PDA

View Full Version : Guys the patch is on!!!!

AidenPixxel
01-14-2013, 05:51 PM
I've just opened AC3 and the patch is downloading

MaPk0
01-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Same. But i really don't know what is it going to fix

LambertoKevlar
01-14-2013, 06:01 PM
:confused::confused:

xMarlecx
01-14-2013, 06:02 PM
ok installed this is wat is listed

Multiplayer:

Various fixes related to the Customization system in multiplayer
Minor Interface fixes in the game lobby
Sound announcements in the session now work correctly
User Interface updated
Various minor STEAM related fixes
Ability Icons size fix
Navigation in Abstergo store has been improved

Singleplayer:

Various minor mission issues fixed
Wrong spawning positions in some case`s fixed
Voice in tutorial missions has been fixed
In-game interface (BAM wheel) controls now more responsive
Issues related to the desynchronization fixed

Althou i am grateful, seriously is that it ??

Greko0
01-14-2013, 06:04 PM
wtf nothing about performance in singleplayer ? This suuuux.........How can multi run with 60 fps and singleplayer 15 fps ?

sasliks95
01-14-2013, 06:05 PM
no music or fps drop fix? WHAT IS THIS? those arent even problems, i dont consider this a patch.. JUST TESTED NO MUSIC FIX.

MaPk0
01-14-2013, 06:24 PM
I think that ubisoft just failed with this upade. Now i can't create a group in MP because i get kicked by punkbuster or some ****? Great now i can't even connect to a game session!

LambertoKevlar
01-14-2013, 06:28 PM
no fps fix?

spectatorx
01-14-2013, 06:33 PM
Of course there is no fps/performance fix :D

It was obvious since long time :D

LambertoKevlar
01-14-2013, 06:39 PM
i know it was obvious but the idiot inside me has written the post...:D

sharkdrutt
01-14-2013, 06:44 PM
and still the no music bug...

this is absurd...

Cody_Summers
01-14-2013, 06:45 PM
Would also be nice to see a more intuitive menu for mouse and keyboard. I.E. The naval map, not being able to just click where you want to go but having to drag the circle across. Who's bright idea was that?

spectatorx
01-14-2013, 07:06 PM
Direct link to patch if someone want to keep an installer on hard drive for future game reinstallments:
http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/ac3/AssassinsCreed3Updater1.02_WW.exe

MerlinW_HUN
01-14-2013, 07:11 PM
CZ, HUN patch:
http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/ac3/AssassinsCreed3Updater1.02_CZH.exe

Anyway, I can't update my game:

"Error while patching file multi\DataPC_extra.forge. Incorrect source file"

EDIT:
The patch needed 2GB free space on the drive. Now it's all ok.

spectatorx
01-14-2013, 07:23 PM
On multiplayer side... there is still no loyalty unlocks.... I want my god **** courtesan!!!!

YazX_
01-14-2013, 07:25 PM
Yes new patch is out!

OH, wait a min, nothing changed. :confused:

sharkdrutt
01-14-2013, 07:28 PM
Yes new patch is out!

+1

Sushiglutton
01-14-2013, 07:28 PM
My pistols are finally working, really nice :D!

Sushiglutton
01-14-2013, 07:30 PM
and still the no music bug...

this is absurd...

Mr Shade has allready explained that. They apparently have not been able to understand that bug yet so they need more help by people reporting to support :)

Since it's the weekend, time zone differences and work pattens prevented me posting before now.

I have some slightly bad news, the music fix is not in the next to release patch, which some have assumed due to supports comments - the latest patch is already in testing.

I know this may disappoint some of you, however I don't want you disappointed when it arrives.

While many of you are assuming it's everyone who is suffering this missing music issue, it's not quite that simple or widespread [ I know many on the forums are affected]

The team are investigating, however they need more people to report and supply detailed set up / software / hardware information - via support.

If the team can not reproduce the issue, consistently, and no, it's not a simple case of installing the DLC - then it makes fixing it even more tricky.. so please send reports directly to support if you are affected:

www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com/)

The more reports and information they get the better!

sharkdrutt
01-14-2013, 07:33 PM
If the dev team ONLY tested it by installing the DLC (hidden secrets) on a simple PC...and start the opera sequence
They would notice it....

God...why is life so simple?

Knacki1978
01-14-2013, 07:45 PM
Is this the holiday patch? The changelog from the patch installer doesn't match the holiday patch spoiler thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/739410-Assassin-s-Creed-III-Holiday-Patch-Spoilers-Forums

So is it or is this another bugfix patch with the holiday patch yet to come?

kao194
01-14-2013, 07:49 PM
If the dev team ONLY tested it by installing the DLC (hidden secrets) on a simple PC...and start the opera sequence
They would notice it....

