PDA

View Full Version : DLC- solutions to avoid the playerbase being split

lawliet250
01-11-2013, 05:46 PM
so Nitch said on twitter his open to viable solutions on how to fix this problem with the playerbase , so any of you have some good ideas tell them

Note: giving the maps for free is out of the question,he already said that

my opinion is to make a FFA and Team modes playlist for this dlc + you can play on the new maps & normal maps , sadly i think this is the best solution but hey you guys are free to say better ideas

weapon_of_war3
01-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Stop being a anime nerd then go kill yourself

wackywaffles2
01-11-2013, 06:03 PM

I have yet to see you say anything positive on this forum LOL.

capybara34
01-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Does "Allow the maps to be an option when xx% of the people in the lobby have the DLC when voting begins" count as "giving the maps away for free"? (For values of xx under 100%, that is.)

If not, then do that with the lowest percentage you can get away with. If so, consider doing that in the 100% case at least. (No idea how often that would trigger, but I imagine in the very late part of the game's lifecycle when everything's been on sale and only the hardcore are still playing MP it would at least occasionally and those maps would actually get a little play that way.)

swiftavenger212
01-11-2013, 06:08 PM
If 7 of 8 players in lobby have dlc, even then it would be UNFAIR to them if the eighth person got to play on dlc for free.

My personal opinion to fix this ADD MORE CONTENT to dlc package, or reduce price so players will be tempted to buy it. That is the ONLY solution.

Better character design, NEW character voices (i mean really one of them has strong man voice), the highlander looks like carpentar. If you are gonna limit playlist to only DLC maps, then ADD MORE THAN 3 MAPS.

montagemik
01-11-2013, 06:09 PM
so Nitch said on twitter his open to viable solutions on how to fix this problem with the playerbase , so any of you have some good ideas tell them

Note: giving the maps for free is out of the question,he already said that

my opinion is to make a FFA and Team modes playlist for this dlc + you can play on the new maps & normal maps , sadly i think this is the best solution but hey you guys are free to say better ideas

LOL So he's open to viable solutions - but instantly rules out the most obvious & simplest . Give the maps to everyone - charge only for the characters .
Good to know they're really trying to solve this problem. :cool:

PsychoCycloneX
01-11-2013, 06:20 PM
Make the new maps free to download after 3 months or so. Ubisoft please, please make maps free from now on. You still have not learned from all the mistakes you made in Revelations.

TO_M
01-11-2013, 06:49 PM
- Reduce the price of the DLC so more people will buy it

- Add extra characters/maps to the DLC so more people will buy it at its current price

- Remove the extra content section of custom match, add the DLC maps to the normal roulette systen and add a 4th voting option for dlc maps during next session voting round. Who cares if non-dlcers get to play on the map, they already get to play with the new characters during team based modes on the normal maps.

- Add more characters to the DLC and give the maps out for free.

BTW, nice to see that ubi cares more about profits than fixing something that is essentially ruining a part of their DLC.

Demon.King.
01-11-2013, 07:01 PM
The only possible solution I see is to add the DLC maps to the normal maps list and allow people who do not own the DLC to join sessions which are on a DLC map.

Allow only DLC owners to host and start sessions with the DLC maps, but once the session is created by the DLC owner, allow non DLC owners to join the session.

That way, whoever bought the DLC can at least play on and enjoy the DLC maps...
It's a similar principle to the DLC characters. Only the DLC owner can choose them, but all other players in his team are also using them.

Dosenwabe
01-11-2013, 07:31 PM
The only solution: Shameless On-Disc "DLC"-Maps= Free. The End. This aren't even real new DLC maps. Everyone has them already on disc.

Collinwood01
01-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Put the new maps in the regular rotation for those that have purchased the DLC. As long as someone is in the lobby that purchased the DLC, youll have a chance to play on the new maps but if there isnt anyone in the lobby that has purchased the DLC then youll have no chance to play on the new maps. We talk about UBISOFT being greedy and then some get on here and say "Well, its unfair that I bought the DLC and someone who didnt gets to play it." Isnt that like a greedy only child who has a toy and doesnt want to share. I bought it and if I still played then Id let everyone play it if I could. I guess Im not a capitalist. lol

BATISTABUS
01-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Is this serious? What the hell is wrong with you?

so Nitch said on twitter
Who's Nitch? Can you link his Twitter?

