PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 among games nominated for 2013 Writers Guild Awards

FirestarLuva
01-16-2013, 11:30 PM
http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/16/3884062/2013-writers-guild-awards-assassins-creed-3-007-legends?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

Assassin's Creed 3 and 007 Legends are among the candidates for the 2013 Videogame Writing Award from the Writers Guild of America, the nominees for which were announced today.

Both Assassin's Creed 3 and its PlayStation Vita spin-off, Liberation, were honored with nods from the WGA. Liberation wasn't the only Vita game nominated for the award Uncharted: Golden Abyss was also selected. Rounding out the list of six are Halo 4 and Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two. Here's the full list of games, along with their publishers and credited writers:

007 Legends, Written By Bruce Feirstein; Activision
Assassin's Creed 3, Story By Alex Hutchinson, Corey May, Matt Turner; Multiplayer Story By Richard Farrese, Jeffrey Yohalem; Lead Scriptwriter Corey May; Scriptwriter Nicholas Grimwood, Russell Lees, Matt Turner, Danny Wallace, Ceri Young; Ubisoft
Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, Scriptwriting by Richard Farrese, Jill Murray; Ubisoft
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two, Writing Consultant Marv Wolfman; Disney Interactive Studios
Halo 4, Narrative Design Christopher Schlerf; Microsoft Studios
Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Written By John Garvin; Sony Computer Entertainment America

If you're wondering why your favorite 2012 game is missing, note that the WGA has some very particular requirements for scripts that narrow its field of potential nominees for the Videogame Writing Award. The games in question must have been released between Dec. 1, 2011, and Nov. 30, 2012. And at the time of submission, credited writers must either have been members of the WGA Videogame Writers Caucus or have applied to become members of the group.

According to the WGA, preliminary and final judging of nominees is handled by members of the caucus and WGA members who are active in the field of writing video games. All 2013 WGA Awards will be presented Feb. 17 during simultaneous ceremonies in Los Angeles and New York for the Writers Guild of America, West, and the Writers Guild of America, East, respectively.

Assassin_M
01-16-2013, 11:55 PM
And then they lose....

I-Like-Pie45
01-17-2013, 12:38 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_le9ftbUOMX1qfu4tho1_400.png

LoyalACFan
01-17-2013, 12:48 AM
No, sorry... The writing in AC 3 was the worst of the series by far.

D4rk-Crow
01-17-2013, 12:55 AM
So much optimism in previous comments from Assassin's Creed "fans"...

Assassin_M
01-17-2013, 01:00 AM
Dont get me wrong. I think the writing of AC III was the best in the series...

I just don't think they`ll win

montagemik
01-17-2013, 01:11 AM
AC-3 Nominated .......fine . AC-3 Winning ? - May as well disband the guild altogether . Would render the awards pointless to be honest.

TheBearJew32
01-17-2013, 04:35 AM
What's wrong with criticism towards something you hold dear? You're right, most everyone here is a "fan". What's next? an avid sports fan can't criticize a favorite team's play when they lose or simply don't perform the way said fan had hoped for? too much of this us vs them attitude

infamous_ezio
01-17-2013, 06:03 AM

Just because we are fans doesn't mean we have to be in love with everything they make... AC3 doesn't deserve to win..

Man, on that note, i wander how the writers feel, they must be head over heels knowing they have a chance of winning.. I want them to come on the forums for a just a quick peek and see there reaction haha

roostersrule2
01-17-2013, 09:01 AM
The writing was pretty good in AC3, apart from the one million "What would you have me do"s.

nitres15
01-17-2013, 09:59 PM
no far cry 3 ? Typical...

Toa TAK
01-18-2013, 12:17 AM
Dont get me wrong. I think the writing of AC III was the best in the series...

I just don't think they`ll win

Dingdingdingding.

My thoughts exactly. Loved it more than ACII, but I don't think it'll win.