PDA

View Full Version : Irrational Games + 2K Games should have developed and published AC3

McJobless
01-16-2013, 12:58 AM
Today I cried. They weren't tears of sadness, they were tears of happiness. A little earlier I was reading about BioShock: Infinite. It seems like everything Ubisoft has done wrong for Assassin's Creed 3, Irrational Games/2KGames has done right. How so, you might ask?

Steamworks Integration - None of that uPlay (or in BioShock's case, GFWL) bull. You buy a retail or non-steam copy, you can register it with Steam so you can get automatic updates, the brilliant game page with news reports, access to the game's community page and screenshots, you can buy your DLC through Steam Store, there's no terrible DRM to worry about and much, much more.
Willing to push-back the game to make it perfect - Irrational has pushed back the release about 2/3 times. You know why? So they can get it right. Irrational want this game to be PERFECT, on all platforms. Their last push-back was due to bugs that they wanted to correct prior to release, because they know this game should be amazing for the end user, us. Ubisoft doesn't push it's games back, it pulls them forwards, limiting the QA process and essentially rushing the game the developers may have wanted to create.
Developed by PC Lovers with the PC in mind - The game had a team dedicated specifically to the PC, who have pushed many features and improvements for the PC version of the game simply out of being PC gamers themselves. The PC version will launch on the exact same date as the console versions, and considering it's 3 discs due to the HUGE improvements in graphic quality over the console versions, you can see Irrational really thought about it's audience. In fact, there is a TON of options to customise graphics-wise, and the game can be set to both DX10 and DX11 mode, DX11 mode obviously offering even better eye-candy. AC3 barely had any options for turning down the quality in attempt to improve the graphics, and was locked to DX11. I'd even go as far to say AC3 PC doesn't even look as sexy as BioShock Infinite PC will/does.
No Exclusive DLC/No Anounced DLC/No Microtransactions - AC3 is a money-*****, there's no denying it. Irrational is making all platforms the game is releasing on equal (apart from graphic quality for obvious reasons), so there will be none of that exclusive DLC crap (Benedict Arnold, anyone?) Ubisoft used to try persuade customers to buy for the PS3 for. With no announced DLC, we can be sure that Irrational Games is focusing on trying to get the game released in the best state it can, not on working on ridiculous extra content which should have been a part of the game to start with.
Everyone Is Equal - I wanted to stress this point again. All 3 versions, apart from graphics quality, and one of the bonuses you get with the Premium and Ultimate Songbird editions of BioShock Infinite (because PS3 and PC don't have X360 Avatars, so they get some nice theme pictures which are preferable anyway), are all the same. There's no favouritism, no delays to try get us to buy console versions, no dlc to make us buy from a specific platform, and looking at Irrational's past history, the games will all be equally patched and patched well.
Irrational know how to write a story - How many of you were bored with the AC3 story? How many of you dislike Desmond Miles? If Irrational was responsible for writing the story, it's likely it would have been SIGNIFICANTLY better, especially towards the last half of the game where the Ubi-writers all started to get lazy. Just look at how much inspiration Irrational has used for Infinite, and look some of the current plot synopsis if you're not too concerned about spoilers at the moment.
Communication is key - Look at Irrational's twitter account. Look at their Facebook account. Look at their forums, talk to their support, even send them a letter! Irrational is brilliant at communicating with their customers and their fanbase, something Ubisoft is yet to grasp.

And as time goes on, we will likely see many more things Irrational do that Ubisoft don't. If Irrational and 2K Games were tasked with this, it's likely we all wouldn't be complaining as we are. Unfortunately, though, it seems like a lazy, incompetent, money-driven publisher/developer combo was chosen, and in the end we all got shafted. It's unfortunate, but it looks like I might as well sell my Freedom Edition content, snap the disc and just wait for the very amazing BioShock: Infinite to arrive. Sorry Ubisoft, but you've mishandled enough franchises.

PS: Another developer team who would have been perfect: CD Project Red. The Witcher games are supposedly amazing (going to get them ASAP), and Cyberpunk 2077 looks SPECTACULAR. CDPR is pretty much Valve without the game client or store, so you know they will take their time with the game to make sure it's perfect, and if it isn't they WILL fix it (Enhanced Edition 10GB FREE expansion pack, anybody?). Most of the list applies to CDPR as well (they're more biased to PC gamers, for good reasons). Looking forward to their future games, as should you.

abohamed
01-16-2013, 01:06 AM
totally agree .. BUT i have to say ubisoft is one of the best companies in games i have ever seen but not in PC games though :D

SixKeys
01-16-2013, 01:20 AM
totally agree .. BUT i have to say ubisoft is one of the best companies in games i have ever seen but not in PC games though :D

Based on what? The games they put out? Because their customer service and communication with the fans is one of the worst I've ever seen.

abohamed
01-16-2013, 01:37 AM
Based on what? The games they put out? Because their customer service and communication with the fans is one of the worst I've ever seen.

iam talking about the games itself not anything else :D

McJobless
01-16-2013, 01:40 AM

I'm with SixKeys on this, and it was one of the things I forgot to talk about. The reason I know a lot of this information is because how much Irrational talks to their fanbase. Ubisoft barely ever bothers to talk to their consumers. There are other reasons why I consider Ubisoft one of the worst gaming companies (publishers should technically be a separate category, but either way they're right down the bottom), but that's not the point of this thread.