LOL So he's open to viable solutions - but instantly rules out the most obvious & simplest . Give the maps to everyone - charge only for the characters Good to know they're really trying to solve this problem. :cool:
Pretty much this. It's clear they don't have enough regulars to split the fanbase like this. I bought the DLC, but I'd rather have paid more than somebody else and be able to play on those maps than not play on them at all. If they want to make it up to us, cook up some new characters and give us those for free. I know people were complaining about the lack of females...

ThaFazz
01-11-2013, 08:09 PM
I guarantee if they added alliance to this DLC, there would be absolutely no problems finding matches lol.

Swivel_Gun
01-11-2013, 08:14 PM
The only possible solution I see is to add the DLC maps to the normal maps list and allow people who do not own the DLC to join sessions which are on a DLC map.

Allow only DLC owners to host and start sessions with the DLC maps, but once the session is created by the DLC owner, allow non DLC owners to join the session.

That way, whoever bought the DLC can at least play on and enjoy the DLC maps...
It's a similar principle to the DLC characters. Only the DLC owner can choose them, but all other players in his team are also using them.

An idea i had was at each vote before a game, there's a fourth option including one of the DLC maps, and you can only see it if you have the DLC. Somebody needs to buy it for it to get voted on at all, and the more players have it the more likely it can be to get played.

Who's Nitch? Can you link his Twitter?

https://twitter.com/N1tch

Dosenwabe
01-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Really now: The (second) best solution would be, like many others said: Add a fourth voting option to the normal system that contains only one of the 3 DLC maps BUT only DLC-owners in the lobby have this fourth (optional) vote-option and can vote for the DLC map. There won't be many DLC owner average in a lobby that often. The other players can still only vote for the other 3 options (Important :And cannot see if theres a fourth option or not! To make sure they don't "passive" vote for the DLC map by just giving no vote for any of the other options) but play on the DLC maps IF the DLC-map-voters win. Would anybody be against this solution? (except the devs)

Swivel_Gun
01-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Better character design, NEW character voices (i mean really one of them has strong man voice), the highlander looks like carpentar. If you are gonna limit playlist to only DLC maps, then ADD MORE THAN 3 MAPS.Yeah, they often have the same moves and the Highlander's hair really ought to be red.

Collinwood01
01-11-2013, 08:28 PM
I like the idea of a fourth option for DLC owners but I dont think there will ever be enough of them in a lobby to win a vote and then be able to play on the new maps. The DLC owner, in all likelyhood, would have to put on a mic and tell everyone not to vote so that when he/she voted for the DLC map, he would win the vote.

A Cupcake Nurse
01-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Realistically, I would like to (1) see all the modes and maps in the DLC rotation not just three.
(2) Split up FFA & TM options and if it can't be found it states that it cannot find it and asks if you would like to be placed in ____ mode.
I know why they made FFA + TM one rotation but it would be nice to have a choice instead of a surprise.
(3) Greyed out option or hidden option to vote for a DLC when there are at least 4 players in the lobby who have the DLC. At most times there's always three, because the
characters will be taken. (4) Re-naming 'Extra content' to 'DLC-Maps' or something blatantly obvious. If people know that there is DLC available, curiosity may take care of the rest. I still have friends on my list that aren't aware of the new DLC (5) An event/competition that allows a numerical amount of winners to win the DLC. I know that is the only way I got it last year, and encouraged friends to buy it because I and a few others had it. Sometimes, a little bit of free goes a long way, and that would quiet the 'brown-pouch' whiners, as well as encourage more MP play from those that may not usually play it and publicity. This would also heighten the player base. Any of those that 'won' the competition and already have the DLC would immediately go to the next person that does not have it.

Honestly, another game mode would have definitely pushed (I believe) more people into buying the 1st MP DLC. Lead strong so that people will have a good impression of whats to come and then possibly a 'freebie' mode for non-buyers. Additional game modes for future DLC as well as more goodies is good incentive. Even if it's just a bunch of titles and emblems and customizations at least I'd feel like Quantity is there in some form.

