01-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Assassin's Creed - Holy Land - Asia
Assassin's Creed II - Italy - Europe
Assassin's Creed III - United States - North America
Assassin's Creed IV - Caribbean - Central America
Assassin's Creed V - Egypt - Africa
Assassin's Creed VI - Brazil? - South America
(Papua New Guinea) - Oceania -

Oceania - (Papua New Guinea) Australian invasion of German territory during WW1. Last of the cave people - http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/255/cache/png-huli-men_25542_160x120.jpg
It is the world’s largest and highest tropical island and i think of it specifically for it's enormous percentage of the earths wildlife for its size. AC VI would be next gen so for the first next gen game, the richest tropical island in the world would be incredible.

It seems to be a pattern, 4 alternating continents seems more than coincidence.

"Assassin's Creed 4 director wants to take the series to ancient Egypt" - looks like all the signs point to this being the pattern.

lothario-da-be
01-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Assassin's Creed - Holy Land - Asia
Assassin's Creed II - Italy - Europe
Assassin's Creed III - United States - North America
Assassin's Creed IV - Brazil? - South America
Assassin's Creed V - ???? - Africa
Assassin's Creed VI - ???? - Oceania
Assassin's Creed VII - ???? - Siberia (Historic continent - could fulfil Antarctica)
Central America maybe.

It seems to be a pattern, 4 alternating continents seems more than coincidence.

The last one is probably over the top but it might be used as a balanced way of getting through all the possible settings.
An ac in Africa,Oceania and Siberia looks like a bad idea.

LightRey
01-12-2013, 09:43 PM
I doubt it, especially the bit about Siberia. The Holy Land is hardly a prime example of Asian culture and this isn't exactly much to go on (a sample of 3 and a rumor).

XvX-BLiZzaRd-XvX
01-12-2013, 11:28 PM
Yeah ignore the stuff about Siberia i was just thinking about all the continents but that is a bit too far, i will probably edit it out.

Bluefire454
01-13-2013, 12:18 AM
No, I doubt it. They will just choose another interesting location and time period, regardless of which continent it is on. And the Holy Land is in Asia but Asia has TONS of other very different cultures that they could make a game in.

XvX-BLiZzaRd-XvX
01-13-2013, 04:08 PM
No, I doubt it. They will just choose another interesting location and time period, regardless of which continent it is on. And the Holy Land is in Asia but Asia has TONS of other very different cultures that they could make a game in.
Europe has many more interesting locations to exploit as do most continents.
My thinking for Africa was that Egypt was one of the chosen settings for future AC.
I think Oceania would be best for next gen & it is not like Oceania has been overdone in games.

lothario-da-be
01-13-2013, 06:27 PM
Europe has many interesting locations as does most continents.
My thinking for Africa was that Egypt was one of the chosen settings for future AC.
I think Oceania would be best for next gen & it is not like Oceania has been overdone in games.
Ah yes i forgot about Egypt. And now i think about it does Marrakesh have or had big or beatiful buildings? Or maybe Carthage for Africa, it isn't that bad actually as long as you stay in the Noth.

XvX-BLiZzaRd-XvX
01-13-2013, 07:31 PM
With Egypt, i suppose it would be fairly similar to the first game. Marrakech is http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/81/aa/9a/marrakech-tannery-2.jpg a similar sort of city to those in AC.

lothario-da-be
01-13-2013, 07:59 PM
With Egypt, i suppose it would be fairly similar to the first game. Marrakech is http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/81/aa/9a/marrakech-tannery-2.jpg a similar sort of city to those in AC.
Looks ok

B_Crispino
01-14-2013, 07:57 AM
lothario.. you dont seem to know much about africa

roostersrule2
01-14-2013, 08:22 AM
As much as I would love it an AC game in Australia or any of it's surrounding countries wouldn't work, except NZ cause it's choice as,

XvX-BLiZzaRd-XvX
03-05-2013, 12:40 PM
So it's in the Caribbean. I rest my case.

XvX-BLiZzaRd-XvX
11-01-2013, 11:54 PM
So now they've done Central America with Black Flag the next location is being thought up even though there is already another game being produced.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-12-assassins-creed-4-director-wants-to-take-the-series-to-ancient-egypt

The signs are all there. Africa next.

Assassin_M
11-02-2013, 12:04 AM
I can't wait till you're disappointed..

XvX-BLiZzaRd-XvX
11-02-2013, 12:29 AM
I voted perhaps so i can't say i will feel too much disappointment.
Anyway since then Egypt has been discusses and now there are 4 different continents with Africa being lined up it is extremely unlikely I will be wrong. I can't say i understand where you feel i could end up being wrong given the evidence.