Because that problem doesn't exist on each PC in existence.... I have installled Hidden Secrets DLC and no music bug... That's the difference between PCs and consoles. You have one type of hardware on certain console, on PC you have thousands of different hardware choices. Add software differences and try to fix something that doesn't appear on your PC.

SaDem99
01-14-2013, 07:57 PM
Please don't tell me that they've released the LONG awaited patch. and then when it came out. finally. it doesn't fix the FPS issue and The music problem ?

vinx980
01-14-2013, 07:58 PM
Because that problem doesn't exist on each PC in existence.... I have installled Hidden Secrets DLC and no music bug... That's the difference between PCs and consoles. You have one type of hardware on certain console, on PC you have thousands of different hardware choices. Add software differences and try to fix something that doesn't appear on your PC.

probably you don't have it installed in your pc.

do you have the 2 .dlc.forge files in your root directory?
do you have the naval quests of the dlc?

sharkdrutt
01-14-2013, 08:00 PM

I don't believe they don't have enough testers with "different PC's" to test this issue...
Come on...we live in 2013...

Ubisoft is a multi national??

alliask1nt4ro
01-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Is it already april fools' day or is this patch supposed to be the real thing?? Guess i'll have to wait for AC4 then...

spectatorx
01-14-2013, 08:09 PM
Is it already april fools' day or is this patch supposed to be the real thing?? Guess i'll have to wait for AC4 then...

If they will not fix performance of game there is no reason to keep supporting them with money, supporting by buying any another game of series.

That's what they are doing is incredible... incredibly wrong.

SaDem99
01-14-2013, 08:14 PM
If they will not fix performance of game there is no reason to keep supporting them with money, supporting by buying any another game of series.

That's what they are doing is incredible... incredibly wrong.

That's what i'm going to do from now on. Screw you ubisoft , i'm going home.

andreja110s
01-14-2013, 08:17 PM

Ubisoft is so talented that it makes life complicated, even if it looks simple...

kao194
01-14-2013, 08:31 PM
About performance:
You can't disable vsync (which slows game a lot) in-game (at least in single), but you can still open config file (C:\Users\XYZ\Documents\Assassin's Creed III\Assassin3.ini for SP) and change some settings by using notepad (VSync=0 for disabling v-sync). I'm not responsible if game stops working after changing this file without thinking, you've been warned.
I'm writing this because I noticed many players have nice-fps multi experience and crappy-fps single player games. I hope this would help a bit.

andreja110s
01-14-2013, 08:48 PM
I'm writing this because I noticed many players have nice-fps multi experience and crappy-fps single player games.

Isnīt that because MP is DX9?

kao194
01-14-2013, 08:59 PM
DX9 is very old technology and quite ineffective (compare AC1, which was written in DX10 and DX9. DX10 is much faster, at least on my old computer on which I have played AC1). By using DX11 you can render scenes that would need much stronger computer when used DX9. So single should have more fps than multi if single is DX11 and multi is DX9.
Compare graphical option in both modes (SP and MP). SP has v-sync turned on by default and you cannot turn it off in-game. MP has more option to choose from and you can disable v-sync in-game (which gives some free fps).
And sorry if I made any grammar mistakes, English is not my native language.

x___Luffy___x
01-14-2013, 09:13 PM
did u guys noticed that they did something with the graphics in the new patch ??
they made it less foggy now somehow.. its much clearer now .. not that i like it.. it doesnt matter much i use sweetfx with it its better that way.

jun1or3x
01-14-2013, 09:51 PM
Bugsoft look, there is no reason for that low frame in this scenery

http://imageshack.us/a/img51/621/bugsoft.jpg

and yes my specs is far above the minimum and game confg is all in the lowest possible, resolution 1920x1080 but doesn't matter if i put in 1280x720 or even 800x600 the fps is the same!

ShardofTruth
01-14-2013, 10:08 PM
So they finallly released the "holiday patch" and despite the overly long waiting time it's exactly the same as the patch released for the console version months ago? How is it possible to not include at least one major bug fix that wasn't patched yet, the list is still long enough.

JedediahStrong
01-14-2013, 10:16 PM
My pistols are finally working, really nice :D!

That I find interesting because I still get the twin pistol bug. I can go to a general store, equip twin anythings (in my case I switch to the French Coat Pistols). As soon as I map travel or de-synch it reverts to one FCP and one Pitcairn. Am I doing something wrong here? Patch downloaded and installed fine. I am wearing Achilles' original assassin garb if that matters.

