PDA

View Full Version : Civilians morphing into other personas in DM?

datdereRB26
01-15-2013, 03:38 PM
why do i see civilians turning into other personas randomly? No player was in that vicinity who could've just used morph. Also, in DM, there are no civilian clones of player chosen personas, correct? (unless they use morph)

montagemik
01-15-2013, 04:05 PM
I Use BLEND - I step into a crowd & morph 1 Civilian - I leave that crowd . The morphed Civilian remains in that group wandering around until i morph another crowd.
My duplicate can wander around for the entire match at the opposite end of the map - I Don't need to be anywhere near the duplicate . It's not uncommon .

If somebody uses Mass morph - they'll have multiple duplicates wandering around. & morph can be thrown from a distance - so again the player doesn't need to be in the vicinity.

SixKeys
01-15-2013, 04:11 PM
I've seen this happen in Wolfpack solo, I didn't have Morph or Blend in my set.

indulgence82
01-15-2013, 04:24 PM
why do i see civilians turning into other personas randomly? No player was in that vicinity who could've just used morph. Also, in DM, there are no civilian clones of player chosen personas, correct? (unless they use morph)

There are several possible causes for this. 1 Your in deathmatch a new player enters the lobby. The Crowd will eliminate all copies of the persona the new player chooses and replace them with other personas. 2 A player with blender enters a different blend (ending the previous change) and the civilian reverts back to the previous type. 3 Someone used their morph at ranged. 4 Someone morphed a new group after morphing another crowd where multiple civilians have left(or were killed leaving only 1 left). 5 A player that used blender/morph has either died or left the lobby.

And as for wolfpack. 3 of the types of targets use blender, 2 use decoy, and 2 of them use body guard. So the computerized targets can make all sorts of changes.

Red_SPiTFirE
01-15-2013, 04:25 PM

Actually from what you described this sounds like what happens when a new player joins the game and picks a persona that is currently being used as a civilian. So the game reshuffles the civilians to another persona that isn't being used. You don't see it often but you will see a number of persona's changing when this happens.

Its either that or Blend/Morph/Decoy switching the personas around.

SixKeys
01-15-2013, 05:45 PM
And as for wolfpack. 3 of the types of targets use blender, 2 use decoy, and 2 of them use body guard. So the computerized targets can make all sorts of changes.

I know, but this happened to ME, when I was blending. My target was far away and I was stalking him from a distance, he was nowhere near a blend group. Suddenly one of the NPCs in my group just randomly morphs into a different character.