PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to be the one to complain, but....

littleLeStrange
01-12-2013, 12:21 AM
I honestly think it is very messed up that only the Playstation Vita gets access to Liberation. I understand that Ubisoft is Playstation.. However, every single game in the chapter came out for the Xbox before they were all released for other consoles. I have been waiting for SO long to be able to finally play a female assassin, and Aveline seems like such a badass! If Xbox gets a chapter where a female role is possible, then it's all fine. But in my own opinion, I don't think it's right that all of a sudden a new chapter is released that I can't even play because I don't have a Vita, when I've played every single game!! Now, first-time fans are going to be able to run around as a badass lady assassin with a brand new chapter, when I'm still sitting here with Connor, waiting til who knows when for the next game that will most likely feature yet another male assassin. I know it's a rant, but come on... Liberation needs to come out for the Xbox.. like now.:mad:

r4inm4n1991
01-12-2013, 12:25 AM
Imagine people who have a Vita but do not own a PS3 or a Xbox360.
You should be happy to play the best AC games. When you have enough money, buy yourself a VIta and the game, and then you can enjoy it, as others did.

littleLeStrange
01-12-2013, 12:27 AM
I understand this, but I guarantee I will buy a Vita, and that is when a female storyline will be released... It's just common knowledge and more realistic. Not every assassin was male >> I'm debating buying it anyway, because I want to play so bad... but it's not cool that Liberation is available to everyone who has a Vita, but not to everyone who has followed the entire stoyline and played all the other chapters :/ My ranting won't change anything, but I got upset and had to share. :p

montagemik
01-12-2013, 01:07 AM
I understand this, but I guarantee I will buy a Vita, and that is when a female storyline will be released... It's just common knowledge and more realistic. Not every assassin was male >> I'm debating buying it anyway, because I want to play so bad... but it's not cool that Liberation is available to everyone who has a Vita, but not to everyone who has followed the entire stoyline and played all the other chapters :/ My ranting won't change anything, but I got upset and had to share. :p

VITA Liberation has a female storyline - SO BUY IT NOW - that's what you guaranteed in your post. .
Despite what you may think - Simply wanting it on X360 doesn't mean you're going to get it on X360 . Demanding & ranting works on your parents NOT Ubisoft .

I have PS3 - No VITA & NO PSP ..............But i don't expect Ubisoft or Sony to give me Liberation or Bloodlines on PS3 just because i bought AC-1 , AC-2 ,AC-B , AC-R & AC-3 . :rolleyes:

ToughGuy31
01-12-2013, 01:59 AM
So your complaining that people who own a handheld console get a different, some would say not as good game while you have better, longer game?

UrDeviant1
01-12-2013, 05:36 AM
If Liberations had a big impact on the lore of AC I'd be agreeing with you. I don't like handhelds, so I won't play Liberations...meh.

Gi1t
01-12-2013, 06:35 AM
What I never liked were the slightly jazzed-up versions of games ported to the PS3 with stuff not offered on 360 at all. I'd understand completely if it was just including all DLCs mades since the initial release, and/or graphical updates if it's a really old game, but I hate it when they stick in 'exclusive extras' because it's often enough to make me wish I had it, but not even the slightest bit CLOSE to enough to make me want to go out and buy a whole new console and another copy of a game I already own.

When it comes to handhelds though, I'm not picky. I'm not a handheld player at all. Unless they completely chop out a part of a story and stick it on a handheld only, then make the next game for consoles, I don't find it to be a problem. I think a female Assassin is a reasonable request for future games that ARE on consoles, though. Rather than porting Liberations, mabe they should think about a female main character for a future game instead. :)

LoyalACFan
01-12-2013, 07:12 AM
Liberation is nothing to get all worked up about, believe me... It's OK at best. And Aveline is basically just a re-skinned Connor in combat, so...

AssassinVenice
01-12-2013, 07:33 AM
I honestly think it is very messed up that only the Playstation Vita gets access to Liberation. I understand that Ubisoft is Playstation.. However, every single game in the chapter came out for the Xbox before they were all released for other consoles. I have been waiting for SO long to be able to finally play a female assassin, and Aveline seems like such a badass! If Xbox gets a chapter where a female role is possible, then it's all fine. But in my own opinion, I don't think it's right that all of a sudden a new chapter is released that I can't even play because I don't have a Vita, when I've played every single game!! Now, first-time fans are going to be able to run around as a badass lady assassin with a brand new chapter, when I'm still sitting here with Connor, waiting til who knows when for the next game that will most likely feature yet another male assassin. I know it's a rant, but come on... Liberation needs to come out for the Xbox.. like now.:mad:

Hell no they're not! I get sick of the crappy ports they've been throwing at us since, well, always! Ubisoft is LAZY. End of story.