JedediahStrong
01-14-2013, 10:24 PM
Just did a quick test. It appears that the bug exists still if you are wearing Achilles original outfit. I changed to several of the others and it does not appear. No biggie...I like the other ones better anyway.

Sushiglutton
01-14-2013, 10:25 PM
That I find interesting because I still get the twin pistol bug. I can go to a general store, equip twin anythings (in my case I switch to the French Coat Pistols). As soon as I map travel or de-synch it reverts to one FCP and one Pitcairn. Am I doing something wrong here? Patch downloaded and installed fine. I am wearing Achilles' original assassin garb if that matters.

I just started the game (I was in Boston) and I had twin royal pistols when I loaded the game (before I never had two of the same kind). Just ran around for a minute or two in Boston, didn't try to fast travel or anything like that.

xema25
01-14-2013, 10:58 PM
Well, with this path and the latest nvidia drivers, I can use SLI in this game. I'm getting some performance (maybe 5-10%) but at least is not running worse with sli enabled... I don't know If I have to thank nvidia or ubisoft... But im ok with it

kao194
01-14-2013, 11:02 PM
I've made some measurements (max settings if I didn't write anything next to it, in 1366x768, sorry if that doesn't make you satisfied, don't have time to do full-covered fps tests. Measured by Fraps)
In main menu: 72 fps at max settings (V-sync off of course), at lowest settings and resolution ~260fps
At loading ("white room"): ~40-44 fps, 90 fps at lowest settings
Game menu (ESC when in Animus) and when viewing map : 62 fps, 160 fps when at lowest settings
Free running in homestead: 24-40 fps
Running in NY: 21-30, at lowest settings ~40 fps, lowest drop was ~23fps
Looking at sea in New York: 50 fps, at lowest options ~95
On the pole of the ship, looking at NY: 20 fps (tons of effects...), at lowest options 36-42 fps
In combat (NY) 30-35fps
And in Boston 19-35, depends on what I am looking at.
My hardware isn't high-end (Google it for yourself if you're curious: Y580 with i5, if you have worse hardware than me and still claiming it's high-end computer, better google one from for example Alienware, which isn't even the best example here) and it's a notebook so it's not so efficient as typical PC with similar parameters (you know, power consumption and less space for components, mobility has its price). People who just cry there they haven't got clean, smooth gameplay on high-end PCs are just making me laugh...

Dustpan
01-14-2013, 11:12 PM
The music is still missing.

ErgoVoyager
01-14-2013, 11:16 PM
We need an fps fixing patch god ****it

abohamed
01-14-2013, 11:20 PM
guys is this patch i just download IS the holiday patch ?!

sharkdrutt
01-14-2013, 11:25 PM
yeah...unfortunately they dare to call this a "patch"....

ZeNewk
01-14-2013, 11:33 PM
things I noticed after briefly trying out this patch:
- dual pistols after fast travel: work if you wear Assassins robes (for some reason still glitched for me with Achilles robes)
- faster assassins guild menu (as stated)
- icons on artisans locations (homestead)

Those of what I've noticed so far.
PS: no music fix (self explanatory), though I gave up on it and had to redo campaign from scratch dlc-less

Carch
01-14-2013, 11:45 PM
Yay! The patch is here!

I started up a new game after the patch finished downloading and... the game crashed after the "previously on" intro movie.

Way to go, Ubisoft!

miagnew
01-15-2013, 12:32 AM
Ubisoft has just lost my buisness unless they pull a optmization/fps patch out their @$$ really soon. There is no reason for their treatment of the pc playerbase. The fact that i cant push over 30fps in boston (even with amd beta 12.11 drivers) with my system is ridiculous.

i5-3570k 4.2ghz OC
hd 7950 (20% OC)
gskill sniper 8gb ddr3
MSI Z77 MPower mobo

ROFLBOT
01-15-2013, 12:39 AM
So patch is out, but the game is still not playable? I need to know so I wouldn't waste my time and memory on re-downloading the game from the Steam.

miagnew
01-15-2013, 12:41 AM
So patch is out, but the game is still not playable? I need to know so I wouldn't waste my time and memory on re-downloading the game from the Steam.

Don't redownload it. The patch fixed nothing, if anything probably broke more stuff.

MerlinW_HUN
01-15-2013, 03:32 AM
Ubisoft has just lost my buisness unless they pull a optmization/fps patch out their @$$ really soon. There is no reason for their treatment of the pc playerbase. The fact that i cant push over 30fps in boston (even with amd beta 12.11 drivers) with my system is ridiculous.

