PDA

View Full Version : Post new Animus abilities you'd like to see!

OliveBranchSA
01-15-2013, 09:44 AM
I was looking at the stickied threads but couldn't find any pertaining to suggestions for new abilities, although I'm sure the devs will get right on reading those if they become really big. :p

Still, it's fun to throw out ideas and dream of abilities you'd like to see in the game, so why don't we have a thread about abilities you'd like to see in the game? Try to keep discussion of already-existing abilities out of this thread, but feel free to use them as a base for your own idea. Oh, and try and be fair with your opinion, don't claim you want a smoke bomb that auto-focuses your next attack for an Incognito Poison kill. ;)

To start, I cooked up a defensive ability that could be quite a lot of fun for those who are concerned about line of sight shenanigans and who want to play a little bit of mindgames with their pursuers. I call it "Beacon". How does it work?

Much like a Tripwire Bomb, the Beacon is a small mine-like object your character would throw at their feet, and take a few seconds to set up. However, unlike the Tripwire Bomb's small explosive stunning capabilities, the Beacon plays a much more subtle role. It sends out a signal to your pursuer's compass and hijacks it, displaying false data and throwing off your real signal to where the beacon is. Thus, your pursuer's compass would light up and get bigger when it gets a line of sight (and proximity) to the beacon, not your persona. In order for the Beacon to work, however, you'd need to stay within its radius (visible only to you [or your team?]) in order to operate it, and keep it feeding false info on your real whereabouts.

How could this work in practice? Well, imagine you throw or drop a beacon at a merchant's stall where you see a persona of yours chilling there. You ease over to the stall next to it, or better yet, around the stall completely so that you're still within the radius, but completely breaking line of sight with the beacon. Your pursuer eventually comes to play, and they get line of sight on you... but the Beacon is active, and it is drawing your signal. Your pursuer ignores you and moves to approach the beacon, getting line of sight with it and receiving confirmation that you're standing... where your lure is standing. They go in for the kill, and boom, you've got yourself a free lure bonus and possibly a stun. The Beacon would deactivate after your pursuer performs a civilian kill or lure within its radius, if you leave the operating radius of the Beacon, or if you throw another one down. Possible craftable options include Cooldown, Operating Range, Activation Time, and Charges (where each charge would be one civilian killed within the radius).

Alternatively, the Beacon could also work by acting as an Artifact Assault defender's compass where it starts to get fuzzy near their base, thus instead of messing with their line of sight indicator it just scrambles and goes off altogether when they get close to you and your toy, and the range of the Beacon's effect could be boosted via crafting.

So, that's my idea for a defensive mindgame ability. What ideas do you have for abilities?

Edit: An offensive use? If your target wanders inside the beacon's radius, they don't hear whispers.

Cryptic Fox
01-15-2013, 12:16 PM
i would love to see Trip wire bomb variant of Firecrackers, don't really have any thoughts on how it would work but i think it sounds nifty

or maybe an ability like Mute only instead of preventing using abilities and attacking, it freezes pursuers in place for a few seconds

and lastly an ability that boosts your speed, as in makes every action (running, climbing, stunning, attacking, shoving and fast walking) move fast, kinda like buffed up version of Sprint

i don't know, these are just ideas i came up with at 3am so cut me some slack lol :P

PANiC_ATTACKER
01-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Multiple disperse Smoke bomb!! and bomb crafting so you can create different bombs like in the ACR singleplayer!! :)

dats a FISH
01-15-2013, 02:08 PM
Make it so you summon a meteor that crashs into the earth killing everyone on the map. 120 second cd sound legit?

montagemik
01-15-2013, 04:19 PM
SELF HARM = Throw it at your pursuers or targets - when they attack , They either punch themselves or Kill themselves = 3 Minute cooldown non craftable for 100pts max .

Bad idea - but would be funny as hell first few times . :cool: ( not a serious suggestion , but it would be popular for some)

PANiC_ATTACKER
01-15-2013, 04:29 PM
I want a HE-MAN ability! I want to lift my weapon in the air, taunt " I HAVE THE POWER" I will then appear with very little clothes on for a few seconds and lightening will disperse and kill all players in a 20ft radius!. HE-MAN!! like a boss!!

anyone under 28 years old might not know what Im talking about, but I dont care

montagemik
01-15-2013, 04:39 PM
CALL OF THE WILD = If your target or pursuer is on a Roof - You summon an eagle to knock them off while you move in for the attack .
- If they're on the ground - you send a wolf to bite them on the A** or leg . .

AssassinYago
01-15-2013, 06:49 PM
CALL OF THE WILD = If your target or pursuer is on a Roof - You summon an eagle to knock them off while you move in for the attack .
- If they're on the ground - you send a wolf to bite them on the A** or leg . .

I like this idea! O.o

Free_Hidings
01-15-2013, 09:59 PM
i would love to see Trip wire bomb variant of Firecrackers, don't really have any thoughts on how it would work but i think it sounds nifty

or maybe an ability like Mute only instead of preventing using abilities and attacking, it freezes pursuers in place for a few seconds

and lastly an ability that boosts your speed, as in makes every action (running, climbing, stunning, attacking, shoving and fast walking) move fast, kinda like buffed up version of Sprint

i don't know, these are just ideas i came up with at 3am so cut me some slack lol :P

You mean like a.... Smokebomb?

OliveBranchSA
01-15-2013, 10:16 PM
Make it so you summon a meteor that crashs into the earth killing everyone on the map. 120 second cd sound legit?
That's a Loss Streak, silly!

ThaFazz
01-16-2013, 12:38 AM
Mute.

Bashilir
01-16-2013, 12:49 AM
Fusion. Let's you combine yourself with anything in the environment and makes you blend in, like a boss. :d

Cryptic Fox
01-16-2013, 04:35 AM
You mean like a.... Smokebomb?

eh...kinda...

montagemik
01-16-2013, 05:03 AM
Sticky Bomb - as crafted in AC-R . Much more useful than tripwire .

keyblade14
01-16-2013, 07:06 AM
Mute thats it.