DeanOMiite
01-11-2013, 08:56 PM
Many have suggested that a possible solution is to let everyone play on the DLC maps if one or two or however many people have the map and/or add a 4th voting option where a DLC holder can vote for it and if it wins the vote then people can play on it. But...I don't think that would work because people still have to download the maps ya know? Like...if all of you have the DLC and I don't, and I'm in the lobby and the DLC map wins the vote, we can't play it because I won't have them downloaded. Or...do I misunderstand this point? Does the fact that this content is actually already on the disc make what I just said not matter? If that was the case I would be in favor of this idea. I mean..I did pay for them but it's hard to find a match in my preferred game type so if everybody gets the maps as an occasional freebie from time to time, I can live with that as long as I get to play the game types i want on the new maps...I'm sick of trying to find wanted matches and then I get put into artifact assault. I mean, I like AA, but for God's sake I'm trying to play some friggin Wanted over here!!!!!

As for my own solution going forward, I think it begins and ends with Ubi just making better DLC packages. Three maps and three characters isn't enough. If I didn't receive season pass as a gift, i wouldn't have bothered with this DLC. Better packages entice more buyers. Gears of War 3 released a DLC pack last winter that was an extra campaign chapter (took between 1 and 2 hours to play), 4 maps and...I think it was 5 characters. THAT'S what I'm talkin about! Give us THAT! That little bump would go a long way.

To solve the current issue...I say leave it for now and then in three months, THEN release the maps for free. If you're UBI, you don't announce that to everybody because then you guarantee that nobody else buys the DLC so it's bad business for you, but say after three months Ubi either THEN makes the map free, or releases them for like 250 MS points instead of 800. I think people will pay that for 3 characters and 3 maps.

DeanOMiite
01-11-2013, 08:59 PM
Just had another idea...maybe Ubi makes the next event (or one soon to follow the next event) playable on the DLC maps. They are free to play that weekend, the games are ONLY on those maps, and then maybe after people will buy. It's like HBO and SHOWTIME let you sample the channel for a week to entice you to buy. That's just...basic marketing.

Swivel_Gun
01-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Just had another idea...maybe Ubi makes the next event (or one soon to follow the next event) playable on the DLC maps. They are free to play that weekend, the games are ONLY on those maps, and then maybe after people will buy. It's like HBO and SHOWTIME let you sample the channel for a week to entice you to buy. That's just...basic marketing.Yeah, you can get a free taste of the characters if you haven't bought the DLC, but there's no way to sample the maps (which are probably more importantly different).

Many have suggested that a possible solution is to let everyone play on the DLC maps if one or two or however many people have the map and/or add a 4th voting option where a DLC holder can vote for it and if it wins the vote then people can play on it. But...I don't think that would work because people still have to download the maps ya know? Like...if all of you have the DLC and I don't, and I'm in the lobby and the DLC map wins the vote, we can't play it because I won't have them downloaded. Or...do I misunderstand this point? Does the fact that this content is actually already on the disc make what I just said not matter
I think i assumed it was the same as characters, who i certainly saw before i downloaded the DLC.

capybara34
01-11-2013, 09:12 PM
So, assuming that any solution that ever involves a non-DLC-owning player being able to play on the maps is completely impossible, what can be done inside of those limitations?

Well, the first thing I'd say would be that they should move heaven and earth to get the first chapter of King George released as soon as humanly possible, on the theory that that release is going to sell Season Passes, which will in turn expand the Hardened playerbase indirectly.

Secondly, what can be done to make a low-volume, all-modes queue more playable? Me, I think that you could improve the play experience by adding a "Don't ever put me in this mode, ever" set of checkboxes to be applied to matchmaking for the DLC queue (and quick match as well), and enforcing it completely, to the point of letting you wait in a mostly-empty queue indefinately rather than being forced into an unwanted match.

Also, consider making the three voting options all be different modes in the DLC queue. I'm not sure this would help that much, but it couldn't possibly hurt.