I played with it more than 50hrs, so...

ecma4
01-15-2013, 05:56 AM
yeah...unfortunately they dare to call this a "patch"....

That's what happens when Ubisoft Kiev is responsible for the PC version. Ghost Recon Future Soldier has been broken since it came out... 7 months ago.

INTO.the.DUSK
01-15-2013, 06:18 AM
And Pistol bug is still exist. at first, I though that bug is solved but when I changed the outfit, pistol is missing. and all the s*** happens again.
so, pistol bug solved ONLY when I wear default outfit.
so, Thank Kiev! This show us how much you guys careless!

Anykeyer
01-15-2013, 06:40 AM
Bugsoft look, there is no reason for that low frame in this scenery

http://imageshack.us/a/img51/621/bugsoft.jpg

and yes my specs is far above the minimum and game confg is all in the lowest possible, resolution 1920x1080 but doesn't matter if i put in 1280x720 or even 800x600 the fps is the same!

There is. As a player you expect your GPU/CPU to only work on what is visible right now. This can never be done. There is always some degree of overdraw. The most common and easy approach is to use BSP tree and portals, but it works good only indoors (AC3 definitelly uses it because sometimes in cities undegrounds with long tunnels you can see rendering glitches and briefly shows white spot at distance). For outdoor scenes there isnt much you can do. You can try deffered shading (I think AC3 uses it but im not sure) to limit unwanted texture and pixel shader work, you can try some sort of clever LOD approach (like Rage does). But in most cases you cant get away from wasted geometry work. You think you just see some wooden wall, but in reality you CPU is forced to calculate all those streets that arent even visible right now.

Yes new patch is out!

A lot of things changed. Those patch notes list some weird stuff but I alrready tried Holiday patch fixes and they are here. So most little (and very annoying) bugs are gone from SP now. Sadly they didnt even try to fix DLC music bug. I didnt expect them to increase fps and I doubt it will ever happen.
On MP side I see a lot of UI changes but almost all of them for the worse. And not a single bug was fixed (I mean real bugs, like lobby being stuck before match starts, without even option to leave)

alf818
01-15-2013, 09:43 AM
Pre patch I am stuck at 32% for the delivery missions and I can't seem to find the Washington conversations. I see a "W" in NY but I can only play a game with Washington. I did two delivery mission per area so far so I'm guess there are more? Still non show on the map after patching.

AjinkyaParuleka
01-15-2013, 09:51 AM
That's what happens when Ubisoft Kiev is responsible for the PC version. Ghost Recon Future Soldier has been broken since it came out... 7 months ago.
wait...wait a sec,Ubisoft Kiev is responsible for PC?I thought it was Montreal,guess..it is for console.

GalakFyarr
01-15-2013, 10:02 AM
Pre patch I am stuck at 32% for the delivery missions and I can't seem to find the Washington conversations. I see a "W" in NY but I can only play a game with Washington. I did two delivery mission per area so far so I'm guess there are more? Still non show on the map after patching.

I had the same problem, but it's because you probably missed a conversation with Washington during one of the earlier sequences. You have to talk with him when he's at the army camp in the Frontier. Don't remember what sequence it was though, if I had to guess it was 9

Mythos207
01-15-2013, 10:04 AM
Maybe the PC community should ban together and start a lawsuit? When you buy a new car its supposed to work like a charm without mechanical or software troubles, you buy a working product. Ubisoft just sold an uncomplete product and scammed the ppl out of there money, I think that is reason enough for a lawsuit.

sharkdrutt
01-15-2013, 10:06 AM
Maybe the PC community should ban together and start a lawsuit? When you buy a new car its supposed to work like a charm without mechanical or software troubles, you buy a working product. Ubisoft just sold an uncomplete product and scammed the ppl out of there money, I think that is reason enough for a lawsuit.

You know they are laughing at that right?
Do you think they are scared of a little % of PC users?

LycketyChick
01-15-2013, 10:14 AM
when are we going to be able to buy Champion Packs ?

spectatorx
01-15-2013, 10:18 AM
when are we going to be able to buy Champion Packs ?
Forget about them, this is better option.

LycketyChick
01-15-2013, 10:34 AM
Forget about them, this is better option. I dont care about that can somebody tell me when are we going to be able to purchase Champion Packs

spectatorx
01-15-2013, 10:50 AM
I think i already told you... Probably never and that is why better to forget about champion packs.

natalinanize
01-15-2013, 11:20 AM
So... now we have champion packs in menu but we dont have night maps anymore? :) I dont like this exchange.

