PDA

View Full Version : Will ubisoft listen to us?

SuperLoboMau 25
01-14-2013, 12:57 AM
I've signed in this forum today, and I saw a lot of complains about something that was annoying me: The weak stealth of AC3. I want ubisoft fix it returning with freedom offered in previous games. Does ubi usually listen to your customers or ignore them?

montagemik
01-14-2013, 08:36 AM
OPTION B , for the most part in my experience. Multiplayer DLC is current proof .

Sushiglutton
01-14-2013, 04:35 PM
They have millions of customers, each paying about the same amount for the game. People who visit forums are a special breed. I think they semi-listen, but then ignore most of it tbh. Gameplay doesn't sell. Graphics, cinematography, story, marketing, cool animations, good art, those are the things that sell.

lothario-da-be
01-14-2013, 08:59 PM
They have millions of customers, each paying about the same amount for the game. People who visit forums are a special breed. I think they semi-listen, but then ignore most of it tbh. Gameplay doesn't sell. Graphics, cinematography, story, marketing, cool animations, good art, those are the things that sell.
But if the gameplay is bad less people buy the sequels.

Gi1t
01-14-2013, 09:30 PM
In my experience, they're just lazy. They'll listen if it's something really really easy to do, but not if it's anything too ambitious because usually when they start something ambitious, they don't go far enough with it, then it doesn't do as well as they were hoping it would. -__- It's a self-perpetuating cycle really.

SkiesSeven
01-14-2013, 09:31 PM
Does ubi usually listen to your customers or ignore them?

It would be extremely naive to think that Ubisoft aren't actively monitoring this forum. It's standard practice to collect feedback, and this is their forum after all.

Is your voice being heard as an individual, though? Well that depends on whether your voice can cut through, among many other voices. I'm sure there is a kind of filtration process, and these people are trained at this sort of thing. They know how to filter out the noise, but sometimes it's possible for an individual to boost the odds of being a stand-out. A lot of time people will start threads about what they want added to the next game, and what you end up with in most cases are people who make all sorts of demands without specifying the ONE thing they want added more than anything else. While people who make their preferences known clearly, and directly, are more likely to be heard.

Sushiglutton
01-14-2013, 09:32 PM
But if the gameplay is bad less people buy the sequels.

I have bought all five and I think the gameplay has always been crap, so obv it's not quite working like that ;). I mean I'm certainly no better than anyone else.

But yeah in theory it should work as you say. And I know some gamers who just refuse to support AC out of frustration with the gameplay. It's getting slooooowly a bit better do. So perhaps when we are like 60 it will be cool?

Sushiglutton
01-14-2013, 09:38 PM
In my experience, they're just lazy. They'll listen if it's something really really easy to do, but not if it's anything too ambitious because usually when they start something ambitious, they don't go far enough with it, then it doesn't do as well as they were hoping it would. -__- It's a self-perpetuating cycle really.

I get the feeling the Ubi guys are a bit like me (which is a bad thing). They love to start a new project, do a bunch of research and come up with new ideas. But when it comes to implementing them and really work hard to polish the details to perfection, they kind of lose interest. That's why the game is such a mess of half-hearted attempts of something good.

the_atm
01-14-2013, 10:37 PM
Seeming how there is more stealth than in past games, I don't see what your complaining about...

Gi1t
01-14-2013, 11:03 PM
Seeming how there is more stealth than in past games, I don't see what your complaining about...

A lot of people disagree with that statement. To see what they're complaining about, see this thread here from a few days ago: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/747374-Do-you-want-ac-to-stay-an-action-game-or-return-to-stealth

the_atm
01-15-2013, 12:19 AM
A lot of people disagree with that statement. To see what they're complaining about, see this thread here from a few days ago: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/747374-Do-you-want-ac-to-stay-an-action-game-or-return-to-stealth
well their ignorant, look at it this way, AC 1 had hide spots and blending
AC2 got rid of blending, put in crowd blending and still hide spots
AC3 has crowd blending, hide spots and corner cover.

so There is more stealth in AC3 than the other games. How they implement stealth into the story is a completely different statement. as to that statement, would people rather shoot out lights? wear outfits to not look like assassins? The creed says "hide in plain sight" not "hide by looking like someone your not" Ubisoft said it in their own dev diary, the assassin's outfit is a uniform. Assassin's are to wear their "uniform" in plain sight, hide from the enemy without hiding.