ProletariatPleb
01-16-2013, 02:48 AM
CDPR agreed. Witcher 2 is the best **** game in ages,call me a fanboy but it's the truth >_>. Irrational is nice as well.

McJobless
01-16-2013, 12:50 PM
CDPR agreed. Witcher 2 is the best **** game in ages,call me a fanboy but it's the truth >_>. Irrational is nice as well.
There's no doubt the Witcher 2 is fantastic, and a must-buy for those without it. Ubisoft should learn from other titles and companies.

spectatorx
01-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Frozenbyte, cdprojekt red, flying wild hog, id sfotware... They are the best in creating games.

2kgames? Ok, let's imagine they created assassin's creed series and.... no, thx, i do not want another game based on unreal engine 3.

Anyway, i agree, ubisoft sucks. They can create interesting, unique games and games series but they suck in technicals, support (or better to say they are masters in providing lack of support), contact with users, bugfixing. A lot of people are saying ea is worse than them. I do not know why because i never had problems with ea games, ea support, they are fixing the most irritating things in their games. Maybe they do not fix all things what people report but they are making their games playable.

McJobless
01-16-2013, 01:13 PM
Frozenbyte, cdprojekt red, flying wild hog, id sfotware... They are the best in creating games.
I'd say Irrational, Bungie, Insomniac, CDPR, Valve, CryTek and TellTale are my favourites, although there are plenty of other honourable mentions.

2kgames? Ok, let's imagine they created assassin's creed series and.... no, thx, i do not want another game based on unreal engine 3.
You're under the assumption that the game will feel like an Unreal game, and that 2K tells all it's developers they can only use Unreal. The developer chooses the engine, the publisher acquires the licenses it. If the developer creates a new engine or new version of the engine, a publisher can purchase the rights to that engine and offer it free to their developers.

Interesting case to look at: EA. EA owns Frostbite 2, created by DICE. Now, it's true a couple of their newer games have used the DICE engine, but did all the games? No. Developers use what's easiest to them. AnvilNext was created when the programmers wanted to add new features to the AC codebase, but they couldn't do it on the last-gen engine. It's likely Irrational, with 2K's blessing, would have done the same thing if they were given a pre-established series, and probably better. Everybody knows that AC's gameplay, visual style and general feel makes it unique, and anyone to mess with that by changing the engine is ridiculous.

EDIT: BTW, Unreal 3 is 100% stable and can be morphed to do ANYTHING, in comparison to what we've seen from AnvilNext (Watch Dogs might changed that, we don't know yet).

spectatorx
01-16-2013, 05:05 PM
I'm not saying ue3 is bad, it is a really awesome engine, especially for lazy developers. Engine is extremely flexible, multiplatform, with incredible support, easy for debugging etc. But only thing i have against this engine is... too many games were created with it, i'm extremely disappointed when i see another game created with it. Ok, two things, second one is the engine was looking awesome in 2007, 2008 but for now it is not as impressive, there is a lot so much better engines now.

Ferrith
01-16-2013, 08:44 PM
A lot of people are saying ea is worse than them. I do not know why because i never had problems with ea games, ea support, they are fixing the most irritating things in their games. Maybe they do not fix all things what people report but they are making their games playable.
If you want just a playable game AC series does that, and pretty well actually.
EA's The Sims 3 was unplayable when it came out. Crashes, errors, glitches, just name it. It took them almost two months and some patches to make it playable, and then there was a problem with custom content (stuff players create) because EAtards had put obstacles to their installation, aiming at forcing the players to use their online store and get their customers' money. Moreover, with each expansion pack they release they break some game mechanic; then players have to wait for the release of a new patch, and guess what? The new patch creates new problems. Up to this moment it is the Sims community and their mods who try to fix the game and compensate for EA's incompetence, not the company itself. Not to mention their horrible laziness in creating animations. From entertaining and funny the Sims have become cold, boring, soulless.

The Dragon Age II was also a flop, nothing to compare with the interesting, epic story of Dragon Age:Origins. The game environment was indifferent and repetitive. EA also ruined SimCity franchise. Only 8-10 years old kids can play SimCity: Societies and be happy with it.
Of course EA *seems* to have a better support, but they don't. If you scroll through their forum you will see most of the times they serve "canned" answers to players' problems, just like Ubisoft is being accused of doing.

