PDA

View Full Version : Do ALL kills make you notorious?

zarakon
01-09-2013, 11:37 PM
Do ALL kills make you notorious to your pursuers (the blue lock above your head)? Or does it depend on your approach meter and/or the type of kill? It seems like incognito and silent kills should not, but I can't really tell.

dogtobycars
01-09-2013, 11:41 PM
I've also been wondering this, but I manage to get an incognito kill in wolfpack and the NPC knows I'm there even when I'm behind them, so that makes me question how silent the kill actually is. Maybe it just makes the kill go by faster and you get a bit more time to react to the threat.

Miranger
01-09-2013, 11:43 PM
I think anything but poison makes you notorious.

montagemik
01-09-2013, 11:47 PM
I think mostly people just see your kill animation & lock you that way
Often my pursuers will kill an NPC lookalike as i'm dropping an incog poison on my own target, so i guess i'm not highlighted to them.

cjdavies
01-10-2013, 12:07 AM
I can only think poison is the exception.

Metalsnake27
01-10-2013, 12:27 AM
I don't... think so.

I know stuns make you notorious.. WHICH THEY SHOULDNT!!!

montagemik
01-10-2013, 12:46 AM
I don't... think so.

I'd say anything you do that NPC's can't do Should make you notorious Only IF in line of sight of your pursuer , even if they didn't see your stun or kill.
Incognito is just for approach bonus points - it doesn't make you un-noticed .

najzere
01-10-2013, 02:09 AM
So let the computer point out to you what is high profile instead of using your own perception? No thanks, this game has been dumbed down enough as it is.

montagemik
01-10-2013, 02:16 AM
So let the computer point out to you what is high profile instead of using your own perception? No thanks, this game has been dumbed down enough as it is.

Then your perception is flawed i think - because if in line of sight , the computer highlights my high profile pursuers to me - even if i haven't seen them myself .
Not sure what yours is doing for you .

zarakon
01-10-2013, 02:20 AM
I think his interpretation of your word "should" is different from how you meant it.

BlindInIce
01-10-2013, 06:27 AM
I don't... think so.

Agreed. I just recently learned that if you get shot while stunning someone, the shooter gets Execution. Haha I guess the notorious...ness counts as running, or more likely Execution just checks whether you're in high profile or not and stuns count as high profile.