hub still works properly)

Yup. Happens in almost every match I am in. Right before it is about to start it will display a warning of insufficient players to start it, while saying "Loading game session" and boom we are choosing characters. No biggie but kinda makes you wonder sometimes.
It was like this before last patch. In my understanding this happens when host changes (because old host left) between matches. Does not really affect anything.

parmindercena
01-18-2013, 09:42 AM
Oops. Sorry for the mess. I wrote it wrong that's why you can't follow.
What I mean is that when I stun a pursuer he seems to recover almost after two seconds, but when I am stunned by my target I need approx. five seconds to stand up.

Yes. The stun time doesn't seem to be consistent. My recovery time from a stun seems to vary in a single match a couple of times. Doesn't make sense, but oh well.

parmindercena
01-18-2013, 09:47 AM
Pursers standing up faster actually works in targets favor. This change incresed time window when another target can stun pursuer, but pursuer still cant kill. Easier stunlock.

Other than that I dont see any gameplay changes worthy of note. No new bugs introduced, no actual bugs were fixed. Almost useless patch.
They changed UI in some places, but they obviosly didnt bother to test those changes: Just a few of UI bugs:
Event menu: a portion of text now appears covered by picture
Score list in session: sometimes both team's scores are drawed in the same spot, overlapping each other, making numbers unreadable
Abstergo story files: a lot of "AAAAAAAAAAAA" in character files
New group creation invite menu: always resets to the beginning of the list making it hard to invite players (old way of inviting using friends hub still works properly)

Not forgetting countless typing mistakes in the character files as well. Words like "were" are spelled "where." Seriously. And "Your AbsteTgo points have been positively impacted"

It was like this before last patch. In my understanding this happens when host changes (because old host left) between matches. Does not really affect anything.

Yeah it was like that since day one for me. Didn't think of it THAT way. Nope. Affect nothing it does.

DAT_Shady32
01-18-2013, 03:19 PM
is anybody feeling like they get disconnected by the host a lot more often? i didnt count, but it kind of happens to me in one out of five sessions, which is really frustating. also negatively affects the abstergo score which i know i shouldnt give a flying **** about.

PhraK3
01-18-2013, 03:38 PM
About that Q, E, SPACE navigation. I think it is better now.

Q, E, Space are closer to the keys you play, so you don't need to press arrows, or enter, which are far. There was a threat about that (not mine). Just get used to it.

And sorry for my English.

montagemik
01-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Why you all complaining ?

You guys been saying for months you want same treatment as Consoles ..................Sounds like you have exactly that . WELCOME TO OUR WORLD . It's not much different for us on console.

Ferrith
01-18-2013, 04:38 PM
Not forgetting countless typing mistakes in the character files as well. Words like "were" are spelled "where." Seriously. And "Your AbsteTgo points have been positively impacted"
Oh, the spelling horror! Judging, also, by other games I'm convinced the texts are written either by illiterate people, or by morons who think wrong spelling is a "cool trend".