From all the game companies mentioned above I have only opinion about CDProject Red, as I haven't played games by the other companies, and I will say it is probably one of the best game companies at the moment. They are honest with their games and their customers. Plus, they try hard to regain the lost honour of the game industry: no freaking DRM that might ruin your computer, like EA's SecuRom, which was configuring your PC behind your back. Of course now EA has the other monstrosity, Origin, but I couldn't care less. I don't buy games from a company who sees its customers like a cow and aims at milking the poor animal till it drops dead.

@SixKeys

Ubisoft's communication with fans is between OK. and bad sometimes, but not the worst. I, for one, appreciate the fact they allow us to speak our minds freely, even to criticise their game decisions. EA doesn't allow you this simple democratic right: they remove any negative post and topic.That's why when you visit their forum you will read only good comments about their work.

McJobless
01-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Of course now EA has the other monstrosity, Origin, but I couldn't care less. I don't buy games from a company who sees its customers like a cow and aims at milking the poor animal till it drops dead.
The good news is that when EA puts a game on Steam, they do so without the Origin DRM. I also tend to think they have better franchises than Ubi, but I can agree with you on all your other points, they are still a money-whoring publisher that demonstrates what's wrong with the industry. If any publisher (apart from Valve) ever get their hands on CDPR, I'll probably quit gaming.

I'm not saying ue3 is bad, it is a really awesome engine, especially for lazy developers. Engine is extremely flexible, multiplatform, with incredible support, easy for debugging etc. But only thing i have against this engine is... too many games were created with it, i'm extremely disappointed when i see another game created with it. Ok, two things, second one is the engine was looking awesome in 2007, 2008 but for now it is not as impressive, there is a lot so much better engines now.
I can see where you're coming from, but as far as the amount of games using it, I'm not *too* concerned. Considering the support and the constant updates for the engine, and the relatively low license fees, I can see why most developers would use it. Ultimately it comes down to preference, and you have to remember a lot of dev teams don't have the ability to create their own engine and don't want to go through the hoops to purchase the rights to use engines such as Frostbite 2 or AnvilNext, as they would probably have to sell their soul to the publisher to acquire them. Also, Unreal Engine 4 is coming out not too far in the future.

ProletariatPleb
01-16-2013, 10:09 PM
I'd take Unreal anyday over Anvil :|

Though REDEngine and Cryengine are my favourite even Frostbite 2.

Ferrith
01-16-2013, 10:11 PM
If any publisher (apart from Valve) ever get their hands on CDPR, I'll probably quit gaming.
Funny that you say that. Someone had brought up a rumour over at The Witcher 2 board about CDPR cooperating with EA, and I said exactly the same thing.
Thankfully the rumour was just that, a rumour, but CDPR hard-core fans gave me an awfully hard time while I was trying to explain what I meant.

ProletariatPleb
01-16-2013, 10:14 PM
Funny that you say that. Someone had brought up a rumour over at The Witcher 2 board about CDPR cooperating with EA, and I said exactly the same thing.
Thankfully the rumour was just that, a rumour, but CDPR hard-core fans gave me an awfully hard time while I was trying to explain what I meant.

It's no rumour, they are looking to get some help from EA for marketing. VALVe does the same for ages.

Ferrith
01-16-2013, 10:19 PM
It's no rumour, they are looking to get some help from EA for marketing. VALVe does the same for ages.
It was supposed to be just a rumour a few months back, but if it is true, please, kill me now. They get some help from EA for marketing, and next thing we know EA acquires CDPR. As I usually say, hope dies last, so let's hope this move won't be the beginning of CDPR's end.

Bad news, Sid, but thanks for letting us know.

ProletariatPleb
01-16-2013, 10:20 PM
It was supposed to be just a rumour a few months back, but if it is true, please, kill me now. They get some help from EA for marketing, and next thing we know EA acquires CDPR. As I usually say, hope dies last, so let's hope this move won't be the beginning of CDPR's end.

Bad news, Sid, but thanks for letting us know.

Lol, don't worry they aren't getting THAT kind of help, just for distribution etc. Valve does exactly the same.

Ferrith
01-16-2013, 10:25 PM
Lol, don't worry they aren't getting THAT kind of help, just for distribution etc. Valve does exactly the same.
I keep fingers crossed you are right. :) Because, this is, more or less, how Bioware's story came to an end.

L_Alejo
01-16-2013, 10:50 PM
I keep fingers crossed you are right. :) Because, this is, more or less, how Bioware's story came to an end.

Not exacly, Bioware was directly aquired by EA, Valve for example has their physical games distributed mostly by EA, and that's not exactly a bad thing, they don't influence the way the games are made, they just help with the distribution in the retail market, as far as I know CDP is doing about the same, since they don't exacly have it easy in the retail market or in teh whole distribution thing.

The problem with EA is when they start giving direction to their studios, like "Hey, the statistics say players like this, so do this", or when they push for a deadline, etc etc, but CDP is definetly not getting that kind of help from them. :)

Ferrith
01-16-2013, 10:57 PM
Not exacly, Bioware was directly aquired by EA,You're correct, but Bioware's original intention was to ask for a little hand on adv and some financial assistance, but finally EA acquired the company.

