PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone assume we're going to kill Washington?

LoyalACFan
01-11-2013, 06:39 AM
There's a thread going on this site containing links to several lunatic American writers freaking out about the prospect of killing Washington in the Tyranny DLC, but are we even sure that that's going to happen? Ezio didn't kill Rodrigo Borgia or Prince Ahmet. Luke Skywalker didn't kill Darth Vader. I mean, for God's sake, the final installment of the "trilogy", if you will, is titled "The Redemption." Why is it necessarily a given that we're going to kill the dude?

montagemik
01-11-2013, 06:51 AM
I'm gonna be dissapointed if we don't - That guy needed a Kicking in AC-3 as it is for screwing connor's people over . ( personally , i'd have Scalped Him )
Least they can do is let Connor trounce the guy in an alternate reality . Karma has to kick in somewhere.

Toa TAK
01-11-2013, 06:54 AM
I don't think we'll kill him, but I expect a darngood bossfight.

Assassin_M
01-11-2013, 06:55 AM
I`ll be disappointed if we don't...

Sucky final boss in main game AND non-canon DLC ? Come on

HisSpiritLives
01-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Dunno why he acted like jerk in AC3 and i want to kill him.

RinoTheBouncer
01-11-2013, 09:59 AM
I wonder why does it have to be so personal? I mean c'mon if they kill whoever he/she is in the game why does that sound offensive or strange to people in the real world? it's a video game, and no I'm not belittling the value of a video game but I'm saying that this has nothing to do with real life, enter the movie, watch it and enjoy it, no need to sync it with real life events and desperately find an offense in it. Whether we kill him or not, it's the same, as long as the story is good enough and fitting to the conclusion they'll end up selecting.

CC1138
01-11-2013, 02:49 PM
There's a thread going on this site containing links to several lunatic American writers freaking out about the prospect of killing Washington in the Tyranny DLC, but are we even sure that that's going to happen? Ezio didn't kill Rodrigo Borgia or Prince Ahmet. Luke Skywalker didn't kill Darth Vader. I mean, for God's sake, the final installment of the "trilogy", if you will, is titled "The Redemption." Why is it necessarily a given that we're going to kill the dude?

Killing him or not, I imagine they would be upset by the portrayal of Washington as a villain alone.

ProletariatPleb
01-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Why not? I wanna kill him simply because I want to. Sure he was some hero or whatever so what? Do you see me crying that Gandhi can nuke people in Civilization games? lol.

It's non-canon, we should be able to do whatever we wish.

montagemik
01-11-2013, 04:42 PM
I say lets put it to a community vote - "Should we be able to kill him or not " ...................GW was a big fan of democracy - I'm sure he'd approve of this . :D

LoyalACFan
01-12-2013, 07:48 AM
I don't think we'll kill him, but I expect a darngood bossfight.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Based on the fights with Rodrigo, Cesare, Manuel, Pitcairn, Biddle, and Haytham... I'm not expecting much. I'd rather have a true stealth assassination. Free-running over the White House to take out your target? Yes please. And yeah, I know the White House wasn't finished until after Washington died, but what the hell, it's non-canon anyway :p

xboxauditore
01-12-2013, 12:30 PM
I imagine because it doesn't affect the story, We probably will.

Toa TAK
01-12-2013, 05:56 PM
I wouldn't get my hopes up. Based on the fights with Rodrigo, Cesare, Manuel, Pitcairn, Biddle, and Haytham... I'm not expecting much. I'd rather have a true stealth assassination. Free-running over the White House to take out your target? Yes please. And yeah, I know the White House wasn't finished until after Washington died, but what the hell, it's non-canon anyway :p

If we can get something like Al Mualim again, that would be great. He's still the best boss in the franchise.

IceHot100
01-12-2013, 09:02 PM
People who say this are either AC haters or stupid americans (no offense intended). Firstly, it's a non canon DLC. What's the **** problem then? Secondly, the DLC story never happened. Why are they freaking out even if we kill him? When the AC trailers came out, I saw how the British were pissed of and the americans were ridiculing them. And now they don't have the right to piss off, especially when the DLC never happened...

Bluefire454
01-13-2013, 12:13 AM
I wouldn't care... of course, I would never want to kill Washington, but in a non canon DLC where he turns evil, I really wouldn't care at all.