Rugterwyper32
11-02-2013, 12:33 AM
They did mention Egypt and North Africa overall, and I think it could be interesting if they go there next big game. We know Darim headed towards Alexandria and Sef's family was there too. It fits with the 13th century part, too, as he moved there in 1257, the same year Altair died. So if Darim had a son at one point we could add, it would fit. Admittedly, he was on his 60s by the time he went there and we don't know if he had any kids up to that point, but maybe we could work with Sef's lineage? Alexandria would be a given seeing how his family is there and Cairo would fit as another location.
Of course that could be misdirection and for all we know they could go somewhere else for all we know.

As for Oceania, Indonesia can be counted as part of either Oceania or Asia, so if they wanted an Oceania game they could set that there. Works for both naval and cities and it would be unusual enough. Plus it's not like it'd be the first time we're seeing Indonesia in a game by Ubisoft, considering Pandora Tomorrow. Add the conflict between the Dutch colonists and the Gowa Sultanate in Makassar, and I think you have some fun stuff. Jakarta (known as Batavia at the time), Makassar and maybe Palembang as cities, you've got some potential there.
Man I love doing some "at the moment" research when things like these come up. Ain't got pics of old Makassar, but got Palembang and Jakarta, first one in the 1600, second one in the late 1700s although it can be worked around

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a3/Bird%27s_eye_view_of_Palembang.JPG

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/81/Ville_de_Batavia_c1780.jpg

Assassin_M
11-02-2013, 12:34 AM
I voted perhaps so i can't say i will feel too much disappointment.
Anyway since then Egypt has been discusses and now there are 4 different continents with Africa being lined up it is extremely unlikely I will be wrong. I can't say i understand where you feel i could end up being wrong given the evidence.
Lol...for 5 years now, many have tried to deduce the next setting...and many have failed...A LOT pointed to China, Egypt, Japan and Peru in AC I...we went to Italy. No one expected we'd get another Ezio game...we did. A LOT pointed to the french Revolution in ACB...we went to Constantinople, EVERYONE expected AC III to be set in the french Revolution again...we got America...then AGAIN everyone expected the french Revolution for AC IV, but we got the Caribbean...honestly, we stopped trying...I wish you'd be right..heck, i'd love a game set in Egypt (NOT Ancient Egypt -_-)

ze_topazio
11-02-2013, 12:37 AM
So now they've done Central America with Black Flag the next location is being thought up even though there is already another game being produced.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-12-assassins-creed-4-director-wants-to-take-the-series-to-ancient-egypt

Next is south America and with that we will be done with the American continent and return to the old world.

ze_topazio
11-02-2013, 12:49 AM
As long as we can climb the great pyramid of Cheops and the Sphynx i'm fine with any time period in Egypt, it would be cool if it was in a period when the pyramids still had the original revetment though.

adventurewomen
11-02-2013, 01:09 AM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-12-assassins-creed-4-director-wants-to-take-the-series-to-ancient-egypt[/URL]

Wait and see..

The only clues we have so far is that Ubisoft are very interested in a game set in India possibly during the Mughal Empire.

----------------------------------

Also your signature breaks the rules here, please make it fit to these guidelines:

http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/sig-placeholder.jpg

I-Like-Pie45
11-02-2013, 01:16 AM
Lol...for 5 years now, many have tried to deduce the next setting...and many have failed...A LOT pointed to China, Egypt, Japan and Peru in AC I...we went to Italy. No one expected we'd get another Ezio game...we did. A LOT pointed to the french Revolution in ACB...we went to Constantinople, EVERYONE expected AC III to be set in the french Revolution again...we got America...then AGAIN everyone expected the french Revolution for AC IV, but we got the Caribbean...honestly, we stopped trying...I wish you'd be right..heck, i'd love a game set in Egypt (NOT Ancient Egypt -_-)

Who do you think should voice that tyrant Morsi?

You bold Revolutionaries make me proud, M and Frosty. Revolution keeps a democratic society healthy.

adventurewomen
11-02-2013, 01:21 AM

You bold Revolutionaries make me proud, M and Frosty. Revolution keeps a democratic society healthy.
I like that you've morphed into Thomas Jefferson. :)

Assassin_M
11-02-2013, 01:26 AM

Morsi wasn't much of a Tyrant..more like an incompetent husband...I'd say morsi voices himself..no one is better suited for the role and Frosty will agree.

Revolution also piles up bodies on the streets...

I-Like-Pie45
11-02-2013, 01:31 AM
I like that you've morphed into Thomas Jefferson. :)

adventurewomen, I do look forward to the day when our two worlds can coexist through treaty and assimilation.

@M: The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Assassin_M
11-02-2013, 01:40 AM
@M: The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Indeed...now we only need find the Tyrants to draw their blood.

I-Like-Pie45
11-02-2013, 01:43 AM
How about Washington?

ze_topazio
11-02-2013, 01:52 AM
How about Washington?