The problem with EA is when they start giving direction to their studios, like "Hey, the statistics say players like this, so do this",
Exactly. This is how the titles I mentioned above were ruined. For good.

but CDP is definetly not getting that kind of help from them. :)
Keep it up. You are giving me hope. :)

Sushiglutton
01-16-2013, 10:58 PM
Ha I actually agree with most of that, even though it's a bit harsh I suppose. Beside the points you made I want to add that I prefer irrational's way of telling stories with no cutscenes and the the amount of choice you have in the gameplay department. Ken Levine is an awesome dude :D!

Ferrith
01-16-2013, 11:04 PM
Ken Levine is an awesome dude :D!
Is it the same Levine who created Thief: Dark Project?

ProletariatPleb
01-16-2013, 11:10 PM
CDPR and VALVe are titans among devs, they are other as well, Bohemia for example. But I'm just super biased towards Witcher 2 because it's an awesome and amazing game.

Sushiglutton
01-17-2013, 12:03 AM
Is it the same Levine who created Thief: Dark Project?The one and only :D! He's now working as the main designer on Bioshock Infinite. Check out some interviews with him on youtube! Everything he says is just so smart (I'm being serious). One of my favourite dudes in gaming for sure :)! http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/E32011/PressConferences/Nintendo/levinewiiu610.jpg

abohamed
01-17-2013, 03:26 AM
guys i know that what iam going to say will make everybody on this thread mad on me BUT i will just say it : ubisoft need more time to enhanced their NEW engine ( Anvil next ) and as we all know AC3 is the first game that created by it so it must be some problems at first just like the beginning of frostbite 2 engine in BF3 it was so messed up just like AC3 now or even more .. and even the witcher 2 ( best game i have played in the last 10 years ) its need at least a 6 patches less or more to be perfect SO what i want to say is ubisoft have the worst support i have ever seen until now .. and every other publisher out there is better than ubisoft in fixing their issues by patches or updates FASTER and more EFFECTIVE than ubisoft by far BUT if you gave them time enough to fix all the bugs and to make this game perfect they will do and they will ( i think and hope ) fix all the bugs we have by the end of 2014 xD .. so just gave them time

ProletariatPleb
01-17-2013, 04:51 AM
guys i know that what iam going to say will make everybody on this thread mad on me BUT i will just say it : ubisoft need more time to enhanced their NEW engine ( Anvil next ) and as we all know AC3 is the first game that created by it so it must be some problems at first just like the beginning of frostbite 2 engine in BF3 it was so messed up just like AC3 now or even more .. and even the witcher 2 ( best game i have played in the last 10 years ) its need at least a 6 patches less or more to be perfect SO what i want to say is ubisoft have the worst support i have ever seen until now .. and every other publisher out there is better than ubisoft in fixing their issues by patches or updates FASTER and more EFFECTIVE than ubisoft by far BUT if you gave them time enough to fix all the bugs and to make this game perfect they will do and they will ( i think and hope ) fix all the bugs we have by the end of 2014 xD .. so just gave them time
Witcher 2 was fine even without patch 1.1, it was a lot tougher sure, but I played the whole game 1.0 and there was no problem as such, all the patches after it fixed things, it was an RPG game, they have multiple paths, quests, etc. this was an action-adventure game, linear. CDPR still support their game, last patch they released was 3.2.1. They added 10GB worth of content for free, let's not even put Ubi in the same category, that is just WRONG. They are releasing mod tools for their game REDkit so that people can create their own content, Ubi has locked their game so that nobody can make mods. I cannot remember even once when Ubi patched their games properly or listened to the community.

abohamed
01-17-2013, 05:03 AM
Witcher 2 was fine even without patch 1.1, it was a lot tougher sure, but I played the whole game 1.0 and there was no problem as such, all the patches after it fixed things, it was an RPG game, they have multiple patches quests, etc. this was an action-adventure game, linear. CDPR still support their game, last patch they released was 3.2.1. They added 10GB worth of content for free, let's not even put Ubi in the same category, that is just WRONG. They are releasing mod tools for their game REDkit so that people can create their own content, Ubi has locked their game so that nobody can make mods. I cannot remember even once when Ubi patched their games properly or listened to the community.

can not say more !!!

amikhel
01-17-2013, 06:38 AM
IGN says AC3 is great on PC with 8.6 of 10 in your review but Chris Kline (technical director of Irrational Games) says:

"To be successful in PC development, you need three things: time, passion and respect."

Ubisoft has a lot of things to learn.

Source:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/15/bioshock-infinite-the-pc-version-difference

ProletariatPleb
01-17-2013, 07:00 AM
IGN says AC3 is great on PC with 8.6 of 10 in your review but Chris Kline (technical director of Irrational Games) says:

"To be successful in PC development, you need three things: time, passion and respect."

Ubisoft has a lot of things to learn.