Pleasefixmyacc
01-15-2013, 11:22 AM
So... now we have champion packs in menu but we dont have night maps anymore? :) I dont like this exchange.

Can you even buy the champion packs?

sharkdrutt
01-15-2013, 11:24 AM
Can you even buy the champion packs?

No you can't...

At least not for now...

and somehow I have the feeling it will never work...look at what is happing with loyalty packs, night maps, DLC, ...

natalinanize
01-15-2013, 11:30 AM
Everyone is so worried about champion packs... we will get them at some point but im really curious what happened to night maps?! Is it so hard to fix some things without breaking others?

Pleasefixmyacc
01-15-2013, 11:33 AM
Everyone is so worried about champion packs... we will get them at some point but im really curious what happened to night maps?! Is it so hard to fix some things without breaking others?

Because champion packs should've been released along long time ago and has been an issue since then. Besides it's like saying "why are you worried about night maps? It will be fixed soon."

sharkdrutt
01-15-2013, 11:34 AM

The so called "patch"...an existing one (they just copied what the did on console, 'HARD WORK" ) that took them two months to make...
has been created way before we did the event...without considering any possible event success. So everything has been reset.
There you go, you got your answer

natalinanize
01-15-2013, 11:50 AM
There you go, you got your answer
It was more like retorical question but thanks for your answer anyway.
Im not worried about anything, Just annoyed by mess and lack of reliable info.

jeerryyyyy
01-15-2013, 12:33 PM
they release the patch and dont fix fps problem hahahahahha this is funny

Mr_Shade
01-15-2013, 12:44 PM
im really curious what happened to night maps?! Is it so hard to fix some things without breaking others?

Hi all,

Thank you for raising this to our attention. Night maps should be restored to the game in the next 12 hours.

We will make sure to update you about the situation and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Maps will be fixed within the next 12 hours.

Re: Complaints about FPS not being fixed in the patch, the patch notes where clear on it's contents and as such, there was no expected fixes for performance issues some may be experiencing.

There maybe some performance improvements in future patches - however the current official statement on them follows:

please check the support site for an FAQ on improving them:
http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17647/p/88,2511/

If that does not help - please contact them directly:

www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

jeerryyyyy
01-15-2013, 12:48 PM
maps will be fixed within the next 12 hours.

Re: Complaints about fps not being fixed in the patch, the patch notes where clear on it's contents and as such, there was expected to be no fixes for performance issues some may be experiencing.

Please check the support site for an faq on improving them:

if that does not help - please contact them directly:

you joking right?

Mr_Shade
01-15-2013, 12:53 PM
you joking right?I try not to.

The Maps will be fixed in the next 12 hours, as per the Com Devs post.

Only items in the patch notes - are in the patch, any other problems maybe fixed in future patches.

There were no FPS 'fixes' expected in this patch - which I have tried to explain to many people in the last few days.

If you have major FPS issues, such as 10 fps then you need to double check the FAQ - and if you have followed it, contact support.

Music missing after DLC install - people affected need to contact support with setup info and DXdiag so that the team can reproduce it.

LambertoKevlar
01-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Maps will be fixed within the next 12 hours.

Re: Complaints about FPS not being fixed in the patch, the patch notes where clear on it's contents and as such, there was no expected fixes for performance issues some may be experiencing.

There maybe some performance improvements in future patches - however the current official statement on them follows:

please check the support site for an FAQ on improving them:

If that does not help - please contact them directly:

maybe...two months and "Maybe"
will be a patch for the fps issue...

Dejan507
01-15-2013, 12:56 PM
Seriously, what the hell is this punkbuster thing now that keeps kicking me out?
And also I get very low activity right now, I hope it's not because of the patch but because people are actually not playing.. I'll check later today

jeerryyyyy
01-15-2013, 12:56 PM
they cant fix this game.. this is f*** joke i buy this **** game why? why buy this broken game? shame you ubi...

Mr_Shade
01-15-2013, 01:00 PM
maybe...two months and "Maybe"
will be a patch for the fps issue...

'maybe' - since I have zero information on future patches at present.

I personally would be pro active and work with support - rather than waiting on a magical fix..

I can see why rumours start about FPS 'fixes' now..

Seriously, what the hell is this punkbuster thing now that keeps kicking me out?
And also I get very low activity right now, I hope it's not because of the patch but because people are actually not playing.. I'll check later today

Punkbuster should have been working and installed from day one for multiplayer - it's an anti cheat system.

