PDA

View Full Version : Re-Installing From Backup

ThePro_PR
01-14-2013, 12:04 PM
Does anybody know of a way of reinstalling a (UPlay) game from backup? I'm trying to reinstall AC3 without having to re-download the whole game (Internet in my country isn't as fast as in the US). I dropped the game on the original directory ... nothing. I dropped the game on the cache folder the UPlay download manager created to see if it discovered the files when I relaunched/restarted the download ... nothing. I do this with Steam all the time (Even Origin does this easily too). There has to be a way to do this and in the future you (Ubi) should make it easier to reinstall games from backup.

Help?

Mr_Shade
01-14-2013, 01:14 PM
Hi there,

if you purchase the game via the Ubishop - if you buy the digital version, you would have the option to add a disc backup, for cases such as this ( the disc costs a small fee)

Or, if you do not want the disc, normally to back up a game, it's suggested you make a backup if the initial install files you first download - copying the files which are installed may not always work, since some system files may be missed in other locations.

i suggest you contact support for more information:

www.support.ubi.com