Source:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/15/bioshock-infinite-the-pc-version-difference
IGN sucks. What Chris said is true, I was pointing that out earlier to a few friends.

Revan-Risinger
01-17-2013, 08:20 AM
I disagree 100%. Ubisoft is very unique. No one else could have created the world of Assassin's Creed. The only problem with Ubisoft is the lack of customer support. They are also a hell of a lot more busy than you think. And unless one of you work in the gaming industry; you can keep these idiotic post to yourselves. Your uneducated opinions are distasteful. Do some research before you cry on the forums.

ProletariatPleb
01-17-2013, 09:07 AM
I disagree 100%. Ubisoft is very unique. No one else could have created the world of Assassin's Creed. The only problem with Ubisoft is the lack of customer support. They are also a hell of a lot more busy than you think. And unless one of you work in the gaming industry; you can keep these idiotic post to yourselves. Your uneducated opinions are distasteful. Do some research before you cry on the forums.
As opposed to having no standards and accepting whatever is thrown? Yeahhh...No, I'll stick with the "distasteful uneducated and idiotic" opinions which actually have evidence to back them up.

McJobless
01-17-2013, 09:12 AM
The truely uneducated person here is yourself. You try to call us out, yet you're quite obviously a fanboy. You don't want to admit that the company which developed your favourite game completely ruined what potential they had, and have shattered their credibility on the PC, the best of all gaming platforms. They are NOT busy, unless you count NEEDLESSLY over-hyping rushed games which are relying entirely on previous titles on the franchise to sell to fanboys such as you. Anyone else with a decent team could have created AC, possibly even better. The only way Ubisoft is unique is in how they continuously refuse to listen to their consumer base who are trying to help them.

Mr_Shade and Black Widow are probably the only two Ubisoft personal who I believe some credibility still remains with, because even if they take their time with moderation, and lock some rather important threads, they do so for good reasons and I believe they do still care about us and our problems, even if they themselves can't do much to help. Unfortunately, I simply cannot trust the rest of Ubisoft after many tasteless decisions from all different levels within the company. If I could do something, I would fire the current Ubisoft CEO/Board of Directors and hire an actual gamer who knows what gamers want, regardless of platform, unbiased and uncorrupted from console developers.

To the mods, I'm not trying to flame or cause a flame war, but I am upset with this game and everything surrounding it, including the history of Ubisoft.

Revan-Risinger
01-17-2013, 06:15 PM
The truely uneducated person here is yourself. You try to call us out, yet you're quite obviously a fanboy. You don't want to admit that the company which developed your favourite game completely ruined what potential they had, and have shattered their credibility on the PC, the best of all gaming platforms. They are NOT busy, unless you count NEEDLESSLY over-hyping rushed games which are relying entirely on previous titles on the franchise to sell to fanboys such as you. Anyone else with a decent team could have created AC, possibly even better. The only way Ubisoft is unique is in how they continuously refuse to listen to their consumer base who are trying to help them.

Mr_Shade and Black Widow are probably the only two Ubisoft personal who I believe some credibility still remains with, because even if they take their time with moderation, and lock some rather important threads, they do so for good reasons and I believe they do still care about us and our problems, even if they themselves can't do much to help. Unfortunately, I simply cannot trust the rest of Ubisoft after many tasteless decisions from all different levels within the company. If I could do something, I would fire the current Ubisoft CEO/Board of Directors and hire an actual gamer who knows what gamers want, regardless of platform, unbiased and uncorrupted from console developers.

To the mods, I'm not trying to flame or cause a flame war, but I am upset with this game and everything surrounding it, including the history of Ubisoft.

Do you boys need a tissue? Its a great series, you ladies just want something to cry about. If you don't like it, then gtfo. You *****ing is gonna get you no where(if what you say about ubisoft is true) You are wasting your time.

McJobless
01-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Do you boys need a tissue? Its a great series, you ladies just want something to cry about. If you don't like it, then gtfo. You *****ing is gonna get you no where(if what you say about ubisoft is true) You are wasting your time.
I like how you didn't even try to address our points, you just went back to insulting us and then proving us. We have evidence to support our claims, you're acting like a spoiled brat. I'm not wasting my own time because I don't care if Ubisoft sees this.

Revan-Risinger
01-17-2013, 09:30 PM
Points? You guys had points to posting this? I read none. What I get so tired of seeing, is this slanderous stuff you post about a great game. I have never had any problems except for ingame music stopping. I have not even heard of some of the companies you posted. Well, except for 2k and Steam. I know for a fact that 2k is a bad idea. My brother has had many 2k games, and they are pumped full of problems. Borderlands 2 is good, I give them that. But come on, this is a little offensive to me, fans and the creators of AC. If you don't like the series or the game, then stop playing. Move on.

