PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Segment of the AC Series

RinoTheBouncer
01-16-2013, 11:05 PM
Hey Assassins!
I don't know if this has been done before but since the answers and opinions usually keep changing from time to time, here it goes:

What's your favorite part of the AC games? what do you look forward to the most when you play an Assassin's Creed game? do you look forward to Story? Missions in general (including side-quests, optional objectives and multiplayer)? if it's the story, which story? the story of the setting of the game (e.g. American Revolution in ACIII) or the parts of the story related to the Apple of Eden and the First Civilization and Modern Day gameplay and events?

I honestly find the parts related to Modern Day, First Civilization, Pieces of Eden and uncovering the relationship between conspiracy theories and the Pieces of Eden to be the most interesting part of the story specially the parts when we play in modern day or when we visit a location of the first civilization or hear a conversation about some explanations for mysterious events (or those we think happened in some way but turns out they happened in another way and are related to the first civilization somehow). In other words, I play AC because of those reasons and if they weren't present, I wouldn't be a fan of the game.

What about you? share your interests :)

SixKeys
01-16-2013, 11:29 PM
Ever since AC2, I look most forward to the side content which always gives me reason to explore and stretch out the game experience. I don't like to rush straight through the campaign, I prefer taking a break from the main story every now and then to chase Templar spies, solve puzzles or explore tombs. The lack of proper side content was what disappointed me most about the last two games. I also enjoy the modern day story with its mysteries and conspiracies. At least, I did until it kind of flew off the rails...

RinoTheBouncer
01-16-2013, 11:32 PM
Ever since AC2, I look most forward to the side content which always gives me reason to explore and stretch out the game experience. I don't like to rush straight through the campaign, I prefer taking a break from the main story every now and then to chase Templar spies, solve puzzles or explore tombs. The lack of proper side content was what disappointed me most about the last two games. I also enjoy the modern day story with its mysteries and conspiracies. At least, I did until it kind of flew off the rails...

I really admire your way of thinking. I mean, I wish I had the patience to go out and explore the city when main missions are taking place or maybe the side missions are becoming less interesting (or maybe I'm just not into them much) that makes me go straight forward towards the "!" marks to see what the story is holding for us. But great job for you my friend :)

SixKeys
01-16-2013, 11:40 PM
I really admire your way of thinking. I mean, I wish I had the patience to go out and explore the city when main missions are taking place or maybe the side missions are becoming less interesting (or maybe I'm just not into them much) that makes me go straight forward towards the "!" marks to see what the story is holding for us. But great job for you my friend :)

In AC1 the only side content was the collectables, so every mission had something to with the main campaign. When I started playing AC2, I was still stuck in the AC1 mindset and figured every icon on my map needed to be dealt with in order to advance the story. So every time I finished an assassination contract for Lorenzo de Medici and a new one popped up on my map, I was like: "D@mn, how long is this game? I haven't even been able to leave Florence yet!" And then I noticed the little exclamation marks and realized they referred to the main story. "Holy crap, I don't even have to do all these races and contracts at once? I can come back and finish them later? What sorcery is this?! :eek:"

RinoTheBouncer
01-16-2013, 11:51 PM
In AC1 the only side content was the collectables, so every mission had something to with the main campaign. When I started playing AC2, I was still stuck in the AC1 mindset and figured every icon on my map needed to be dealt with in order to advance the story. So every time I finished an assassination contract for Lorenzo de Medici and a new one popped up on my map, I was like: "D@mn, how long is this game? I haven't even been able to leave Florence yet!" And then I noticed the little exclamation marks and realized they referred to the main story. "Holy crap, I don't even have to do all these races and contracts at once? I can come back and finish them later? What sorcery is this?! :eek:"

LOOOOOL that's awesome man, it happened with me too! :P some similar thing happened to me with Silent Hill: Downpour, there's a part where you go up some long stairs to escape a darkness force that is relentlessly chasing you and suddenly the energy stops and you expect a cutscene to kick in or go somewhere but instead you keep going up and the same map of the stairs repeats itself after running few meters, like a glitch or something so I literally stayed for 15 minutes going up but to no avail until I tried to go back and a few meters back and I'm heading towards a door, turns out the game is trying to make fun of me LOL.