SixKeys
01-15-2013, 12:33 AM

so There is more stealth in AC3 than the other games. How they implement stealth into the story is a completely different statement. as to that statement, would people rather shoot out lights? wear outfits to not look like assassins? The creed says "hide in plain sight" not "hide by looking like someone your not" Ubisoft said it in their own dev diary, the assassin's outfit is a uniform. Assassin's are to wear their "uniform" in plain sight, hide from the enemy without hiding.

Just because AC3 added corner cover doesn't make the game more stealthy. Tell me, how many main targets were you allowed to kill stealthily as opposed to a QTE, cut scene or a big fight? I think there was one, maybe two. I don't care about steathily murdering guards in the middle of a forest where there's no-one around. It takes more skill to assassinate your target while he's surrounded by a dozen guards and sneak out again before anyone notices. There's no use to giving the player more stealth tools when the mission design never actually makes you use them. If you can just slaughter your way through any amount of enemies, what point is there to even pretending stealth is an option?

the_atm
01-15-2013, 12:40 AM
Just because AC3 added corner cover doesn't make the game more stealthy. Tell me, how many main targets were you allowed to kill stealthily as opposed to a QTE, cut scene or a big fight? I think there was one, maybe two. I don't care about steathily murdering guards in the middle of a forest where there's no-one around. It takes more skill to assassinate your target while he's surrounded by a dozen guards and sneak out again before anyone notices. There's no use to giving the player more stealth tools when the mission design never actually makes you use them. If you can just slaughter your way through any amount of enemies, what point is there to even pretending stealth is an option?
You did not read everything I said... I said that the implantation of the stealth is a different statement. The OP said there was not enough stealth in the game, there is allot of stealth, crowd stealth, hay bales, trees and corner cover. that's stealth.

Gi1t
01-15-2013, 12:50 AM

Dismissing a large number of detailed comments as 'ignorant' doesn't help when making a counterpoint no need to bother with that. :) The comments in that thread are responding to precisely the claim you're making here. It's true that how many stealth features the game has and how well they are used in the missions are two completely different things and those who say the stealth in AC3 is weak are saying that it is not well implemented in the mission designs, bar a few exceptions. So when they say 'more stealth', they're not referring to the quantity of features, that would be a pretty silly way to look at it.

Also nobody said anything about adding in disguises that make you look like someone other than an Assassin or turning the game into Splinter Cell. New features haven't even come up much; most of the conversation was about using existing features more effectively in the mission design.

the_atm
01-15-2013, 12:54 AM
Dismissing a large number of detailed comments as 'ignorant' doesn't help when making a counterpoint no need to bother with that. :) The comments in that thread are responding to precisely the claim you're making here. It's true that how many stealth features the game has and how well they are used in the missions are two completely different things and those who say the stealth in AC3 is weak are saying that it is not well implemented in the mission designs, bar a few exceptions. So when they say 'more stealth', they're not referring to the quantity of features, that would be a pretty silly way to look at it.

Also nobody said anything about adding in disguises that make you look like someone other than an Assassin or turning the game into Splinter Cell. New features haven't even come up much; most of the conversation was about using existing features more effectively in the mission design.
sorry if I seem to be in a grumpy mood lol, bit better now

yeah now I mean that people say they want more stealth in the missions yet they freak out when they get missions were you can't be detected and as for the costumes I was only asking what other way stealth could be implemented.

Gi1t
01-15-2013, 12:59 AM
sorry if I seem to be in a grumpy mood lol, bit better now

yeah now I mean that people say they want more stealth in the missions yet they freak out when they get missions were you can't be detected and as for the costumes I was only asking what other way stealth could be implemented.

Yeah, when you get right down to it, it's the freedom people really want to see more of. :D

Sickull
01-15-2013, 12:17 PM
Do you mean will they listen in general or just for AC because the Far Cry guys seem to be pretty pissed off with Ubisoft.

D.I.D.
01-15-2013, 02:26 PM
"hide in plain sight"

I think that was meant to mean hiding even though you're only feet away, in broad daylight. I don't think they meant the character is duty bound to look clownish.

MT4K
01-15-2013, 06:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1eswGrkMU8

I couldn't resist :rolleyes:.