McJobless
01-17-2013, 09:46 PM
Points? You guys had points to posting this? I read none. What I get so tired of seeing, is this slanderous stuff you post about a great game. I have never had any problems except for ingame music stopping. I have not even heard of some of the companies you posted. Well, except for 2k and Steam. I know for a fact that 2k is a bad idea. My brother has had many 2k games, and they are pumped full of problems. Borderlands 2 is good, I give them that. But come on, this is a little offensive to me, fans and the creators of AC. If you don't like the series or the game, then stop playing. Move on.
If you knew how to read, you might have seen them and responded, not just AGAIN ignored them and let your own fanboy ignorance get the better of you. What you're tired of is Ubisoft wasting what could be a great franchise. That's great that you "haven't", but LOTS of people have, and we deserve some kind of fix, but apparently we are unworthy. You're blind to those companies because you're so stuck up with modern mainstream gaming, you're blind to anything that didn't get a happy ending from IGN.

I've got many 2K Games without any problems, so I guess according to your logic is that they don't exist? You and few other people would still be fans of the AC series. This is NOT offensive to YOU in and WAY, SHAPE or FORM, because IT WASN'T WRITTEN TO YOU. The creators of AC deserve every bit of disrespect they get for leaving us in the deep end without even communication that they are going to solve our problems.

Who said I didn't like other titles in the series? Maybe I want this game to be fixed so I can at least finish it? You know about freedom of speech? I'm exercising it. Sorry that you're so shallow you can't see that Ubisoft doesn't care about YOU or even THEIR OWN FRANCHISE. They only care about the money associated with it.

Caldzie2013
01-17-2013, 10:16 PM
I agree with xx7xxxpowersxx 100%

what were missing is the ubisoft games back in the day were EPIC no question about it.

The same cant be said now i bought AC3 in good hope its epic but seems below what i expected after so much hype.

Being a bioshock and boarderlands fan i belive they mite have done a better job but only with bugs/fixs etc.

Just my 2p guys

Revan-Risinger
01-17-2013, 10:49 PM
If you knew how to read, you might have seen them and responded, not just AGAIN ignored them and let your own fanboy ignorance get the better of you. What you're tired of is Ubisoft wasting what could be a great franchise. That's great that you "haven't", but LOTS of people have, and we deserve some kind of fix, but apparently we are unworthy. You're blind to those companies because you're so stuck up with modern mainstream gaming, you're blind to anything that didn't get a happy ending from IGN.

I've got many 2K Games without any problems, so I guess according to your logic is that they don't exist? You and few other people would still be fans of the AC series. This is NOT offensive to YOU in and WAY, SHAPE or FORM, because IT WASN'T WRITTEN TO YOU. The creators of AC deserve every bit of disrespect they get for leaving us in the deep end without even communication that they are going to solve our problems.

Who said I didn't like other titles in the series? Maybe I want this game to be fixed so I can at least finish it? You know about freedom of speech? I'm exercising it. Sorry that you're so shallow you can't see that Ubisoft doesn't care about YOU or even THEIR OWN FRANCHISE. They only care about the money associated with it.

Well, I read your stupid ****t. I did, I really did. I don't agree with it. I don't know why you think you know so much. Do you work for any gaming company? Have you ever created a game? So how the hell would you know what goes on with Ubisoft? Some of these fixes are not easy, they take time. Hell, I would stop replying to people who cried about every single small problem. Sure, maybe we are neglected a little. But they are not gonna come to the rescue every time you snap your fingers. You calling me a fan boy is funny. By definition, yes I am a fan, and I am a man. So, yes I am a fan boy. But I am not bias. I have my complaints about Ubisoft, but they are rational. And I don't come on here crying to them when ever I have a little problem. And if they did not care about us, then they would have not released AC3 on PC. They can make plenty of money on consoles.

Just though of something. The DLC and the equaility of PC to consoles will not happen. Its called business. We are not a big ENOUGH community to do special favors for. A lot of companies could quit making games for PC and be fine. Look at Call of Duty. And I don't know what the hell you are talking about when you say people hate Desmond Miles, and that the AC3 story line is boring. That only applies to a small group. I have never heard of that before. Start a poll, and we will see who Is right.

McJobless
01-17-2013, 10:58 PM
Well, I read your stupid ****t. I did, I really did. I don't agree with it. I don't know why you think you know so much. Do you work for any gaming company? Have you ever created a game? So how the hell would you know what goes on with Ubisoft?
How do you know I haven't got prior experience, even after I posted earlier that I had? I know the process well enough to know Ubisoft is doing it wrong. VERY wrong.

Some of these fixes are not easy, they take time.
So how come the console versions get them weeks before we do, even though they have to go through the authorisation process.

Hell, I would stop replying to people who cried about every single small problem.
Then why are you still doing it? Because you're a little fanboy, who doesn't want to be proven wrong.

Sure, maybe we are neglected a little. But they are not gonna come to the rescue every time you snap your fingers.
It's the expectation of customers the product works as listed or demonstrated, or by legal obligations they are required to offer us a refund or to fix the product.

