PDA

View Full Version : Disney Infinity very similar naval mechanics.

TorQue1988
01-17-2013, 01:03 PM
Is it just me or did they basically stole the naval gameplay from Assassin's Creed 3?
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/7e79oa/disney-infinity-pirate-playset-walkthrough--cam- (at around 4:37)

ProletariatPleb
01-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Holy ****, they literally stole it.

AlphaAltair
01-17-2013, 01:26 PM
I hear that they bought the AC franchise!

AjinkyaParuleka
01-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Holy Mother****ing ****,They stole the Dynamic Weather and the Naval combat system...anyways the game till the naval looked good for rpg-ers.

Sushiglutton
01-17-2013, 04:30 PM
Lol that was kind of funny :). Disney ripped it off completely.

MRNMRSPACER
01-17-2013, 05:06 PM
wooooowwww

Dan Pen 97
01-17-2013, 05:12 PM
They might not put up with it. They might want it and then one day they will not want it.

SixKeys
01-17-2013, 05:23 PM
Definitely looks the same. The tower-climbing is similar to AC too. Oh well, AC3 "stole" the hunting gameplay from RDR. I don't know if I would call it stealing, more like inspiration.

Dan Pen 97
01-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Definitely looks the same. The tower-climbing is similar to AC too. Oh well, AC3 "stole" the hunting gameplay from RDR. I don't know if I would call it stealing, more like inspiration.

I do not get you sorry.

AjinkyaParuleka
01-17-2013, 06:23 PM
AC3 never "stole" the frontier thingie from RDR(I don't have a ps to even play it).Assuming that devs were working on AC3 since AC2 release,they had already set up on the idea of frontier type area.Ubi said they were shocked/suprised to see the same in RDR.I guess its just coincidence or someone from the inside leaked their plans to one of the companies..my thought.

TorQue1988
01-17-2013, 06:36 PM
The hunting gameplay in Assassin's Creed 3 is nothing like the one in Red Dead Redemption.

jenyto
01-17-2013, 06:48 PM
Ubisoft was going to make a Pirate of the Caribbean game weren't they? Since Disney has copyright on that, maybe some of the base programming was kept on both side?

SixKeys
01-18-2013, 04:09 AM
The hunting gameplay in Assassin's Creed 3 is nothing like the one in Red Dead Redemption.

Apart from having a separate skinning animation, baiting, different regions for different animals, hunting challenges, trading....Yeah, nothing alike. :rolleyes: I'm sure the devs already had the idea of an open world with animals before RDR was released but to claim they somehow developed these practically identical gameplay features simultaneously purely by accident is just silly.

ProletariatPleb
01-18-2013, 04:14 AM
I hear Pirates of the Carriben Online has the same and that's Disney's game so they probably used it from there.

LoyalACFan
01-18-2013, 04:42 AM
Lol, well, Ubi literally stole the character of First Mate Gibbs from Pirates of the Caribbean (even got the same actor), so I guess it's payback.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e3/Gibbs300px.PNG http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/4/4e/Robert_Faulkner.PNG

:rolleyes:

jenyto
01-18-2013, 05:37 AM
Gibb's actor voiced Faulkner, so maybe it was on purpose.

VitaminsXYZ
01-18-2013, 06:25 AM

It was definitely on purpose. It's not exactly stealing though, as I'm pretty sure Ubisoft got permission to do this. It's more of a tribute in this case. Nothing wrong with devs giving nods to series they like.

And as for the gameplay mechanics looking the same, I don't know, maybe Disney Infinity had something similar to begin with, and then got inspired by AC3's naval battles. Either way, I don't really see it as a big deal.

ProletariatPleb
01-18-2013, 06:28 AM
And as for the gameplay mechanics looking the same, I don't know, maybe Disney Infinity had something similar to begin with, and then got inspired by AC3's naval battles. Either way, I don't really see it as a big deal.
Well for one Disney infinity has been in development for a looooooooooong time, secondly they had Pirates of the Caribbean Online game, which has similar mechanics.

I-Like-Pie45
01-18-2013, 06:52 AM

Yeah, it lacks a lot of things that makes the hunting in Red Dead appealing such as killing birds with heat seeking dynamite... :D

Locopells
01-18-2013, 11:13 AM

Well THAT explains a lot...

SaintPerkele
01-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Apart from having a separate skinning animation, baiting, different regions for different animals, hunting challenges, trading....Yeah, nothing alike. :rolleyes: I'm sure the devs already had the idea of an open world with animals before RDR was released but to claim they somehow developed these practically identical gameplay features simultaneously purely by accident is just silly.
But the devs admitted that they were very inspired by RDR.

AjinkyaParuleka
01-18-2013, 01:22 PM
But the devs admitted that they were very inspired by RDR.
link the post/page/thread/w.e where devs inspired from RDR...and the guy who said u can kill Birds in RDR...I won't kill birds if i am allowed too....it's just too horrible.

SaintPerkele
01-19-2013, 02:05 PM
link the post/page/thread/w.e where devs inspired from RDR...and the guy who said u can kill Birds in RDR...I won't kill birds if i am allowed too....it's just too horrible. Took me 10 seconds to google it.. http://www.onlinewelten.com/link.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.computerandvideogame s.com%2F341576%2Fassassins-creed-3-team-looking-at-red-dead-redemption-success%2F

BATISTABUS
01-19-2013, 02:43 PM
Holy ****. The only thing they're missing now is Gibbs shouting orders to the crew. :P