A Cupcake Nurse
01-11-2013, 09:16 PM
Many have suggested that a possible solution is to let everyone play on the DLC maps if one or two or however many people have the map and/or add a 4th voting option where a DLC holder can vote for it and if it wins the vote then people can play on it. But...I don't think that would work because people still have to download the maps ya know? Like...if all of you have the DLC and I don't, and I'm in the lobby and the DLC map wins the vote, we can't play it because I won't have them downloaded. Or...do I misunderstand this point? Does the fact that this content is actually already on the disc make what I just said not matter?

I believe your right about it still having to be downloaded, it's still 'locked' material, at least that is what my common sense is telling me.

medavroog
01-11-2013, 09:24 PM
- Reduce the price of the DLC so more people will buy it

- Add extra characters/maps to the DLC so more people will buy it at its current price

- Remove the extra content section of custom match, add the DLC maps to the normal roulette systen and add a 4th voting option for dlc maps during next session voting round. Who cares if non-dlcers get to play on the map, they already get to play with the new characters during team based modes on the normal maps.

- Add more characters to the DLC and give the maps out for free.

BTW, nice to see that ubi cares more about profits than fixing something that is essentially ruining a part of their DLC.

I find your ideas very attractive as well as possible to be made...I support your ideas...but, the say is in Ubisoft's hands.

guitargod33
01-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Yeah, you can get a free taste of the characters if you haven't bought the DLC, but there's no way to sample the maps (which are probably more importantly different).

this was my immediate thought, and why I support the idea of not separating DLC lobbies, just only let players with the content vote for the DLC maps, and if someone gets in a game every once in a while who didn't buy the maps, so what? It didn't bother Ubi that they "accidentally" play as characters they don't have from time to time. And perhaps it would entice players to buy the DLC so they have the freedom to play those maps whenever they like.

Dosenwabe
01-11-2013, 09:37 PM
edit: Argh, just add this ****ing fourth voting option, I'm sick of this whole DLC story now.

cjdavies
01-11-2013, 09:52 PM
In Quantum of Solace, when the DLC map won the vote, those who didn't have the DLC maps didn't start the game, they were kicked out.

Half players kicked but soon filled after a minute in.

A Cupcake Nurse
01-11-2013, 10:04 PM
@AirPrince- Yes, I know that. That's generally how DLC's work now for games, everything is on the disc just locked away until a magical hand/code/key can reveal the contents. IMHO I just don't think Ubisoft would allow for players who did not pay, to play such a large financial portion of the game. It opens them up to claims of false advertisement and other legalities. Because I can bet there will be at least one person pissed that he bought the DLC and others are allowed to play without pay, and it only takes one person. That plus Ubi would be loosing future profits for potential buyers of DLC. They could play with friends, and simply just not buy it.

I've been in lobbies for COD where I've had majority of the lobby choose the DLC, the loading screen has started and I've been kicked. It is however a nice idea, but I believe Ubi is just like any company and wants profit over other priorities

swiftavenger212
01-11-2013, 10:09 PM
solutin is very simple. Splitting player base is only way to go. Just make your DLC more attractive, either add more content or lower price.

AC player base isn't big enough to warrant such a split on such little content.

Suggestion: Give maps for free, make few more characters buyable...For example instead of releasing like 16 characters (not sure how many they released with the game), release 12 and give 7 characters in DLC.

NightsIayer
01-12-2013, 12:16 AM

This... Why can't ubisoft see it this way?

najzere
01-12-2013, 12:19 AM
There's no way to fix this without giving the maps away for free, it's not that hard to understand.

Assassinsyk
01-12-2013, 01:45 AM
I gotta say, DeanOMiite (?) is the one with the best solution, and compromise of you all; make the maps a 'demo', and free for EVERYONE for a week, a weekend, a month, whatever. I've studied marketing, and it's clear that the biggest problem here is that MOST PLAYERS DON'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT THE MAPS. and why would they? The 'news' thing in-game is a joke; it's always showing an exclamation even of there's nothing new, and people ignore it. We all forget that EVERYONE on the forum is above average interested in the game, above average informed about it, but we are a tiny minority of the player base. We need to not only get the news of the maps out, we need to give people a taste. The maps are awesome, and once you know that there's a good chance you'll pay to keep them.