If you are having issues with it now, out of the blue, please make sure to contact support.

LambertoKevlar
01-15-2013, 01:06 PM
i have been collaborative...the first month...the second month,and i think you understand me,i have been a little less collaborative,"Maybe" because i'm pissed off of this situation,"Maybe" because there's a strange part of me that don't like to pay 70$ for a broken thing,"Maybe" because i don't like to play without music,"Maybe"....

jeerryyyyy
01-15-2013, 01:07 PM
you have money for AC3 so fix fps lazzy..

Tim_Skijwalker
01-15-2013, 01:30 PM
no music bug fix huh....

ooh contact community support... mmm

Mr_Shade
01-15-2013, 02:03 PM
no music bug fix huh....

ooh contact community support... mmm

Please do not post large images in quotes - since they fill the page making it hard for others to follow the thread - people may miss important news etc.

If you do not wish to contact support - that's your choice, however if everyone takes that approach - the fix will take a lot longer, if it comes at all.

LambertoKevlar
01-15-2013, 02:07 PM
the fact it's that we contacted the support,another fact is that we don't see results after contacting the support...

spectatorx
01-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Shade, let's be clear thinking now. If there is nothing yet done about fixing game performance so there is no reason to contact with support again. I'm more than sure support get thousands of reports so far and this fooling users is absurd.

Mr_Shade
01-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Shade, let's be clear thinking now. If there is nothing yet done about fixing game performance so there is no reason to contact with support again. I'm more than sure support get thousands of reports so far and this fooling users is absurd.
If that's how you feel - fair enough.

However if people don't report the issue is ongoing, after every new driver update, then they may assume the problem is solved by that driver update.

I can only push the problem so much, without support tickets to back up my reports.

unionjack_89
01-15-2013, 02:17 PM
Still no solution for the music bug and they releasing an another DLC today. This is getting really ridicuolus........

ROFLBOT
01-15-2013, 02:28 PM
Can someone explain me this please? The forum moderators -HAVE- seen our complaints on here, on the forums yet they release a patch, we, hoping for finally a playable game, get screwed over again. You say report to the ticket center while me and lot of other have already done that, maybe even 2 times, hoping that for a possible fix, but nothing is done nor fixed. I also had a report open for couple of weeks when I saw getting back no answer and then I checked again and saw it was "solved", clearly stating that Ubisoft has gave up on me. So please tell me again how it will benefit us all of we start reporting? I just won't believe the fact that the developers "didn't know about the issues, because no one reported any" and release a patch to quick-fix some minor things, I just won't believe it.

Tim_Skijwalker
01-15-2013, 02:32 PM
Please do not post large images in quotes - since they fill the page making it hard for others to follow the thread - people may miss important news etc.

If you do not wish to contact support - that's your choice, however if everyone takes that approach - the fix will take a lot longer, if it comes at all.
do you posses the ability to read or is my english that poor that you just don't get it?

I contacted support.. more than 5 times on this issue.
I scanned my computer and send them the results
I want to help

All i get is automated replies and them not helping me with helping them
I included the file and I get a reply with "jo dude, please include that file"
I keep sending it and now they are just ignoring me

and what do you mean with if it comes at all????
I paid for this game right, you have an obligation as a developer team to just fix is or at least **** well try it.

If this won't be fixed I will never pay for a ubisoft game again... and i buy a lot of games.

this is not a personal attack i just wonder if you read my post.. since you are saying That i did not contact support while I stated that i freaking did.

I'm trying to stay calm but its been 5 weeks and you are making it really hard on me.

I post images to lighten the mood.

A seperate music.exe fix just for the people with problems is cool with me as well

DId you just delete the whole part of my post where I stated contacting support...
that is truly mature :cool:

Mr_Shade
01-15-2013, 02:37 PM
my comment 'if it comes at all' - is relating to other issues that people do not report directly.

fixes take a lot longer - if there are no tickets to back up the issue.

People need to report problems directly to support - which coupled with the FM's own reports of issues, prompts the team to investigate.

At present - as I have posted - the team are having problems recreating the issue, so they still need people to report things.

My comment about not wanting to report things - was in case others are also reading the thread and think it's not worth while.. it is.

anidais
01-15-2013, 02:50 PM
I also reported the performance issues to support, and this was their response:

"Thank you for reporting this issue. We have forwarded this issue to the dev teams and the problem is currently under investigation. If any changes are made to this issue, details will be posted directly to the support section of our website as well as the official Assassin's Creed 3 message boards".

