PDA

View Full Version : Achilles' family deleted dialogue

kuled2012
01-16-2013, 02:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T21DpeiU6uo
So sad, why the heck did they these out? Don't they know we love emotion in our characters?

(btw this confirms that argument there was about connor and connor davenport)

Dejan507
01-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Really cool, but I liked it more that they didn't spoon feed us what that name meant to Achilles
I still remember the sad feeling I got seeing Connor digging up Connors grave and piecing it together

pacmanate
01-16-2013, 02:25 PM
Bet the people that took these out the game are kicking themselves that they left it in the game files. Now everyone knows how Ubisoft don't care about explaining things properly.

EllisEverTellYa
01-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Awww man this is so sad, This makes me like Achilles even more! :(

jenyto
01-16-2013, 04:13 PM
I don't mind that this wsa left out, I think that finding the answer on our own made it more poignant, as if he never said it because it was too painful.

FirestarLuva
01-16-2013, 04:21 PM
I don't mind that this wsa left out, I think that finding the answer on our own made it more poignant, as if he never said it because it was too painful.

Yeah, I agree. I think it's a good thing Ubi left it out. It was much more painful and emotional for Connor to figure it all out himself.

AjinkyaParuleka
01-16-2013, 04:27 PM
Nice one but again...HOW IN THE NAME OF GOD YOU EXTRACT THESE FILES?!?!ARGH!!

SixKeys
01-16-2013, 05:30 PM
This is the best one yet. I don't mind that Achilles never directly tells Connor who he was named after, but the stuff about mourning for his family should definitely have been included.

ACfan443
01-16-2013, 05:52 PM
Once again, another stupid decision.

GoldyTart
01-16-2013, 07:53 PM
Nice one but again...HOW IN THE NAME OF GOD YOU EXTRACT THESE FILES?!?!ARGH!!

Well first you divide by zero and..........

ok seriously you use a bunch of softwares and use the game sound files pack in the game directory on pc. I don't wanna outline the method but google on how to extract borderland 2 sound files and the same method can be used on AC3. that's how I did it.

IronEagl3
01-16-2013, 08:28 PM
I think it was very corny. I'm happy they didn't add this into the game. I liked finding out why Connor actually got that name from Achilles.

creed of killer
01-16-2013, 08:52 PM
I agree... I'm also happy Ubisoft chose to remove this coversation from the game. Like said before to be fed by a spoon all the time is not fun.

By not including this in the game you could in the end understand why Achilles was so "mad" with Connor when he returned after the three week by sea without saying goodbye, why Achilles wanted to save him from all the pain Haytham would bring him, about that he had known the whole time who burned down his village and other stuff.

We learned that Connor in the beginning only sought Achilles just to learn how to protect his people, but Achilles saw on the other hand a second chanse of having a son, in this boy at young age. WHY would he otherwise "name" Ratonhnhaké:ton Connor? In the end Connor finally understood that Achilles was not only a Mentor, but the father that wasn't there for him in his young age and that Achilles loved Connor as his own blood and wasn't just his student.

I myself felt so much pain for both Connor and Achilles when Connor dug the grave and heard the letter Achilles left him. It was only then I understood.

cmrggamer
01-16-2013, 09:52 PM
I agree... I'm also happy Ubisoft chose to remove this coversation from the game. Like said before to be fed by a spoon all the time is not fun.

By not including this in the game you could in the end understand why Achilles was so "mad" with Connor when he returned after the three week by sea without saying goodbye, why Achilles wanted to save him from all the pain Haytham would bring him, about that he had known the whole time who burned down his village and other stuff.

We learned that Connor in the beginning only sought Achilles just to learn how to protect his people, but Achilles saw on the other hand a second chanse of having a son, in this boy at young age. WHY would he otherwise "name" Ratonhnhaké:ton Connor? In the end Connor finally understood that Achilles was not only a Mentor, but the father that wasn't there for him in his young age and that Achilles loved Connor as his own blood and wasn't just his student.

I myself felt so much pain for both Connor and Achilles when Connor dug the grave and heard the letter Achilles left him. It was only then I understood.

This.
While some people think that character development could have been provided more with these deleted dialogues, I kind of like having to infer it--I like it being subtle. As some people have been saying, it hits the spot a little harder when you get to come to the conclusion yourself. I think AC3 is one of those games you have replay in order to catch the many subtleties and kind of piece the story together better.
But, I still wish there had been more interactions between Connor and Achilles, personally.

LoyalACFan
01-18-2013, 08:03 AM
This is the best one yet. I don't mind that Achilles never directly tells Connor who he was named after, but the stuff about mourning for his family should definitely have been included.

I somewhat agree, or they should have at least made it more evident that he was married with a son at one point. When I first unwrapped the painting, I thought it was a young Achilles with his parents. Didn't realize until a few minutes later it was his son.

Locopells
01-18-2013, 11:10 AM
I don't see why this couldn't have been in the game between hiding the artifact and Achilles' death. That way you'd get the best of both worlds.