TL;DR: as DeanOMiite said: give the junkie his first hit for free. The users will love it, UBI will get their money and publicity, the buyers (including me) won't feel ripped off. Clearly, it's a rare case of win/win/win.

Free_Hidings
01-12-2013, 02:14 AM
Market the DLC / give us a free trial and consider lowering the price. Or come up with a few new costumes / customization options and pack that in with the DLC to bulk it out

montagemik
01-12-2013, 02:20 AM
I gotta say, DeanOMiite (?) is the one with the best solution, and compromise of you all; make the maps a 'demo', and free for EVERYONE for a week, a weekend, a month, whatever. I've studied marketing, and it's clear that the biggest problem here is that MOST PLAYERS DON'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT THE MAPS. and why would they? The 'news' thing in-game is a joke; it's always showing an exclamation even of there's nothing new, and people ignore it. We all forget that EVERYONE on the forum is above average interested in the game, above average informed about it, but we are a tiny minority of the player base. We need to not only get the news of the maps out, we need to give people a taste. The maps are awesome, and once you know that there's a good chance you'll pay to keep them.

TL;DR: as DeanOMiite said: give the junkie his first hit for free. The users will love it, UBI will get their money and publicity, the buyers (including me) won't feel ripped off. Clearly, it's a rare case of win/win/win.

Interesting - you studied marketing .

So as people can already play as new characters occassionally by playing team games with those who own the DLC already -
By allowing everyone else to play on the maps for FREE for a week or more - What would be the incentive for many others to actually Buy the DLC after that period ?-
They've just received a full week or more to achieve the EXTRA achievements & trophies linked with this DLC .
So a little counter productive regards increasing DLC sales at all - back to square one.

Selling the maps as DLC was a ridiculous move for the community -
They should've been made FREE for everyone as a community objective.

While creating a larger Character pack Only as DLC still encourages DLC sales for those who want the 100% trophy /achievement list.
(increasing DLC sales is the only reason Trophies & achievements are linked to this specific DLC content)

That way the DLC is Still purchased by the dedicated players - Without it impacting on the rest of community playerbase experience.

& I work in sales & marketing.

BLineDesigns
01-12-2013, 02:25 AM
Market the DLC / give us a free trial and consider lowering the price. Or come up with a few new costumes / customization options and pack that in with the DLC to bulk it out

Ubisoft did that with the Mediterranean Pack in Revelations. It did not work. At all. And I mean AT ALL. They offered a free week trial, but the same problems still remained. The playerbase was split and the entire community suffered as a result, especially those that went out and paid for a DLC that they could never use. Marketing is not the solution here.

Dosenwabe
01-12-2013, 02:27 AM
TL;DR: as DeanOMiite said: give the junkie his first hit for free. The users will love it, UBI will get their money and publicity, the buyers (including me) won't feel ripped off. Clearly, it's a rare case of win/win/win You're too optimistic, this won't work that well because the price of the DLC is way, way too high. Only a few are willing to pay that much (or pay at all) for that little content, especially not the common, "not above average interested" players. And many people just don't care about DLC no matter the value. And even if some more buy it, the players will still be split. I think the 4th voting option is still the (second) best solution. (best is just making the maps completely free)

Assassinsyk
01-12-2013, 04:31 PM
Interesting - you studied marketing .

So as people can already play as new characters occassionally by playing team games with those who own the DLC already -
By allowing everyone else to play on the maps for FREE for a week or more - What would be the incentive for many others to actually Buy the DLC after that period ?-
They've just received a full week or more to achieve the EXTRA achievements & trophies linked with this DLC .
So a little counter productive regards increasing DLC sales at all - back to square one.

Selling the maps as DLC was a ridiculous move for the community -
They should've been made FREE for everyone as a community objective.

While creating a larger Character pack Only as DLC still encourages DLC sales for those who want the 100% trophy /achievement list.
(increasing DLC sales is the only reason Trophies & achievements are linked to this specific DLC content)

That way the DLC is Still purchased by the dedicated players - Without it impacting on the rest of community playerbase experience.

