PDA

View Full Version : How to check progress of variety bonuses?

Empyreal Light
01-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Besides the tally of the bonuses in a session how else can you check them?

HoboBroYo
01-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Be glad they added a counter

Empyreal Light
01-10-2013, 11:32 AM
Be glad they added a counter

Ummm you're making seem like I'm complaining...you can save the crappy response for someone else.

cjdavies
01-10-2013, 12:19 PM
You could note them down and tick off what you have done as you play.

HoboBroYo
01-10-2013, 12:26 PM
Ummm you're making seem like I'm complaining...you can save the crappy response for someone else.
The counter wasn't present in ACB or ACR even having one is an improvement also being able to see the tally wouldn't help because that doesn't inform you of what you have done.

SoXFan231642
01-10-2013, 12:35 PM
a notepad and a pen.

Empyreal Light
01-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the feedback

DeanOMiite
01-10-2013, 01:32 PM
there's no way to do it that makes any sense, honestly. The game counts for you but it doesn't tell you what you have and what you don't, and you're probably not going to be writing it down as you go. That being said I've developed my own way to remember and it's pretty effective.

Basically to me there are two kinds of bonuses....accidental bonuses and intentional bonuses. The accidental bonuses, they just kind of happen. You can't really keep control them. These are bonuses like chain, savior, poacher, and to a degree lure and the different kind of escapes, though with those you can actually TRY for a lure (using decoy, for example, or you're sure to get it if you're using morph or blender) and escape once an opponent triggers it, then you can try for either hidden escape or brutal escape. Stuff like that. But basically I call them accidental because they just happen, you don't really control them. Well...you can to a degree, like if your target has three pursuers I know I can probably pick up a poacher by running at him like an idiot or something like that, but it's tough to have that as part of your plan....K-I-S-S, keep it simple, stupid.

The intentional ones are more in your control, and it's easier to remember the smaller number of them than is to try and remember 15.These are bonuses like acrobatic, focus, aerial, ground finish, stun, ambush to a degree, revive if you're playing a team game, and then the approach kills (reckless discreet etc). If you just try to keep a mental note of which of those you've gotten it becomes a lot easier.

Honestly, when I play FFA, I only try to remember seven bonuses...reckless, discreet, silent, incognito, aerial, acrobatic, and ground finish. I don't include stun as part of this only because there's no way I'm not getting at least one stun, so I don't bother thinking about it. But with those seven...I go out of my way to set them up and I almost always get extreme variety. I completed the extreme variety challenge (that's 75 extreme varieties) in the first week after release so two months later I've probably earned somewhere in the neighborhood of 400-500 extreme variety bonuses, and approaching it this way works for me.

cjdavies
01-10-2013, 02:17 PM
I mostly end up with 13/14 and never remember what is left, so may do this way, I have my laptop next to me anyway, so open say notepad, and have a list of common bonuses I'm likely to get in Deathmatch and delete them as I do it.

Empyreal Light
01-10-2013, 02:50 PM
there's no way to do it that makes any sense, honestly. The game counts for you but it doesn't tell you what you have and what you don't, and you're probably not going to be writing it down as you go. That being said I've developed my own way to remember and it's pretty effective.

Basically to me there are two kinds of bonuses....accidental bonuses and intentional bonuses. The accidental bonuses, they just kind of happen. You can't really keep control them. These are bonuses like chain, savior, poacher, and to a degree lure and the different kind of escapes, though with those you can actually TRY for a lure (using decoy, for example, or you're sure to get it if you're using morph or blender) and escape once an opponent triggers it, then you can try for either hidden escape or brutal escape. Stuff like that. But basically I call them accidental because they just happen, you don't really control them. Well...you can to a degree, like if your target has three pursuers I know I can probably pick up a poacher by running at him like an idiot or something like that, but it's tough to have that as part of your plan....K-I-S-S, keep it simple, stupid.

The intentional ones are more in your control, and it's easier to remember the smaller number of them than is to try and remember 15.These are bonuses like acrobatic, focus, aerial, ground finish, stun, ambush to a degree, revive if you're playing a team game, and then the approach kills (reckless discreet etc). If you just try to keep a mental note of which of those you've gotten it becomes a lot easier.

Honestly, when I play FFA, I only try to remember seven bonuses...reckless, discreet, silent, incognito, aerial, acrobatic, and ground finish. I don't include stun as part of this only because there's no way I'm not getting at least one stun, so I don't bother thinking about it. But with those seven...I go out of my way to set them up and I almost always get extreme variety. I completed the extreme variety challenge (that's 75 extreme varieties) in the first week after release so two months later I've probably earned somewhere in the neighborhood of 400-500 extreme variety bonuses, and approaching it this way works for me.

Thanks Dean! I'll try this method

But I just thought that you could check your bonuses like in the option menu or something similar, apparently not. I'll try your method and see if it works for me.

Ultima Powers 7
01-10-2013, 03:02 PM
Like DeanOMiite says so comprehensively, it's a lot easier and more effective in the long run to just develop a mental check list and general approach to picking up the bonuses you can control as you go. For instance, always strive to get 'First Blood' as this is a unique bonus. I will go for a poison (hidden, ideally) kill first of all, usually not bothering to build up to Incog as it takes too long and someone will no doubt beat you to that precious first kill. Then just go in phases, I'll get some combination of stun/escape bonuses shortly after that first kill and will usually pick up lures etc late in the game as this is when people start to rush their approach.

It's just a matter of having a good memory for the different bonuses, have a list of them next to you as a cheat sheet for reference but don't become reliant on it to keep score for you as it will break your flow to have to note down each bonus as they are earned. In AC, you blink and you're dead. As long as you make a concerted mental effort to 'log' the bonuses in your head as you earn them after a couple of weeks you'll be doing it automatically.

Good topic!