You calling me a fan boy is funny. By definition, yes I am a fan, and I am a man. So, yes I am a fan boy. But I am not bias. I have my complaints about Ubisoft, but they are rational. And I don't come on here crying to them when ever I have a little problem.
You just contradicted yourself. A fanboy is biased towards their favourite products. My complaints are rational because I explained them, and people have agreed with me. I'm not crying, I'm giving my opinion on this sad state of affairs, which any sane company would realise and fix.

And if they did not care about us, then they would have not released AC3 on PC. They can make plenty of money on consoles.
They don't care about us, they care about the money. They only reason we got a PC version is because Ubisoft knew it could still exploit some paying customers with a shoddy "port".

Please stop coming here, trying to be all smart. You're derailing this topic, and I don't want you to embarrass yourself anymore than you have.

Revan-Risinger
01-17-2013, 11:02 PM
How do you know I haven't got prior experience, even after I posted earlier that I had? I know the process well enough to know Ubisoft is doing it wrong. VERY wrong.

So how come the console versions get them weeks before we do, even though they have to go through the authorisation process.

Then why are you still doing it? Because you're a little fanboy, who doesn't want to be proven wrong.

It's the expectation of customers the product works as listed or demonstrated, or by legal obligations they are required to offer us a refund or to fix the product.

You just contradicted yourself. A fanboy is biased towards their favourite products. My complaints are rational because I explained them, and people have agreed with me. I'm not crying, I'm giving my opinion on this sad state of affairs, which any sane company would realise and fix.

They don't care about us, they care about the money. They only reason we got a PC version is because Ubisoft knew it could still exploit some paying customers with a shoddy "port".

Please stop coming here, trying to be all smart. You're derailing this topic, and I don't want you to embarrass yourself anymore than you have.

Alright, I'm done. You did not read my sentences carefully. I cannot argue with an idiot. I am no longer going to post in the thread.

McJobless
01-17-2013, 11:05 PM
Alright, I'm done. You did not read my sentences carefully. I cannot argue with an idiot. I am no longer going to post in the thread.
Thank you for finally coming to your senses, although if I didn't read them correctly, how come I responded to every single one in a logical manner? Is this more butthurt I see?

Back on topic, Ubisoft hasn't even addressed the issues with PR yet. A normal company would have got PR on this to make it look like they care about the customer and their problems...

ProletariatPleb
01-17-2013, 11:07 PM
I cannot argue with an idiot.
http://images.t-shirts.com/irony-tshirt-logo-hr.jpg

Tzatrix
01-17-2013, 11:53 PM
xx7xxxPowersxx, from the way you write I can see you are surely not an idiot. But AC3 is published. By Ubisoft. This cannot be changed. It's clear now that they won't release a patch/fix unless a miracle happens. So...how do you think we can "provoke" the miracle?

PS: I almost lost interest in the game itself but I still feel offended by the money I overpayed to them...that's why I still read the forums, searching for good news, but I find only disrespect to PC community from Ubi.

ProletariatPleb
01-17-2013, 11:57 PM
xx7xxxPowersxx, from the way you write I can see you are surely not an idiot. But AC3 is published. By Ubisoft. This cannot be changed. It's clear now that they won't release a patch/fix unless a miracle happens. So...how do you think we can "provoke" the miracle?

PS: I almost lost interest in the game itself but I still feel offended by the money I overpayed to them...that's why I still read the forums, searching for good news, but I find only disrespect to PC community from Ubi.
We're not saying it will change, merely pointing out that it should be done right and that Irrational, VALVe, CDPR would have done exactly that. I've lost interest in AC now.

McJobless
01-18-2013, 12:03 AM

We're not saying it will change, merely pointing out that it should be done right and that Irrational, VALVe, CDPR would have done exactly that. I've lost interest in AC now.
Exactly what sid said. These are just my thoughts on what could have been, but unfortunately it's too late for. It feels like a huge punch in the nads, what they've done.

I totally get you, and I feel the same way. I have no idea why a company as big this is allowed to represent themselves in such a terrible way. You'd think they'd try present themselves as a respectful company, so they could gain more customers and investors.

Revan-Risinger
01-18-2013, 12:14 AM
I cant help it, I keep seeing this pop up. This is funny. Why have you lost hope? I'm sure they are still working to fix the problems. Honestly, have any of you looked at your own computer or set up to see if that's your problem?(I'm referring to lag issues and music loss) And for you sidspyker24, if you have lost interest, then why are you still posting? @xx7xxxPowersxx I'm not calling you an idiot for your opinion. You did not read my sentences correctly. By Definition, I am a fan, and a man. That does not mean I am bias. I was making a point that; by definition a fanboy is not bias. And you mentioned your background and how I did not know you. That's why I asked. But you went on to say "How do you know I haven't got prior experience, even after I posted earlier that I had? I know the process well enough to know Ubisoft is doing it wrong. VERY wrong." That's why I asked. You also do not understand business. No, its not fair that we get duped. Its called "business" They make money and they are done. Activision is very good about this. The PC community is not big enough to continue to support. A lot of gaming companies could do with out us. I'm not bashing your opinion. I'm bothered by the fact that you are insulting a good game. That's what set me off, now I apologize if I have bashed you personally. It seems to me that you are appealing to a small group. Most love the Games, but hate the support. I don't like Ubisupport either, but their story and gameplay are mostly solid. My game is fine, only music is missing. That's why I ask you to make sure its not a personal computer set up. No one could have written a better story than Cory Mays, and Darby McNitt(I think that's his name). Now, I agree with the steam involvement in place of Uplay. 2k, in my eyes would be terrible. Possibly Bethesda or possibly Rockstar could have done a better polished game. That might be the thing with Ubisoft. They lack polishment. I feel, however, that you speak of Ubisoft like they are just so unworthy of being a company, which I do not agree.