& I work in sales & marketing.

Since you work in sales, you should try to stick to the brief of the client, which is literally just "giving them away won't happen". While I agree this would be ideal, lets just try to get creative with other solutions.

Biggest problem? Nobody knows about it. There are millions of players with the game, a fragment of which play MP on a regular basis, a fragment of which subscribes to UBI on YouTube/frequents the forums. Thus, there are potentially hundreds of thousands who might be interested in the DLC, but simply doesn't know about it. So how do we reach these keeeeds? They log on, and play an awesome, new map. I'm not saying that will fix it entirely, I'm saying its a start.

More content would be awesome, but I doubt they can just churn out 3 more maps and 5 new characters over night. They don't have anything more to sell, and it will either take time to create, or be sloppy at best.

And who cares about trophies, but not a bump in content anyway? Yeah, a few, as in the same dorks who boosts to get on the leaderboard, but it's a minority and shouldn't be given the privilege of inclusion of the decision.

I know it didn't work for the Mediterranean DLC, but it's a bigger game now, they have season pass, and again, it's a start. Demos and betas sell games, it is known.

cjdavies
01-12-2013, 05:41 PM
You're too optimistic, this won't work that well because the price of the DLC is way, way too high. Only a few are willing to pay that much (or pay at all) for that little content, especially not the common, "not above average interested" players. And many people just don't care about DLC no matter the value. And even if some more buy it, the players will still be split. I think the 4th voting option is still the (second) best solution. (best is just making the maps completely free)

Excatly no way I'm paying 800 points, rather keep that for the single player content, if I had the season pass it would be different as it's part of package.

guitargod33
01-12-2013, 06:57 PM
I've got an idea! How about invest in a proper server infrastructure? Undoubtedly many players are being literally shoved out the door, never to return to AC MP, by the joke that is AC MP. If they were to have a PROPER experience in MP that one should have when purchasing a AAA game, they might stick around longer, actually invest more of their time into the game, and perhaps their money too, and we'd have more DLC players.

montagemik
01-12-2013, 08:49 PM
Since you work in sales, you should try to stick to the brief of the client, which is literally just "giving them away won't happen". While I agree this would be ideal, lets just try to get creative with other solutions.

Biggest problem? Nobody knows about it. There are millions of players with the game, a fragment of which play MP on a regular basis, a fragment of which subscribes to UBI on YouTube/frequents the forums. Thus, there are potentially hundreds of thousands who might be interested in the DLC, but simply doesn't know about it. So how do we reach these keeeeds? They log on, and play an awesome, new map. I'm not saying that will fix it entirely, I'm saying its a start.

More content would be awesome, but I doubt they can just churn out 3 more maps and 5 new characters over night. They don't have anything more to sell, and it will either take time to create, or be sloppy at best.

And who cares about trophies, but not a bump in content anyway? Yeah, a few, as in the same dorks who boosts to get on the leaderboard, but it's a minority and shouldn't be given the privilege of inclusion of the decision.

I know it didn't work for the Mediterranean DLC, but it's a bigger game now, they have season pass, and again, it's a start. Demos and betas sell games, it is known.

I'm afraid you need to study some more my friend - I know what sells this product & this type of merchandise .
If the content was aimed at & intended to be sold to only one specific type of customer - The client's remit of 'Free to nobody' would be fine .
But it's an addition intended for sale to the whole community ,as it's description would suggest . So is nothing but counter productive long term the way it's currently being implemented only benefits the client SHORT TERM .

So forget the Twitter/facebook BS of "we're willing to look at viable solutions to solving this playerbase split issue" The remit you're talking about does exactly the opposite . .
If the client truly had the playerbase interests & community enhancements in mind - They would be told similar by any marketing company ,ensuring the best possible outcome for the clients in all aspects is part of marketing strategy. But ubisoft clearly listened to nobody but themselves. AGAIN .

