PDA

View Full Version : SPOILERS- Sequence 11 and the Forsaken book

Assassin_Banana
01-12-2013, 04:42 AM
Do you think developers should have let the original fight between Haytham and Connor to be like in the book? If so, why you think so?

I personally think it made more sense, also i think that Charles Lee should have died in the fire on the boat instead the tavern. That ending didn't made sense at all. There was so many cuts from the original arc of the storyline that made the game feeling like it was very rushed at the end. Many people also miss Haytham Kenway alot, he was a very interesting character, his passing in the ending scene wasn't satisfying, it didn't made a nice conclusion to his personality. He cared about his son from the very begining and tried to bond with him in the novel, why so suddenly he becomes an evil monster at the end? It really does not fit with what we have been shown of him.

Also, who thinks we should have a Haytham reincarnation? XD I do!!!!

Scystab
01-12-2013, 10:34 AM
I agree mostly: the original plot on which the novel is based has a few better twists, especially the fight scene between Connor and Haytham.
I was however hoping that Lee would be more haunted and hunted by Connor, to live in fear for his life for a while.

But from my point of view, I can't say Haytham cared about his son from the very begining: there was a couple of times where he was even surprised by himself for letting be so cruel to his actual son (when letting Connor go to jail and not doing anything about the plan to assassinate him in the prison). Yes i know it was Haytham who cut the nooss' to free Connor when he was hanging (something we didn't see in the game), but he did so in a deep strugle inside himself.

I belive at one point towards the end of the novel, we read that Haytham envied Connor, that his son became the man he wanted to be, but another force intervened.
In a way, he was proud and despised him at the same time.

That's what I gather from the book :)

I don't want to see Haytham reincarnated, but it was too bad we didn't see more how their relationship grew.

my 2 cents :)

/Scy

Assassin_Banana
01-13-2013, 09:25 AM
Thank you for your reply!!! Yes, i think you are correct, Haytham was a little son .... after all, you know :P. But, i really would have prefered the most, to fight him in the Grand Master Chamber instead the actual place in the game. It would have been more interesting to see all the walls falling apart and the ocean described in the book. I also didn't like much the way Connor says: goodbye father :P I feel like Ubisoft wasted their most exciting story element and they could have given us more tension between father and son, their scenes together were the most memorable in the whole game. Hopefully the uncomming DCL will bring us Haytham back in an alternative story!!!

Speedemon1066
01-13-2013, 08:19 PM
I agree. How about, alternativem we get Connor, Ziio and Haytham all working with a famly dynamic. You could have a great script for tghem growing up. A bit more xcomic.

Lol, Haytham trying to be a bette sailor than Connor, or trying to teach him to ride a horse. It sounds weird, so I'd understand if we could jusrt have some more Haytham in anyway. Play as him as you see HIS view through the AC3 story?

Scystab
01-13-2013, 09:06 PM
Haytham's life was pretty interesting. The whole thing with his sister and Holden, how he hunted the assassins, etc. :) I wouldn't mind some ubisoft products on that, be it a dlc, an embers-like movie or anything :)

Assassin_Banana
01-14-2013, 12:00 AM
I agree. How about, alternativem we get Connor, Ziio and Haytham all working with a famly dynamic. You could have a great script for tghem growing up. A bit more xcomic.

Lol, Haytham trying to be a bette sailor than Connor, or trying to teach him to ride a horse. It sounds weird, so I'd understand if we could jusrt have some more Haytham in anyway. Play as him as you see HIS view through the AC3 story?

LOL that's not what i meant. :P What about more fighting between a Templar father and an Assassin son? I think it was a wasted oportunity to see Templar ideals crash with the Assassin's. I would have liked to see Haytham speaking ill of Achilles or trying to convert his son somehow. I know he tried when he showed him the letter he took from Washington, but after that scene sequence 11 was a real mess that didn't make sense. American revolution wasn't even important the only thing that keep you playing is this war between father and son, everything else only worked as a background. I personally found the game boring without Haytham, he gave the tension the game needed to keep the plot interesting. Not even hunting Charles Lee made sense anymore, Connor was angry because he had to kill his best friend but it was in fact for him helping the patriots and not because Lee told his people he betrayed them. You never see Connor developing emotions properly and i don't blame the voice actor, he did a good job, i blame the direction his character was put into. Many people complain Connor as a dull character without personality but im not agreed with this, introversion don't make you emotionless, the setting was there but it was poorly done. I liked the idea of an idealistic Assassin diferent from the others and having a deep strugle in himself, that idea makes Connor a very human and real character, but it was developed wrong. This was an oportunity again wasted, to understand the fight between Templars and Assassins, this fight symbolised between a controling father who have had enogh of the cruelty of the world and an idealistic son who have faith things can change, this could have been their central plot, and may be it was but is all messed up. Not to tell Desmond ending it was more hilarious than fullfiling XD