ProletariatPleb
01-18-2013, 12:19 AM
And for you sidspyker24, if you have lost interest, then why are you still posting?
I paid for the game?
The forums are made for this very purpose you know? To discuss, but no, instead of discussion you resort to ad hominem and make no valid point, other than "I feel Ubisoft is good" with all the evidence pointing to the exact opposite.

Revan-Risinger
01-18-2013, 12:22 AM
I paid for the game?
The forums are made for this very purpose you know? To discuss, but not, instead of discussion you resort to ad hominem and make no valid point, other than "I feel Ubisoft is good" with all the evidence pointing to the exact opposite.

Evidence pointing to the opposite? You are a minority bud. I see more people who enjoy than not. But you said you have lost interest, right? If you truly lost interest, then you would not care and you would move on.

Revan-Risinger
01-18-2013, 12:27 AM
iam talking about the games itself not anything else :D

This is my point, this is what im trying to say. @abohamed is right.

ProletariatPleb
01-18-2013, 12:29 AM
You are a minority bud. I see more people who enjoy than not.
I have seen the error of my ways master, forgive me.

The evidence that I am wrong is alarming!
http://i.imgur.com/Un4bx.png

Revan-Risinger
01-18-2013, 12:53 AM
yeah, because everyone who bought this game is posting on these forums, a few hundred people compared to the thousands or even hundred thousands, is a minority. And a lot of those people post several times. I know because I have done it. You picture is no proof.

ProletariatPleb
01-18-2013, 01:01 AM
yeah, because everyone who bought this game is posting on these forums, a few hundred people compared to the thousands or even hundred thousands, is a minority. And a lot of those people post several times. I know because I have done it. You picture is no proof.
http://i.imgur.com/Y3C67.jpg

What sort of logic is that? If somebody doesn't post they de facto love the game? How amusing.

niemtoor
01-18-2013, 01:06 AM
This!

Ferrith
01-18-2013, 01:52 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Y3C67.jpg

What sort of logic is that? If somebody doesn't post they de facto love the game? How amusing.

ROFL! The "Mentor Facepalm" says it all! ;)

bveUSbve
01-18-2013, 08:45 AM
AC3 has been rushed for release. It would have needed at least several more months in development to reach the "final" state the developers originally had planned. That's what I am convinced of - not only because of the many bugs - which occur on consoles too! -, but also because the story/stories is/are severely lacking in some regards and the gameplay (e.g. controls, crafting/trading-systems) isn't "tuned" sufficiently.
But of course Ubisoft management wants its yearly profits from the AC franchise, and in this special case the series' story was aimed for a "conclusion" in december 2012 right from the start (or from AC2 on...).

But would some "random" other studios have done it better? Perhaps they have a management that is not quite as greedy or indifferent about the "artistic" side of their product; I don't know.
But I really doubt they have the man-power AND the know-how to make an Open World Game of the HUGE dimensions of AC3. (Of course I'm no expert in these matters. But who of "us" is?)

Tzatrix
01-18-2013, 02:12 PM
Rigel appears to have a lot of free time trying to show he is smart :)
AC3 is a bad game. I mean, among the games that cost more then 40$. Let me point at good games: L.A. Noire, both Batman recent games, GTA is a successful series, EA's games are constantly fixed from time to time. There are developers who became bankrupt because of making the game as awesome as possible.
The main character is a mess. It's a robot. Why the hell he defends "his people"? We saw him killing the chief, moking his fat friend...he has no motivation. He doesn't have a soul it seems. And who said that if you are making a game about the civil war it doesn't need to have any sense of humour. We are human. It is in our nature to joke.
Ok, enough about that. There was a statement that this game would be better if Witcher's Devs were making it. Yes, I agree. They would've make a research based on previous games and released a good product. It would run great on PC. Not sure about consoles. And we would've seen a crowd of ragin console users XD
If the PC community is a minority it doesn't mean we must be forgotten. Someone a right thing: without PC's there would never been any consoles.

Tzatrix
01-18-2013, 02:16 PM
And by the way! Bethesda is not so bad. Dishonored was a decent assassin story and they sure know how to make an open world, if u know what I mean :)