Assassinsyk
01-12-2013, 10:26 PM
It's a shame you have already given up, although after three years of dealing with their hopeless support and dodgy business model, I don't blame you. You are more than likely right, and there's a snowball's chance in hell they'll fess up and/or fix this mess. But I won't let them win on a walkover, and won't let their final day in the matter be a moderator's "I will pass this on to the team". The cheaper they get away with this BS, the worse they'll get.

slade109
01-13-2013, 12:10 AM
I'm not sure how uncharted does it but if some one does they should post it because I find games on there fine all I know really is they have a dlc on or off toggle so maybe thats all we need

Bashilir
01-13-2013, 01:12 AM
Add the DLC maps to the voting system, but only let DLC owners able to vote for them. This way, if DLC owners choose to play it and it wins, that's the only way a non-DLC player can actually play the maps, just like with characters, pretty easy to fix..

slade109
01-13-2013, 01:50 AM
Add the DLC maps to the voting system, but only let DLC owners able to vote for them. This way, if DLC owners choose to play it and it wins, that's the only way a non-DLC player can actually play the maps, just like with characters, pretty easy to fix..
I like this idea I think this would work if they had to they could patch a viewer pack in or something

Dosenwabe
01-13-2013, 02:40 AM
Really now: The (second) best solution would be, like many others said: Add a fourth voting option to the normal system that contains only one of the 3 DLC maps BUT only DLC-owners in the lobby have this fourth (optional) vote-option and can vote for the DLC map. There won't be many DLC owner average in a lobby that often. The other players can still only vote for the other 3 options (and important :To be fair, they cannot see if theres a fourth option or not! To make sure they don't "passive" vote for the DLC map by just giving no vote for any of the other options) but play on the DLC maps IF the DLC-map-voters win. Would anybody be against this solution? Hello? Is any of the devs reading this thread? Would you kindly share your opinion about this solution?

Assassinsyk
01-13-2013, 03:03 PM
Hello? Is any of the devs reading this thread? Would you kindly share your opinion about this solution?

Have we heard anything at all, other than a moderator's promise to bring it up at the next Christmas party, and some dev's generic response when put on the spot on twitter?

Btw, I love the idea of being able to vote on it. But I still think it will remain unplayed unless more people get it/are able to vote it.

Dosenwabe
01-13-2013, 03:12 PM
Have we heard anything at all, other than a moderator's promise to bring it up at the next Christmas party, and some dev's generic response when put on the spot on twitter? Btw, I love the idea of being able to vote on it. But I still think it will remain unplayed unless more people get it/are able to vote it. Sure, gods don't talk to mortals usually. But maybe we find a Jesus-like person who can contact them for us (that is not Mr.Shade), so we can talk to them. If not, we find a Kratos-like person who slaughters through olympus until he gets what he wants. (I want to be that person)

Crumplecorn
01-13-2013, 04:11 PM
Nobody buy any DLC ever.

Problem solved.

Jaanii95
01-14-2013, 01:02 AM
Maybe they will release the maps in a few months when a lot of players are gone.

guitargod33
01-14-2013, 04:57 AM
Maybe they will release the maps in a few months when a lot of players are gone.

The ACR maps aren't free yet. Snowball's chance.

ChristrinDeLore
01-14-2013, 05:34 AM
Nobody buy any DLC ever.

Problem solved.

Thank you.

weeklydose
01-14-2013, 09:47 AM
I don't think there's an easy solution for this. Looking back, I feel ACB still did it best, because at least there the new maps were put into regular rotation.

In general, I don't like map pack DLC, since it will always split up the player base. And in the case of Assassin's Creed III, that is a shame, because the new maps are positively awesome. I've tried playing matches on them, but I can only ever find about 3 active lobbies (as opposed to the 40+ for the regular maps)... and then the game puts me in an entirely different mode from what I asked for.

Desmond.Miles.
01-14-2013, 10:01 AM
haha u guys think ubi will read this thread and will consider ur ideas? ahahahaha ur so funny xD they seriously made this forum just to make u think they will see your opinion if u post it here. in reality they dont give a ****. nothing is going to change. i don't see any point in you trying to think of what SHOULD happen with the dlc maps. just look at the facts - you, the costumers, are trying to give ideas how Ubisoft, the developer and publisher, should actually do their job, when in reality they should try to fix this, not you. They don't care. Get over it.