I think this won't be fixed soon, if at all. At least I got the game for free with my new GPU. I know how those who bought the game must feel. Hopefully I am wrong and something is done about this.

spectatorx
01-15-2013, 03:01 PM

"Thank you for reporting this issue. We have forwarded this issue to the dev teams and the problem is currently under investigation. If any changes are made to this issue, details will be posted directly to the support section of our website as well as the official Assassin's Creed 3 message boards".

I think this won't be fixed soon, if at all. At least I got the game for free with my new GPU. I know how those who bought the game must feel. Hopefully I am wrong and something is done about this.

Exactly the same answer people were getting over a month ago and month and half ago.

No way, this have to end in court, there is no other way to get what we payed for.

Anigmar
01-15-2013, 03:21 PM

^This. I did the same, sent them all the data they asked for and got the usual "are your drivers up to date" stuff and then this same email. I also made it clear the ticket wasn't expecting a solution but cause forum moderators told us to report. Ubi's just being lazy, and saying you don't have enough info is just a poor excuse. It's about time some gaming site/magazine reveals all this cause it's unnacceptable.

ARustyFirePlace
01-15-2013, 04:01 PM
is this the holiday patch?

vinx980
01-15-2013, 04:31 PM
I've personally opened a claim to Quebec customer defense for a money refund.
really, it's unacceptable the level of support you give to end-customers. 79USD (deluxe edition) are way too much for a game with all that kind of problem and without any kind of professional support.

Just for info, regarding the music bug.
They closed my ticket saying that they are aware of the problem. So? what other info do you need?

YazX_
01-15-2013, 06:07 PM
ok what shade is trying to say is forums dont replace support, they are just a backup, its like priority system, more ppl report to support, more priority the issue gets, this is how it works. whether you all like it or not, call it poor support, poor technical skills of support, ..... it doesnt matter. so when he forwards issues reported on forum, its like no more than a backup to support tickets.

i personally dont like it at same as you all, and it wont change as unfortunately this is the way it works. if i was in charge, i would make a voting issues system, users report issues, and community vote on them, the higher votes an issue gets the higher priority for fixing, so you let your community decide what gets fixed before others and not relying on support to count tickets on issues for the dev team to investigate.

in this case, no need to contact support, communication will be instant with community, patches/hotfixes will release much sooner in smaller parts instead of waiting months to get a patch that fixes things are not even considered major by the community and last and most important, everyone will be happy.

ecma4
01-15-2013, 06:20 PM
wait...wait a sec,Ubisoft Kiev is responsible for PC?I thought it was Montreal,guess..it is for console.

Ya, Kiev did the PC port. I'm sure they've got some hard working dev's at the Kiev studio, but their track record is not good. Not sure if its due to limitations put on them, or some other internal issue. I'll not be pre-ordering any more games they are directly responsible for.

guifisilva
01-15-2013, 08:37 PM
'I personally would be pro active and work with support - rather than waiting on a magical fix..

Dear Mr_Shade,

I've contated Ubisoft Support at December the 18th, 2012, regarding a critical bug in the PC version where most in-game music would just not play anymore. This means that my gameplay experience is ruined and that, as I paid for a game of a franchise I love, I would like to get a fix so I can watch its ending in all its glory.

I politely stated these feelings in the ticket I sent. Sure, i wanted to finish the game before December 21st. But playing with music was more important.

As of December 24th, six days later, there was no answer. So I updated the ticket with more feelings about this issue, and how I did every side quest I could, just waiting for a fix to continue with the main story.

At December 27th, I got an answer without a single apologize or explanation about what was causing the bug or what they were doing about this. Instead, your co-worker asked me to send some DXDIAG files so they could resolve my problem.

I don't see why they need it, because the only thing in common with everyone with this bug was the install of a dlc. But I sent the diagnosys, just as asked, with no further info besides stating that my DirectX was up to date.

I'm still waiting for another reply till this day.

It's no use asking us to be proactive if support isn't. And, ironically, all I can do is keep "waiting on a magical fix".

Thanks for your concern.

Tzatrix
01-15-2013, 09:56 PM
About ending this in court...I'm in!

jhewt.sp
01-15-2013, 11:21 PM
I was so exited to see AC3 being updated on my Steam... took 20 mins to download those 843MB.

I opened the game to test and for my surprise is exactly the same, after I got the "Hidden Secrets" DLC, no more music for any cutscene and after the patch still the same.
Mods says "report it"... I think I will waste 10 or more minutes to report a bug that will never be fixed like the FPS drop, I'll get a scripted answer "update your drivers" or "reinstall the game" and so on... What's the point of that? None.
I know more tickets may solve the issue, but after 2 months I started to not believe any word coming from Kiev's developers.