SuperLoboMau 25
01-17-2013, 01:00 AM
My favorite things in AC are these:

-A quest gives you a target
-You find it and analyzes the scenario
-You choose a way to kill him
-Make it
-Choose fight or run away

In another words: the freedom the game gives you to kill an enemy with many possibilities of weapons and ways to do it.

These things usually happen in side missions, and the lack of them in AC3 is what make me don't like it as the others.

SixKeys
01-17-2013, 02:28 AM
LOOOOOL that's awesome man, it happened with me too! :P some similar thing happened to me with Silent Hill: Downpour, there's a part where you go up some long stairs to escape a darkness force that is relentlessly chasing you and suddenly the energy stops and you expect a cutscene to kick in or go somewhere but instead you keep going up and the same map of the stairs repeats itself after running few meters, like a glitch or something so I literally stayed for 15 minutes going up but to no avail until I tried to go back and a few meters back and I'm heading towards a door, turns out the game is trying to make fun of me LOL.

Haha, I saw that in a Let's Play once, seems like it happened to a lot of people in that game.

Assassin_M
01-17-2013, 03:01 AM
The Characters.

Ever since AC I`s amazing cast of Allies and foes alike, I always looked forward to the Characters. AC II had an amazingly lackluster cast. leading that was Ezio. I only liked him the last couple of minutes of the game. I was waiting for someone interesting to pop out until FINALLY Machiavelli shows up, but then ??? Skip to sequence 14 -_- the most interesting character from ALL of them, and I only spend less than 10 minutes with him. since then, I`v been disappointed in characters game after the other. I was thrilled to know that Machiavelli was going to play a larger role in ACB, but that was it. Bartolameo was a capable commander, but the game portrays him as a stereotypical big stupid, Caterina is.....well...Meh, Lucrezia was okay, Cesare sucked and I mean SUCKED...he was a whiny crybaby DESPITE historically being a great general. ACR had SOME more interesting characters. than AC II at least.

AC III brought the best Character cast for me. Achilles, Connor, William, Haytham, Pitcairn, Charles, Hickey, Braddock. All very interesting Characters. Looking forward to what the next game will bring

Dosenwabe
01-17-2013, 03:52 AM
Learning about history and reading the database. And the parts of the story that make me think about life and inspire me. And just enjoying the beautiful atmosphere with the stylish music. (The soundtrack too) And the whole presentation not only in the games but the whole franchise, it always feels so REAL.

dogtobycars
01-17-2013, 05:06 AM
Oh god the side missions, I really loved the side missions in Brotherhood. They kept me entertained for hours even after I beat the game, I also loved the Da Vinci invetion missions as well, because lets face it, when else in the AC universe did we get to control the earliest version of a tank, fly on a giant kite with lighted pitch, or simply shoot the first version of the Machine Gun at the enemy, I mean that was really fun. I also had to love doing the missions for the optional armor in the game, whether it was Altair's or stealing the keys from the followers of romulus. The main part was actually the mechanical puzzles I had to complete within the time alloted. Naval warfare, it was really fun, would of prefered a bit more missions with it though.. The hookblade, I loved that, especiallly when I had to climb up that large building, you guys notice how AC3 didn't really have us climb? Only on a very few select missions, so besides those 3 or 4 we basically traversed the game on the ground... Free running on rooves. roofs, whatever it is, I loved this because I got to traverse the entire town fairly quick without worrying about a dead end..... Stores actually having a use, I loved saving up my money to buy those renovations, that powefull sword, an upgrade to the belt, the paintings to increase the 30 min income, I miss all that. There is just so much from the previous games I really loved... Maybe I'll go start over again on one of them and play through it.

ajl992008
01-18-2013, 06:00 PM
Ac1: investigations
ac2: assassination contracts
acb: Borgia towers
acr: assassin missions (where you assassinate the mp characters with them)
ac3: homestead missions

Sturnz0r
01-18-2013, 06:57 PM
we are american! so it's obvious for me