PANiC_ATTACKER
01-14-2013, 10:13 AM
JUST RELEASE THE MAPS FOR FREE!! END OF!!
Less and less people will now buy DLC maps so bite the bullet , admit you have royally cocked up and release the maps to all! and compensate the people who bought the sh!t DLC!

PANiC_ATTACKER
01-14-2013, 10:17 AM
HOWS ABOUT!! release the MAPS!! just the MAPS !! on the abstergo store so people can use Abstergo credits to buy them?

TERMIN4TOR1000
01-14-2013, 05:14 PM
HOWS ABOUT!! release the MAPS!! just the MAPS !! on the abstergo store so people can use Abstergo credits to buy them?
Why are you yelling? And why the fucck do you have to reply to every fuccking topic here?

montagemik
01-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Why are you yelling? And why the fucck do you have to reply to every fuccking topic here?

Why do you need to swear ?? perhaps the caps are for emphasis not to imply yelling . And maybe he feels the need to reply - Just like you did .

Assassinsyk
01-14-2013, 06:05 PM
^Yeah, Loki! It's almost like you think you're on some sorta place for discussions and exchange of opinions?! Get a grip, man!

LonoftheDead
01-14-2013, 06:11 PM
I dont get why they didnt go back to acb when thinking of a solution. I rememberbeing able to pick which 'version' I wanted to play on. Not enough people to play a certain mode on 3.0? Its cool 2.0 would definitely have some. Yes it splits the playerbase still but at least people with the dlc can still have regular maps in rotation. I can see the new maps getting stale just as qyickly as the dlc maps in acr.

YondaimeFlash
01-14-2013, 06:32 PM
Plain and simple make a FFA playlist and a Team one but make it to anyone who has the dlc can play it all others are sadly SOL until the get the DLC. But personally I think they should be free they didnt see to have a problem giving us free maps in ACB until the 3rd DLC but that came with SP DLC.

capybara34
01-14-2013, 06:56 PM
I am beginning to think that splitting the DLC queue into FFA and Team modes would in fact help the situation rather than making it worse. I know I'd hit the DLC map queue a lot more often if I knew there was absolutely no chance of getting involuntarily forced into yet another Artifact Assault clanbake, and I really don't think that I'm alone here.

But what really has to happen in the long term is for Ubisoft to (publicly) acknowledge that paid DLC maps in a game with the MP playerbase that this one or any conceivable sequel is going to have will always fail, utterly, so unless the next console generation will allow cross-platform gaming to a point where you can merge all four communities into the same queues (and maybe not even then. Not very likely that that will happen at any rate.), they need to either design their budgets such that free additional maps are subsidized by some other part of the game's revenues or else just not do additional maps at all.

PigStuffy77
01-14-2013, 07:08 PM
Have a section like in ACB where you can choose your DLC but instead of just choosing your specific DLC, Let it just be tacked on. So when people have the battled hardened DLC then can get in those games or games that don't require the DLC as well.

montagemik
01-14-2013, 07:25 PM
I am beginning to think that splitting the DLC queue into FFA and Team modes would in fact help the situation rather than making it worse. I know I'd hit the DLC map queue a lot more often if I knew there was absolutely no chance of getting involuntarily forced into yet another Artifact Assault clanbake, and I really don't think that I'm alone here.

But what really has to happen in the long term is for Ubisoft to (publicly) acknowledge that paid DLC maps in a game with the MP playerbase that this one or any conceivable sequel is going to have will always fail, utterly, so unless the next console generation will allow cross-platform gaming to a point where you can merge all four communities into the same queues (and maybe not even then. Not very likely that that will happen at any rate.), they need to either design their budgets such that free additional maps are subsidized by some other part of the game's revenues or else just not do additional maps at all.

They knew what would happen - They knew what they were doing ...............They just didn't care .
AC is almost a guaranteed seller for them now - The days when they make an AC game that fails to cover it's development / marketing & distribution costs ARE LONG GONE .