CyBeR-Junky72
01-15-2013, 11:48 PM
I got A other update from STEAM for 304.8 MB, dont know what for thow:confused:

Dejan507
01-16-2013, 12:51 PM
Well, I don't know what happened but since I installed this patch I haven't been able to play multiplayer not once.
I have bad NAT and connection, and whatever, I have been trying to fix that problem since ACB but nothing never works so I just let it go, at least it wasn't stopping me from playing (I only had to wait a bit more to find a match)

Since the patch I can't join absolutely no matches and there's always like 6 at best available and before the patch there were 20-30 at all times.
Either people just all stopped playing or patch ruined MP for me. Either way, this is it, I can now uninstall AC3..

CyBeR-Junky72
01-16-2013, 01:23 PM
I got A other update from STEAM for 304.8 MB, dont know what for thow:confused:

It's the MP DLC i found out :D

Mythos207
01-16-2013, 02:09 PM
my comment 'if it comes at all' - is relating to other issues that people do not report directly.

fixes take a lot longer - if there are no tickets to back up the issue.

People need to report problems directly to support - which coupled with the FM's own reports of issues, prompts the team to investigate.

At present - as I have posted - the team are having problems recreating the issue, so they still need people to report things.

My comment about not wanting to report things - was in case others are also reading the thread and think it's not worth while.. it is.

They are having trouble recreation the issue??? There is a Ubisoft office not far from where i live, hell the companie where i work deal with them, if they cant recreate the issue ill be happy to go too them and let them see what the problem is with the FPS in croudy places.

spectatorx
01-16-2013, 03:11 PM
They are having trouble recreation the issue??? There is a Ubisoft office not far from where i live, hell the companie where i work deal with them, if they cant recreate the issue ill be happy to go too them and let them see what the problem is with the FPS in croudy places.

If i could live there where you are.... ubisoft wouldn't get rid off me xD

lasha7716
01-16-2013, 03:15 PM
i have steam version but i have no update and today i bought hidden secrets pack but i dont know how install it please guys help

LambertoKevlar
01-16-2013, 03:17 PM
do not install it!!!!!

lasha7716
01-16-2013, 03:19 PM
where can i find new missions and persons?

BzkGB
01-16-2013, 05:43 PM
I uninstalled the game a week ago but from what I see in this thread the patch did absolutely nothing to improve performance, anyway - so I won't bother wasting my time with it. Truly the last time Ubisoft will receive a penny from me.

spectatorx
01-16-2013, 05:57 PM
I uninstalled the game a week ago but from what I see in this thread the patch did absolutely nothing to improve performance, anyway - so I won't bother wasting my time with it. Truly the last time Ubisoft will receive a penny from me.

I bought trine 2 collector's edition + dlc instead of ac3 season pass. For both things on trine 2 i paid 100pln, cost of season pass for ac3 is 120pln.

I'm enjoying trine 2 since few days and this is incredibly awesome game.

P.S.
http://frozenbyte.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=14410

Ferrith
01-16-2013, 11:47 PM
What has happened with the night maps? I have played a few MP sessions but no night map. Is it just me?

BzkGB
01-17-2013, 01:30 AM
I bought trine 2 collector's edition + dlc instead of ac3 season pass. For both things on trine 2 i paid 100pln, cost of season pass for ac3 is 120pln.

I'm enjoying trine 2 since few days and this is incredibly awesome game.

P.S.
http://frozenbyte.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=14410

Sounds good man. I've been keeping busy with Planetside 2 recently - an awesome-looking, fun, FREE game (admittedly with micro-transactions). Amazing how I'm able to run that on ultra, yet struggle with Assassin's Creed 3.

abohamed
01-17-2013, 02:57 AM
ok what the hell ?!

https://twitter.com/CatalystCreator/status/291674508039946241

jeerryyyyy
01-17-2013, 12:56 PM
amd dont fix fps in ac3... this bug is in the game and amd nothing duu

spectatorx
01-17-2013, 01:15 PM
ok what the hell ?!

https://twitter.com/CatalystCreator/status/291674508039946241

Fault is microsoft and their whql certification, anyway few hours shouldn't be so big problem, isn't it? ;-) Just wait, that's all.

Elebro2011
01-17-2013, 07:37 PM
Ubisoft, u guys ruined all the joy of waiting for the new game

jeerryyyyy
01-18-2013, 10:48 AM
new amd catalyst dont fix the fps problem