PDA

View Full Version : Question about the game.

Rob327
01-13-2013, 09:19 PM
Do they have the SEAL wetsuits as an option on this game? I went to Youtube and didn't see any, and honestly i don't have any friends who play this game. I know it seems to be more or less a SEAL type of game, but it seems other than Modern Warfare (which i don't like), you would think they would have the scuba gear on a SEAL type of game. Any answers i'd appreciate it. I think that would be awesome. Haven't bought it, but if it does i'd probably consider it.

Bl4ckD3tH
01-13-2013, 09:55 PM
This game has nothing to do with seals

TreFacTor
01-14-2013, 07:52 PM
This game has nothing to do with seals
Nothing to do with character customization either...guy must have taken a wrong turn at Albuquerque

http://thereyouare.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/left-turn-at-Albuquerque.jpg

Do they have the SEAL wetsuits as an option on this game? I went to Youtube and didn't see any, and honestly i don't have any friends who play this game. I know it seems to be more or less a SEAL type of game, but it seems other than Modern Warfare (which i don't like), you would think they would have the scuba gear on a SEAL type of game. Any answers i'd appreciate it. I think that would be awesome. Haven't bought it, but if it does i'd probably consider it.
The only customization in this game is for the guns and head gear...In other words, not much.

lll zeke lll
01-14-2013, 07:59 PM
No, there are no wet suits in either the campaign or multiplayer. While Ghosts are part of the US Army Special Forces (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Clancy%27s_Ghost_Recon), I would assume that if the operation and insertion method called for it, they would have the proper loadout. But I guess the the devs figured the Ghosts didn't need wetsuits with the given missions in the campaign. Could be the devs made a conscious decision to stay away from wetsuits to make a clear distinction that the Ghosts are not SEALS. Or it could even be they didn't want to make all new character models and it was easier, cheaper and/or more time & cost efficient for UBI to just re-skin the existing models to help the Ghosts blend into their particular environments (when the optical camo was not engaged). Maybe all of the above.

Wetsuits would make the most sense in the following MP maps IMHO
Rig
Cargo
Harbor
Mill(?)

It would be a nice little touch to see your character emerge from the spawn by rising up out of the water...

Rob327
01-15-2013, 04:49 AM
Thanks guys. Obviously i don't know much about this game. I saw previews where a SEAL was giving narratives on missions pre release on Youtube, and saw some maps where they were on a Ship being deployed so i figured maybe it was SEAL based. Guess not. Would've been cool though.

njomach3
01-15-2013, 05:27 PM
They only used the seals to make people think they were going to get an incredibly realistic experience. Oh and for motion capture.

lll zeke lll
01-16-2013, 12:41 AM
. I saw previews where a SEAL was giving narratives on missions pre release on Youtube

I know what you're talking about. I believe that was Richard Machowicz... used to host Future Weapons on Discovery or Military channel.

Machofish
04-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Seal outfit?
http://www.cheeretc.com/mascots/mascots%20images/3305.jpg
...I'm doing it wrong, aren't I?

Edit: That Seal suit looks terrifying. I'm removing the embed.