He's having tea with Rodrigo Borgia in Jerusalem.

I-Like-Pie45
11-02-2013, 01:57 AM
I believe the next AC game should be focused on farms and small towns, the true cobblestone of human freedom and enlightenment, rather than the cities.

When Assassin's Creeds gets piled upon one another in large cities, as Rockstar does, we shall become as corrupt as Rockstar.

ze_topazio
11-02-2013, 02:02 AM
^Stone age, climbing caves, hunting Sabertooths and Mammoths.

Assassin_M
11-02-2013, 02:03 AM
How about Washington?
http://gyazo.com/cd180c59dda36597b9d0a41c859959f0.png
http://gyazo.com/2a24dd672518335bd99bedfd7de3240f.png
http://gyazo.com/edb21b924cf7b1869c569f7483c989d4.png

Megas_Doux
11-02-2013, 02:05 AM
Lol

I-Like-Pie45
11-02-2013, 02:13 AM
I like how they had Washington, even when he was a red-haired Britsh soldier, in gray hair and a blue uniform just to tell you

OH HEY HEY GAIZE LOOK ITS GEORGE WASHINGTON!

Jayden26
11-02-2013, 02:50 AM
As much as I would love it an AC game in Australia or any of it's surrounding countries wouldn't work, except NZ cause it's choice as,

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Now I see, you're a kiwi living in my country, THAT"S why you don't want an AC set in Australia.

Jayden26
11-02-2013, 02:53 AM
They did mention Egypt and North Africa overall, and I think it could be interesting if they go there next big game. We know Darim headed towards Alexandria and Sef's family was there too. It fits with the 13th century part, too, as he moved there in 1257, the same year Altair died. So if Darim had a son at one point we could add, it would fit. Admittedly, he was on his 60s by the time he went there and we don't know if he had any kids up to that point, but maybe we could work with Sef's lineage? Alexandria would be a given seeing how his family is there and Cairo would fit as another location.
Of course that could be misdirection and for all we know they could go somewhere else for all we know.

As for Oceania, Indonesia can be counted as part of either Oceania or Asia, so if they wanted an Oceania game they could set that there. Works for both naval and cities and it would be unusual enough. Plus it's not like it'd be the first time we're seeing Indonesia in a game by Ubisoft, considering Pandora Tomorrow. Add the conflict between the Dutch colonists and the Gowa Sultanate in Makassar, and I think you have some fun stuff. Jakarta (known as Batavia at the time), Makassar and maybe Palembang as cities, you've got some potential there.
Man I love doing some "at the moment" research when things like these come up. Ain't got pics of old Makassar, but got Palembang and Jakarta, first one in the 1600, second one in the late 1700s although it can be worked around

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a3/Bird%27s_eye_view_of_Palembang.JPG

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/81/Ville_de_Batavia_c1780.jpg

Wrong, Indonesia is not part of Oceania, Indonesia is part of Asia and more specifically South-East Asia.

Rugterwyper32
11-02-2013, 03:03 AM
Wrong, Indonesia is not part of Oceania, Indonesia is part of Asia and more specifically South-East Asia.

Should have worded it as "could be counted" if you include some manipulation of things. The Papua region of it could count, considering the Puncak Jaya is considered the highest peak of Oceania. So basically, technicalities. Personally I don't see it as likely. Agreed that it isn't seen geopolitically and that it's indeed part of Asia, so it's a simple matter of technicalities was that to happen, which again, I don't see it happening. But hey.

Jayden26
11-02-2013, 03:21 AM
Should have worded it as "could be counted" if you include some manipulation of things. The Papua region of it could count, considering the Puncak Jaya is considered the highest peak of Oceania. So basically, technicalities. Personally I don't see it as likely. Agreed that it isn't seen geopolitically and that it's indeed part of Asia, so it's a simple matter of technicalities was that to happen, which again, I don't see it happening. But hey.

Yes you are right on that one, West Papua (Indonesian controlled) would be considered part of Oceania if it were independent. Oceania's boundaries rely on cultural reasons rather than geographical reasons, similar to how Europe was separated from Asia for being so culturally and ethnically different.

Rugterwyper32
11-02-2013, 03:26 AM
Yes you are right on that one, West Papua (Indonesian controlled) would be considered part of Oceania if it were independent. Oceania's boundaries rely on cultural reasons rather than geographical reasons, similar to how Europe was separated from Asia for being so culturally and ethnically different.

Yeah. And the thing about this is namely going with the idea of the series having an order based on continents, which we won't know until we've seen what they decide to do, and this is more of a technicality in case they ended up following that road and for some reason did that. But as it stands, we don't know how likely or unlikely it is. We could always be purposefully misdirected so we end up not expecting what setting they go for next. So we'll see what happens.