Gi1t
01-12-2013, 07:51 AM
Ubisoft is LAZY. End of story.

Ain't that the truth! XD

montagemik
01-12-2013, 08:06 AM
What I never liked were the slightly jazzed-up versions of games ported to the PS3 with stuff not offered on 360 at all. I'd understand completely if it was just including all DLCs mades since the initial release, and/or graphical updates if it's a really old game, but I hate it when they stick in 'exclusive extras' because it's often enough to make me wish I had it, but not even the slightest bit CLOSE to enough to make me want to go out and buy a whole new console and another copy of a game I already own.

When it comes to handhelds though, I'm not picky. I'm not a handheld player at all. Unless they completely chop out a part of a story and stick it on a handheld only, then make the next game for consoles, I don't find it to be a problem. I think a female Assassin is a reasonable request for future games that ARE on consoles, though. Rather than porting Liberations, mabe they should think about a female main character for a future game instead. :)

Bet you have NO issue when Microsoft purposely pay developers to give THEM something exclusive for a fixed period though .
Extra content on ps3 is usually down to either Developer loyalty/Choice or disc space issues in most cases though.

If the hand held games were of any real merit - you can bet the big consoles would be asking for ports of those too - They're usually handheld specific titles for a reason .

RinoTheBouncer
01-12-2013, 09:18 AM
Honestly, I own a Vita and ACIII:Liberation and I haven't finished it yet. Why? cause it's not interesting. I don't dislike handhelds but the game isn't fun with the total absence of Modern Day adventures and specially not as good with the system that if one's detection meter gets yellow, they'll find you even if you vanish into thin air, that's a flawed mechanism.

BeCk41
01-12-2013, 11:44 AM
There is something that this OP needs to understand. See how it works is, this is a Vita specific game, meaning Sony made a deal with Ubisoft to release this title only on the Playstation Vita so people will buy the Vita to play this game on. It's all a mega advertising deal for the Vita to become as popular as the DS. I do know that Ubisoft has partnered with Sony, and must have settled to make this game exclusive to the Vita device.

Long story short if you want this game YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO BUY A VITA. If you look closely there are tons of games besides this one that are specific platform only; God of War (PS3), Halo (XB) Guild Wars 2 (PC). That would be nice if all these games were available on a single console, but they are not.

Gi1t
01-12-2013, 06:19 PM
Bet you have NO issue when Microsoft purposely pay developers to give THEM something exclusive for a fixed period though .
Extra content on ps3 is usually down to either Developer loyalty/Choice or disc space issues in most cases though.

If the hand held games were of any real merit - you can bet the big consoles would be asking for ports of those too - They're usually handheld specific titles for a reason .

That's why I said I have no problem with extras if they're things that came out between the 360 and PS3 release. Being made to wait certainly entitles players to a fully updated game right out of the box. If they want to add even more to it though, I think it's only fair to add it to the list of DLC for 360 owners. But it IS stupid to pay off for a temporary exclusive. It's the same stupid tactic of trying to one-up the other guy, just slightly stupider because it means nothing down the road.

That's all going off topic though.

Locopells
01-12-2013, 07:02 PM
The main thing that bugs me about it is that it's so meant to make you buy a Vita...

D.I.D.
01-13-2013, 01:39 AM
There is something that this OP needs to understand. See how it works is, this is a Vita specific game, meaning Sony made a deal with Ubisoft to release this title only on the Playstation Vita so people will buy the Vita to play this game on. It's all a mega advertising deal for the Vita to become as popular as the DS. I do know that Ubisoft has partnered with Sony, and must have settled to make this game exclusive to the Vita device.

People doubt this precisely because Sony is in freefall right now. They've had several terrible years in a row and the company is being outgunned, even in Japan, on all kinds of consumer electronics.

There is no sign that the Vita will even approach the popularity of the DS, and there were major doubts about its viability before its release. With Sony's troubles, many people doubt that they are capable of swinging a true exclusive of this nature right now. On the PS3, sure – it's got a huge user base, and there are benefits to both parties. For the Vita, Sony would have to shoulder a huge incentive. It might remain an exclusive, perhaps because porting from the Vita to the major consoles would be more expensive than people imagine, but there are good reasons for thinking that it is only a timed exclusive. We may well see it as a downloadable title for X360/PS3/PC at a later date.

I think the Vita is a really good machine, and I was interested in buying one before it came out, but there's no chance of that now. The price needs a dramatic readjustment, and the memory cards need a massive drop to represent their actual worth; this complaint comes up everywhere. Sony seems to be unwilling or unable to do this, and it is therefore unlikely that the machine will still be supported by 2014.