PDA

View Full Version : Ishuma - 5 might / 4 magic - Sanctuary Deck

Aza404
01-10-2013, 03:48 PM
Hi guys,

As I've FINALLY managed to get over 1000 ELO (yes it took me this long ;)) I've decided that I would share the deck I used for to get there as I've been having great results with it (even with crappy starter hands). It's got me a nice 10 win streak so far...

Hero:
Ishuma, Lord of Dragons

Creatures:
Shark Guard x4
Spring Spirit x2
Coral Priestess x4
Kappa x4
Lesser Air Elemental x2
Lesser Fire Elemental x2
Kirin x4
Wanizame x4
Kenshi x2
Pearl Priestess x2
Mitzu Kami x1
Yuki-Onna x1
Naga Tide Master x2
Deep Mountain Yeti x2

Spells:
Eternal Winter x4
Sunburst x2
Ice Spikes x2
Blizzard x3
Geyser x2

Events:
Week of taxes x4
Week of the Wild Spirits x2 (I need 2 more)
Week of the Mercenaries x2 (to be replace by the above)

I'm pretty sure it can be made better but I like it so far.
I use a combination of Priestesses and area of effect spells to take out as many enemy creatures as possible to great results! It's a bit hard against magic resistant creatures as I've maximized the use of Magic Melee and Magic Shooters in order to get the best our of Week of the Wild Spirits. I also enjoy using Eternal Winter with Ishuma's ability to inflict 3 damage for a cost of 1 action point :D

Enjoy,
Aza

Harmbringer
01-10-2013, 03:56 PM
GZ for that success!
I also had a hard time to get those 30 wins with Sanctuary, those Elementals also were important for me as those honored guyes are so fragile.
I suggest Spring Spirit x4

Uraxor
01-10-2013, 04:25 PM
Oh, nice to see you playing as well! Looking forward to meeting you on the battlefield :)

Add 2 Spring Spirits - I'd say 4 is the very minimum of 2 cost creatures you need to be getting them consistently. Against rush I found it hard to come back after losing out a turn due to lack of drop..
Lesser Elementals - swap them for Shanriya Priestesses as soon as you can, imho.
Mizu-Kami: I found that card really hard to play, and not worth its cost, most of the times. Ideally you'd go Nyorai (the 4 cost unique), but ..
Kenshi - I'd get Yuki-Onnas instead, they have Hypno which is amazing with Ishuma and Kenshi only has 4 Health which I find bit too low. [Especially since you put him next to other creatures. Screams Fireball.] Wani is usually enough to do the trick with surprise Att growth. [Especially with Wild Spirits.]
Take out Blizzards - isn't neither AoE nor Immobilize, so it doesn't really help you. Better to put in Geysers/Ice Spikes.
Oh and try to find a place for ~2 Paos. That bit of extra surprise damage often decides games .. :)

..and beware, over 1000 elo.. Throne otks are coming..

I am playing similar variation with Yukiko (don't have another Sanct hero), just with some fortunes and it works really well too.

Good luck - and have fun ^^

zenithale
01-10-2013, 05:29 PM
Congratulations!
You can watch the Deck I used with Ishuma, few weeks ago HERE (http://www.mmdoc.net/show_deck/109/).